April 11

13»

Replies

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Jana_2020 wrote: »
    @victorious55 I saw your note yesterday about an out of town emergency. Glad you are back and hoping all is well now for you and whatever the emergency was.

Mon Apr 11 (yay, I am on the right day today!) Three yeses finally. And good news for yesterday, I had the weight wrong on something I had estimated. Today I had leftovers and weighed them and realized that yesterday I was only 88 calories over. Pleased that I'm starting to get back with the program.

Hmm, treats, I'm trying to get off of the treat mentality. It has led to years of thinking I deserved it for some reason or another and led to gross excesses for me (remember I was a binger). There are things I do now to feel like I'm enjoying a sweet treat but lowering the calories. A favourite is a single serving low fat coconut yogurt with 1 tbsp. each of mini chocolate chips and nuts and then adding 4 tbsp of low fat whipped cream. Another treat when I was still feeling the need to binge was popcorn with one ounce of grated cheese on it and Nothing But the Bagel Seasoning. How I stopped the treat mentality and binge cycle was if I bought something and I binged on it, then I wouldn't allow myself to buy it again. It worked lol. Now I exercise some self control or that's the last time it enters the house. Tough love, even for myself! I'm like Terri though, I don't have forbidden foods; unless I can't control myself with it. Over time, I have gotten much better at controlling the portion size.

@Jana_2020 I totally know what u mean it def needs to be monitored very closely esp for ppl like us that hve a history of bingeing or comfort eating. Love ur strategy, changing your environment to suit ur needs is critical. I received an easter bunny as a gift the other day and put it away thinking I will give 2 my son for Easter hmm that didn't happen. I was tired and on edge about hving to go to work the next day so ordered a kebab and chips then ate the whole easter bunny. I ate the chockie not cos i was hungry but simply cos I knew the kebab had already taken my over my calories and also cos I thought it would made me feel good. It didn't i just had a sore tummy all night and day. What I should hve done is got hubby to hide the bunny away till easter day... Ahh well u live and u learn and u are right tough love works wonders. Planned treats in moderation= can be great. Stuffing my face on unplanned junk= terrible. Xox
  • donna25trinity
    ✅✅✅
    0 pass days

Meant to say. What are treats? I fit things in to my cals which I like every day I don’t think of it as splurging or cheating or even as a treat.

@summerskier simple and brilliant mindset! Love it! Xo
  • donna25trinity
    jmu1965 wrote: »
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No formal exercise today. Did my nightly stretching.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No (see note below ☺️)
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No. I ate some chocolate that was at work and didn’t record the calories.
    So today that chocolate was a treat. When I was at work last Thursday I didn’t want the chocolate because I didn’t want to eat it because I am trying to avoid refined sugar to heal. Hmm. I wonder what changed??

@jmu1965 he he yes I tots know wat u mean. Funny how quick our decisions can change based on thoughts, feeling or mood right! Xo
  • lesdarts180
    lesdarts180 Posts: 2,666 Member
    11/04/2022
    Exercise – yes.
    Tracking – yes
    Calories – yes
    No pass days yet.

Catching up with this a bit late (Wednesday evening)

Treats? Well, I have a cupboard full of delicious snacks and have one or two every day but I try to avoid the “I deserve a treat” mentality.
    I suppose food that has virtually no nutritional value – eg ice cream, chocolate, some desserts – would be treats, but I find I don’t crave them and I don’t even enjoy over-sweet and creamy desserts.
    I will have a (measured) square or two of good quality dark chocolate. Good dark chocolate is a treat but most chocolate easter eggs, bunnies, Xmas stuff etc is poor quality and easily resisted.
    I had a small individually wrapped ice cream after lunch a couple of days ago but it was logged and within my calorie allowance.
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,138 Member

@Jana_2020 I totally know what u mean it def needs to be monitored very closely esp for ppl like us that hve a history of bingeing or comfort eating. Love ur strategy, changing your environment to suit ur needs is critical. I received an easter bunny as a gift the other day and put it away thinking I will give 2 my son for Easter hmm that didn't happen. I was tired and on edge about hving to go to work the next day so ordered a kebab and chips then ate the whole easter bunny. I ate the chockie not cos i was hungry but simply cos I knew the kebab had already taken my over my calories and also cos I thought it would made me feel good. It didn't i just had a sore tummy all night and day. What I should hve done is got hubby to hide the bunny away till easter day... Ahh well u live and u learn and u are right tough love works wonders. Planned treats in moderation= can be great. Stuffing my face on unplanned junk= terrible. Xox

@donna25trinity Oh I can so relate to that, def. something I would do. I have had my daughter hide her goodies too bc once I know it's in the house, I'll start to obsess about it. So better to have it hidden.

I have been thinking of you. It's so hard to go back to work after maternity leave; I am feeling for you. I hope you have an enjoyable Easter with your son and family. *Hugs*
  • Jana_2020
    Jana_2020 Posts: 1,138 Member
    @Jana_2020
    Thank you very much!
    My elderly auntie fell and was admitted. Thank God she is getting better.

@victorious55 Oh wow, glad to hear she is getting better. Hoping no bones were broken!
  • donna25trinity
    Jana_2020 wrote: »

@donna25trinity Oh I can so relate to that, def. something I would do. I have had my daughter hide her goodies too bc once I know it's in the house, I'll start to obsess about it. So better to have it hidden.

I have been thinking of you. It's so hard to go back to work after maternity leave; I am feeling for you. I hope you have an enjoyable Easter with your son and family. *Hugs*

Ha ha I'm not laughing at u I'm laughing at the fact that I do the same thing with regards to obsessing about a particular food. Actually I obsesess about all yummy food tbh! Lol! I was actually thinking this morning on my jog that I wish I didn't do this and I wish that food wasn't such a big deal to me to the point that alot of times it's honestly the most importaint thing to me! Not proud of that it's unfortunately me being honest and realistic. So clever how u hve ur daughter hide them from u. Out of sight out of mind right... I love UAC as I know there are ppl on here that understand and can relate to us and it's always made me feel like I am not alone! Xo
  • seilidhe
    seilidhe Posts: 1,042 Member
    4/11/2022
    Exercise? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
    Calories? No
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,973 Member
    @MadisonMolly2017 I really love these posts of yours. They inspire me and cause me to believe that my #healthfirst journey can be a success too. So thank you Maddie. 🌷
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,875 Member
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    @MadisonMolly2017 I really love these posts of yours. They inspire me and cause me to believe that my #healthfirst journey can be a success too. So thank you Maddie. 🌷

Thank you so much Julie @jamcnewman!
    I will keep them coming then!

#healthfirst Really Does Work
    As well as habits/routines/making it as easy as possible

Your encouraging posts really help me!

Hugs,
    🌸Maddie
  • Elbee1
    Elbee1 Posts: 2,023 Member
    April 11
    Exercise: no
    Tracked: no