What's On Your Mind Today?

1235»

Replies

• bookieNJ
    bookieNJ Posts: 3,481 Member
    I am willing to help but my internet is only on my phone. Is there something I can do to help?
  • jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 4,037 Member
    Congratulations Teresa on your new home! What an incredibly exciting time for you and your husband. Wishing you well with the packing, staging, and preparations to get your home onto the market quickly. 💐 @Mrs_Hoffer
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    Weigh in at the dietician’s office on the special scale was today, and all is well. Slow and steady is what I’d call myself (about one pound down a week), and moving in the right direction. The muscle increase has slowed (which I am told us to be expected when in a long term calorie deficit). Keeping the muscle is the goal, so success there as it was up again this weigh in; fat is down 4 pounds in the four week period.

Tonight, I tried some of hubby’s Easter goodies. I don’t even really like sweets and I am proud of myself that I stopped at a half the tracked serving, as they were unappealing once I tried a few. Tracked every bite, but then ended up on the treadmill to match my calories out. This isn’t the first time this month that I have resorted to this, and I am tired of my behaviour already. So, declaring it here. Stopping this now before it gets ugly. 😔 I’ll be keeping closer watch on myself and moving again to my “if you want it track it in tomorrow’s planner, make way for it, and really enjoy it”. Thanks for reading 🌷

@jamcnewman
    Congratulations!!
    I found losing 4lbs per month was very manageable- never too hungry & enough progress to keep at it. Congrats on building muscle❣️❣️❣️
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,960 Member
    @Mrs_Hoffer
    Oh, I’m so happy for you! I know you had a plan for this move - glad you found your new place so quickly!

Sadly, at this point in time, I can’t volunteer to mod or co-mod.

If no one steps forward, I can think of a number of ways to make the set-up easier & less time consuming. Maybe it’s time for a redesign.
  • jamcnewman
    edited April 2022
    Thanks @MadisonMolly2017 🌷

@Mrs_Hoffer I cannot take on any more at this time (and that has become a mantra for me in all aspects of life right now). I agree with Maddie — there are perhaps some adjustments to make this easier to administer. I like being involved and the concept of the cheerleader role — I know those comments made by others help me. But I get the sense that few people go back and read anything and that a lot of that effort seems to be wasted.

Do you intend to come back to the moderator role after settling into your new home? Are you looking for a two month (or some other period) of “bridging”?

I really like this challenge as its focus isn’t strictly on the weigh in result but rather on the habits and accountability that create better health for life.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    @jamcnewman I don't mind moderating... and could very easily come back after a couple of months if need be.. a lot of YOU guys do the "heavy lifting" of giving great, sound advice to people, and although I DO go back and read every single post, I'm often a few days behind. I think that's important, especially for new people, or people who are struggling. We all like the occasional "attaboy".

@LazyBlondeChef has agreed to take over beginning in June after her move in May. I'll set up May this weekend, and can set up June as well (if need be). I think these last 10 months have shown that this group can be very successful as a "team effort".
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    edited April 2022
    bookieNJ wrote: »
    I am willing to help but my internet is only on my phone. Is there something I can do to help?

Thank you so much Mary for your offer. I know how difficult it is sometimes when you're on your phone. I do appreciate the offer. I think where we could use help (currently) is having more people to comment and/or encourage others in the group.. especially new people, those that are struggling, and those that post late. Sometimes when someone posts several days behind where we currently are, I don't think a lot of folks go back and read those posts. I try to read every single post and comment or encourage, especially if no one else has. (Lately I feel I'm falling behind on this, and I'm afraid it's going to get harder for me to do so going forward!)

In any case Mary, we sure appreciate you being in the group, and again, thanks for the offer.
  • bookieNJ
    edited April 2022
    @Mrs_Hoffer -I can do that! As of now, I am always one day behind because I always post the next day on my results. I will go back a week and then see if I need to go back more.
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Thanks Mary! Altho you don't have to go back more than a few days.. Perhaps just be mindful of it going forward.
  • bookieNJ
    Thx! I did it yesterday-but I will try to stay mindful
  • jamcnewman
    Just saw this post from MFP - sure you’ve all seen it, but just in case. They are now recommending to stop deleting and reinstalling the app as a solution at this time. They indicate there will be an upcoming down time when all of MFP could be unavailable.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https://support.myfitnesspal.com/hc/en-us/articles/5716717249933