WeightNoMore Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• HorsesRock9999
    HorsesRock9999 Posts: 222 Member
    shnkrnrynn wrote: »
    Just did an amazing hike, cant wait to see how it transforms onto scale tomorrow.

@shnkrnrynn Awesome! I am looking forward to my workout today! :smiley: Day off yesterday = rest day.
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 232
    CW (Current Weight): 234

Steps: May 1 - May 7
    May 1: 16654

Note: I gained 2 pounds after a very strenuous activity :| Maybe this is the water retention many posts talk about.
  • shnkrnrynn
    Just did an amazing hike, cant wait to see how it transforms onto scale tomorrow.

@shnkrnrynn Awesome! I am looking forward to my workout today! :smiley: Day off yesterday = rest day.

Nice !!
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Username: EDTake2
    Weigh In Day: Mondays
    PW (Previous Weight): 194.2
    CW (Current Weight): 191.8

Getting back to the routine has been a little harder than expected. Weather is getting better, so I am able to do a lot more outdoor activities (bike riding, walks, playing with the kids). I need to get better at getting back on the routine, because that is what works best for me.

Goal for May: get to mid 180's (184-186)
  • biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    @seltzer_lover They sure are I weighed less 2 days ago but then went back to my past weight.

• 9Harvey
    9Harvey Posts: 104 Member
    edited May 2022
    @minstrelofsarcasm

So because I think I need more accountability I joined a group where we meet each week and I pay weight in.

With doing that it also means that I will no longer be weighing at home, naked at 6 am on Monday morning.

I will however be weighting in with clothes at 10am after my morning coffee. This means I will start May off with an increase. It is what it is but I need more support.

I am up from my previous week.

CW - 239.9

Also am I able to change my weigh in day to Sundays?
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Steps
    pacsnc6
    Sun 4505
    Mon 5067
    Tue 4901
    Wed 5172
    Thu 4516
    Fri 5189
    Sat 2850

Saturday was a rest day for me meaning I sat most of the day reading !!
  • ticubbage
    ticubbage Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2022
    Weigh in day- Monday Week 1

CW-221.7
    Highest Weight-229

Small goals for the week...Day 2
    ☆ Nutrition- track everything ✅️
    ☆ Exercise - Elliptical 30mins 4x
    a week- did 1 of 4 workouts today✅️
    ☆Mindset- Bed by 10pm to avoid over tired snacking and exercise avoidance the next day. Went to be at 10:30 last night so...maybe a half check lol.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,888 Member
    edited May 2022
    🎯 Daily Personal Goals
    May 1st - 7th

📸 Walk & snap a photo
    🔸S☑️ M☑️ T W T F S
    👣 6,000+ steps
    🔸S☑️ M☑️ T W T F S
    🏋️ Exercise or workout
    🔸S☑️ M☑️ T W T F S
    🥗 Make healthy choices
    🔸S☑️ M☑️ T W T F S
    🍲 Stay under calories goal
    🔸S☑️ M☑️ T W T F S
    Sunday: went for a walk and took it easy.
    Monday: did 10 min gentle morning yoga, 7 min exercises with Lose Weight app, 20 min dance-walk with hand-weights to 50s & 60s music, walked.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,158 Member
    STEP CHALLENGE REMINDER TO POST YOUR STEP COUNTS FOR LAST WEEK!

Anyway...
    minstrelofsarcasm
    May Week One

Weigh In Day:Tuesdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 176.8 (April 26th)
    CW (Current Weight): 176.4 (May 3rd)
    LTD (Loss to Date): 57.6 lbs

Yesterday was a stress-eating day. I was working from home and couldn't resist the call of some guacamole with tortilla chips. Who knows how much of it I ate? I sure don't.

I'm contemplating doing another body scan on Monday before my gym membership ends next weekend. It would be good to know where I stand (besides on the scanner during the scan) going into the summer. I'm curious what my percent body fat is, given my increased weight, but also the looser fit of my jeans.

I'll be honest, I'm losing steam. Maybe I just need something new to work towards, or a revamp of my routine. It doesn't take much to get me back on track, but it also takes even less to knock me off. I'll have to experiment a little bit in these coming months. May is always a weird one for me anyway, why not have some fun with it.
  • minstrelofsarcasm

I have no idea why but I didn't lose anything . ❓❔❓

There could be a million reasons! If you're accurately logging your calories and exercise, I'd assume you're retaining water. Our bodies hold onto water so it can better repair our muscles, process nutrients (salt, sugar, electrolytes, etc.), transport hormones, energize our immune systems, and a bunch of other reasons (I think I can find something I wrote on this subject, if there's any interest).

The most important thing here is remaining consistent, even if the number on the scale isn't doing what we want it to do. I promise not to get into a big motivational speech here, I really do.

As a resident scientist, if anyone has any questions about how these things work, please feel free to post your questions here. I can guarantee you're not the only one curious.

Note: I gained 2 pounds after a very strenuous activity :| Maybe this is the water retention many posts talk about.

Sounds like it! Our bodies like to hold onto water while it repairs our muscles, because the water is a great way to transport proteins to where they need to be. Without that extra water, you'll take longer to recover, and your muscles will be more sore while they rebuild themselves.

9Harvey wrote: »
    Also am I able to change my weigh in day to Sundays?

Absolutely, I will take care of that for you.
  • shnkrnrynn

Sounds like it! Our bodies like to hold onto water while it repairs our muscles, because the water is a great way to transport proteins to where they need to be. Without that extra water, you'll take longer to recover, and your muscles will be more sore while they rebuild themselves.

The scale has spoken today! I am ecstatic !! :):)
  • biohazardinc
    @minstrelofsarcasm Yes indeed our bodies are weird things and so many things can effect it. I weighed myself this morning and weighed 213.8.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    @minstrelofsarcasm Yes indeed our bodies are weird things and so many things can effect it. I weighed myself this morning and weighed 213.8.

@biohazardinc -

Do you want me to update this week's weigh-in with that for you, or do you want to see if you'll hold the drop through next week?
  • biohazardinc

@biohazardinc -

Do you want me to update this week's weigh-in with that for you, or do you want to see if you'll hold the drop through next week?

We’ll see if it hold to next week. Thanks for asking!
This discussion has been closed.