Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,263 Member
    Options
    Congrats to all our Dazzling Downsizers for coming in 1st this week .... Congrats to @lallstar , @red1185 and myself for being our top 3 weight loss losers ...Great job :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Username: jpedno
    Weigh in day: Saturday- I forgot to weigh myself until later in the morning after I had already had breakfast, etc. :(
    PW: 156.6
    CW: 158.8 (how much does oatmeal and fruit weigh???)

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/3 9,492
    5/4 4944
    5/5 8774
    5/6 6049
    5/7 8307

Did week 6 day 1 of couch to 5k this morning. It’s way easier (mentally) when I can run outside rather than on the treadmill! It’s just been so smoky and windy I can’t really be outside much at all. I was in Albuquerque this morning and the smoke isn’t as bad down there so I was able to run along the bosque.
  • aneedlecraft
    aneedlecraft Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Late Friday Check-in

aneedlecraft
    PW: 318
    CW: 318

Sorry for being so late - I picked up my daughter from college out-of-state.
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Let's plan to have a great week!

5/8:
    Calories: 1,197
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 19,587

I can't tell you how pleased I am that I successfully navigated my father's birthday party food as well as Mother's Day treats. My body is feeling a little bit tired today - I haven't taken an exercise recovery day in 5 weeks - so I might do that today.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 @lallstar @red1185 Congratulations on leading our team to first place - great job!

@jpedno - You have been doing so well - that's just a little water weight - so glad you were able to get outside for your run - so impressive that you are on week 6 of your training!

@aneedlecraft - No worries about your late check-in - I hope college pick-up went smoothly!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Cara
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 @lallstar @red1185 Congratulations on leading our team to first place - great job!

Thank you Cara :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We are off for our Monday walk :) Be back later
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (May 9, 2022)
    PW: 229.6
    CW: 228.4
    SW: 240

We got to celebrate our 2nd daughter's college graduation this weekend at the University of Indiana and she's looking forward to becoming a grade school teacher soon. This now is my 3rd weekend in a row to be out of town and eating on the road and just confirmed that next weekend we're moving her back home for the summer until she starts her new job but I think we're just going to make it a day trip which likely means only two meals on the road instead of the entire weekend. Anyway, we're glad to spend a few months with her before she moves out permanently to start her life as an independent young woman - we're so proud of her.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,493 Member
    Options

Congratulations Downsizers on being #1! 🏆

Let’s celebrate on top three weight losers for the week! 👏 👏👏

qocw00t4pgtz.jpeg

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/8
    Step count 3299
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jimboden3
    Nice loss! Enjoy the time your daughter is home. Is she hoping to teach near you guys?

@peng123
    Those exercise recovery days are so important. Great job staying on plan!

@cormierannie
    Awesome loss!

@Jpedno
    It’s funny how much are weight can change throughout the day. I bet the next day your weight went down. I hope the fires get under control so you can run outside again.

@aneedlecraft
    No worries! I hope you had a great time with your daughter.

@Cheesy567
    Awe, the fight against the squirrels. I think my daughter has a trick to keep them away so I will try to remember to ask her. Good luck and your garden sounds nice.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,704
    Exercise: none

I wasn’t feeling the greatest yesterday. My stomach was funky. I ate very little. Stomach is still a little funky and I feel dragged out. I think I might have ate something on Saturday that was bad. I am going to take it easy in the pool today. I am just going to do water exercises and no laps.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Post a motivational quote to help get everyone’s week started!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    2f351ob9ahsv.jpg
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    xsgvpn8hxve8.png
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    My fav quote is something a friend said to me: I never regret working out. I'm always glad I did it. --That has motivated me in the past.

Went to spin class tonight! Woo hoo!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/8 13,618
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Not happy. Had Wednesday night meal out with family... i planned to only have one meal off diet and then suddenly I'm eating takeaways the next 5 nights!! Scale is horrified rn too. I've gained nearly all my loss. I know most of it will be water weight and it will be gone in a few weeks hopefully but I'm still feeling disappointed in myself. But o well. Starting over from today again. I just need to do better!
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    @jimboden3
    Nice loss! Enjoy the time your daughter is home. Is she hoping to teach near you guys?

She really wants to teach in Indianapolis (it's about 4 hour drive from St. Louis) so of course my wife is disappointed as our older daughter moved to Columbus, OH but that's part of growing up and spreading your wings. We're happy for both the girls that they're finding their way through life. We still have another at Ohio State University (Sophomore) who'd back for the summer and our 'baby' that's now a junior in high school so we're still enjoying time with them.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/9
    Step count 7149
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    My fav quote is something a friend said to me: I never regret working out. I'm always glad I did it. --That has motivated me in the past.

Went to spin class tonight! Woo hoo!

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/8 13,618

Like that quote! Well done going to spin class.
    roz0810 wrote: »
    Not happy. Had Wednesday night meal out with family... i planned to only have one meal off diet and then suddenly I'm eating takeaways the next 5 nights!! Scale is horrified rn too. I've gained nearly all my loss. I know most of it will be water weight and it will be gone in a few weeks hopefully but I'm still feeling disappointed in myself. But o well. Starting over from today again. I just need to do better!

Your back on plan so that’s all that matters. Don’t look back, just forward.

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/9
    Step count 7149

Your killing it with your steps!
This discussion has been closed.