Downsizers Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,483 Member
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 Fortunately for me the YMCA doesn't require that you be a certain level. They taylor it to the athlete. My lane buddy cannot swim fly so he does a free with only 2 breaths instead. He also does only half the kick drills because it takes him so long. He is a great sport and is very fast on his free. The others that are there really push me to swim harder. Your pool should have designated lap lanes. geesh. That would make me crazy. But even swim team was crowded Monday. I think everyone showed up. Today there were 5 of us and we had a whole lane to ourselves. I was slower but I kept up with the youngest today, she only beat me to the wall by a few body lengths. On Monday they made us start a few times which means from the blocks. I had not done that in 30 years! First one was great the second was a belly flop. It hurt my scar! But swim team is fun and it does push you.
    I don't have RA but my allergies are more auto immune than typical allergies and I ache every where. ALL of my joints. I move around like an ancient.

The pool is in a pool house and is part of the apartment building so they don’t do lanes. I heard back from the swim team and I can go for a test. He said to use being able to do 8 lengths with out stopping in 5 minutes. I know I can do that no problem. He didn’t indicate what stroke it had to be. They are almost finished for the season but it starts in September again, I have RA so that’s why I asked. I can relate to the pain you feel. Can they treat the allergies with autoimmune type medications. I take hydroquinone and leflunomide.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,770 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 They want to keep off immune suppressants for as long as we can can manage. They have given me a cocktail of antihistamines 4 x the daily dose most people take containing H1 (zyrtec and allegra) and H2(tagamet or pepcid) histamine blockers and if I get really bad they will give a course of prednisone and lasix. Vasculitis bites major. Inflammation bites period.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good evening all. I hope you all are getting along better than I am. Stress at home had me wanting to eat. Went on 2 walks today and grocery shopping tonight to avoid it. Don't know if my wife will drive and pick me up from surgery as she is refusing to talk to me again. She didn't make dinner since she "forgot" what we were having despite it being written down on the fridge for days. I was out on a walk and getting my belts sized down.
    Check in for 5/4: May the 4th be with you.
    Steps - 15049. To many for 2 days before surgery.
    Calories - 1866 or close. To many again.
    Exercise - 2 walks totaling 2 hr 9 min. One early morning and one afternoon. My calories would have been a lot higher. Tomorrow will be worse. I have to stay home to get a call about what time I have to check in on Friday. Can't miss that one.
  • roz0810
    roz0810 Posts: 1,238 Member
    username: roz0810
    Weigh In Day: Thursday
    PW: 265.4
    CW: 261.4

Loss: 4lbs
    Total loss: 12lbs since 16th April!

I'm so happy with this. Even more happy considering I had a meal out last night with family! But I've been working hard all week so yeay!
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/4
    Step count 10,031
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,039 Member
    Good Morning Awesome Downsizers ... I want to apologize for not being around yesterday ... we went on our 5.63 mile walk ...As soon as we turned down our street I was hit with a really bad migraine ...I was on the couch most of the day ... I didn't make it to my Dr's appt but we did have a virtual appointment ..He is putting me on a different migraine medicine called Ubrelvy ...I hope this one works better than the one I am on now ...these migraines seem to be more frequent ..
  • lindamtuck2018
    @rwood566
    Sorry you are having so much stress. Take it easy today. I wish you luck on the surgery tomorrow and quick healing. ❤️‍🩹

@roz0810
    Congrats on the fantastic loss! What would you say is the biggest change you made in the last few weeks?

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Sorry about your headache.

@tahm42
    I hope you feel better. Stay away from the allergens.

@Morethanjustanumber
    Awesome step day! 10k!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 12,373
    Exercise: mostly water aerobics

No pool today. I am going to stay of my feet as much as possible to see if I can settle the pain down. It’s a beautiful day here so I may sit on my balcony and listen to a podcast or read.

Have a great Thursday!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Happy Thursday, Downsizers! The weekend is approaching quickly!

5/4:
    Calories: 1,199
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 14,137

I had a great day yesterday - hoping for the same today. I started the day out right with a 6-mile jog - I just love running so much - makes my body feel great!

@lindamtuck2018 I'm so excited about your swim team tryouts - please let us know how it goes! I'm sorry about your pain - glad you are planning to take it easy today.

@Morethanjustanumber Your steps have been amazing - great job!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Great walk yesterday - but so sorry about the migraine - I know how debilitating those can be.

@roz0810 Amazing loss this week - go you! What a huge accomplishment!

@tahm42 I'm so sorry about your health issues - makes all of your progress and work even more impressive!

@rwood566 I'm just so sad for you regarding all of your stress at home right now - definitely not something you need right before your surgery - please hang in there and let us know if there is anything we can do to help - we are all here to support you - we are rooting for you!

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Cara
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,402 Member
    calories today-under
    exercise 150 minutes
    steps 15238
  • rwood566
    Good evening all. Time for another Friday. I hope you all partied today for Cinco de mayo.
    Steps - 5080. Surprised it was that many. Probably a lot from arm movements.
    Calories - 1640 or close. Done eating but will probably drink more.
    Exercise - I wanted to do the gym but said no just in case I hurt myself.
    Check in time is 7:45 am pacific time.
    Cold shower tonight since no hot water, up at 545 and another cold shower. Special body wash for both showers. I will weigh in before I go.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening all. Time for another Friday. I hope you all partied today for Cinco de mayo.
    Steps - 5080. Surprised it was that many. Probably a lot from arm movements.
    Calories - 1640 or close. Done eating but will probably drink more.
    Exercise - I wanted to do the gym but said no just in case I hurt myself.
    Check in time is 7:45 am pacific time.
    Cold shower tonight since no hot water, up at 545 and another cold shower. Special body wash for both showers. I will weigh in before I go.

Wishing you the very best on your surgery ...Do you want me to excuse you from the step challenge while you recover?
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    @rwood566

Wishing much success with your surgery!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @peng123
    I see marathons in your future. Great job! Do you think you might do a marathon? Finding something you love to do for exercise makes it a little easier.

@cormierannie
    Very nice check in! Your steps are awesome. Did you dance yesterday?

@rwood566
    Best of luck with your surgery!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 3,820
    Exercise: none rest day

PW 204.4
    CW 206.8

Not the greatest week for me. Too much sodium most days and had a small binge one night. My weight is down 2 pounds from two days ago but I can still feel the bloat from the sodium. My fingers are like sausages. This coming week I have two occasions when I eat out. I can make fairly good choices but we know restaurant food is loaded with salt. My meals are planned for the other days and I stayed away from anything that has high sodium. I have planned lunches, supper and snacks in advance for the week. I will be logging it all when I get back from the pool.

Happy Friday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited May 2022
    Friday Funday Question

Do you think if your favourite “unhealthy” food all the sudden became healthy, would it have the same appeal?
    Think of your trigger foods. ie. chips, chocolate, soda
  • rwood566
    edited May 2022
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: friday
    PW: 224.6
    CW: 222.4. -2.2 LB
    My bouncing weight bounced in my favor this time.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 please excuse me for the week. Thank you for asking. They will want me up and walking but I don't know how much.
    Thank you all for your well wishes.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    rwood566 wrote: »
    Rwood566
    Weigh in day: friday
    PW: 224.6
    CW: 222.4. -2.2 LB
    My bouncing weight bounced in my favor this time.
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 please excuse me for the week. Thank you for asking. They will want me up and walking but I don't know how much.

Okay I have excused you ...Let me know when you are ready to come back and show us who is boss with your steps :)
This discussion has been closed.