aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @peng123
    Thanks Cara! You're an inspiration!
  • lallstar
    lallstar Posts: 3 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    I am still getting oriented with using MFP community groups. I understand there is a weigh-in that is to be posted so I just scrolled down to the ‘Post Reply’ section here. I started my scale weight when I enrolled this time last week.

Lallstar

PW: 244.8 (4/24/22)
    CW: 239.4 (5/1/22)

Down 5.4!

Goal: food prep!
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    good evening everyone. time for another week. i hope you enjoyed your weekend.
    check in for 5/1:
    steps - 7867 plus 20 minutes exercise bike moderate intensity.
    calories - 1560 or close. wanted to be higher but am full. very healthy dinner of tilapia and roasted squash.
    exercise - gym this afternoon. only 7 machines and 20 minutes bike. walk with daughter after dinner in the cold wind. 33 minutes. i hope i didn't catch a cold.

daughter wants to go to knott's berry farm on tuesday. 2 hours each way. just her and i doing one final trip before my surgery, since it may be a while before my strength and stamina return. those are her words, not mine.
    @lindamtuck2018 i will weigh in friday before heading to the hospital. i will try to post it but i may just do it after i get back.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,382 Member
    Options
    Roger you are such an incredible person with an awesome story... You truely are an inspiration to many ..I am sooooo very proud of you and your accomplishments <3<3<3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    We are off to go on our 1st walk of the week ... I have really learned to listen to my body(I am generally stubborn ... I can no longer do 5 days a week walking ...so I will be doing 3 days of walking and 2 days of Piyo (which I absolutely love)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    @red1185
    Fantastic loss! Your supper sounds delicious.

@Cheesy567
    Great loss! I think with your road trip last month staying even during April is a big win. Keep up the great work.

@aactuallyaash
    Nice steps for the week. Do you walk very often?

@Jpedno
    Wow, a marathon! You are raising money for a great cause. Have you done one before? Are you new to running?

@peng123
    Crazy steps! You must do a ton of walking. How money miles do you have to walk for the May badge? Did you get the April badge? I don’t know how you stick to under 1200 calories no matter what. That takes dedication. You are just amazing!

@lallstar
    Very nice loss! You posted your weight correctly. I like your goal.

@rwood566
    Roger, you are one amazing human. Your story is so inspiring. You have overcome so much and still reached your goal. I wish you the best with your upcoming surgeries.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Congrats to our top three weight losers!

Week 4
    @888Angie888
    @gharvey2753
    @MeowScout

April
    @gharvey2753
    @888Angie888
    @jayenguk
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 12,251
    Exercise: laps, water aerobics, arms
    Badge Progress: 4.8/150.2

My May badge for my Apple Watch is to walk 150.2 km for the month. This works out to 4.8km per day or approximately 6,000 steps a day. My non converted steps are between 5000 and 5500. I am thinking of ways to increase my steps. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. So far today, I did a couple of laps around the apartment while my coffees were brewing. Thanks in advance for the ideas.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/1
    Step count 7030
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 can you please give me your steps for 4/29 ...4/30 was 6556 correct?
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

5/1:
    Calories: 1,145
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 13,830

I had a great April - managed to close all the rings on my Apple Watch - which means I exercised every day and burned at least 500 calories each day doing so. I'm hoping that May is just as good!

@aactuallyaash Thanks so much for the friend request - looking forward to seeing all the amazing things you will do!

@lallstar Amazing loss this week! Congratulations! I see that you are going to focus on food prep this week - I food prep every week and it has made an enormous difference in my weight loss and maintenance.

@rwood566 You are my ultimate inspiration! I know you are nervous about your upcoming surgery - but I know you are going to do great - and I bet you will be so happy with the results! You know we will be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Great idea with regard to listening to your body - so glad you have decided to mix up the walking with Piyo! Which Piyo classes are you taking?

@lindamtuck2018 Great steps and laps! I did get my April badge - yay! My May challenge is different than yours - I need to close all three rings on my Apple Watch for 25 days. I'm on the phone all day for work - so if I don't have to be in front of my computer, I get up and walk while I'm chatting with clients - I get a ton of steps done that way. Otherwise, I usually get 8,000 steps each time I exercise.

@Morethanjustanumber Excellent steps! Keep it up!

I hope you are all having a wonderful start to your week!

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 can you please give me your steps for 4/29 ...4/30 was 6556 correct?

Did I forget to post the 29th? I didn’t have it added up so sorry. I have 6,856 for the 30th but I may have made a typo when I posted. Fat fingers! 😂

29th 15,042
    30th 6,856
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    peng123 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, Downsizers! Here's my check-in:

5/1:
    Calories: 1,145
    Exercise: 70 minutes elliptical
    Steps: 13,830

I had a great April - managed to close all the rings on my Apple Watch - which means I exercised every day and burned at least 500 calories each day doing so. I'm hoping that May is just as good!

@aactuallyaash Thanks so much for the friend request - looking forward to seeing all the amazing things you will do!

@lallstar Amazing loss this week! Congratulations! I see that you are going to focus on food prep this week - I food prep every week and it has made an enormous difference in my weight loss and maintenance.

@rwood566 You are my ultimate inspiration! I know you are nervous about your upcoming surgery - but I know you are going to do great - and I bet you will be so happy with the results! You know we will be thinking about you and sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery!

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Great idea with regard to listening to your body - so glad you have decided to mix up the walking with Piyo! Which Piyo classes are you taking?

@lindamtuck2018 Great steps and laps! I did get my April badge - yay! My May challenge is different than yours - I need to close all three rings on my Apple Watch for 25 days. I'm on the phone all day for work - so if I don't have to be in front of my computer, I get up and walk while I'm chatting with clients - I get a ton of steps done that way. Otherwise, I usually get 8,000 steps each time I exercise.

@Morethanjustanumber Excellent steps! Keep it up!

I hope you are all having a wonderful start to your week!

Cara

That is awesome closing your rings every day. Congrats on your April badge as it was a tough one. That’s a smart way to get steps. Here’s to another perfect month!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

I bought the beachbody PiYo dvd's ...I absolutely love them ..but I can't follow their schedule so I am only doing 2 days a week for the month of May
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (May 2, 2022)
    PW: 225.6
    CW: 229.6
    SW: 240

This is the 2nd weekend in a row to be out of town. Previously it was with my youngest son in Indianapolis for a soccer tournament (we're from St. Louis) and this last weekend it was to move our older son back home from college at The Ohio State University as well as meet up with our oldest daughter so my wife and her could pick out a wedding dress (they found one!) so lots to celebrate but these weekends of eating out for every meal are taking a toll. We have one more trip this weekend coming up for our other daughters graduation from Indiana University. I'm happy to be celebrating these milestones but I see another week of gains in my near future (although this last one likely includes some water-weight as that's big jump for me in 1-week's time.
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I do enjoy a stroll lol. Unfortunately, the weather isn't on my side yet and I don't have too many nature walks around me so these steps are from one of the longest aerobics youtube video video I've done so far, an hour and 20 minutes!
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    It’s a half not a full marathon (I’m not crazy). I have done maybe 6 (probably 2-3 of those walking at least some significant portion with friends). But the last one was in Nov. 2017– I have struggled to train at this higher altitude - about 6,800 ft here in Santa Fe. I was at just under 5,000 ft when I lived in CO and was training often.
This discussion has been closed.