Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    good evening everyone.
    check in for 5/2:
    steps - 3412
    calories - 1757 or so. lots of snacking at home while on the phone. ugh.
    exercise - none. spent most of the day trying to find out if my surgery was covered by the v.a. on hold most of the afternoon only to be disconnected when they picked up. luckily it supposedly is. guess i'll find out for sure after they cut on me.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/2
    Step count 8319
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Steps: 13,713
    Exercise: laps, water aerobics, legs
    Badge Progress: 10/150.2

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    CW:213 lb
    PW: 214.4 lb

Slow and steady!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,096 Member
    Options
    yhbanq0cicsy.jpg

APRIL WEEK 4 RESULTS
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 113,188 steps
    2nd @peng123 107,835 steps
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 78,655 steps
    4th @rwood566 71,292 steps
    5th @Jpedno 69,065 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 688,073 steps
    Great Job Everyone :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS:
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 6/7
    @red1185 2/7
    @rwood566 6/7
    @tahm42 7/7
    @peng123 7/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 7/7
    @Jpedno 4/7
    @aactuallyaash 5/7
    @Cheesy567 7/7
    Awesome Job Everyone :):):):):)

hnkoraih2mxm.jpg

APRIL GRAND FINALE
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 456,679 steps
    2nd @peng123 409,852 steps
    3rd @lindamtuck2018 311,579 steps
    4th @rwood566 291,145 steps
    5th @Jpedno 280,319 steps
    AMAZING STEPS EVERYBODY :):):):):):)
    As A Group We Walked 2,899,734 steps for the month of April..that is 1,078,726 more steps than we did in March :)
    FANTASTIC JOB EVERYBODY :):):):):):):)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    5th! I'm impressed with myself! Ha. Thanks :)

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    5/1 9,828
    5/2 9,492
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening all. Long, high calorie, fun day. Daughter took me to Knott's Berry Farm for a last hurray before surgery. 5 1/2 hours there plus 2 hr drive each way.
    Had a blast.
    Check in for 4/3:
    Steps - 13847. Nice but had hands full for a lot.
    Calories - 2700. Wayyyyyyyy over. Wow. Special day with most of my calories early in day. 2 breakfasts.
    Exercise - 5 1/2 hours at Knotts.

Back on track tomorrow.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @peng123
    Great exercise day! Nice loss!

@tahm42
    I hear you on the bloat. Sodium got me but when I bloat from sodium my clothes get tight until the water weight is gone. I can usually tell what the scale is going to say before I get on it because when I have had too much sodium my fingers and face are puffy.

You are doing awesome with your mileage goal. Keep on stepping, biking, swimming, hiking, etc. Glad you had a good birthday.

@aactuallyaash
    Nice loss! Can you do me a big favour and put your past weight first. Keeps me from making a mistake when I enter it in the spreadsheet.

@Jpedno
    You should be impressed. Nice steps. You mentioning about your marathon training got me thinking about a 5k I did quite a few years ago. It was called the colour run and I had a blast. At every km they sprayed a different colour at you. Not a very serious run and certainly not close to a half marathon but fun.

@rwood566
    Way to get some fun in before your surgery.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 11,942
    Exercise: laps, water aerobics, arms

Heading to the pool early today as I have a lot to get done. Increasing my steps is not going to well as I am just in too much pain so I am not going to stress about the badge.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    nhqoijzkhe44.jpeg

Overdue
    @ldyhawk

Wednesday
    @jayenguk

Thursday
    @888Angie888
    @roz0810

• Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/3
    Step count 8251
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 when I bloat from allergens it is all of joints and they ache like rheumatoid arthritis. My legs feet arms and hands puff. Not so much through the body, but I will swell through there after repeated bouts of allergen intake, but that is when my lungs begin to fill with fluid. So , yeah I avoid that as much as possible. I just can't believe how miserable food can make a person feel when the body retaliates. This isn't full blown exposure, this was only a bite here and bite there. I may starve next week just not to feel this bad. Although my lungs had marked better function at the pool today. I had repeated splits of less that 2 mins/100m. So yeah my allergies are a thing and I should avoid them as much as possible.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,096 Member
    Options
    We are off for our walk ...then I go see my GP at 11:30 am ..I hope everyone has a great day :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    tahm42 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 when I bloat from allergens it is all of joints and they ache like rheumatoid arthritis. My legs feet arms and hands puff. Not so much through the body, but I will swell through there after repeated bouts of allergen intake, but that is when my lungs begin to fill with fluid. So , yeah I avoid that as much as possible. I just can't believe how miserable food can make a person feel when the body retaliates. This isn't full blown exposure, this was only a bite here and bite there. I may starve next week just not to feel this bad. Although my lungs had marked better function at the pool today. I had repeated splits of less that 2 mins/100m. So yeah my allergies are a thing and I should avoid them as much as possible.

That ache is not a good ache. Do you have RA? My splits are all over the place. It also depends on the stroke I am doing. I looked at my swim the other day and my average for that swim was 2 minutes and it was a 1400 meter swim. I need to start looking at that more often and try and improve. With people in the pool it can slow me down as I am dodging them. My times are way better when I am in the pool alone. Today I gave up after 5 minutes because of too many people. One of the ladies stopped me in middle of my swim to dive to the bottom of the pool and get what was there. That’s when I gave up. Hello people, I am exercising!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @tahm42
    You inspired me to look into a swim team. I sent an email to get more information. I am not sure if you have to be at a certain level to join the swim team.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,771 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Fortunately for me the YMCA doesn't require that you be a certain level. They taylor it to the athlete. My lane buddy cannot swim fly so he does a free with only 2 breaths instead. He also does only half the kick drills because it takes him so long. He is a great sport and is very fast on his free. The others that are there really push me to swim harder. Your pool should have designated lap lanes. geesh. That would make me crazy. But even swim team was crowded Monday. I think everyone showed up. Today there were 5 of us and we had a whole lane to ourselves. I was slower but I kept up with the youngest today, she only beat me to the wall by a few body lengths. On Monday they made us start a few times which means from the blocks. I had not done that in 30 years! First one was great the second was a belly flop. It hurt my scar! But swim team is fun and it does push you.
    I don't have RA but my allergies are more auto immune than typical allergies and I ache every where. ALL of my joints. I move around like an ancient.
This discussion has been closed.