PW: 205.0
    CW: 200.2 (loss 4.8) thanks to migraines
    LTD: 50.6
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,882 Member
    We are off to go walking :)
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,757 Member
    I had a :22 sec 25m Butterfly this morning. That is a 1:30/100 m split time!!! My best split time this morning was 1:02/100. My average was 1:54/100 m. It was a fantastic morning at the pool I swam a total of 1525 meters
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    v4s0d79ceq3d.jpeg
    Smoke was bad last night still so all my exercise needs to be inside! As devastating as wildfires are the smoke does make for pretty sunsets… hoping fire crews can make some headway before the wind picks up too much.
  • MeowScout
    MeowScout Posts: 103 Member
    May 2022 MeowScout
    Fri WI Starting Weight 252 (One day at a time.)
    1: 5/6 252 (Steady on, mate.)
    2: 5/13
    3: 5/20
    4: 5/27

A (Did I keep to my _Action plan?)
    E (Did I _Exercise?)
    I (Did _I take care of myself?)
    O (Did I reach out to _Others?)
    U (Do I have any _Unexpressed emotions?)
    Y (Yay! What is something good that happened?)

A, I had a hard time over the past few days keeping my head on straight. Yesterday my own first cat, Hugh, died. He was 21 years old and had been with me most of my adult life. In addition, I have been doing some personal work, uncovering some old hurts and feeling them and dealing with them instead of eating them. Y'all, I am feelinged out! So today I plan to be a kind of day of rest. Simple meals, simple activities, happy for a rainy day!
    E, I did not exercise enough. Exercise will help me be strong and active.
    I, I can do better at taking care of myself this week.
    O, Yes, I did reach out for myself, but I can do more outreach For others this week.
    U, I have some lingering anger about a situation with a person from several years ago. I have recently learned that we may be in a new homeschool activities group together and Might see each other again. I had a bit of a nervous breakdown about it. But I am working on releasing those fears, being myself, and being grateful for all of the blessings in my life.
    Y, It's Friday! We are one week out from the end of the school year! Thank you to all of you for your presence in this group!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,470 Member
    Jpedno wrote: »
    v4s0d79ceq3d.jpeg
    Smoke was bad last night still so all my exercise needs to be inside! As devastating as wildfires are the smoke does make for pretty sunsets… hoping fire crews can make some headway before the wind picks up too much.

Stay safe!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    edited May 2022
    Happy Friday, Downsizers! The stock market has been crazy this week - I'm really looking forward to the weekend!

5/5:
    Calories: 1,163
    Exercise: 6-mile jog
    Steps: 16,299

I attended a networking breakfast this morning so I wasn't able to exercise first thing - will likely hop on the elliptical after work. I ate a healthy breakfast before I left and did not touch the bacon, fried potatoes and biscuits that were being served!

@cormierannie Great exercise and steps - awesome job!

@rwood566 I'm sending you lots of good thoughts today - I know it's going to go well - and I'm wishing you a very speedy recovery!

@lindamtuck2018 I love running - and I used to run 10-mile races and half marathons - never did a marathon - the most I've ever run at one time was 17 miles - I can see myself getting back into half marathons - that's a really fun distance - marathon training is much more difficult. Great job planning your meals for the week - it's so difficult to avoid sodium when you are eating at restaurants.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Great loss this week - even if it was due to migraines! I hope you have a really fun walk today!

@tahm42 Your swimming is so impressive - as is your consistency - such an amazing accomplishment!

@Jpedno That is a really beautiful sunset - but such a shame about the wildfires - hope everything is under control quickly.

@MeowScout Stress is so difficult on our eating plans - I'm hoping your week settles down and you are able to relax a bit more.

Friday Funday Question

Do you think if your favourite “unhealthy” food all the sudden became healthy, would it have the same appeal?
    Think of your trigger foods. ie. chips, chocolate, soda

My favorite foods are chocolate and pizza - and if they suddenly became healthy, I would eat them at every meal!!!

Have a great day, Downsizers!

Cara
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    @MeowScout I am so, so sorry about Hugh. Cats are the best. I was just telling Winston (black shorthair, 12 years old) that he is my best friend!! So hard to lose someone that has been with you for so long. Sending big hugs from me and Winston!
  • peng123
    peng123 Posts: 352 Member
    @Jpedno and @MeowScout I am also a cat lover - my house always is always full of feline family. I'm so sorry about Hugh - I had three, very old cats pass away last year - they were all around 20 years old and had different forms of cancer - it was awful.

Cara
  • lindamtuck2018
    @MeowScout
    I am so sorry about Hugh! I love my very fat kitties and it breaks my heart that you are going through this loss. Hugs!
  • lindamtuck2018
    @peng123
    You amaze me! You are so dedicated to your eating plan.

@rwood566 @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome loss!

@tahm42
    That is an awesome swim! I wish you lived close and could be my swimming buddy. Do you swim the 1500 meters without stopping? I did 1200 this morning.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    MeowScout wrote: »
    May 2022 MeowScout
    Fri WI Starting Weight 252 (One day at a time.)
    1: 5/6 252 (Steady on, mate.)
    2: 5/13
    3: 5/20
    4: 5/27

A (Did I keep to my _Action plan?)
    E (Did I _Exercise?)
    I (Did _I take care of myself?)
    O (Did I reach out to _Others?)
    U (Do I have any _Unexpressed emotions?)
    Y (Yay! What is something good that happened?)

A, I had a hard time over the past few days keeping my head on straight. Yesterday my own first cat, Hugh, died. He was 21 years old and had been with me most of my adult life. In addition, I have been doing some personal work, uncovering some old hurts and feeling them and dealing with them instead of eating them. Y'all, I am feelinged out! So today I plan to be a kind of day of rest. Simple meals, simple activities, happy for a rainy day!
    E, I did not exercise enough. Exercise will help me be strong and active.
    I, I can do better at taking care of myself this week.
    O, Yes, I did reach out for myself, but I can do more outreach For others this week.
    U, I have some lingering anger about a situation with a person from several years ago. I have recently learned that we may be in a new homeschool activities group together and Might see each other again. I had a bit of a nervous breakdown about it. But I am working on releasing those fears, being myself, and being grateful for all of the blessings in my life.
    Y, It's Friday! We are one week out from the end of the school year! Thank you to all of you for your presence in this group!

Sorry for your loss .... I have 2 grandma kitties ... 16 and 15 1/2 year olds... my 15 1/2 is struggling ..I think her time is coming soon ... :'(
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    @rwood566 @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Awesome loss!

Thank you Linda :)
  • tahm42
    @lindamtuck2018 We do sets that have about 30 sec rests. 9i20p4s13z7a.jpgThis is what we did this morning.
  • tahm42
    Thanks everyone for the encouraging words. I just love to swim it gives me the same mood lift that most runners have. I will be killing the gym membership for a y membership in July. I had forgotten how much I loved to do this at this level.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 12,260
    Exercise: Swim laps, arms, water aerobics, abs

Woke up this morning and I could feel the water boat was gone. I am down 3.8 pounds from yesterday. Too bad yesterday was weigh day. 😡 😡😡

Now to avoid sodium to pull a loss next week. I canceled dinner tomorrow night. We are going to do something simple for Mothers Day this year. We are going to have a bbq instead.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

@rwood566
    I hope you are doing ok and not having too much pain. ❤️‍🩹

@tahm42
    I have never learned how to do the turns. The swim team goes from September to June so I am going to take lessons to improve my strokes. My shoulder has been bothering me lately making freestyle and backstroke painful. All the more reason for me to get to physio and do my exercises. I really want to do this. The guy told me from the team that most of them are over 50. I think I would feel more comfortable with seniors.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

@Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 5/6
    Step count 8371
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member

Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber

Weigh in day Saturday 5/7

PW 232.2
    CW 230.6

Loss 1.6

Reversed last week’s gain but I am still bouncing around 230-232. My body just doesn’t want to leave the 230s!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Question of the day

Do you differentiate food as health or unhealthy? Do you think all food is ok but in moderation? Why?

This discussion has been closed.