Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    MFP website is not loading for me I tried a different computer and different browsers I not familiar with the app. I cannot plan my meals. I'm very frustrated 😠
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I am so sorry Mother’s Day is a tough one for you, big hug to you❤️

@kitchendh66 yay congrats on the loss even while working through the pain!!

@Cornanda thanks, now I’m not sure what my goal is 🤣. I hope you enjoyed your vacation! Glad that cake isn’t in my house, I would have eaten it LOL! Good for you for getting back to the exercising!

@micaroo4 that is a very early start to the day! Cold weather definitely puts a damper on biking, we are expecting snow the next couple of days so my bike has gone back in the garage😩

@fushiakat look on the help page, they will have if there are any current issues going on. If not then message them I found them helpful in keeping me up to date

Had a great Mother’s Day yesterday, we had so many back up plans it wasn’t funny. Different family members were sick at different times, so we had different numbers of reservations at different restaurants LOL. I got to spend it with 2 of my kids, grandkids and mom so it turned out delightful.

I need some advice on maintenance as I’m not sure exactly how it works. I thought my goal weight was going to be 135 pounds, but at 137 pounds I find my face is starting to get quite thin, I wish this last 5 pounds was coming off of my abdomen and not my face🤣. I am still going to go to 135, but I may find that that is my absolute minimum number and my range might be from 135 to 140. Is that kind of how it works? I have never actually hit my goal weight since I was about 35 years old!
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 That is wonderful that you had such a wonderful Mother’s Day with your family. :) I think trying to hit a certain number on the scale and planning to stay there is unrealistic and will only make you frustrated when the scale fluctuates as it will do. So, I totally think having a range is the best plan and that way you won’t be so tied to one number. See yourself now living at maintenance and enjoy it! :grin:

Good morning, Team! I thought I better get on here before I start my busy day. I was bummed that I gained this past week, but this is a new week and I’m determined to see the scale drop. The new NBA intensive program just started yesterday and I wasn’t able to watch the live webinar last night so will have to do that at some point today and see what it’s all about. Right now I have to get Joe up and head to the office. Have a great day! :)
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 - this is what I read on boards and saw on my bff- when reaching the very lowest after being a long while on the other side, it will be most visible in the bony areas without much padding- face, collar bone etc. The solution is patience since fat will redistribute itself.
    I get how disappointing it is to expect a positive result showing after all the work, but it could also be a good thing- you get something new to work for.
    Congratulations and good luck!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 @leonadixon Congrats on the losses!

@TeresaW1020 @davidji82 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@Kitchendh66 Congrats on the loss, I'm sorry about the pain. I hope they can discover what is going on with the MRI.

@Cornanda Thank you! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! I'm glad you had a good Mother's Day. I'm sorry I don't have any advice about maintenance. Good luck!

Hi all. Lots of stress going on right now: there was a leak in our bathroom (AGAIN) from the upstairs unit and now work needs to be done. My dog needs surgery (AGAIN). Had to take time off from work due to the bathroom and the dog. I'm trying not to get sick from the stress. Eating hasn't been too terrible although I did eat something I shouldn't have yesterday morning.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,934 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 - I'm a maintainiac myself, and I stick to a range, center weight of 130, plus or minus 3 lbs. Your body feels different when losing then it does when gaining, even as you cross the same number on the scale. Trying to find that balance where you are maintaining precisely is really difficult. I step on the scale daily, and never stop tracking my food. Remember, you are the driver, so always keep both hands on the wheel.
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. FushiaKat
    Weigh in day. Tuesday
    PW. 158.8
    CW. 157.2

The MFP website version did not work for 1.5 days, it was frustrating. I did send in a support ticket, but my friend said it was not working for her either. This forced me to go back and print out a few of my food diaries in case I cannot access the website in the future, at least I have go to meal plans. I'm doing well for the most part, I'm getting a Covid test on Thursday for the procedure on Friday. They are going to put a tube up my nose and down my throat to measure the amount of pressure when I swallow. My doctor thinks I have a motility problem swallowing which makes it difficult for me to eat. I just cannot get my food to go down some day's.

I don't like Mother's Day either, I'm sure there are some terrific mom's out there but mine was not one of them. I've always been jealous of people who had kind and loving parents.
  • laurelfit57
    edited May 2022
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 your general movement has been down on that scale! With all the stress you have been under I have really been so impressed!! One week with a little blip, is just that;). ❤️

@trooworld oh no!! What a stressful time!! I hope if the problem is coming from upstairs, someone else will have to foot the bill. I am so sorry that your pup needs surgery, do you mind if I ask what type of surgery it is. What a time for you!!

@fushiakat yay congrats on the loss! It is so frustrating when we can’t get into my MyFitnessPal, looks like you have a good back up plan in place! I’m sorry that you have to go in for that procedure but, it will be good to have your swallowing issue all sorted out.

Thanks so much for the advice on maintenance! @TeresaW1020 you are definitely right about not just hitting one number. For some reason I just had it in my head that 135 was right in the middle of my BMI so I would have a range starting with that number. I will not try to hit that bottom number right now, I don’t want to wrinkly face🤣

@Gabiv125 have you seen maintenance boards on here? I remember looking before and I couldn’t find anything. I have to admit I’m not very good at searching on MFP.

@micaroo4 thanks so much for the advice! May I ask how long you have been in maintenance? I think that my range is going to be from 135 to 140. I am finding at 137 my face is starting to get thin and at my age(64) will just become wrinkly and gaunt. So for now I am going to call myself in maintenance. Great advice on the tracking and weighing thanks so much for that! I am definitely going to keep in mind that I need to be the driver. I changed myself on MSP from weight loss to maintain weight and it jumped me from 1300 cal a day to 1880😮. I’m definitely not ready for that LOL, baby steps, I changed it to 1500🤣.

Do I need to notify somebody that my weight range will be from 134 to 141 for this group?

To tell you the truth, I am finding this a bit scary, but also totally exciting!
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @micaroo4 One more question :-). Do you typically eat back your exercise calories? I typically have between 300 to 700 exercise calories a day (tracked automatically from my Fitbit) and have never eaten them back. I am wondering if you do now that you are in maintenance.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Hugs, I get what you're saying about Mother's Day. Glad the blues festival was fun but sorry you struggled with staying on track. Holy cow you're getting hit with a lot right now, I'm so sorry to hear about the leak and your dog needing another surgery, how frustrating!

@TeresaW1020 @davidji82 @trooworld Way to go gang!

@kitchendh66 Hope the MRI goes well this week.

@Cornanda Enjoy the time with your daughter.

@micaroo4 I can see why you didn't bike to work, I used to bike before school but I was a teen then, I don't like to be outside at all when it's cold now!

@laurelfit57 That is how it was for me too with maintenance, I think the range is good, I also found I was too thin at goal so I'm not going all the way back to it now and staying up a little more. People who've maintained for awhile tend to have a 3-5lb safety net and if they go over it then it's back to a deficit to go back down. I'm pear-shaped, wish I could get it off my hips and thighs but it would rather come off my chest and face! Congratulations on reaching your goal weight!

@TeresaW1020 Have a great day, hope the first day of the NBA program goes well!

@FushiaKat I hope the procedure goes well this week, sorry you're having so much trouble with the website. MFP is definitely a challenge sometimes, they're going to have a new dashboard and I'm expecting it to be a hot mess like every update has been so far.

Hi gang, sorry for not being on the last couple days, Mother's Day was at my brother's along with my youngest nephew's birthday, I was pretty tired afterward so I didn't come on here at all. My brother's still doing bad with his sciatica. Today I had a dentist appointment, I have to have a gum graft and it's really irritated from the cleaning, my consultation for the graft is in two weeks thank goodness. My teeth are a mess from all the meds I used to take, days like today I wish I'd chosen dentures over saving my teeth. It's overcast and raining off and on like yesterday so I'm not spending much time in the yard. I read The Silent Patient and recommend it, it was a good book. Off to start another!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @laurelfit57 - I've been maintaining since April 2019. If I'm walking my daily 6 miles, I eat 1800-1900 calories. When I'm riding the bicycle, I'll add another 300 calories in order to maintain. My baseline calories is about 1600, for a typical workday if I'm not working out or walking, but I'll drop it to 1400 calories if I'm at home and not working out or walking. Clear as mud, right? You definitely have to eat more when you are getting a lot of exercise, and cut back when you're being a couch potato (we all have those days!). I suggest that you start by bumping up your calories a bit, and monitoring for a couple of weeks - look for a trend. If the scale is still trending down, then bump up the calories some more. One little word of warning...if you are like me and you are much more active in the summer months, then be prepared to cut those calories back down as soon as your activity declines. And it's really hard to give up those summer calories ☹️😢I've tried to keep up the activity in the winter using the indoor bike and the elliptical, but it's a drop in the bucket compared to summer. In the summer I will easily ride the bicycle for 2 hours, and there's just no freaking way that I can do 2 hours of exercise on indoor equipment. So I have to cut back on the calories.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,884 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat Congrats on the loss! That was a great idea to print out some of your food diaries for the future if there are problems with MFP. I hope the procedure goes well.

@laurelfit57 Yes, so very stressful! Oh, the problem is definitely coming from upstairs, the upstairs neighbor thinks what happened is that he overflowed the tub but there is an inspector that will determine the problem when he comes out today. My pup: yeah, I don't know if I said this but in March, she had to have an eye removal surgery because she has a collapsed eyeball. Well, the rescue couldn't afford to do it in the US so they took her down to Mexico to have it done ($3000 vs $200). Well, you kind of get what you pay for: the Mexican vets didn't remove all of the tissue from her eye and there is a small hole from being sewn shut, they didn't close it up all of the way. So the whole thing needs to be redone. This time, it's being done at a lower-cost vet in the US. My poor girl, she's been through so much already!

@Katmary71 Thanks, yeah it was just a sh1t weekend/week ahead. :( I'm sorry you have to have a gum graft, that sounds painful. I read the Silent Patient and liked it until about the last 1/4 of it. I forget why now, it's been a year or two since I read it.

Hi all. I ate my face off in snacks yesterday. I ate healthy lunch and dinner but the snacks did me in. I've got to deal with stress better. After 5, I did light a candle and journal a bit and then watched a Hallmark movie to calm down. I felt a lot better after doing these things.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - I know it gets frustrating getting back on the horse over and over again. But you can do it! You've done so much already! Please don't forget all the success you've had on your journey, even though you are struggling right now. You need to balance holding yourself accountable and giving yourself grace since you have so many stressful things going on in your life right now. Prayers for you continue and here are some hugs too.

@trooworld - I'm so sorry about your dog and your stress and your snacking. Hold on tight and try to use other measures for calming when you can. Hugs to you!

@FushiaKat - hope the procedure goes OK and you get some answers. Thinking of you.

@laurelfit57 - I've never succeeded at maintenance, but it seems those who succeed continue to monitor and adjust. I just want to say that you seem to have already been practicing those skills- adding workout time when you got movie popcorn, getting rid of leftovers after holidays...and more. Those are all things that will serve you well going forward.

@Katmary71 - I hope your gums heal quick and it's not too painful.

Daughter is heading back after dinner today. That will improve my food choices. Last night, instead of going out to eat, we got subs and went to a park. It was lighter food and then we all took a walk together. I enjoyed it very much. As we were eating, a lone rooster wandered up and proceeded to stare at us, making odd noises (no *kitten*-a-doodle-doo.... he sounded constipated!) and preen his feathers. It was very entertaining.

Lisa
  • FushiaKat
    Options
    Lol, I think I need an "Intervention". I'm addicted to crispy white popcorn 💖 with Parmesan Cheese. I've been eating 6 cups a night plus my fruit salad too. OMG yesterday I found Dark Red Sweet Cherries at Sam's club, and now I'm trying to figure out how to add them to my food plan. It's only 74 tiny calories per cup with pits. Maybe I will just eat over every day until they are gone. 😁😋

@laurelfit57 Congrats on reaching maintenance!!! 🌼🌻🌷🌺✨🎉🎈 Wooo that's totally awesome! I'm reading all the advice on maintenance because I have less than 18lbs. to get there. Keep us posted on your progress I'd love to hear about it.
  • laurelfit57
    Options
    @Katmary71. Thanks! I am pear shaped as well. I swear, three years ago, my thighs look like if you cut a basketball in half and put one half on each side of my outer thighs, that’s what my thighs were😜. I’m super lucky that spinning has definitely helped with that.
    Sounds like Sunday was a super busy day for you! Going to the dentist can be so stressful and painful, I’m hoping that you get good results with the least amount of pain and stress!

@micaroo4 that is actually super clear, very similar to my life! In the summer, I am also on my bike for about two hours a day, three days at the gym and then whatever other activities are going on. During the winter, three days at the gym, I do try to keep up with my 10,000 steps a day (walking my dog), not always possible. Eating 1800 - 1900 cal seems very stressful and exciting at the same time lol! That is all great advice and makes really good sense, thanks so much! I will follow your lead:)

@trooworld I am so very sorry about your pup, poor little girl❤️❤️❤️. It just breaks my heart, much love is being sent to you all! Good for you for eating a healthy lunch and dinner! Stress is such a trigger!

@Cornanda it sounds like you had such a lovely time in the park last night, that rooster would have made me laugh 😂. Family time is so precious and we just need to enjoy it when we can! I have never come close to maintenance so I have never either failed or succeeded. This last two years just felt different to me, I knew I was going to get there, maybe it’s an age thing😜

@Fushiakat dark red cherries are my FAVOURITE fruit in the world!!!! So jealous, we won’t see those here until the summer:(.
    Thanks so much! You are so close!!! I must admit it is both a scary and exciting time, I think I am overthinking a lot of things LOL

Yesterday was a great day, but also an odd one. I hadn’t really planned ahead to be in maintenance, I was still concentrating on that last 2 pounds. I didn’t really have food in the house for that extra 300 cal in a healthy way, so I thought that I would just stick with 1300 yesterday, and then start today. I went over my moms house last night to watch the hockey game and of course she put out snacks. It was a very stressful game! So I calculated the calories of the snacks and fit in my extra 300 cal🤣. Not the healthiest way, but it was on par. I had told my grandkids that I would get them McDonald’s tonight for dinner, that doesn’t happen very often but it is a special date night, I have decided that I am going to join them! This is something very unusual, they are going to be super excited because grandma usually has salad if they have takeout. I have planned the rest of my day out so I will still stick to the 1500. No more outings planned for the week so I should be fine:).
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Options
    Hi Team! This is a quick check-in so you don't think I've gone MIA. I had to call an ambulance for Joe this morning because he was feeling very sick and passed out. He has a very bad UTI and some other infection plus his sodium was low again. We try so hard to keep his sodium up and this just keeps happening. I left him a little while ago snoring from the heavy dose of pain meds they gave him. I hate this so much!! I didn't eat the best today and did get my lunch from a vending machine. But I came home to eat dinner and not fast food. I wrote to my NBA coach and did my program tasks. I'm NOT going to throw in the towel. I probably won't be around much the next couple of days, but will be thinking of you. If you can say a little prayer for us, that would be much appreciated!! :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Sounds like you reined yourself in with the candle and journaling, glad they and the movie helped.

@Cornanda Sounds like a great night before leaving with your daughter last night. Sounds like the rooster had something important to tell you two!

@FushiaKat I had to laugh your popcorn is totally my guilty snack, I got different colors of popcorn for Christmas but like you I prefer them with cheese and lots of seasoning so I'm trying not to eat it often because then I want the routine. Cherries are the bomb, enjoy!

@laurelfit57 I can relate to the big thighs! Of course my body would rather take it off my chest, I swear my hips and thighs will be the last thing to rot off my dead body. Have fun at McDonald's tonight!

@TeresaW1020 So sorry to hear about Joe, huge hug, keeping you two in my prayers. I'm glad you're not throwing in the towel, keep up the great work!

Hi gang, happy Wednesday! Not much new but the sun was finally out today, yay! It was nice not to need to be in bed most the day. Did my workout, read, and currently have laundry going and listening to a podcast. Keep up the great work everyone!
  • micaroo4
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 Saw your message about Joe. Prayers for you both.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW1020 - Oh no! So sorry to hear about Joe and I'm praying for you both.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 135
    CW: 135
    Yesterday my husband and I were supposed to fly out to visit our parents overseas. The flight kept being delayed 30-50 minutes at a time for about 3h. Then we deboarded and another 3h later after several announced delays, it was fully canceled. Lucky for us we’re close to the airport and just came home and will try again tonight with the alternative flight they offered- with an “ideal” 10h layover 😂.
    Anyway, to my utter shock after 8h in the airport and 4h of sleep (my body didn’t jump at the occasion to make up lost sleep, of course), the scale was where I left it. Go figure. Weirdest win, right?

Wish you and your husband, strength, health and good luck , Teresa.
This discussion has been closed.