WeightNoMore Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    user name: seltzer_lover
    weigh-in days: Monday
    5/2: 243
    5/9: 244.5

Well I'm not winning this week, that's for sure! Retaining some water - my jump up had actually been even higher but it's drifting back down. Saw the 242s towards the end of last week and I'm hoping to see them again this week. :smile:
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    Had a good Mother's Day with my kids and granddaughter here for dinner and my sister and her husband stopping in on their way from Florida to Connecticut. Stayed busy all day and did not check in here - sorry to end MT streak but . . .
    Today spent with my sister walking lots and catching up.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited May 2022
    So I have not said much this week but I promised to post steps:

May 1: 1000 (slug, weekend problem)
    May 2: 7717
    May 3: 3992
    May 4: 5641
    May 5: 6158
    May 6: 5920
    May 7: 2737 (slug...also weekend)

So on my Targets...
    100 Carbs/day (ha ha ha. 150-200)
    100 minutes of extra movement (~320)
    100 minutes of exercise (~120 started doing daily physical therapy exercises again)
    100 minutes of extra sleep (I don't know. I need to track it better)
    100 minutes of stress relief (I need to work on this)
    100 oz of water (probably. Or close. Some days are better than others)

Someone else mentioned not tracking veg carbs is work, as they log everything, and that makes math. I am SO on board with that statement! Ashley is our math person. I avoid math like the plague. Not that I can't math, I just don't wanna.
  • pacsnc6
    steps
    Sun 4641
    Mon 5317
    Tue 4126
    Wed 4753
    Thu 4506
    Fri 6949 - that's more like it!
    Sat 3449

I have been working on a cross stitch again for at least a couple hours a day so cuts down on the walks
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,203 Member
    REMINDER TO GET YOUR STEP COUNTS IN BY NOON EST - RESULTS POSTED LATER!

Also, to get to know everyone a bit better, I've got a question:

atw6iltkppud.png

Someone else mentioned not tracking veg carbs is work, as they log everything, and that makes math. I am SO on board with that statement! Ashley is our math person. I avoid math like the plague. Not that I can't math, I just don't wanna.

Even as a math person... sometimes I just don't wanna do it. If MFP didn't calculate all my calorie and macro/micro totals for me, I don't think I would be willing to log my food. That just sounds like an absolute pain in the (ahem) butt.

Also, I've talked about how I am not a fan of the demonization of carbs. Carbs are our friends. They give us fast energy, which allows us to function while waiting for the other macronutrients to digest down into energy. Limiting certain sources of carbs is great, but I feel like limiting all carbs in general is a recipe for disaster. I need to stop myself before I go on another rant.

• seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    Also, I've talked about how I am not a fan of the demonization of carbs. Carbs are our friends. They give us fast energy, which allows us to function while waiting for the other macronutrients to digest down into energy. Limiting certain sources of carbs is great, but I feel like limiting all carbs in general is a recipe for disaster. I need to stop myself before I go on another rant.

AMEN SISTERFRIEND.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    edited May 2022
    ~ Steps Challenge ~

EDITED BECAUSE I SCREWED UP AND LJDANNY DESERVES TO HAVE THEIR STEPS INCLUDED

Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 7
    Total Steps: 396,459
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 56,637

The Leaderboard -
    @ljdanny - 81,505 total | 11,644 average
    @shnkrnrynn - 65,586 total | 9,369 average - Most Steps in One Day!
    @TwinMama91521 - 63,743 total | 9,106 average
    @browan19 - 61,124 total | 8,732 average
    @BodyTalking - 57,595 total | 8,228 average
    @pacsnc6 - 33,741 total | 4,820 average - Most Consistent!!!
    @melaniedscott - 33,165 total | 4,738 average

Steppers, after looking at some of the daily counts, it's clear that several of you are Weekend Warriors and some of you use your weekdays to do the majority of your moving. Which camp do you prefer?

Regardless of which group you fall into, your dedication and consistency to this challenge week after week is incredible. I am always impressed by how much some of you walk throughout the week, especially as someone who always intends to get out more, but never makes it further off the couch than the refrigerator door.

c6794679fa609c1d404b504f133370ff.gif
  • TwinMama91521
    TwinMama91521 Posts: 47 Member
    TwinMama91521
    Wednesday
    PW: 140.4
    CW: 142.6

Meh. Time of month. I'm super bloated. I'll get it next week.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    edited May 2022
    That just sounds like an absolute pain in the (ahem) butt.
    It didn't kitten you!!! Have they turned the profanity kitten off!?! I remember having to jump through hoops a couple years ago when quoting the *kitten* Surfers (American rock band, for those of you not familiar, not especially popular but they had this ONE good song).
    YES! THIS! And I figure five out of six isn't bad. More than 80%. Although...when the I can haz cookiez monster appears at my desk at 3:20 (or earlier), reconsidering carb choices is probably not a bad plan.
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,059 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm you forgot to add my steps and I actually had a great week, lol. They are back on May 8. I'm not that great at coping and pasting
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 1,910 Member
    Well done fellow steppers 👏
    I would like to do more at the weekends but I've been so tired lately, so the weekdays are where I build my step count 👣
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    [

Limiting certain sources of carbs is great, but I feel like limiting all carbs in general is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe THAT'S why that book recommends NOT counting certain carbs?! That would make sense, don't you think?
    The book arrived today and I hope to start reading over the weekend.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    Also, to get to know everyone a bit better, I've got a question:

atw6iltkppud.png

1. incorporating yoga into my daily routine - a short, 10-15 min, routine works wonders for me
    2. not eating after 4/5 pm - going to bed hungry makes me full of energy the next day
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    ljdanny wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm you forgot to add my steps and I actually had a great week, lol. They are back on May 8. I'm not that great at coping and pasting

Oh my goodness, I am so sorry. I edited all of the statistics for you. Don't know how that happened, but thanks for catching the mistake.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    [

Limiting certain sources of carbs is great, but I feel like limiting all carbs in general is a recipe for disaster.

Maybe THAT'S why that book recommends NOT counting certain carbs?! That would make sense, don't you think?
    The book arrived today and I hope to start reading over the weekend.

It makes sense, but it also creates extra work for people, which is definitely not the way to go about these things. Rarely will people stick with a more complicated option when there is a more simple one available. I hope the book provides some strategies to only count certain carbs while disregarding the rest without requiring someone to resort to spreadsheets/pen&paper.
  • worldtrav89
    worldtrav89 Posts: 30 Member
    Worldtrav89
    Weigh in 5.11.2022

Cw: 244.8
    Pw: 249.4
  • biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member
    Have a wonderful day everyone!
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    May Week 2
    Weigh In Day: Thursdays
    PW (Previous Weight): 183.0 (May 12th)
    CW (Current Weight): 183.0 (May 5th)

Feeling like I am a bit stuck at this weight. Trying to focus on NSV to keep my motivation up.
  • pacsnc6
    Pacsnc6
    Week 2
    Thursdays
    Pw: 154.5
    Cw: 155
This discussion has been closed.