Monthly Post for May 2022

KateNkognito
KateNkognito Posts: 1,603 Member
Welcome to a new month!

Replies

• Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 2,060 Member
    Good morning!

Nice! Thanks for getting the new May thread started @KateNkognito! I got caught up yesterday with laundry, pre-packing and returning more items at Target and Wal-Mart! Sigh...

Five days of work and then we fly out to the Dominican Republic! I am in the office today since we have a candidate interviewing. Means I will be home Thursday and Friday which is nice. :smiley:

One week from today - I turn the big 5-0! :o

Hope you had a lovely weekend. Just had my overnight oats and they were lovely. Been not so good with food choices but I am trying. Got a nice turkey and Swiss on a low carb wrap for lunch.

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    @Meghan509 Hope you have a happy birthday! Sounds like a fun trip!

It has been a MONDAY here. I've already decided on Chinese food for dinner. I need something warm and comforting. Also, if I don't do laundry tonight, I will be naked or stinky tomorrow.

I hope everyone has a great week!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

So far today is much less crazier than yesterday. Yes, it sure was a Monday @KateNkognito!! Sigh... My boss is working remotely today so a little bit quieter at the office.

Ahh yes, Chinese food saves the day! We are to have it later this week when my honey goes to get his haircut after work. There's a place right next door to our hair salon. Last time I was at the salon, my hairdresser was raving about it. New owners and yummy fresher tasting food. :smiley:

Just had my over night oats and they were tasty. Same turkey and swiss cheese on a low carb wrap planned for lunch today. Carrots and hummus on the side.

Hope you have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Can it be the last day of school, please? Asking for a friend. :D

@Meghan509 We have a tiny little place that mostly does takeout. Yum! Leftovers for dinner tonight!

I hope everyone is having a good day! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Hello!

Whoa, where the heck did the morning go?! I try and pop in early but not todayyyy!!

Busy but good here. Lots of people wishing me well for vacation and birthday next week. Feeling the love. In the office today and then home Thursday and Friday. Saturday we are flying. :)

@KateNkognito got to love those little places! Funny thing is my BF's brother lives in Arizona with his family. Originally from NY. He said that Chinese Food is not a thing there. Who knew?! Seems like Tex Mex is more the thing there. Whenever they come visit they make sure they get their Chinese Take Out fix. :smiley:

Have a good day and see you soon!!
  • KateNkognito
    Today has been... interesting? A roller coaster? Weird?
    My oldest left for a school trip to Dallas. My mom heart is having a moment. Kids at school are a little nuts because it is raining. I am just a mess in general lately. But hey, it's halfway through the week! Only 3 more weeks to go!
  • KateNkognito
    Today is a lovely rainy day. Also, it's our 21st anniversary. Our marriage is old enough to drink! Going out for a steak tonight. Then early to bed because we are old. :D

@Meghan509 Enjoy your day at home!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Awww, hope your oldest has a great trip to Dallas, @KateNkognito
    Wow, only three more weeks of school - good for you! You totally got this! LOL

Have a lovely wedding anniversary! Hope you have an amazing steak tonight! YUMMY.

Thanks! Had a quick Zoom appointment with my rheumatologist / arthritis doctor, because yeah 50 is right around the corner and my right wrist has been killing me! Sigh... Going to run out and buy some Voltaren arthritis gel to apply to my wrist. Hoping this works. Stinks getting old I tell you.

Two more work from home days and then vacation!!

Have a good day all. See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Last day of work before vacation!!! Is it quitin' time yet?! :p

Work was a little busy yesterday but I think today should be okay. Home stretch.

I will check in on and off while I am away. I am also trying to keep my check in streak alive, don't cha know?! Maybe if I can get MFP to cooperate I can share some pics with you!

Hope your anniversary was good, @KateNkognito and hope you and your family and doggie are well, @mamainthekitchen sending farewell hugs before I fly out tomorrow to beautiful Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic. <3

Have a good Friday and good weekend and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    @Meghan509 Safe travels and happy birthday! My neighbors just got back from the Dominican Republic. I hope you have a lovely time! I also hope the arthritis gets better.

The last few weeks of school are always long. 13 more days.

Have a great weekend, all!
  • KateNkognito
    Happy Mother's Day! Have a lovely day!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!
    Hope you both had a nice mother's day!
    We arrived safely in the DR on Saturday and have been having a great time!
    50 years old today! Thanks for the birthday wishes. <3
    Hope you have a great day and a nice week!
    See you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Happy birthday, Meghan! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

12 more days of school. I can do this.
  • KateNkognito
    11 more. Not gonna lie, we will be coloring and watching a movie in the near future.
  • Meghan509
    Thanks so much for the birthday wishes, Kate! LOL keep those kids in line!

Trying to post a picture from today but the app is acting up.

Hope you have a great rest of the day. :)

• KateNkognito
    10. I can count them on my fingers! Today is my oldest's last day of high school. He graduates on Saturday! <3 Also, I am fat today.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Oh goodness! Locked out of here for a week or so then have caught Covid!!! Feel like…..$&@*+

I’ve missed so much!

Happy anniversary Kate! 21 years!! Wow good for you… hope you enjoyed a nice dinner out! Also happy Mother’s Day

And happy birthday Meghan!! You’re sipping something with an umbrella in it right about now I hope!! Enjoy your Dominican Birthday!!!

K, that’s all this sick gal has the energy for! Sooooo mad! Although I’m fasting because I just cannot eat so there’s that!

Ugh… check in later :s
  • KateNkognito
    @mamainthekitchen I hope you feel better soon! COVID sucks!
  • Meghan509
    Good morning!

Kate, you are on the home stretch and you got this!

Mama, so sorry to hear about the COVID. Feel better and hang in there!!

Last full day here before we fly home tomorrow sigh...

Been a nice trip but looking forward to coming home.
  • KateNkognito
    @Meghan509 Have a safe trip!

@mamainthekitchen I hope you are feeling better!

8 more alarms. TGIF! My oldest graduates tomorrow. Proud and sad, too. He's all grown up now! Have a great weekend!