Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,862 Member
    @Cornanda Thank you! Subs in the park sound really nice and a good idea. That's funny about the rooster.

@FushiaKat I love cherries.

@laurelfit57 Thank you, I know, she's been through so much already! :( Stress is a huge trigger. Good job, fitting in your extra 300 calories! Enjoy the McDs!

@TeresaW1020 Poor Joe! I'm so sorry, Teresa. I hope he is out of the hospital quickly. Poor YOU too. Hugs.

@Katmary71 Yes, thank you! I'm glad the sun came out for you. It was nice here, too.

@GabiV125 After all of that, I'd consider a maintain a WIN!

Hi all. The stress and stress eating continues. I feel like I'm finally going to reign it in today. I know the damage is done but it's never too late to start over.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member

[...]

@micaroo4 thanks so much for the advice! May I ask how long you have been in maintenance? I think that my range is going to be from 135 to 140. I am finding at 137 my face is starting to get thin and at my age(64) will just become wrinkly and gaunt. So for now I am going to call myself in maintenance. Great advice on the tracking and weighing thanks so much for that! I am definitely going to keep in mind that I need to be the driver. I changed myself on MSP from weight loss to maintain weight and it jumped me from 1300 cal a day to 1880😮. I’m definitely not ready for that LOL, baby steps, I changed it to 1500🤣.

Do I need to notify somebody that my weight range will be from 134 to 141 for this group?

To tell you the truth, I am finding this a bit scary, but also totally exciting!

Hi @laurel57!

Sorry for the delay! We do note the range in the spreadsheet. There is a separate section in the spreadsheet for maintenance members (see row 67 at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12XSg1wSlx0tEnrO7pOT0GgTNcJydVpqkf3hgcL73gXw/edit#gid=2032789470 )

Just let us know if this is the week (or which week) you want to move to maintenance.

Thanks!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @broncobuddee thanks so much. If I could start this Sunday that would be great!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @GabiV125 I'm sorry you didn't make it to see your parents, hope tonight works better for you two!

@trooworld So sorry to hear things are still stressful, I hope you're able to reign (noticed I spelled this wrong, oops!) it in, it seems to get easier once you have one night or day that's better than the previous ones.

Hi everyone, on a little earlier so I can get in the tub and stay in longer, my legs are pretty flared up as I did a belly dancing challenge that will be a week long and did two days today to catch up. Workouts are still going good each morning. I went to the Folsom Outlets and realized the stores are further apart than I realized so I just came home instead of shopping. I went to the farmer's market for one vendor's amazing snap peas and bought Brussel sprouts and broccoli and it was $14, I'm still in shock I spent that much on in season veggies, I don't know why I didn't say no, it's about 5 days worth of veggies but that's still high. Off for my Epsom salt bath. I think I already told you all I'm helping with a plant sale at the food bank farm this weekend, hopefully I won't rescue any sad plants!
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    judiasverdes
    Thursday
    PW. 165
    CW. 167

:s I did a poor job of tracking my food intake this past week and while I did stay away from junk food, I ended up eating way too much bread. I have downloaded Never Binge Again which I think @TeresaW1020 recommended? Hopefully it will help change my mindset. I am forever in this rut of losing 10 pounds then gaining back 15...
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 475 Member
    @TeresaW1020 I am so very sorry to hear about Joe! I know this has got to be so hard, really big hugs being sent your way❤️. Vending machines never do offer much good nutrition, do they? Good for you for coming home to eat, probably a good home cooked meal was good for your soul! I will definitely be thinking about you my friend.

@katmary my thighs were definitely the last thing to come down lol. Our family is blessed with butts and thighs. My daughter hated her shape, when she was younger. I pointed out several people like the Kardashians who paid big money to get what she had naturally😜. Yay for the sun coming out, it really does make a difference doesn’t it?! Glad you were more mobile today and were able to get your workout in, sounds like you are multitasking! Our farmers markets prices are definitely much higher than where you are, I think I would spend $14 just on snap peas alone😩. I do love going to the farmers market but it definitely is pricey. Have fun with the plant sale!

@GabiV125 that’s rotten that your flight keeps getting delayed, but I’m very glad you guys were close to home! LOL that is some ideal layover! And fingers crossed you get to make the flight tonight!

@trooworld I know the stress is real, I also know you’ve got this!

It was a good day today, got in my two workouts at the gym and then took my mom out to a small town that has the cutest little ladies clothes store. We were able to get her dress for my sons wedding this summer! Stayed within my 1500 today. I am finding this a very different way of eating. I really avoided carbs at least five days a week and if I had them it was whole grains. Still sticking to whole grains, but I am starting to have sandwiches for lunch instead of salads :-). It really does make me uneasy, even though I am staying within my range. I am weighing myself daily, so far so good.
    When I had McDonald’s with my grandkids my granddaughter exclaimed “BEST DAY EVER!!”🥰
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 285 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 252
    CW: 250

LTD 50 :)B)
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    @GabiV125 - spending that much time in an airport is not fun. Glad you maintained! Hope you made it out and enjoy your trip.

@trooworld - You got this girl! Get your train back on the track. Get back on that horse and ride on. Who else has sayings for this?!?!?

@katmary- how did you like belly dancing? You are every sad plant's dream with that green thumb of yours!

@judiasverdes - keep learning new things each week, put them into practice. Eventually it adds up to a lot of good habits and meaningful change.

@laurelfit57 - It sounds like you are really enjoying maintenance in a very responsible way- go you!

Happy Friday all!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,004 Member
    Friday weigh in
    cornanda
    PW: 167.7
    CW: 167.9

+ 0.2

I'm quite happy with this after two weeks of partying!
  • trooworld
    @Katmary71 Thank you. I thought that you spelled it "reign"? If not, I spelled it wrong too lol! That's true, it does get easier I think. Sorry your legs are flared up, I hope the tub soak helped. I always find the farmer's market expensive, at least around here. I hardly ever go unless I am looking for something specific like green tomatoes.

@judiasverdes Sorry about the gain, I do the same thing. It's very frustrating, isn't it? I hope the book helps.

@laurelfit57 Thank you! Sounds like a nice shopping trip with mom. I hope you enjoy your new eating adventure, I think after avoiding carbs, I would quite enjoy a sandwich! :D Aw, that's cute about your granddaughter! ;)

@davors19 Congrats on the loss and 50 POUNDS DOWN!!!

@Cornanda Thank you! Get back on the wagon, you forgot that one! LOL! Happy Friday and congrats on the maintain!

Hi all. I got notified by my work that I was around someone on Monday that tested positive for COVID. I didn't need the added stress and it tipped me over the edge lol. We ordered pizza last night SMH. I just couldn't do life last night. :( I did reign in the snacks a bit yesterday before the pizza happened, so that's a positive.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    @davors19 Congrats again on the 50 lbs down!!!

4j7szext7g3g.png
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 364 Member
    Good morning All!
    I've had a busy week and it's not over yet. I hit the gym five times already this week and am taking a break today. I have to help honey with a workshop tonight and in the morning. The scale isn't reflecting my workouts. I think I am retaining water more so than usual. Not sure but I don't like my scale numbers. I have to work on that.
    Have a great day everyone and let's go get it!! B)
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    gwamajtw91
    Fridays

Hi everyone. I am back from a wonderful trip to the UK. Not sure @broncobuddee how to log this, but today's weight is
    165.6. I think my last weigh in was April 22 and 166.6.

Totally surprised I didn't gain any weight considering all the goodies I ate! Must have been the increase in moving around that evened it out :)
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    kxf94676e3m2.jpg

Help! Lot's of empty rows in the team spreadsheet!

Weigh-ins due:
    @shawna_25
    @vegan4lyfe2012
    @fatfifties
    @Jactop
    @trooworld
    @holly2e
    @amioc
    @davidji82
    @leonadixon

Saturday reminders:
    @askewcr
    @bgame4
    @digger61
    @MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,534 Member
    @judiasverdes I hope NBA is helpful for you, I know both @Cornanda and @TeresaW1020 have read the book.

@laurelfit57 I'm sorry to hear your farmer's market is so high. If you're weighing yourself daily you should be able to catch if there's any changes because of the type of calories you're eating. Love McDonald's and hanging with Grandma was the best day ever, what a wonderful thing to be told!

@Cornanda Belly dancing is fun, they're 10-20 minute videos so if she's talking I sit for that part then stand when the action starts, today I'm sore because we did the full body undulation! Happy Friday! If you want the links I can send them to you.

@trooworld I hope you don't get COVID, totally get why that pushed you over. Hope today went better for you.

@davors19 Happy 50lbs down, that's amazing!

@askewcr Way to go on all the gym sessions! Good luck with the workshop.

@gwamajtw91 Awesome job not gaining on your trip, welcome back!

Hi everyone, happy Friday! Did my workout then the belly dancing challenge which was challenging today, went to the store from some produce, then finished a really good book that made me cry, it's The Storyteller's Secret if anyone is interested. I spent some time in the yard, there's a sick possum out there I'm trying to feed but so far he hasn't come back out from under the deck to eat. Animal control won't be thrilled that I'm by a greenbelt without a fence and he can disappear so I'm trying to figure out the best thing to do, there's a wildlife center in Sacramento if I get a trap but I'll see if he's still here tomorrow by the food being gone. Tomorrow's the plant sale and my SILs birthday but no plans to celebrate yet, my brother's still doing bad so I don't know what we'll be doing.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,010 Member
    Wonderful news!

@PatriceFitnessPal has stepped up as Motivator for Team Shape Shifters. I am sure that some of you have seen Patrice on the group challenges where she is both a fantastic inspiration and generous with encouragement, ideas, and knowledge. Thanks from all of us Patrice! Your team is very lucky :smiley:
  • davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi All

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:219.3
    CW:222.6

Sorry its late.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,892 Member
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 129.8
    CW (Current Weight): 129.6
  • amioc
    amioc Posts: 175 Member
    Username amioc weigh in day: Friday Starting weight 147 (28/01/2022) All time heaviest 148 (24/01/2022) PW: 143.4 CW: 141.2 😊
    I think I’ve only lost this much because I’ve got lyme’s disease and I’ve not been feeling well but I’ll take it ☺️! Just need to try and not put it back on when I’m better 😕!!
  • MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO Posts: 591 Member
    Username: MOUNTAINMERMAIDCO
    Weigh In Day: Saturday
    PW (Previous Weight): 164.8
    CW (Current Weight): 161.6

This discussion has been closed.