WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    edited May 2022
    jugar wrote: »
    Well, folks - the tallies for week 2 are done, and not too pretty. Our very own @ashleycarole86 is top winner (again!!) but otherwise we were on the gaining side of the pool, and the worst of all :grimace: Let's get logging and pull out of the losing by gaining trend! We are not alone in this, so I'm rooting for all the teams to track, eat those veggies, and feel amazing soon.

Sunday and Monday weigh-ins due:
    @Terytha
    @BlissfulK
    @DD265
    @MoonlitMuse

Thanks!

@jugar I hate to add to gains!😬

I’m in the middle of researching lifestyle change and trying to figure out ketogenic diet with IF. Mainly what I’ll be eating and how to calculate macros for meals. I wasn’t tracking for past few weeks so I had no idea the amount of calories I was eating! I was using 1/3 to 1/2 coconut oil to prepare a meal. I’m like it’s good fat that will burn, but I haven’t trained myself to IF daily yet and was consuming more carbs than I thought, so the extra fat did not burn😂

I’m going to take it slower and not overwhelm the transition with doing some many things at once. Going to master calculating macros for recipes on a ketogenic diet before starting lifestyle change with IF.

I just started MFP Premium that calculates total Net Carbs for recipes which was an eye opener to why I gained and makes it sooo much easier to calculate recipes! I should have progress for next week :)

I’m a ketogenic newbie, Sorry again about this week!!

PW: 137.4
    CW: 142

I also forgot to weigh in before eating, but still it’s def a gain. I don’t think it would add 5lbs
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,119 Member
    @conleywoods Hope you got that relaxing day you were needing today! It's amazing how much other people's anxiety can impact us. We don't even have to be the main sufferer of it to feel it. I'm aware at times my anxiety puts Brad in a bad space because he has to watch me suffer through it from the sidelines.. hard for someone who wants to fix it. Imagine it must be tiring for your FIL to go through days like that feeling the way he does. Hope everything finishes on schedule by Tuesday and you can put it behind you.

@KellyBgetsfit Thanks for the info.. I was wondering what A Little Obsessed was in your news feed, sounds like a fun program! I have some resistance bands I'd like to use for something different - good reminder.

@conleywoods @KellyBgetsfit Wow - hard to believe you're talking about the school year wrapping up! What will summer hold for each of you this year?

@jugar Hope your daughter's birthday dinner was great. Lovely to hear you're enjoying your visit and enjoying some horse time. Your visits with her always sound so lovely.

@DD265 Thanks for the heads up - noted!

@YinxFed Just love reading "forest walk" - sounds so peaceful and lovely. Sounds like a great plan, thanks for the Sunday motivation!

5/14 exercise:
    9971 steps + 47 minutes Peloton
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 478 Member
    @ashleycarole86 that helicopter ride looks like fun! And wow...100km biking on the trails!! That sounds like fun with no cars around. I assume there wasn't snow on the ground where you were biking?

Today I planted some zucchini and yellow squash in my garden. I'm pretty sure it will be warm from here on out. This next weekend is forecasted to be 95! 🌞 Any tips from the garden experts here?

My husband and I also started walking in the evenings around our neighborhood. It's a great way to get steps in and just unwind. We were able to walk 1.75 miles tonight. We are slowly adding on, but this is a great way for me to add steps, even on my gym days!
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Here's my numbers and the crunching:

MFP Calorie Goal: 13,673 (I adjusted my AF to sedentary since I have a desk job, it was overestimating before since I had it set to active for my ADL plus my workouts for the week)
    MFP Calorie Intake: 12,181
    MFP Prediction: -1,492kcal (-.5lb)

Garmin Calorie Burn: 15,006
    Garmin Calorie Intake: 12,181
    Garmin Prediction: -2,825kcal (-.8lb)

PW: 141.4
    CW: 140.4 (-1lb) Garmin wins again

One thing I really need to work on is being more active on the weekends. It's hard because my fiance gets very....clingy...and diverts my attempts to work out with something else (i.e. instead of doing my long run yesterday, we watched Deuce Bigalo). Saturdays are usually my errand days and this week I went to Kalispell and Big Fork for some shopping in actual civilization (and spent waaaaaay too much) and had dinner with a former intern. It was much needed honestly, but a 2-3 hr drive in each direction doesn't make for much activity.

The week went well with my hypertrophy training and I had some delicious muscle soreness that tells me I'm lifting heavier! I just wish I could fit in all the stuff I want to do throughout the day. Why can't someone just pay me to work out?

@KellyBgetsfit I LOVED 80DO! I still have all my measurements and stats from when I did it. Inches were lost and added in all the right places, but my weight kept going up at the end of each phase, it was definitely muscle so I didn't lament too much. Beachbody has some great workout programs but I refuse to buy into the Shakeology stuff (even though many a friend has tried to get me into it to add clout because of my credentials)

@conleywoods Bozeman is "only" about 4 hours from me! That's not too far in Montana terms lol
  • ashleycarole86
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    @ashleycarole86 that helicopter ride looks like fun! And wow...100km biking on the trails!! That sounds like fun with no cars around. I assume there wasn't snow on the ground where you were biking?!

No snow on the pathways or road anymore, that's correct! It wasn't very warm though - there were times I felt very chilly! I still got a bit of a sunburn though... forgot sunscreen as my head still isn't in that mode!

• ashleycarole86
    en4uwdtkjl9v.png
  • ashleycarole86
    Everyone who participated had their name in at least one stat for week 2! Love that

5/15 exercise:
    4052 steps + 248 minutes cycling

Needless to say, I took a rest day today ;) Still got my steps because I walked to and from a downtown conference from a cheaper parking lot further away and also took my dog for a walk after supper.

Brad had plans to meet a friend after work for a light ride - they do it more to catch up but he did turn the pedals a bit and he said the only thing that was sore was his butt! LOL

Back downtown for day 2 of a work conference tomorrow! Brad and I work for the same company - we didn't meet at work, in fact we met living in two different provinces, but after he moved here he happened to get his second job in the Calgary area with my same company that I've been at for 15 years. Anyway, we work in two separate areas and in two different buildings now, but we are both at this conference so it's kinda fun to be in together!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,013 Member
    Happy Tuesday!
    I can so relate to the "too many parties" @Gidgitgoescrazy - so far we have had 2 birthday parties, a welcome home party, lots of visitors brining yummy things, and some time this week we're going to Lloydminster for Indian food. I think today is going to have to be a seriously careful one!
  • jugar
    Kali225 wrote: »
    This was a friend's law school graduation and I don't know how these students have been sleeping but we were at a house party until after 2am and didn't go to bed until after 3! Help.

So this weigh-in is a doozy and my all-time high which doesn't feel any sort of good. Please let my brain grab onto this and get me going down from here.

Kay's Brain? Are you listening? House parties are now over, OK?
  • jugar
    Wednesday Weigh-In Wonderful Wonders! It's your turn:
    @PlaneMonkey
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit

Woo hoo! Good or bad, it's all info.

This is a great time for everyone to share some resources to help anyone needing some tool renewal - let's get the needle moving in the good direction. Articles, ideas, you name it!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 975 Member
    Hello and happy Tuesday!

Our pump for the well is fixed and no crazy father in laws were harmed in the process 😇 I don't think any of us have any patience left so we will lay low until we recharge our emotional batteries! My new dishwasher comes this Friday and then the house will be back to normal. My father in laws birthday is in a couple days so we will have to get his party figured out soon. He loves cats and last weekend I tried to get him to go to a kitten party at one of the shelters but I couldn't get him to go. He was very distracted.

Last two days all of my meals have been ok except dinner. I still hit my macros but I had something else planned and no water at the house resulted in pizza and salad one night and sandwiches and kale chips tonight. I double cut the pizza and found myself satisfied after 1 slice, Woo-hoo 😀 I did a HIIT workout yesterday but I have nothing left tonight so taking the night off. I need new workout shoes for indoors. The new pair is ordered. I feel a bit of plantar facitis starting.

I'm having emotional cravings for chocolate tonight. Having my evening coffee to see if that helps. It usually does the trick and I think it's going to be a 2 cup night. I always buy the endangered species chocolate bars and they donate to save the forest/animals. That little voice is telling me "it's not JUST eating chocolate! It's saving the planet...it's responsible to eat the chocolate " I'm telling my little voice there is a good chance my chocolate is harvested by child labor and it's more responsible to NOT eat the chocolate!
  • ashleycarole86
    Evening all!
    5/16 exercise:
    12682 steps

Not sure I have a lot in the way of articles or such to provide, but I did like this one:

https://medium.com/@flabstofitness/why-motivation-is-crap-discipline-is-your-only-chance-at-success-3ecd00b8b090

Highlight-

So when you’re looking to change something in your life:

· Let motivation inspire you, but don’t expect it to stick around.

· Focus on building disciplined actions around that new thing.

· Get specific in what “discipline” will look like for your specific goal.

Do things every day to get yourself in your habits for the way you want to live. Make those things second nature. The things that make you successful, whatever that looks like, will be so much easier if they become things you just do automatically.

Add more only when the existing habits and base foundational skills have been set.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    CW 192.0

@jugar can I please switch my weigh in day to Thursdays going forward? I'm feeling the need to piggyback on the sweat-loss from my Wednesday night hockey games this summer. My pendulum weight just keeps swinging around. I was 2lbs lighter a couple of days ago. I think switching to Thursdays will help my mental state about it all.

I remember a previous discussion on discipline VS motivation. It was great! It's discipline that makes us get up and go to work everyday, not motivation so why is it so hard to just be disciplined with food choices. I struggle with that mindset. I know I lose weight and digest better when I have a smoothie for breakfast instead of an egg sandwich. I know this! But am I disciplined enough to follow through like I am with waking up and going to work? Why not? It really shouldn't be any different. I want to receive a paycheck, hence I work. I want to digest smoothly, hence I should have the smoothie. Why is there a disconnect? Discipline to eat what I should instead of what I want is the adult thing to do.

No one says I can't have that egg sandwich for lunch instead!
This discussion has been closed.