WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    I will weigh on Sunday this weekend, too bloated today lol

No problem - just try to be early enough that it will count for this week. Should be no problem since you live several time zones later than I do!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    5/19 exercise:
    31 minutes Peloton + 12853 steps
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    PW 232.8
    CW 230.0

I lost more body fat on my inbody scan but I still lost a very small amount of muscle again. Kinda annoying but I am going to focus on getting my heart rate above 70% much more often during workouts. I hit this range but not as much as I should. My resting heart rate is 62 so it's a big climb to get up there! I haven't worn a heart monitor in years but I do remember my heart rate recovery is really quick so maybe my rest times need to be less restful? IDK but I guess this is my new goal right now.
  • conleywoods
    Options
    The book Influencer is by Kerry Patterson and David Maxfield.

This is a mindset/self-help type book. I have not read it my self yet but it is on the list!

An influencer is someone who has the ability to change their behavior or the behavior of others.

This book proposes that people do things for two reasons: motivation and ability. It looks at can you make the undesirable desirable.

How many boxes can you check from the following list? The more you check the more likely you are to meet your goals

1️⃣ PERSONAL MOTIVATION: On a scale of 1-10 how motivated are you to reach your goals? If you're not all in what can you change to make your goals more desirable or interesting.

2️⃣ PERSONAL ABILITY: Do you have the skills and confidence to pull off the vital/supporting behaviors to reach your goal?

3️⃣ SOCIAL MOTIVATION: Do you have people in your immediate circle that are impacting your ability to reach your goals? Peer pressure or food pushers?

4️⃣SOCIAL ABILITY: Finding strength in numbers. Who is your tribe of 5? Do you have people who can hold you accountable?

5️⃣ STRUCTURAL MOTIVATION: All things non human and all about your environment. Does your environment encourage the right behavior? This section also includes rewards and incentives. Do you have rewards that inspire you?

6️⃣ STRUCTURAL ABILITY: Do you have the physical tools you need to reach your goals?
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @conleywoods Very interesting. You'll have to let us know once you read the book!
    Interesting how social is so important it's on there twice! I know this rings true for me - what goes on around me can have an influence. I have definitely had to create a setup that leads me to success despite the changing circumstances of those around me, and now that I'm more out in the world again, this hsa become even more important!

I got another Peloton ride in today - this time I got a 45 minute PR. It's fun when you're at the start of new power zones and you get to set new PR's in all the classes. We will be at the trailer so I'll have a couple days off the Peloton for sure... gonna be relying on my good ol trusty friend walking and maybe some light weights! Unless we bring the road bikes.. not sure. It's going to be a busy one! Enjoy for those of you who have a long weekend like I do!
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of discipline vs motivation. I know that I lose my motivation after a couple weeks...even if I am losing weight. And with a lot of weight to lose, I wouldn't have enough motivation to last!

This week was good overall. I was craving sweets all week but I managed to persevere through and not buy anything! I made some sugar free chocolate pudding, even though that didn't fully satisfy my craving.

I have meals planned out decently well, but what do you all like to eat for snacks? Something filling but decently low in calories?
  • jugar
    Options
    lauren_989 wrote: »
    I have meals planned out decently well, but what do you all like to eat for snacks? Something filling but decently low in calories?
    Great question! I try to keep snacks high in fibre and not too triggerish. Slices of apple with almond butter. The apple is finite, which really helps! Veggies and hummus. Pickles (OK, not filling, but good at putting a line under the previous food and making it easier to stop).

I lost more body fat on my inbody scan but I still lost a very small amount of muscle again. Kinda annoying but I am going to focus on getting my heart rate above 70% much more often during workouts. I hit this range but not as much as I should. My resting heart rate is 62 so it's a big climb to get up there! I haven't worn a heart monitor in years but I do remember my heart rate recovery is really quick so maybe my rest times need to be less restful? IDK but I guess this is my new goal right now.
    You should be proud that your recovery is quick! It is a lot of hard work for some people to get there. Shorter rests are needed in that case - go for it! And rest just means normal pace, not stop :smiley:

I'm so sad to be heading home tomorrow! It has been great to hang out here with the daughter and the critters. But the home stuff calls too - time to get the rest of the garden in over the next couple of weeks. I love riding every day, though. Today Jasper had his first ride on a "trail" - with another horse, outside of any ring, in an area he had not walked with his own feet. He was awake, curious, a tiny bit distracted, but he did really well! Fun.

OK gang, the Saturday is coming.... I'll be travelling all day, so get the rest of the week's numbers in by the time I'm back on the case, OK?

@EvMakesChanges
    @ells_bellz
    @Pearl4686
    @happimess01
    @micki48
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359
    @lauren_989
    @once_mas

Tally ho!
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW: 182.0
    Safe travel home!
    I’m still getting used to working in a humid pool environment. Drinking enough water is crucial. Sometimes, I take a long nap as soon as I get home. I figure that’s the dehydration talking. Today, I wasn’t as tired as yesterday so I know it helps. Anyone live or work in humid areas? Any suggestions for it?
    Falling asleep now. Big hugs to us all.
    As is said, “Easy does it…but, do it!”
    Xoxo
  • conleywoods
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 Great job on the peleton! It feels like you've got a serious PR streak going on lately.

@lauren_989 i do an evening snack every day. I usually use it to fill in my macros for the day. Lately I do a lot of 1% cottage cheese and berries or plain fat free yogurt with berries on days I need protein and some carbs. If I need more carbs and fats I do avocado on sourdough or multi grain rice crackers with avocado. Sometimes I have fruit and dark chocolate or apples and almond butter. I also have protein shakes but not as often.

@jugar I'm so sorry you have to go home! It's not fair! Hugs to you and I hope you have your next visit penciled in soon.

@EvMakesChanges i think working in a humid place would be very challenging! Have you tried the cooling bananas that have the beads that you soak in water? I have one for hiking. Is water enough or do you need an electrolyte beverage mixed in? If you are sweating more than you realize your cell chemistry may be askew. I'm sure they have healthy versions of Gatorade out there!
  • eggfreak
    eggfreak Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    @jugar CW 164.9
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 498 Member
    Options
    PW: 217.6
    CW: 217.6

My weight went up and down during the week. Kinda disappointing I stayed the same.

Thank you for the great snack ideas!!
  • kellie_erin
    kellie_erin Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    CW: 189.3

It was lower earlier in the week, but at least it's better than last week.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    The Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and ready to start on 5/22/22. Join us for fun, new ideas with Nutrition Bingo. AND there's a prize...hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865016/may-week-4-group-challenge-nutrition-bingo#latest

Jessica
  • veronica1359
    veronica1359 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    PW=188
    CW=188
    Steps week 15-21
    Sunday= 2,350
    Monday=13,663
    Tuesday=10,587
    Wednesday=2,422
    Thursday=10,960
    Friday=15,083
    Saturday=0

• ashleycarole86
    Options
    Thanks @veronica1359

Today was full of a lot of food temptation. I navigated well, but it was effort! Tomorrow, a new bank of calories for me to use will be there - a good reminder when I'm delaying the gratification and feeling grumpy about it.

Hope everyone had a nice Saturday
  • jugar
    Options
    If you're really quick there is time to get your weigh-in for Week 3! I'm doing the tallies later than usual, and there is still a bit of time to squeak in...
    @Pearl4686
    @happimess01
    @once_mas

Sunday folks - @BlissfulK has you off to a great start :smiley:
    @deniners2
    @YinxFed
    @Gidgitgoescrazy
  • deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 789 Member
    edited May 2022
    Options
    PW 148