Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,943 Member
    I've been thinking about the "I suck" comment. We've all said it, or something like it. So for anyone who has been hearing that negative voice lurking in the shadow, it's time to overcome. If you've been beating yourself up, do something for your self esteem. Do something - I'm thinking exercise here. It doesn't matter what you do or how long you do it. Right away, you get to say "I did it". One less thing to beat yourself up about. Keep doing it everyday and you change your life. Doing it. It's not a wish. It's not a hope. Just doing it, no matter what, is overcoming. If you start today and you don't stop, you will never have to be at Day One ever again.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    We returned from our long travel last night and the scale was +8lb, most of it I’m sure is water. I had water retention before, but nothing like that. My legs and arms were so swollen, the skin was shiny 😁. I was wearing compression socks and still came out as a piñata. Now I’m down 3 and plan to go for a walk before the crazy temperatures start.
    Thank you all for your well wishes and enjoy the remaining of this weekend!
  • gwamajtw91
    gwamajtw91 Posts: 137 Member
    gwamajtw91
    Friday
    PW: 165.6
    CW: 165.6

@trooworld @Cornanda
    I'm up for the challenge:
    1. 64oz water
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Stop eating by 7:30pm

Let's do this 💪
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @bgame4 @Digger61 Congrats on the losses!

@laurelfit57 Thank you! I am glad I can work out on the Tonal as well. I appreciate your support! I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well. I can relate to that. It's very hard to function when you aren't getting enough sleep. That's good to know that hormone therapy helped you, my insomnia is from menopause, too. I hope your sleep improves. I know you will figure out maintenance. You've got this! <3

@GabiV125 Welcome back! Yeah I bet that's water weight from traveling, I've heard you can retain water from flying. And not to mention eating in restaurants.

@gwamajtw91 Yay! Great goals for the challenge. Thanks for participating!

Hi all. I hope you are enjoying your weekend and not letting it become your weak-end. Last night, my husband and I indulged in some Mexican food we made at home. It was really good and I enjoyed it quite a bit but I'm back at it today. I'm going to do another workout today and then some meal prep.

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments:
    Work out at least once a week
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    n1bx52w74edw.png

q2pps8e12ys4.png
    dycs4x156v7l.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    huq8df3e1dem.png

By Pounds
    tlcelalb68gi.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    dxxniw3buykc.png

By Pounds
    rskvvcoc5zyn.png
    ar8fn0fic47e.png

Team Winners
    c86jq5r3qsun.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. laurelfit57
    Weigh in day. Sunday
    PW. 136.6
    CW. 137.5
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Hi Team! Things are going OK at the moment so I’m thankful for that! Yesterday, Joe and I went to see the new Downton Abbey movie. It was soooooo good!! If you’re a fan go, see it! :grin: Tonight, we are having a Mexican Fiesta church potluck. I’m making Taco Sliders, which should be very tasty and a big hit. I put Joe down for a nap so hopefully, he will have fun this evening and not fizzle out on me too soon. :)

I am totally down with the summertime challenge, but I am going to modify it to fit me. I will start tomorrow and stay committed for 20 days. That will take us to when Joe’s youngest son and his family come for a two-day visit. I will have those two days off and then recommit until June 21st. Joe’s oldest son is coming on the 22nd for a four-day visit.
    I commit too:
    • 16 hours minimum fast
    • NO sugar/snacks
    • Workout at least 4 days a week, not including church cleaning.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 467 Member
    edited May 2022
    @micaroo4 well said. I know that exercise has definitely been my saving grace over this last couple of years.

@gabiV125 travelling in planes can be brutal! It is amazing how much we can retain both from flying and then eating out can be so high in sodium. Good for you for getting walking before the heat sets in. The day after I travel I tend to be a little bit slothlike🤣

@trooworld 😋 Mexican food. Mexican food is definitely a weakness of mine! Good for you for getting back to your tonal again today and doing meal prep. You are really setting yourself up for a successful week!

@TeresaW1020 sounds like you have the summer challenge figured out to fit your life, good on you! I really want to go see that movie, I’ll have to see if it’s still playing next week! Taco sliders sound delicious, could you share the recipe?

What a difference some sleep can make! I got my solid six hours last night and I feel fabulous :-) :-). Went over to the farmers market and got some fresh veggies to meal prep a couple of salads for the week :-). My cousin is over tomorrow for dinner and she is on weight watchers so I am going to try to make a pasta salad that is weight watcher friendly and a Greek quinoa salad that is weight watcher friendly. It has changed quite a bit since I was on it last. I read on here about the free app that is similar to WW, so hopefully that will set me up for success :-).
    Got out on a bike ride this morning, then did some more backpack training with Vannie this afternoon. I was able to snap a couple of pictures:-). I am hoping to actually get her out on the bike with me next week.

vkcxpawz9tgh.jpeg

wbuadznao5v0.jpeg

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Here is the link to our registration for June ...Please encourage friends or share the link to join our awesome team ...Thanks :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865076/registration-for-new-members-june-2022#latest
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS... You have a new member joining your team ...Please welcome @LeahIsALoser :)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @trooworld So happy to hear you worked out with no headache, that's awesome! Heck yeah, sounds like you had a great day! Mexican food sounds amazing, yum!

@Cornanda Love the challenge, I'll post it at the end of this!

@laurelfit57 Oh man an entire week not sleeping well is rough, I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. It is a whole way of learning how to eat, it's been a few years for me now and I'm still trying to figure it out. Hope your weigh in day goes well! So glad to hear you got some good sleep. It's wonderful to have a family member or friend who is also eating healthy. I love seeing Vannie with you, she's so precious! That's too fun, I'd be grinning ear to ear if I saw you two out riding!

@micaroo4 I agree with you about I suck, I used to say things like that about myself all the time. My therapist told me once we trap ourselves feeling ashamed and can't be very proactive when we're hating on ourselves which is true. I took a holistic health class first before all my psych classes that talked about negative thought stopping, it helps a lot.

@GabiV125 Oh wow, hope you're back to normal soon, welcome back! The plane flight can definitely cause weight gain too, I know that happened for me.

@digger61 @trooworld @judiasverdes Way to go team!

@TeresaW1020 So happy to hear things are going good for you and Joe and you went to the movies together, that's awesome! The potluck sounds awesome, hope you two have a blast!

@LeahIsALoser Welcome to Slimpossibles, great name! I always say in here it's the one time you're happy to be a loser so I love you already! I can tell from your post you're a wonderful writer, you should journal about your experiences losing and the highs and lows of it and what you discover about yourself, I bet it would make a wonderful inspirational story for others to read (unless you prefer fiction of course!). For me being part of this group and MFP I've been way more open and outgoing than I normally am and it helped me blossom in many other areas, I wouldn't be as far as I am today without the support of MFP and all my amazing friends here. Just a thought, happy to have you here! And we have to see the kitties, the rest of the family is up to you but we love pets! You're beautiful, I love your hair and outfit!

Hi everyone, happy Sunday night! I went to the mall at 9:45 like a dork on a Sunday, I had no clue it doesn't open until 12, I took my walker too so that's really annoying getting it out of the trunk for nothing! I went to Old Navy and bought jeans and tank tops then later I went to Macy's and got a lipstick. I don't remember if I vented about it here but I had two Macy's gift cards frozen and have been trying to get them activated since December, the cheapest one was so I used that but the $50 hasn't been, I'm going to send them 100 emails with pictures of it and all my info, it's really irritating me since it's my present I can't use! Anyhow, I'm trying to catch up now that I had two board meetings of stuff to do minutes for and want it done before my concert, one's taken care of. The cannabis tea helped my brother sleep and with pain and he tried an Epsom salt bath finally and sent me a message thanking me for helping him so much and said I was the best big sister, that's the mushiest thing he's ever said to me! I seriously screenshot it to save. He's more sentimental right now for sure, I'm the mushiest one in my family and just in cards so it's a little weird but sweet. Food was great today, I didn't do the best at the potluck yesterday but had a blast with my neighbors, luckily the grouch wasn't there. We're talking about doing a music trivia night as a team with neighbors which would be awesome! Not much else going on, have a great Monday everyone!

Oh yes, my challenge: drink herbal tea with tumeric etc, do PT stretches twice a day, start doing my earth energy meditation again
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS....Another new member heading your way .. Please welcome @Frutoschrysalis :)
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    @Katmary71 Thank you so much for the warm welcome! You're very kind! I actually have thought about keeping a diary/blog and it would likely be a helpful tool to keep me on track as well.

That was inconsiderate of me not to post my fur babies! Haha. What was I thinking?? I'll attach some pics now ;)

I'm happy you got to get out and do some shopping yesterday and I hope your gift cards are sorted out, that sounds frustrating. It's good that you were able to use part of your gift and treat yourself. You deserve it! I did the same on Saturday and bought some summer clothes. In the past I have been reluctant to buy anything because I'm "losing weight" (I almost never lost any, though). This time I'm loving myself enough as is to treat myself no matter what stage I'm at in my journey. I'm glad you treated yourself to some shopping and got out to do some socializing with your neighbors, too. Its a nice feeling once you put yourself out there!
  • LeahIsALoser
    LeahIsALoser Posts: 78 Member
    mow0myd3m99p.jpg
    q53wmhwczmil.jpg
    tzfo9r52zxzh.jpg
    jqbp350dmxy9.jpg

The gray and white one on my shoulder giving me kitty kisses is Luna ( sorry about my messy table... Clearly I need to organize my life in more ways than one...)

The orange tabby is Lawrence. They are the coolest cats. Luna is the embodiment of love. Lawrence is a bad boy with a heart of gold... Hmmmm, sounds like a romance novel trope!!!
  • TeresaW1020
    Username:TeresaW1020
    Weigh in week:  Week 4
    Weigh in day:Monday
    PW: 190.0
    CW: 192.4 :/
    Month +/-: +3.6
    Total Loss: 72
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @digger61 @judiasverdes Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard!

@TeresaW1020 I'm glad you had a good time on Saturday and enjoyed the movie. Taco sliders sound yummy, I hope the potluck went well. Yay for joining the challenge and by all means, tweak it to fit you! Great goals.

@laurelfit57 I love Mexican food, too. Living in Southern California, we have plenty of taco shops and restaurants to go to but I like to make it myself because I can tweak it to fit more into my eating patterns. :D Thanks, I am trying! I'm so glad you got some good sleep. Your salads sound delicious. Awwww, the pics are adorable! Vannie looks like she's having fun. So cute.

@LeahIsaLoser Hi and welcome to the team! I have an allergy to exercise lol, so I really have to push myself to do anything. Wow, congrats on your writing success, that's so cool! Hey, chicken-pecking will get it done! The good thing about losing weight and gaining it back is that you know you can do it. Happy belated birthday! You are so cute, I love your smile! Please let us know if there is anything specific we can help you with. Awwww, your fur babies are so cute! I love the toe beans lol. I have one fur baby, a one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy.

@Katmary71 Thank you, I'm excited! LOL that happened to me when my friend was here last year, we went to the mall at 10am thinking it would be open but nooooo. That's super annoying about the Macy's card. I'm glad your brother found some relief. Great goals for the challenge.

Hello all. I worked out again yesterday, who am I? LOL I am planning on working out after I type this. The challenge is real on a Monday morning. I'm still half asleep lol. Have a great Monday!

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out at least once a week - X
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,943 Member
    @LeahIsALoser - Leah, Welcome to Mission Slimpossible! And a very happy 39th Birthday to you - and may your 40th year on planet earth see you reaching all your health and fitness goals! I also love to cook and crochet, and I have 2 beautiful cats of my own. The cat in my profile is my boy Earl!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi MS....You have another new member heading your way ... Please welcome @koda_102 :)
  • TeresaW1020
    @laurelfit57 You and Vannie are soooo cute and you look great! <3 The taco sliders were super easy! I just made up some taco meat, grated some cheese, and put them on those yummy Hawaiian rolls. Once all assembled, I melted a stick of butter and added a good bit of garlic powder, and brushed the tops of the rolls with all that buttery goodness. I sprinkled on some dried cilantro for a little extra color and then baked them loosely covered at 350 for 25 minutes and then uncovered for another 5 minutes. Enjoy! :grin:

@LeahIsALoser Welcome to our group! You will find us very supportive. Your kitties are adorable! :)

@Katmary71 Yes, I remember the Macy’s gift card drama! Don’t give up on getting what you deserve! I’m glad that you were able to help your brother get some much-needed rest. :)

@trooworld Good for you for working out again! Let’s rock this summer challenge! B)

Good morning Team! It’s a dreary rainy day and I have a busy one. I’m going into the office this morning and then grocery shopping. Joe has a dentist appointment this afternoon. The potluck was fun! We only had about 40 people, but everyone had a great time, and my sliders were a huge hit. Someone made chicken fajita sliders and I LOVED those! My weight is way up but today is day one of the summer challenges and I am going to stick to my goals. I even printed out a fun little 21-day challenge that will receive a sticker for each day I do my goals 100%. I ordered 5 of the cutest shirts from ThredUp and only one fits well enough to wear in public. My goal is to get into those shirts! OK, I'm off to work out and then get this day started. Have a great day! :)
This discussion has been closed.