WeightNoMore Team Chat - MAY 2022

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,512 Member
    Here is the link to our registration for June ...Please encourage friends or share the link to join our awesome team ...Thanks :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865076/registration-for-new-members-june-2022#latest
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Steps:
    Still fighting with exhaustion constantly... I'm posting steps while the homemade pizza cooks. *Note homemade, not homade, like stuff in WI. Think I'm kidding? I have photos to prove it.

Sun: 662 (yup, weekend slug)
    Mon: 5015
    Tues: 5965
    Wed: 3749
    Thurs: 3431
    Fri: 5253
    Sat: 4647 (the slug moved!!)

Speaking of moving, I've been doing my PT consistently. Yay! Trying to get walks in at work but I stand up and the phone rings. Eventually, I flee and then I don't have time to do the length I want because I only have 75 minutes before I go home and feel guilty.

I went to out employer sponsored clinic to see if I could find out why I'm so tired all the time. I found out my metabolic panel is...perfect. My blood count is...excellent. My vitamin D levels are...fantastic. My thyroid...just fine. No ideas on fatigue.

On Target goals:
    Water: Pretty close to 100 oz a day...sometimes 80-90, but still respectable.

Movement: Nailed it...at least 30 per day (well, except Sunday), 180, not counting cooking and running around the house.

Sleep: Maybe. I definitely slept more Friday night/Saturday but wasn't feeling great.

Exercise: 30 minutes of PT five or six days is >150. Satisfied with that. My husband watched me do my PT this morning and asked if that was what I did every morning. Yup. He is easily impressed.

Stress relief: I'm not doing well on this. I guess it depends on your definition. I'm doing a work sponsored "mind body" challenge (to earn points for a discount next year and HSA $) and they would count my walking but I kinda think counting walks in two categories is cheating. I've been pretty stressed this week. I should find the time to meditate or journal or something. Take a page out of...hmm...don't remember now which one of you said you journal about things you are grateful for...your book and try that. Without that structure, I'm afraid it would not be stress relief, just stress page vomit. We'll see.

So that's me this week. I neglected to post on last week's targets...I think it was probably similar, just with more steps.

Well done everyone! Let's have a great last week of this challenge month!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi WNM...You have a new member joining your team ...Please welcome @vmccants28 :)
  • icandoit2323
    icandoit2323 Posts: 31 Member
    edited May 2022
    Here is the link to our registration for June ...Please encourage friends or share the link to join our awesome team ...Thanks :)
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10865076/registration-for-new-members-june-2022#latest

If we took part in May, do we need to register for June if we want to continue?
  • melaniedscott

If we took part in May, do we need to register for June if we want to continue?

Nope, the May thread will close, a June thread link will be posted and you will be on the roster automatically. Hoping to see everyone in June!
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    pacsnc6
    Steps
    Sun 4423
    Mon 4069
    Tue 6130
    Wed 5827
    Thu 6045
    Fri 4434
    Sat 3518
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 9,901 Member
    Welcome back @pizzafruit - re-joining for June. It is always good to see friends return :smiley:
  • seltzer_lover
    seltzer_lover Posts: 261 Member
    user name: seltzer_lover
    weigh-in days: Monday
    5/16: 241.9
    5/23: 241.8

A loss is a loss is a loss!
  • melaniedscott
    jugar wrote: »
    Welcome back @pizzafruit - re-joining for June. It is always good to see friends return :smiley:

Yay! Glad to see you return!
    user name: seltzer_lover
    weigh-in days: Monday
    5/16: 241.9
    5/23: 241.8

A loss is a loss is a loss!

That's absolutely right!
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Username: EDTake2
    Weigh In Day: Mondays
    PW (Previous Weight): 189.2
    CW (Current Weight): 187.2

Everything has been busy (work, house, kids) but I have kept track of Calories and have been doing really well with the steps. There was a heat wave this weekend, and i do feel bloated, so i am thinking I might have lost more ... wishful thinking ;)

last week of May...Hope to get at goal of mid 180's ( 186 - 184)
  • pizzafruit
    pizzafruit Posts: 317 Member
    Hi all!
    My name is Mary and I’m back after a long absence. I’ve been retired from banking for 6 years and cared for my husband until he died last October. Having my days free leaves lots of time for old habits to come back into one’s life. I need to focus once again on my health before I have to find someone to care for me.
    I enjoy reading and doing crossword puzzles; I hear it keeps the mind in good shape. I do a little gardening and only a little due to arthritis in my right knee. I’m confident the weight loss can only help in that area.
    I’m looking forward to my challenges, success, and learning from all of you. Thanks for having me.
  • biohazardinc
    biohazardinc Posts: 95 Member

Weight in Day: Monday's
    PW: 211.4
    CW: 211

💖🧡💛💚💙💜

UGW: 145
    May GW: 210

Weights
    5/2: 215.6
    5/9:212.4
    5/16:211.4
    5/23: 211
    5/30:

🌸May GOALS! 🌸
    💖Log food everyday.
    🧡Weight in on Mondays.
    💛Exercise 30+ minutes a day.
    💚Drink 64oz of water.
    💙Walk 6k steps a day.
    💜Take 20 minutes to clean a day.

i am so frustrated with that’ these last two weeks weight is just not coming off like it usually does. I had my period last week but things still haven’t come back down to where I had been. It is truly discouraging.

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Hi WNM ...You have a new member joining your team .. Please welcome @hrodgers5 :)
  • pacsnc6
    pacsnc6 Posts: 978 Member
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
    I need to be moved to the cheer squad for May. My latest CT scan showed new cancer in the liver with a decrease in the size of the original tumor - mixed good and bad news. I start a new round of chemo Thursday with no idea on what to expect from it. I will keep in touch here and try to stay healthy with all the good ideas presented by this wonderful team.
  • melaniedscott
    pacsnc6 wrote: »
    @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
    I need to be moved to the cheer squad for May. My latest CT scan showed new cancer in the liver with a decrease in the size of the original tumor - mixed good and bad news. I start a new round of chemo Thursday with no idea on what to expect from it. I will keep in touch here and try to stay healthy with all the good ideas presented by this wonderful team.

Oh no! I'm glad the original is smaller but a new tumor is bad news. I'll get you moved to cheer. Keeping you in my thoughts!
  • melaniedscott

i am so frustrated with that’ these last two weeks weight is just not coming off like it usually does. I had my period last week but things still haven’t come back down to where I had been. It is truly discouraging.

Way to meet those goal! You know, bodies are weird. Sometimes we do all the 'right' things and nothing happens. It is coming off. Maybe not as fast as you want, but you are going in the right direction. Chin up! You rock!
  • melaniedscott
    pizzafruit wrote: »
    Hi all!
    My name is Mary and I’m back after a long absence. I’ve been retired from banking for 6 years and cared for my husband until he died last October. Having my days free leaves lots of time for old habits to come back into one’s life. I need to focus once again on my health before I have to find someone to care for me.
    I enjoy reading and doing crossword puzzles; I hear it keeps the mind in good shape. I do a little gardening and only a little due to arthritis in my right knee. I’m confident the weight loss can only help in that area.
    I’m looking forward to my challenges, success, and learning from all of you. Thanks for having me.

Woot! Happy to have you back!

Not so much your sad news. So sorry for your loss.
  • MotylekOkruchy
    MotylekOkruchy Posts: 196 Member
    edited May 2022
    MotylekOkruchy
    steps:

Sunday: 21122 (hike day!)
    Monday: 14131
    Tuesday: 24757 (super long walk - enjoying first non-rainy afternoon in days)
    Wednesday: 10874
    Thursday: 16465
    Friday: 11288
    Saturday: 3414 (migraine)

<3Total: 102,051 <3
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited May 2022
    Hi WNM...You have a new member joining your wonderful team....Please welcome @tericarpentier :)
  • shnkrnrynn
    shnkrnrynn Posts: 85 Member
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 227
    CW (Current Weight): 223.5

Steps May 16- May 22
    May 16 - 6754
    May 17 - 6925
    May 18 - 6835
    May 19 - 5069
    May 20 - 9846
    May 21 - 9402
    May 22 - 11921

Total Kms ran last week - 18.48 km

Its a long weekend in Canada and I totally missed the Monday mark.
This discussion has been closed.