WaistAways Team Chat - MAY 2022

Options
1141516171820»

Replies

• BlissfulK
    BlissfulK Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    @jugar

Is there a protocol to how we should weigh in. I noticed my weights are very different before and after exercise. Being consistent in how you weigh yourself would be best, but wondering if there was a criteria for the group to weighing in I didn’t know about. Thanks in advance💫
  • bonnie_red
    bonnie_red Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    CW: 165.4

The past couple weeks have been a struggle.
  • once_mas
    once_mas Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    uai1h9g7j4xw.png

Time for the rest of the Friday weigh-ins and then the Saturday people and the week is a wrap!
    @ells_bellz
    @Pearl4686
    @happimess01
    @micki48
    @bonnie_red
    @eggfreak
    @kellie_erin
    @veronica1359
    @lauren_989
    @once_mas

Thanks!

@jugar
    Saturday
    once_mas
    Pw 64.9 kg
    Cw 65.5 kg

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    BlissfulK wrote: »
    @jugar

Is there a protocol to how we should weigh in. I noticed my weights are very different before and after exercise. Being consistent in how you weigh yourself would be best, but wondering if there was a criteria for the group to weighing in I didn’t know about. Thanks in advance💫

This is a great question. There is no criteria whatsoever, but there are several general practices, all left up to personal choice. I think most people aim for first thing in the morning before eating on the weigh-in day. Some people like to weigh in every day but then make an average for the week, on their chosen day. Some may be a bit more random but as long as the weight is on the right day, it can be before or after eating, exercise, whatever time works best.

I agree with you that there can be some rather large swings during any given day, so pick a time that works for you and stick with it for a while so that you see the progress in the most consistent way possible. There is also no shame in waiting a day after a wild indulgence to see if things can settle down a bit.

There is one thing that is clear no matter the method, though - if you are losing weight, even if it is uneven from week to week, the general trend will be losing. If you are hovering around the same weight for weeks on end, you are not. If you are gaining gradually over a few weeks, you are gaining. There is no timing than can change the longer trends.

In short - experiment! Try some different things, and see what works for you.
  • jugar
    Options
    Hang in there sisters @kellie_erin and @bonnie_red - there are tough weeks like this one, but you'll pick back up as soon as possible!

I had a bumbly rainy day and did not move much. I sure made progress on some grant applications, though, so at least that is not plaguing me so terribly! I hate writing grants, love doing the projects when they get funded. Kind of like losing weight - it is not fun eating completely on plan, tracking everything, making the budgets and doing the hard thinking - but the result is a blast!

June? Let's do this starting tomorrow!
  • jugar
    Options
    @ashleycarole86
    Thanks for your kind words - hope you are having a blast out there in Vancouver! Enjoy every second.
  • EvMakesChanges
    EvMakesChanges Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    It's been a humid day with a fabulous downpour in the middle and the temp then kindly dropped 20 degrees. Thanks!
    My food choices have been good including a real maple soft serve in a tiny cone (baby cone). My daughter and I bought some veggies and flowers for the gardens which we'll all plant over the next couple of days (including bok choy and tomatoes).
    I'm noticing my body feeling stronger and even though my weight hasn't followed suit, I'm confident that June will be a good month of steady weight loss. I'm ready to blast through the next "decade" and by summer's end be closer to my goal of 150. Gaining muscle is the next big thing whilst increasing walking and swimming/exercise. Happy end of May!
  • ells_bellz
    ells_bellz Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Today's weight is

218.9 lbs 🙈

Sorry team for late weigh in yet again 🤦🙈☺️
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    CW 203.5

A gain, but at least it’s better than yesterday.

@conleywoods Thanks for that explanation on Sugar and HIIT and the encouragement. It was really clear. I definitely need to cut back on sugar and increase my heart rate by doing HIIT. Now to find something I like.

Hoping June is better than April and May.
  • jugar
    Options
This discussion has been closed.