Captains Lounge - JUNE 2022

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,061 Member
    @jugar Please move Yukie_OP/SS back to the regular team and out of Support. Thanks—beginning weight and this week’s weigh in already updated. Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Captains, My Captains!! Please spread the word--

Our new and unique Group Challenge begins tomorrow, Sun June 5th. Get creative and join us for 1, 2, 3 Click. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10866189/june-week-2-group-challenge-1-2-3-click#latest

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    Good morning Caps!

I just started working on the tallies, and I know it is going to be one of removing many of the people who signed up but did not show up. I'll put anyone who never posted at all into the drop list, but of course, if they do show up they can go right back to the team no problem. Just let me know here.

This seems to be an increasing problem. I suspect that it is partly to do with more people using mobiles or tablets rather than computers, and the navigation is less obvious when there is less information on the screen. There are the usual other reasons - people signing up for everything in sight when they are new and then only following up on a couple of them, some just not being ready for this kind of structure, etc.

I would love to hear any suggestions about how we can set up the recruitment to make it clearer how to get around, and how we can contact the new people more effectively to get them fully on board. Thanks!
  • jugar
    One thing that really helps to find the lost sheep - most teams already do this, but not everyone. Please post weigh-in reminders, especially towards the end of the week so that everyone who has not yet weighed in gets a notification. Not everyone uses those, but it helps to have the username in a post. Be sure to use the @ so that it all works.

If you want to double check if someone has posted, just put their @username in a post, then when it is on the chat, click the username. You'll get a weird summary page - go to "Replies", click on that, and you'll see the messages the person has posted.

That is how I double check anyone on your reminder list to make sure their weigh-in post was not missed or came in after your reminder. It helps a lot!
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar I've left a message for Susanna527/SS to ask about her weigh day and will let you know what I hear back. I tried to go into the May registration thread but couldn't find it. Do you have access to it? Wanted to see what the original sign up request said. If you do, let me know. Otherwise, I'll revert when I know more. Thanks! Jess
  • jugar
    edited June 2022
    Susanna527 signed up for June, which thread is still there, but you can find all of her posts from anywhere by the method in my last post above :wink:

So here is her message from the sign-up, and she did indeed say Saturday -
    Hello! I would absolutely love to sign up for June 2022's Fat2Fit Weight Loss Challenge and Support Group I joined MyFitnessPal 4 years ago, was super-motivated to lose weight, then I let myself slide due to a series of crushing events. I'm back - ready to tackle my weight issues once and for all.

MFP USER NAME: Susanna527
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: Saturday am
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 200 lbs.
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever): 200 lbs.
    TEAM PREFERENCE: Shapeshifters, but would love to be a part of any team that has room for me

I'm sure if you just post on the team chat to ask her to decide which day is best, she will be there. She seems to have posted a few times now, so at least she is there!

Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar Please switch Susanna527 from Saturday to Monday weigh ins...she posted a weigh in on a Monday and labeled it as Monday thinking that would switch her from one to the other. I will explain the process fully. Thanks! Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar Please switch AC204/SS from NWI to LWI. She posted her weight from Friday and I've updated it. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar Please move Rmyles11/SS from the drop list back to active. I've updated both the beginning and this week's weigh in. Thanks! Jess
  • jugar
    @jugar Please move Rmyles11/SS from the drop list back to active. I've updated both the beginning and this week's weigh in. Thanks! Jess

There is a starting and week 1 weight - should that be a week 2 weight since Monday was yesterday?
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,299 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 I decided to see what happens when you message someone you are not 'friends' with and sent you a message. Did it get to you?
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,465 Member
    @lindamtuck2018 I decided to see what happens when you message someone you are not 'friends' with and sent you a message. Did it get to you?

No. Too bad it doesn’t work.
  • jessicakrall8
    jugar wrote: »

There is a starting and week 1 weight - should that be a week 2 weight since Monday was yesterday?

@jugar Yes...sorry...thought I'd updated correctly...I'll fix the beginning and wk 1 to be the same and put wk 2s in the right spot. I'm so frazzled this week, I'm meeting myself coming and going. Apologies Liselyn!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar I erased the EXC for bearchested and khill875/ss as they're back from vacation and posted their weigh ins. Just letting you know.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar Please EXC izzyred9400/SS for the next three Saturdays as she's leaving tomorrow for a trip to Greece with her family. Thanks! Jess
  • jugar
    The Week 3 Group Challenge is up and ready for Sunday! Join in if you need some more accountability to stick to the little numbers that add up to the future you!

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10866779/june-week-3-group-challenge-magic-numbers/p1?new=1
  • lindamtuck2018
    @jugar
    I made a mistake this week and didn’t enter two peoples weight on the spreadsheet. Please remove the NWI from laura9400 and morethanjustanumber. The correct weight is entered now. I apologize as I have not been feeling well and have definitely been off my game. Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    @jugar Please switch the NWI to LWI for kcpond/SS. I've updated his weigh in. Thanks, Jess
  • lindamtuck2018
    @jugar
    Please change nekishaearly637 to a LWI. I entered her weight in the spreadsheet.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @jugar
    Tahm42 is travelling without access to a scale. Please excuse her. Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.