snowshe Posts: 23 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Good luck everyone--we can do this!
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited June 2022
    Options
    ONCE AGAIN WELCOME TO OLD & NEWBIES. Sorry for the lateness but still struggling with this COPD-ASTHMA flare ups and now due to all the coughing I'm having back spasms๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜’. Even though it's going on 7 weeks I'm still remaining positive that this too shall pass. . .eventually๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ๐Ÿ˜Œ
    Hello everyone. Iโ€™ve been helping Gloria. My name is Vicky. I am 47 married with 2 sons. Iโ€™ve struggled the past few years getting back on track. . . We got this!

WELCOME BACK Vicky, truly appreciate all that you do. WE are in this together rooting for your success ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ
    Gloria and Vicky thank you for the support you show to Team Slimsons. When we are doing our individual weight loss journeys you can forget you are not the only one facing the same challenges. I guess what I am trying to say with the Slimsons "You are not alone." I truly appreciate the support and motivation. . . Lost weight 4 times in my life. The fifth time now is not a quick fix. So I keep on trying.
    Looking forward to June.

Thank you and Welcome back Mary it's not easy being a caregiver for someone else and it's hard to squeeze time in to take care of your of needs but you're doing it ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ rooting for your success to not only lose it but be healthy while losing it. Be encourage no matter how slow the process may seems. WE ARE DEFINITELY IN THIS TOGETHER! ROOTING FOR YOU! ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ

Hello everyone! I'm excited to join the team.
    My name is Melissa, 47. . . Looking forward to group accountability to nail down the food tracking and strength training!

Welcome Melissa. Awesome Goals and looking forward to having you in this group. Remember WE ARE ROOTING FOR YOU & YOU GOT THIS!
    Hi fellow Slimsons :) I am excited to join this challenge as a new member. I am struggling to lose weight and have bad knees but want to get healthy. Last Valentine's day 2/14/2021 I received the gift of a kidney transplant so now am ready to try to lose the weight I need since I finally have the energy to do so. We can do this! Hi to all fellow Slimsons.

Welcome! Wow the gift of a Kidney is a miracle, glad to hear that you're healing nicely truly a survivor. I also have bad knees so I cannot do stand-up exercises or walk very long right now so making use of YouTube free chair exercises. Be encourage YOU GOT THIS๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ Looking forward to having you in this group.
    Hi! I am excited to be joining the challenge. I am 45 years old and beat breast cancer last year! I want to get to a healthy weight so I can lower my chances of recurrence. I have about 35 pounds to lose to get to a healthy weight and I would like to lose 50 pounds. . .

Welcome Welcome Wow another survivor ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ I know this journey could not have been easy and I glad you're here to allow us to be apart of your continued journey to get healthy. Remember to just take it one day at a time and stay motivated as you continue to get healthier. ROOTING FOR YOUR SUCCESS.๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿพ๐Ÿซ‚๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿพ
    Hello all! On to another month of making good habits stick. . . am now a whole year into creating a healthier lifestyle. . .I have lost 55lbs . . .proud of the non scale victories. I love the strength and endurance Iโ€™ve gained from exercising regularly and that I can go up hills and on hikes without feeling like I am dying. I have more energy. . . get back to roasting more veggies, drink more water and be consistent at doing my basic strength training routine at least twice a week.

Welcome back!๐Ÿ˜€ I love your Non-victory Goals! Rooting for your continued success.
  • gjaholy33
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Daily Post

Sunday 6.5.22

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 32 minutes of Calisthenics
    Water 110oz
    Steps 11, 077

Monday 6.6.22

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 19 minutes of Calisthenics
    Water 120oz
    Steps 11,191
    Goals/Comments: I spent the morning creating new recipes ๐Ÿ˜‹ Sweet Potato Chowder and Tex-Mex bean chili made 3 different meals. I am trying to get away from the diet culture of one of the rules of eating the same thing over. So I have a choice to switch up my foods. Still a work in progress but enjoying being free from restrictive foods.

Tuesday 6.7.22

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 80oz
    Steps 5,894
    Goals/Comments: Didn't drink as much and spent more time on submitting my paper for 1st Assignment was late due to my back spasms but that's why I have insurance of Special Accommodation so I get 4 extra days to submit my work only needed 1 this time. So far Sporting an A in my course now the hard part would be keeing it ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ So no workout today I'll make it up tomorrow. I still have to go very slow with my chair exercises as not to exacerbate my coughing and breathing. It's a challenge but slowly and steady is the name of the game right now.
  • Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Bemybestby60
    June Challenge Week 1
    Wednesday weigh in
    Previous weight 189 lbs
    Current weight 185 lbs
    My clothes fit the same. I still feel bloated but know it is about the bread I eat after dinner. No more bread after dinner for next week.
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Daily. Tuesday June 7/22
    Track. Yes
    Calories Under. No
    Exercise. Yes

• chardonais21
    chardonais21 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Chardonais21
    Week 1
    PW - 167.4
    CW - 167.3

(SW 177.4)
    Total loss to date - 10.1lbs
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Wednesday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under and no bread after dinner
    Exercise yes moved furniture and ripped the carpet of the stairs. Next time I will pay for it.
  • gjaholy33
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Daily Post
    Wednesday 6.8.22

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise yes 18 minutes of Calisthenics
    Water 80oz
    Steps 10,703

Had a migraine ๐Ÿ˜ซ ๐Ÿ˜ฉ for most of the day. Good news I score an A- on my first assignment yay!

You know I always look for the positive ๐Ÿ˜Œ no matter what

2ngfbzxr5mps.png
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Wednesday 6/8
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise heavy cleaning, walking
  • snowshe
    Options
    Daily Post (Wednesday 6/8)
    Track: yes
    Calories: Yes (over)
    Exercise: no
    Goals/Day/Comments: ate at Chinese buffet went over on caloriesโ€”did not have goal today
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Thursday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and under... and no bread.
    Exercise yes washing walls and moving furniture.
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Thursday 6/9
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise yes
  • snowshe
    Options
    Daily Post (Thursday 6/9)
    Track: yes
    Calories: Yes (under)
    Exercise: no
    Goals/Day/Comments: goal was to be under the calorie count
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Sunday is my chosen weigh in day so I am making my weekly post. (If this needs to be posted somewhere please let me know---thanks )

Username: snowshe
    Week: June Week 1
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    PW: 232.2 lbs
    CW: 231.8 lbs
    docbeauty1
    Week 1
    PW: 184.6
    CW: 184
    Hi! I am excited to be joining the challenge. I am 45 years old and beat breast cancer last year! I want to get to a healthy weight so I can lower my chances of recurrence. I have about 35 pounds to lose to get to a healthy weight and I would like to lose 50 pounds to give me a little wiggle room.

Username: kkay2345
    Week: June Week 1
    PW: 181 lbs
    CW: 179.8 lbs

Nice losses
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, Iโ€™ve been a little MIA this week. Itโ€™s been a really challenging week emotionally for me. Today is 20 years that my mom passed and on mon it will be 1 year that my brother passed.
    My younger son is graduating HS tomorrow and although a happy emotional day, still very emotional for me. My MIL came into town yesterday (is staying with us for 2 weeks) and my sister came into town yesterday for the graduation as well. (Sheโ€™s only staying til sun). So weโ€™ve spent the beginning of the week cleaning and stuff.
  • Bemybestby60
    Options
    Daily Post Friday
    Track yes
    Calories yes and over
    Exercise yes walking
    I had raisin bread after dinner. So I lasted 2 days not eating bread after dinner. Tomorrow I will start again.
  • GoUBear
    GoUBear Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    GoUBear
    Saturday
    June Week 1
    PW: 154.0
    CW: 153.2 lbs
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110