Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    Weekly weigh in

Morethanjustanumber
    Weigh in day Saturday 6/11

PW 226.2
    CW 225.6

Loss .6

Nice loss! You have definitely are not stuck at the weight that caused you problems in the past. What do you think you did differently this time around than previous weight loss attempts?

Hmmm that’s a really good question. The one thing I am doing now that I never tried before was IF. I can’t help but wonder if I have healed or am healing my insulin resistance this time around. I am not snacking at all and eating only two meals per day.

I also am trying to consciously reduce my stress levels with focused breathing, meditation, walking the prayer labyrinth, etc. I am monitoring my sleep and the quality of my sleep this time around.

I’m drinking plain filtered water, not adding anything for flavoring at all which is part of the IF protocol and maybe that has made some difference. I do think that not having flavoring helps to not trigger hunger. I am starving after having just a small sip of grape juice for communion on Sunday morning. Usually I don’t have lunch until much later but after communion I have to go home and eat. So flavored water was probably triggering hunger and snacking even though I didn’t realize it.

I’m not exercising as much this time around. In the past I walked 15k steps a day and did more other focused exercise, maybe too much cardio. Right now I try to limit my focused exercise to 45-60 minutes per day 5 days a week. I would like to walk more than I am doing now but it’s hot and humid here in the south so I’m in the summer doldrums.

I am trying not to over do the fruits this summer, limiting to one serving per day, fructose is not my friend, it makes me hungry. So I am using an apple or a serving of berries as a dessert at the end of one of my meals if I feel like I need something more.

I’m not losing as fast right now but I am so happy to be still losing when I am below 230 as I stalled there before for so long. When I look back at this list I see I am doing a lot of little things different this time around. Who can really say what makes the most difference maybe, it is not any one thing but the combined effect of a lot little things.

I highly recommend Leslie Sansone walking dvd's ...I mute her music put on my own music and go to town ...You can find them on Amazon, Walmart etc .. you can get 1 mile ones all the way up to I think 5 miles ... I have quite a few of her dvd's ...
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,508 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Downsizers we are at the top of the leaderboard!

Big cheers to @Megan_smartiepants1970 and @nekishaearly637 for having the highest percentage weight loss for the team.
    Congrats to @Cheesy567 for losing the most weight for the entire F2F group.

Thanks Linda :)

Your welcome. Thanks for the congratulations!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited June 2022
    Options
    Question: When did you start struggling with your weight? What age did you try your first diet?

I never had a weight problem until I had my second child at 23. I was 120 pounds when I joined the military and around 160 after I had him 6 years later. I did gain about 10 pounds of muscle in boot camp so I probably tried my first diet at 18. I was at a healthy weight but all the girls were dieting. We did the egg diet.
  • nite_0wl
    nite_0wl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    06/11: 2,879
    06/12: 3,788
    06/13: 2,978.
  • nite_0wl
    nite_0wl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Question: When did you start struggling with your weight? What age did you try your first diet?

I started struggling when I started going through menopause and then my mother moved in with us, my stress went through the roof. Between those two things I rapidly packed on the pounds. I was in my early 40's at the time.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @MadDuck62
    Fantastic loss!

@Jpedno
    Looks like you did lots of walking. Look at those pictures as motivation to be healthier by your next vacation.

@nite_0wl
    Nice loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/13
    Step count 5912
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options

I started struggling in my mid 20s. I got a g/f and a car so I got lazy. My first "diet" was about 29 when I went into treatment to try to stay in the military.
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I survived another hated Monday.
    Check in for 6/13:
    Calories 2151 or close. I thought I ate more calories but I can't see what I missed.
    I got that dam tube out. Woohoo. I still have a lot of edema. My lower legs are my 500 pound leg size. I have a lot of work to do to get them down. Dr said a week before walking or gym. I think it's been a week, right? Maybe a slow stroll of a couple miles to work the scars a bit.
    I weighed myself for my first accurate weight since may 6th. 232.8. I only gained 10 lbs. With my highly intake of food and protein, no exercise and swelling I figured it would be higher by far. I still want to be on the sidelines for my weight until I can start my exercise and slow my eating.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/13: 21,083
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

aactuallyaash
    tuesday
    PW:217.8
    CW:218.4

Took my measurement late in the day 🥴
  • rwood566
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all are doing well.
    @tahm42 sweet Vaca. Sorry about that dive partner. Great thinking about calling your trainer.
    Check in for 6/14:
    Calories - 1850??? Don't know where I am going wrong. Maybe not counting the serving size right? To full to eat more. Thinking of hitting sea world tomorrow. Will walk slowly and sit down a lot. We will decide after breakfast and the grocery store. No rollercoasters if I go.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Will catch up on post when I get home. It’s my birthday so I am off to celebrate with the family tonight.
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/14
    Step count 5399
This discussion has been closed.