Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Replies

• DanielleHeitzenrater
    DanielleHeitzenrater Posts: 36 Member
    @Katmary71 he loves the beach and he loves the ice cream stand also to get his pup sundae when he sees the ice cream place he starts to whine he is a bad influence :D he is a big baby though he also thinks he is a human he watches tv at night and likes to sit in his rocking chair which he broke and needs fixed!
    e3ijez1fxoqe.jpg
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    edited June 2022
    @Frutoschrysalis it is rough with kids I understand that one I have been battling mine to try and eat healthier they will with some things but not all!!! it is still a win for you and also the important thing is you are trying and that is always the first step and confronting the issue instead of letting it go I know it is upsetting but it happens to all we are only human but you are here and that means you want a change for the better!! keep up the good work you are doing great! I wish I was down to that weight again it has been so hard to take any off it is coming slowly but it is hard. I hope your baby feels better that is always hard when they don't feel good I always feel bad when mine are sick!!
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,809 Member
    Krea4
    Monday (sorry it's late)
    PW: 70.70 kg 155.9 lbs
    CW: 72.00 kg 158.7 lbs

Well..... even though we did lots of walking in Prague, we also did a lot of eating 🤣 I'd like to think it was new muscle mass but that would be delusional. We had a brilliant time so it was all worth it. Now I need to focus on the weight loss.

I've started a new challenge with a friend who is also super competitive so I hope this will keep both of us on track! We aim to lose 10kg by September.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @laurelfit57 Good luck with the carpets, sounds like you did awesome today with your goals!

@tupsundus half a pound is pretty awesome especially being surrounded by a snack you love!

@trooworld So happy you're in the zone, yes! It's amazing how hard it can be to get back into it then when you're in it things don't seem as difficult.

@Frutoschrysalis So glad your son likes being outside with you, that makes getting your steps way easier.

@DanielleHeltzenrater Ruger is too cute for words, oh my gosh I'd give that baby a ton of treats with those eyes! I love him sitting in that chair, that's hilarious!

@krea4 Haha, so glad you had fun, sometimes it's worth a little gain! My last big vacation I put on 7lbs of muscle but it came off pretty fast. Glad you and your friend are doing a challenge together, they're so fun!

Hi everyone, moving through another week! I did my workout and went to the farmer's market for some peaches (can't eat seeds so no berries) then stopped by my brother's house and came home for a phone appointment. Not much else new, I'm starting a belly dancing challenge with a few friends on here but one thing after another keeps going wrong, the videos were made private while we all waited to get finger cymbals so I'm finding ones we can put together to have a little fun with it. Not much going on tomorrow, Thursday is real busy so I'll try to get things out of the way tomorrow. Oh I ordered more sunflower seeds from a company so more planting will be happening soon! I'm watering at the food bank farm half of the week for the next few weeks so the head of it can take some breaks. Have a great Wednesday!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    Weekly weigh in
    Username. FushiaKat
    Weigh in day. Tuesday
    PW. 154.3
    CW. 154.3 😁

I'm happy to have stayed the same. I have not been getting in my steps. I've been having a flare for no good reason, it's a just because it can sort of flare. I'm hoping this week to get in more steps. But still I have lost nearly every week since joining MFP, so I don't mind staying the same.
    We installed the new BOSH over the range microwave last night. It was a pain to do. I tested it this morning and it made perfect popcorn 🍿 I didn't have to waste any trying to figure out the best settings for popcorn, it has 3 settings depending on the size of the bag used. It only took 2 minutes to cook a 3-ounce bag. Yesterday I came in FIRST place in the Spring Story / Garden building contest. I was so excited. I would have been happy with Third. I've been reading every day for over a month now.

I love all the pictures of the fur babies, thank you for sharing.

Sorry I have not participated more, but when I'm having a flare, I don't have enough energy to do more than the minimum. Hopefully it will go away this week.

@Cornanda Congratulations to the newly engaged couple Hunter and Michael, I wish them all the good things that life has to offer.

@Katmary71 I'm glad to hear you have not had any complications from your surgery.

@laurelfit57 Whoop Family Fun Time

@TeresaW1020 I'm wishing you all the best with Joe, and I do hope that he is feeling a little better.

@Cornanda Congratulations on the new Job, I hope it's everything you're hoping it will be.

@trooworld There's no stopping you now!! You're on a roll B)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 2,947 Member
    My beloved cat Scout passed away this morning around 4:00am. Everything was normal with him all night. He slept on the bed with me. In the wee hours of the morning, he got up and I heard him get a drink and use the litter box, then he returned to the bed with me. I had a hand on him, kind of petting him in my semi-sleep stage, when I felt him stiffen and shudder, and then there was a gasp, and that was it - he was gone. At least it was a peaceful passing. He was home, with me, no fear, no distress. I think his heart just stopped. I will miss him something awful; I think Earl will miss him too. This is a photo that Rich took of Scout on Sunday afternoon. Scout looks a little pissed off because Rich had been annoying him.
    l5sh5691j6ak.jpg

Scout was almost 15 years old. I adopted him in February 2010 when he was about 2-1/2.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 994 Member
    @micaroo4 - I'm so sorry about the passing of your dear Scout. Sending you lots of hugs. My sweet doggie passed in April and I know how painful it is. Even though our brains know they are old, our hearts don't want them to leave. Remember all the love that happened between hello and goodbye. Lisa
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    Good morning, Team! This will be a quick flyby, but I wanted to at least let you know I’m still hanging on. Our visit with Joe’s family didn’t go as we expected. They showed-up Saturday evening and it was great to see them. They were going to come to church with us but Sunday morning Joe was acting out of his head. I called the ambulance, and he was diagnosed with another UTI. He got out of the hospital Monday afternoon, and we were able to take him to Chuck E Cheese to spend time with his granddaughter, but it wasn’t good. He was so tired and loopy that we barely made it through dinner, and I had to leave and take him home. His son and daughter-in-law were incredibly kind and understanding, but I felt so bad for them. And for Joe and I. We had really wanted this visit! Anyway, such is the story of our lives. Y’all know that we have been in the hospital at least once every single month since last November so at least we got June out of the way. Yeah, I gotta laugh or I might be the one to lose their mind. :/ Sorry to be such a downer. I did read all your posts and look forward to getting back in the conversation soon. :)

@broncobuddee please just mark me as a NWI this week. With everything going on, I completely forgot. :#
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @Frutoschrysalis Wow, congrats on that step count, that's awesome! I hope the baby feels better soon.

@DanielleHeitzenrater I know, it's totally unsustainable and it's breaking my piggy bank. :( Ruger is ADORABLE! I love him! Those eyes! Thanks for posting the pics of him. :D

@krea4 Life happens and you need to enjoy the time, it goes by so fast! I'm glad you had a good time in Prague...I'm jealous!

@Katmary71 Exactly! Have fun with your belly dancing. I always thought I had the body for a belly dancer so I should do it lol. Have a great day!

@FushiaKat I'm sorry you are having a flare. I hope you feel better soon. Yes, you are doing great as it is! I'm glad you can have your popcorn again. Congrats on your first-place win! Thank you for your support.

@micaroo4 I am so very sorry for the passing of Scout. That must have been very shocking, being so unexpected. Hugs.

@TeresaW1020 Oh Teresa, I'm so sorry. Hugs to you as well.

Hi all. Today is the last day I work in the office this week, tomorrow is a work-at-home day, and Friday I am off. I need to be extra careful not to go to the cafe at work today as yesterday, I got a breakfast burrito from there. It's not the end of the world but I can't help but think about how it affects my progress.

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out -
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • DanielleHeitzenrater
    @Katmary71 thank you he gets spoiled rotten lol he loves his puppy butter treats, he gets homemade healthy meals sometimes as well loves veggies and watermelon! he is such a big baby and it is so hot here today so he is laying in the ac!

@trooworld you are welcome for the pics he is def something he is a good puppy he only welps once in a while not to bad he is an inside dog he loves outside during day and sleeps in bed with my husband and I! the gas prices and everything is breaking my bank as well everything is so expensive especially since I have a 9 year old girl and a 14 year old boy they are not cheap haha plus we have 2 cats! we just moved and bought a new house with 6 acres last August so the market was expensive for that but selling our house we did ok!

@micaroo4 I am sorry about your fur baby :( ! we lost both of our dogs last summer within 2 months of each other so it is rough! my Rottweiler was 8 1/2 she had hip dysplasia and cancer very bad and could not walk or stand very well so we lost her in June last year and our Boxer was going to be 11in August last year a week before we moved into our new house he ended up with a heart murmur and he had an aggressive form of cancer and it was backing him up and he would have gone septic so that was an emergency visit there. I miss them everyday still it was def rough and still has been we just got our puppy now in October he will be 1 July 18. I am very sorry for your loss.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @FushiaKat It's one of those flares that happen because you're doing everything right which makes no sense, correct?! I hope you're feeling better soon, I know that's so frustrating. Yes for perfect popcorn!

@micaroo4 I'm so sorry to hear about Scout, huge hug. I'm glad you two found each other.

@TeresaW1020 I'm so sorry to hear about Joe's UTI, sounds like a real rough time for him, he and you have been through so much. As always you two are in my prayers and thoughts. You're doing amazing coping through all of this, I know I said it before but keeping up here and with your church with Joe's health issues you're absolutely amazing in your strength.

@trooworld If you ever want to join in with belly dancing please do, I can send you videos if you want to try it as well! Yeah I have the hips since I'm pear-shaped! With my fusions I know better than to look in the mirror or my flailing around pretending I'm something special is ruined!

@DanielleHeltzenrater Well no wonder he's looking like that, he gets peanut butter treats, I'd look at you like that too! He sounds like he's a lot of fun, one of my cats loves checking out my garden goodies especially the mustard greens which is pretty weird.

Hi everyone! Having a little increased mouth pain, I think it's because I drank lemon water and the acid is irritating so I'm continuing to take IB Profen (don't know why it's wearing me out, maybe just healing but I'm real pale too). Watered at the food bank farm and did stuff around the house and in the yard, not a very eventful day. Tomorrow's busy so I need to get some things done tonight, my summer challenge is done just need to meditate before bed. I need to come up with a small Father's Day gift, may go to Trader Joe's Friday and pick up a succulent garden though I could probably make one, just don't feel like it. Tomorrow's PT and the charity board meeting, weirdly I'm getting advertisements for my business the charity now so I guess when she was licensed she gave all our names and now marketing has my name. Have a great Thursday!
  • RaquelFit2
    RaquelFit2 Posts: 208 Member
    @Katmary71 he loves the beach and he loves the ice cream stand also to get his pup sundae when he sees the ice cream place he starts to whine he is a bad influence :D he is a big baby though he also thinks he is a human he watches tv at night and likes to sit in his rocking chair which he broke and needs fixed!
    e3ijez1fxoqe.jpg

@DanielleHeitzenrater I love this picture. He looks like a little person. 🌷
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,788 Member
    @DanielleHeitzenrater He must take up a lot of room in the bed lol! I know our little Daisy takes up a lot of room and she's only 20 lbs. Congrats on the new house. I'm glad you did okay when you sold your other house. Yeah, hopefully things go down in price soon.

@Katmary71 Thank you, I will think about it! Yeah, I don't know how to belly dance at all lol. Ouch about drinking lemon water. I hope your day isn't too busy. Have a great day!

Hello all. I did NOT go to the cafe yesterday at work! Yay! I did a workout last night. I almost didn't because the Tonal wasn't working right but I worked with Tonal to restart our modem and that fixed it so I did my workout. I also got a WW blue dot for staying within my healthy eating range.

30-Days to Summer Challenge (May 21-June 21) commitments for yesterday:
    Work out - X
    Drink at least 60 oz of water each day - X
    Log at least 2 meals each day - X

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Cornanda
    @DanielleHeitzenrater - your pooch is sooo cute!

@TeresaW1020 - Ohhhh, I'm so sorry to hear that Joe was in the hospital again and when his son and fam were visiting. You are incredibly strong. Don't forget that. I'm sure at times you don't feel that way, so maybe you needed that reminder. Sending you hugs and prayers.

@trooworld - congrats on the Blue Dot and staying out of the cafe and a workout!

I think I planned myself too many things to get ready for my new job. I've pushed and got a lot done. However it lands, I will remember I tried my best and things will definitely be better, just maybe not perfect. And that's OK. I've put up a great week with eating and exercise. Doing well with my summer challenge goals!

Gotta run- busy day ahead!

Lisa
  • judiasverdes
    judiasverdes Posts: 14 Member
    judiasverdes
    Thursday
    PW: 164.3
    CW: 164.9

:/ Annoyed with the gain. I was sick over the weekend, so haven't been working out lately. I was hoping my lack of eating from being sick would cause me to lose weight. Any other older slimpossible members find it harder to lose weight once they have gotten older, or maybe it is from being a mom? I didn't think metabolic rate dropped until 50s? I am only 36 :# When I was in my 20s and didn't eat for 3 days I would have lost at least a pound if not two.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,114 Member
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 137.5
    CW: 137.5

Summer is definitely kicking our xxx around here, with the temperatures AND humidity in the 90’s.
    There’s a park entrance off my street and yesterday took the dog for a walk in the shade. Halfway through our walk we ran into a large group and I took one step to the side, and now I’m bandaged on both legs because of poison ivy blisters ☹️. I should know better, seriously!

• davidji82
    davidji82 Posts: 165 Member
    Hi all

davidji82
    weigh in day Friday
    PW:228.3
    CW:225.7
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 283 Member
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 248
    CW: 247
  • Cornanda
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PS: 167.5
    CW: 166.8

• Cornanda
    @judiasverdes - Maybe your bod is just confused and hung on a bit to protect itself? Now it's a new week on your journey!

@GabiV125 - Poison Ivy- yuck! I bet your glad there's no cicadas this year.

Happy Friday to all!

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.