Downsizers Team Chat - JUNE 2022

Options

Replies

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,503 Member
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Oooooooo I've got a big weight loss number coming this week!

And you got two more days!
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/19: 16,155
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,443 Member
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a warm and sunny day here today. woo hoo! my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i got a strength training session done this morning and i feel great! i try to do some strength training at least three times a week. i went for a walk this afternoon. i donated some extra food to the local food bank drive at the grocery store close to my place. i like helping others. i will definitely do some dancing this evening after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

CW: 325
    PW: 324

A little bit of partying this weekend was magnified by a change in medications. Next week will be better. :smile:

Not sure where I am on recording steps, so I'll go back the past week, @Megan_smartiepants1970

6/13: 9578
    6/14: 8683
    6/14: 9117
    6/15: 8110
    6/16: 9348
    6/17: 8742
    6/18: 7511
    6/19: 8210

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,380 Member
    Options
    We have another new member joining our team .. Please welcome @Eatthefruitnotthecake78 :)
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    6/18 9,630

In about a month I will be seeing my brother. He lives in Berlin and I haven’t seen him in maybe 4 years. I would like to set a goal - normally I am on “the lose .5 lbs a week” track. I wonder if I could actually instead work a little harder and lose 1 lb a week for a total of 4 lbs before he gets here. I’m 5’ tall, 154.2 lbs and right now my base calories are 1368 (I eat more when I exercise).. I am running 4x a week for my half marathon training. Maybe I could add more working out and be more diligent about weekend tracking. I’m usually a little more lax on the weekend and may go out to dinner which makes the tracking less accurate… any thoughts? Does it sound do-able?

Very doable. Try not to eat your exercise calories back. Or just eat a smaller portion of them. Good luck.
  • laura9400
    laura9400 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

6/12 - 10,066
    6/13 - 10,865
    6/14 - 4,791
    6/15 - 6,339
    6/16 - 10,901
    6/17 - 6,707
    6/18 - 5,704
    6/19 - 3,527
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. Sorry I missed the weekend. Dealing with marital strife. Trying to get out and exercise but my lightheadedness has been active since Thursday. Went to the gym this morning. 5 machines with reduced weights, due to 2 months off, but nothing below the waist. I want to wait another week for those. Had to stop after each machine to clear my head. Going for a stroll with the daughter in a bit.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 do I still report my weight here weekly even though I'm in maintenance? If so, can I start up again on Friday? We can use 233.8 as my starting weight since that is from last Friday.

A bit about myself...I have circumnavigated the globe, thanks to the military. As a kid I was in Europe, turkey and Pakistan thanks to the Air force and in the navy I went across the pacific to Asia and the Middle east.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    Hi Roger .... Yes you still weigh in weekly while in maintenance but since you are still on support your weight doesn't count until you are off support ...Please let Linda know when you are ready to go off support ... Are you still wanting to be excused from the step challenge? Please let me know thanks :)
  • jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (June 20, 2022)
    PW: 229.9
    CW: 232.4
    SW: 240

Great father's day weekend but too many meals, drinks & deserts out with family. I weighed myself after eating a big meal so this is artificially high and I should see an offset next week.
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    Hi, im a newbie, joining the july challenge, just wanted to say hi 👋
  • Morethanjustanumber
    Morethanjustanumber Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Date 6/20
    Step count 7108

Yay! 7k now to just keep that up for a while.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    good afternoon everyone! it is a warm and sunny day here today. woo hoo! my daughter says hi to all! both budgie birds are doing well and say cheep, cheep! i got a strength training session done this morning and i feel great! i try to do some strength training at least three times a week. i went for a walk this afternoon. i donated some extra food to the local food bank drive at the grocery store close to my place. i like helping others. i will definitely do some dancing this evening after supper. have a great day, everyone! take care and stay safe.

Do you dance everyday? Strength training is definitely good for you. We are in for some wicked heat the next two days so stay cool.

MadDuck62 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

CW: 325
    PW: 324

A little bit of partying this weekend was magnified by a change in medications. Next week will be better. :smile:
    Not sure where I am on recording steps, so I'll go back the past week, @Megan_smartiepants1970

6/13: 9578
    6/14: 8683
    6/14: 9117
    6/15: 8110
    6/16: 9348
    6/17: 8742
    6/18: 7511
    6/19: 8210

Awesome steps! You know what caused the gain and you are coming off a big loss from the previous week.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone. I hope you all had a great weekend. Sorry I missed the weekend. Dealing with marital strife. Trying to get out and exercise but my lightheadedness has been active since Thursday. Went to the gym this morning. 5 machines with reduced weights, due to 2 months off, but nothing below the waist. I want to wait another week for those. Had to stop after each machine to clear my head. Going for a stroll with the daughter in a bit.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 do I still report my weight here weekly even though I'm in maintenance? If so, can I start up again on Friday? We can use 233.8 as my starting weight since that is from last Friday.

A bit about myself...I have circumnavigated the globe, thanks to the military. As a kid I was in Europe, turkey and Pakistan thanks to the Air force and in the navy I went across the pacific to Asia and the Middle east.

I can get you added in this week or you can start next week with the beginning of the July challenge. Just let me know. Also, do you want to go to the maintenance team or come back the main team? I hope that lightheadness eases off a bit. I am impressed you exercised in spite of the dizziness. That is so neat you travelled the world.
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Monday (June 20, 2022)
    PW: 229.9
    CW: 232.4
    SW: 240

Great father's day weekend but too many meals, drinks & deserts out with family. I weighed myself after eating a big meal so this is artificially high and I should see an offset next week.

Ouch, that would cause a bump in your weight. I refuse to stand on the scale anytime except first thing in the morning.

Hi! Welcome to the team. I really like your username. Look forward to learning a bit about you and cheering you on your weight loss journey. Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 11,918
    Exercise: swim, arms and pool exercises

Yesterday was my best swim in along time. I rewarded myself with an extra long hot tub soak. No pool today as I have to take my husband for his colonoscopy. I am crossing my fingers that the results are good and the other test was a false positive. I am going to try 30 minutes of chair yoga in a few.

Have a terrific Tuesday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Question

How often do you weigh yourself? What time of day do you weigh?
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Twice a week, first thing in the morning after my swim.
  • tahm42
    tahm42 Posts: 4,781 Member
    Options
    Question

How often do you weigh yourself? What time of day do you weigh?

I hop on the scale around 9am on my non swim mornings. 5am is just too early to face the scale. My trainer wants me to stop weighing all together... I just can't do that.
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 6/20: 14,705
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited June 2022
    Options

Welcome to our group ...Glad to have you here :) Feel free to add me if you would like :)
This discussion has been closed.