Introduce yourselves!

1161718192022»

Replies

• nussbaums
    nussbaums Posts: 8 Member
    Im Sara. Im 32 yrs old. I have 4 sons, 14,7,6, and 7 mons.

After I had my 6 yr old son I lost 120lbs and maintained a weight of 130-135lbs for 6 yrs until I got pregnant with my youngest son. I am now struggling to lose the weight that I gained during pregnancy. I was always on the "thicker" side even when I was at my lowest weight, but after being so successful with weight loss before Im finding it very frustrating that I'm having so much trouble losing weight this time around. Cravings that I didn't have before are almost impossible for me to resist these days, and even when I am sticking to a healthy eating plan I'm not losing weight. I have lost 35lbs since the birth of my son. I'd like to lose between 25-30 more to get back to my previous weight.

I am 5'2''
    previous weight 195lbs
    current weight 160lbs
    goal weight 130-135lbs
  • jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    edited August 2018
    Hello all! I am Jill. I am 35, married, and I have one daughter.

This year have been rough for me emotionally. My husband was sick and out of work, I had to have my gallbaldder out, among other things that life throws at you both physically and mentally. I took a huge hit in my sails when it came to my self care and weight loss. I have not been to the gym since about April (when my gallbladder issues started to show). I lost my momentum and have been allowing excuses since to not get stuff done. I would like to lose 21 lb before the new year (or more), that would be an amazing goal to reach. It would put me at a 50 lb loss total, as well as put me back under 200.

I love the outdoors. Fishing especially. I just don't seem to make the time for it lately :( I love hiking, weight lifting, and walking.

I am 5'2"
    Previous Weight: 250
    Current Weight: 220
    Goal weight (at this time): 150
  • bohoT
    bohoT Posts: 37 Member
    I love this idea - I hope I'm not too late to the game?

I'm Anna. I'm adjust to a lower activity level in my life style after retiring from a really demanding sport.

I am 5'5''
    Previous weight: 190
    Current Weight: 177
    Goal Weight: 160 (for now)
  • Edithrenee
    Edithrenee Posts: 546 Member
    Hello! I am 49 yrs old. Just had a BD. Live in SC from WV originally. I have tried to do the count calorie a couple years ago and it never worked. What worked for me was yrs ago in my 20 I lost 75 pound doing low fat eating. It was easier then. Now nothing seems to work. I have a problem eating at night. During sleep!
    Anyway I am 150 and my goal is 125, I am only 5 ft 1 inch so it’s scary to me because I love to exercise, but my feet and knees are starting to feel it. I need to lose this. I love workouts with Cathe Friedrich but had to start going down to intermediate workouts because I can’t keep up every day with her advanced simply due to my feet. I am so bummed about it. I know if I can lighten the load I could go back to it. At least before I get to old to do anything! I love to move because it makes me feel alive.
    I am hoping to find some daily food ideas. I just want simple fast ideas so I don’t need to think about food all the time.
    Thank you!
  • jbirdy76
    jbirdy76 Posts: 161 Member
    Hello group. I am 42 and am a busy momma. I have 4 kiddos 2 adult children and 2 teenage/preteens. I work and am just finishing my degree so have lots of flux in my life but try hard to maintain some sense of order and discipline. That is my constant struggle so these groups and MFP help me with that in general. I have struggled with weight for pretty much all my life and the last couple of years my body has freaked out. I put on 50 pounds in just a few months and it has been killer trying to shed that so I can just get back to a place where my body feels ok again.
    5'4
    216 pounds
    42 years old.
  • mon1905
    mon1905 Posts: 7 Member
    Hey everyone. Im a 30 year old female from massachusetts. Im 5'2. Im around 220 lbs. I was around 130-135 my whole life. I had a bad drug problem, i have been clean for 7 years now!! But ever since i got clean i have been gaining and gaining more weight. I just started mfp 2.5 weeks ago. And maybe looking for a buddy like me. I am an avid animal lover. I love nature and the outdoors. I am a stay at home rescue dog mom. Would really love to find a pal on here. Also would be great to find anyone from ma. To get to know and maybe hike with? Or just someone to chat with long distance on our journey. Thanks!
    -monica
  • Seachange_dogs
    Seachange_dogs Posts: 57 Member
    Hey, I'm E.
    27/F/5'4/SW 187/GW 140(ish)
    I'm a hiker, skier and dog lover who wants to lose some weight to reduce the strain on my joints so I can stay active.
    I've got a short term goal to lose some weight and get in better shape before this winter ski season so that I can enjoy my skiing more. But in the long term I've got a huge life change coming up (moving countries and going back to school), I'd really like to be in the best shape for this new chapter and have the skills and healthy habits to handle this crazy stressful (and excited) set of changes.
    Thanks
  • lotta7e
    lotta7e Posts: 34 Member
    Hi, everybody!

I'm 5'1" and about 136 pounds. I've been trying to live on a low-carb, high-protein diet, and tomorrow I'm starting a 10k training program. I thrive on accountability, and will hold you to your own standards and goals as well. I'm just looking for encouragement, and will gladly return the favor. In particular, I want to stop snacking, especially at nighttime after dinner, when my ability to resist temptation is at its lowest. I do have many tips if you're interested in improving your nutrition.
  • lotta7e
    lotta7e Posts: 34 Member
    BTW, I just turned 29 years old.
  • bernloses2013
    bernloses2013 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi All--Here I am, another new year...another reason to re-motivate to be more healthy. I am a 61 yr. old physical therapist who was 'holding the line' at 180 for several years, yet wanting to get below 170. Somehow last year I gained 10 pounds in the blink of an eye...and so now I am fighting to get below 190! I am feeling this extra weight in my knees, big time! I live in the Boston suburbs. I want to get moving, walking, light exercise like yoga or bike riding...and to eventually lose 20 pounds and STAY THERE! I love nature, photography, the ocean....I would love to find a buddy on here to encourage each other to keep up our momentum and change our lifestyle to be more active. I am too young to feel old! I have 2 grown children, 2 kitties, and 4 laying hens. My boyfriend loves to eat out, which creates a challenge to manage my calorie intake.
  • StinGray768
    StinGray768 Posts: 5 Member
    My name is Gray
    Height is 5’2.25”
    Weight is 108 lbs
    I like to read, draw, and write.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    I’m 74 years old and was doing really well until 2018 then one thing after another took over mainly serious health issues abd all my good work was undone. It would be great to link with someone to exchange notes with. I now have about 56 lbs to lose. Thanks for reading
  • eyaaan
    eyaaan Posts: 11 Member
    edited September 2023
    Hello! Interesting idea to have a 'pair' to motivate & challenge each other :)

Name's Ian (23, 175cm/5'8, 73kg/160lbs), l work from home as a biological data scientist in Malaysia.

I've been working out for a few years on/off at the gym, swim, muay thai...but its only this year when I really sat down & researched all about building muscle & burning fat - and it really paid off! Since February, noticed some muscle growth & progressive overloading on several workouts. My fitness goals is mainly aesthetic honestly, just want to have a lean muscular figure.

Currently doing a weekly '5-day upper/lower split with push-pull-leg' strength training routine. Using MFP for nutrition tracking, Hevy as a workout diary, and Garmin watch as my fitness tracker.

My other pastimes are: being involved in wildlife, reading, and watching movies & catching up on local politics/drama.

My current challenges now are to reach a 5km run in 30mins, calorie deficit with 100g protein to grow lean muscle, and particularly develop my forearms, calves, abs, chest and back.

Hope to meet someone with similar goals to motivate, challenge & exchange tips, advice!
  • snowdancer03
    snowdancer03 Posts: 225 Member
    Hi,
    I'm Andrea and I am rejoining MFP. I used it before to lose 15 pounds in my 20s. I'm now 38 with 2 kids and I need the help. I have gained it all back and need to get into better shape. My motivation includes wanting to teach my daughters (7 and 4 years old) how to live healthy and to gain strength. After 2 C-sections and a busy mom life I have done nothing to regain my strength and I fell horrible about myself all the time. Time to stop complaining about it and change it.