TEAM: The Slimsons (July)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
edited August 2022 in Social Groups
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! I am here for you should you need anything - simply message me or tag me by putting an '@' just before my username (NO SPACES) and I will get to you asap! ~ Ashley @AB0215.

Replies

• Kasymira
    Kasymira Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hello Teammates,
    This is my first time doing something like this, so I am pretty excited! 😊 I have lost weight before but I slowly gained some of it back so I am back at it again. If anyone needs some extra motivation my inbox is always open. GO US!
  • vicky2767
    vicky2767 Posts: 2,472 Member
    Options
    Kasymira wrote: »
    Hello Teammates,
    This is my first time doing something like this, so I am pretty excited! 😊 I have lost weight before but I slowly gained some of it back so I am back at it again. If anyone needs some extra motivation my inbox is always open. GO US!

Welcome
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Hello everyone. Welcome to the new and returning teammates. I’m Vicky. I’ve been helping Gloria these past few months. We are starting July, so 1/2 the year the is gone. I am going to re-assess where I’m at and re-commit myself to this process. I’m not where I wanted to be at this point so I think this will be beneficial. (In theory anyway-lol). Good luck to everyone.
  • gjaholy33
    gjaholy33 Posts: 2,626 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hello Team Slimsons and Welcome to July!!

My name is Gloria @gjaholy33 I will be your captain for this month, which means motivating and keeping track of your weight. I am 43 yrs. old, been on this journey since 2004. It's been a long uphill battle, but I refuse to give up until I meet my long-time goal of 200lbs.

A little about me: I have always been obese since the age of 8 weighing 176lbs. Even with parents and doctors putting me on various diets as a child.

Over the past few years, I've been diagnosed with various diseases (i.e. asthma which has overlapped into COPD ergo the oxygen continuously, gastroenteritis, events & hiatal hernia, acid reflux, pulmonary hypertension, osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol (as of January😥😥), chronic pain in the back and knees). This past three months I've been dealing with migraines, COPD-FLARE UPS and back spasms so have not been as active as I've like so I'll do my best; please be patient with me.

Current Weight: 471bs
    70.2lbs and 55 inches lost overall so far.

When you have God's Power as your strength acknowledge your faults, and then start making one small change at a time.
    THE IMPOSSIBLE IS POSSIBLE!

If interested follow my progress at:
    https://youtube.com/user/gjaholy

Looking forward to reading everyone's post and knowing we will have a successful month. We're in this together 💪🏾❤

Welcome to July and let's make things happen this month together!!

REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!💪🏽💪🏽
    Your Captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33👍🏾👍🏾❤❤

• gjaholy33
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are also going to be running (Optional) Mini-challenges again this month: Question of the Week (assuming I can remember to do that) and Daily Posts

First and foremost is that participation in these challenges is optional. It's up to you as to whether you want to try this. If you don't want to participate in these challenges, you don't have to, the choice is yours, but I would like to encourage you to participate as it seems to help keep us on track and thinking about our goals on a daily basis and it's encouraging to see other's successes and struggles so that we realize that we are not alone!!

The Daily Posts Challenge is based on another challenge on MFP called UAC (Ultimate Accountability Challenge). The way UAC works is that the aim is to follow 5 basic rules.

#1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget.
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. 1 pass day permitted per week (went over calories, could not track, not enough exercise, intentional pass)
    #5. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle".

A side note as there has been a bit of confusion for new members in the past, this is not the same as the official results, which are weight based, this is just another tool to help you reach your weight loss goals.

**REMEMBER**
    You set your own daily budget.
    You choose you own exercise and intensity (no step limit, no exercises you cannot or should not do, 20 mins of gardening counts as much as a 10 mile run, activity is activity, anything that gets you up and moving!).
    Is not weight based (as weight fluctuates day by day).
    Can continue beyond weight loss.

Daily check in keeps you in touch with those doing similar. Longer term weight management is hard to do on your own.

It also has frequent resets (as in a circle each week).

It works on an honor system. Being honest with yourself and others is a key to making things work. Remember, this is a judgement free zone, everyone has good days and bad days, but the way to get to the finish line is by being honest and when we have a bad day, picking ourselves up and carrying on the next day!

Consistency and new habits have been shown the only long term successful way to change weight. We all want the progress made here to last a lifetime.

Your posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday/Date)

Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about your how your day went or your goals for the day)

The Question of the Week Challenge is a fun participation booster and we will be using it sometimes just as fun and sometimes it can help to foster new ideas for others as we all are different and have different experiences so sharing ideas can help someone else with motivation of freshening up their routine even!! Keep on the lookout for these questions.

Please post your weight on your scheduled weigh in day, as if you miss weigh-ins, you may be eliminated from the challenge and we don't want to see that happen!!

Your posts should look like this:
    Username:
    Week: July Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Please, please setup your posts in that format as it really makes it much easier for us to track your progress for the challenges and the weight loss!!

We'd like to help you be as successful as possible and if we can help in any way, please let us know. Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

We are committed to this group and to help where we can, and please let us know if we can help in any way!!

Once again Welcome to October Challenge WE CAN DO THIS!!💃🏾💃🏾👍🏾👍🏾💪🏽💪🏽
    Welcome to July and let's make things happen this month together!!

REMEMBER WE GOT THIS!💪🏽💪🏽
    Your Captain,
    Glorious Gloria @gjaholy33👍🏾👍🏾❤❤
    ***Co-captain Vicky (@vicky2767)
  • Kasymira
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday/1 July 2022)

Track: Yes
    Calories: Yes
    Exercise: Yes, 60 minutes of walking on a treadmill
    Goals/Day/Comments: My day went pretty well, I was excited to try out this challenge so I have done my best to set myself up for success. I went grocery shopping for some healthier choices and went to the gym to get some exercise in!

We got this Slimsons!
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily Post (Friday/1 July 2022)

Exercise: Yes, 60 minutes of walking on a treadmill
    Goals/Day/Comments: My day went pretty well, I was excited to try out this challenge so I have done my best to set myself up for success. I went grocery shopping for some healthier choices and went to the gym to get some exercise in!

We got this Slimsons!
    Good for you.
  • Kasymira
    Options
    Daily Post (Saturday/2 July 2022)

Exercise: Yes, 60 minutes of walking
    Goals/Day/Comments: Gym was closed, so decided to talk a 60 minute nature walk, hope everyone else is doing great! :)
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I’m 34/F, living in Oregon and am now a whole year into creating a healthier lifestyle. I’ve lost 55lbs and feel stronger, have better mental health and have improved my lab results.

I have my yearly dr appointment at the end of the month so you’d think I’d really be on point about logging and exercising but nope. Haven’t logged or exercised at all in the last week. Shark week is coming and both motivation and discipline have gone out the window. It’s looking like it will be a super busy month so don’t think I am going to be any more consistent in logging or posting this month than I was last month.

It was kinda sad in a pathetic kind of way… I did my hiking adventures the week before last, and the days after them I just felt a little stiff when I woke up. This week I went bowling(first time in 15 years) as part of a work “meeting” and was in pain for three days after. I made my muscles in my sliding leg so very unhappy.

Main goals this month are to not overindulge and start playing ring fit again. It’s been too hot to walk around my neighborhood much, I tell myself I’ll walk in the evening when it’s cooler out but when that time comes around I am tired and it doesn’t happen.

User: KakoHikes
    Weigh in day: Sunday
    Week 1
    PW: 185.0
    CW: 184.6
  • Kasymira
    Options
    Daily Post (Sunday/3 July 2022)

Exercise: Yes, 40 minutes of walking and 20 minutes of using the elliptical machine
    Goals/Day/Comments: Pretty good day! I was about to not go to the gym because their hours are a little different due to Fourth of July week, but decided to go in earlier than I usually go. My weigh in is tomorrow so looking forward to that. :)

• Kasymira
    Options
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Hello all! I’m 34/F, living in Oregon and am now a whole year into creating a healthier lifestyle. I’ve lost 55lbs and feel stronger, have better mental health and have improved my lab results.

I have my yearly dr appointment at the end of the month so you’d think I’d really be on point about logging and exercising but nope. Haven’t logged or exercised at all in the last week. Shark week is coming and both motivation and discipline have gone out the window. It’s looking like it will be a super busy month so don’t think I am going to be any more consistent in logging or posting this month than I was last month.

It was kinda sad in a pathetic kind of way… I did my hiking adventures the week before last, and the days after them I just felt a little stiff when I woke up. This week I went bowling(first time in 15 years) as part of a work “meeting” and was in pain for three days after. I made my muscles in my sliding leg so very unhappy.

Main goals this month are to not overindulge and start playing ring fit again. It’s been too hot to walk around my neighborhood much, I tell myself I’ll walk in the evening when it’s cooler out but when that time comes around I am tired and it doesn’t happen.

Week 1

Hey there neighbor! I am currently living in Washington state :)
    I think that is a pretty solid goal you have there, you got this!
  • gjaholy33
    Options

Exercise: Yes, 40 minutes of walking and 20 minutes of using the elliptical machine
    Goals/Day/Comments: Pretty good day! I was about to not go to the gym because their hours are a little different due to Fourth of July week, but decided to go in earlier than I usually go. My weigh in is tomorrow so looking forward to that. :)

Off to an excellent start 👌🏽 You got this.💪🏾💪🏾
  • gjaholy33
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday 7/3

Track yes
    Calories yes under
    Exercise no
    Water 110oz
    Steps 2,989
  • gjaholy33
    edited July 2022
    Options
    275tw7ll6066.png
  • vicky2767
    Options
    KakoHikes wrote: »

Week 1
    You got this!

Goals/Day/Comments: Pretty good day! I was about to not go to the gym because their hours are a little different due to Fourth of July week, but decided to go in
    earlier than I usually go. My weigh in is tomorrow so looking forward to that. :)
    Good for you for going in earlier
  • vicky2767
    Options
    Daily check in
    Sun 7/3
    Tracked no
    Calories?
    Exercise not really

We went to a 4th of July bbq yesterday. They put up a volley ball net and we got a game going. Ended up playing for almost an hour. Lol. Just a fun relaxed not very competitive game. But it was fun.
    I definitely didn’t over eat. As it was so hot, but I did have chips n dip and 2 mini cupcakes. And then when we got home I was hungry so I decided to have a bowl of cheerios.

• Bemybestby60
    Bemybestby60 Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Daily Post Sunday
    Track yes
    Calories over
    Exercise none
  • Kasymira
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Weekly Weigh In

Username: Kasymira
    Weigh in day: Monday
    Week: July Week 1
    PW: 211
    CW: 208.8
  • Kasymira
    Options
    vicky2767 wrote: »
    Daily check in
    Sun 7/3
    Tracked no
    Calories?
    Exercise not really

We went to a 4th of July bbq yesterday. They put up a volley ball net and we got a game going. Ended up playing for almost an hour. Lol. Just a fun relaxed not very competitive game. But it was fun.
    I definitely didn’t over eat. As it was so hot, but I did have chips n dip and 2 mini cupcakes. And then when we got home I was hungry so I decided to have a bowl of cheerios.

Sounds like a great time! It's an awesome idea having something active to do like volleyball when you're having a party. :)
  • walk4today
    walk4today Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Daily Post
    Sunday 7/3
    Track yes
    Calories under
    Exercise walking
This discussion has been closed.