Monthly Post for July 2022

Options

Replies

• KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    Got most of the house done yesterday. We had to stop cleaning out the boys' room because the trashcan got full. We'll finish next week after trash day. Just cleaning the carpets left for today. :) Must make the house nice before I go back to school. I ordered some stuff for my classroom on Prime Day. It should be here tomorrow.
    @Meghan509 I am glad you are feeling better! You might try taking selenium to help with the gunk. Works great! Enjoy your work from home!
    Off to move furniture and get started. Have a lovely day!
  • Meghan509
    Meghan509 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Sounds like you are getting ready for back to school, @KateNkognito! I did not buy anything on Prime but boy did I get a lot of emails! LOL It is nice that you can get good deals on stuff for the classroom.
    Thanks for the selenium tip! I always prefer a natural remedy when possible. This Alka Seltzer makes me nauseous if I don't eat something with it. So much for fasting. :( Need to kick this cold to the curb.

Not much happening here. Working remotely. Beautiful day today and weekend is looking good. My guy's brother and family are in town, so we are heading to his parents on Sunday. Wish us luck. Lots of chaos there. LOL

Have a good weekend and see you soon!

• KateNkognito
    Options
    I try not to look at the back to school section. It's too soon! It is ridiculously hot here. Going to chill in the AC. Have a good weekend, Meghan! Sounds like fun chaos. :)
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hope you're feeling better @Meghan509 , and hope you're able to stay cool @KateNkognito .

This week was a mixed bag for fasting for me. Was successful Monday and Friday, but Wednesday was my brother-in-law's birthday and my husband decided that he wanted to go out *that day* to celebrate, so I had the choice of either staying home and he'd bring me something to enjoy the next day, or go with and break the plan. Temptation was too great so I chose the latter. The upside was that I managed to stay under maintenance calories for the day, so at least there's that. And it was yummy.

As far as I know, there's nothing out of the ordinary on the calendar for this coming week, so hoping to stick to the schedule.

Getting back into strength training is proving to be a challenge for me. I'm hoping that it's not because it's following fasting days... I'm trying to provide myself with a good power shake to start with before the strength training session, so I'm really hoping it's just that I'm fresh back to it after 2 years of mostly being very sedentary.

Anywho, speaking of training, I'd better get a move on so I can get there soon-ish. Have a good week!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    @MelodiousMermaid The nice part of fasting is if it doesn't work out one day, you can always pick it back up at the end of your meal. :)

Woke up with a terrible migraine. We were at my mother-in-law's house yesterday and I sat on the uncomfortable couch holding a sleeping baby. Pinched a nerve in my neck, but it was worth it! <3
    Have a lovely week, all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

My cold / annoying virus is mostly in the rear view mirror which is good. Only problem is my poor guy is feeling crappy. :( Ugh. He thought he may have had a fever last night and is going to take a Covid test today but I think he is probably okay. I kind of felt the same way last week but I tested Negative for Covid. Fingers crossed. Dealing with a few colleagues who have also been diagnosed with Covid in the last week or so. Again, fingers crossed. LOL Everybody stay healthy!!

Yesterday was fun with my BF's family. It was chaos but "managed" since the kids are a little older and were mostly in the basement watching a movie, vs. running around like in the past. :smile: MIL cooked a yummy meal and we got home on the later side, but okay since I am WFH today.

Rainy day this morning but we need it, as we are in a drought situation. Rest of the week is supposed to be hazy, hot and humid and in the 90's F!

@MelodiousMermaid your drive is inspiring! You got this. Hope this week goes well for you!

@KateNkognito stay cool! Hope your headache feels better.

Have a good day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Much better today. Fasting today.
    I got a smart scale on Prime Day. I measures all sorts of stuff. Hopefully it helps with the motivation to keep fasting. I won't have only weight to measure my progress. :)
    @Meghan509 I am glad you are feeling better and you had a nice time with family. We saw my husband's sister and her family. Hope your BF feels better!
    Have a lovely week, all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Ugh, how things changed after I submitted my post yesterday! BF and I both tested positive for Covid! He was feeling bad and took a test to see and boom, positive. I took one as a precautionary even though I am feeling better and boom, positive. :( He is feeling a little hot / cold / weak and I have had a low grade headache and slight cough. Since I am feeling okay I am still working, just remote all week. It is a bummer but it could be worse. Fingers crossed that my guy feels better and I continue to feel okay.

Being sick has made fasting easy. Not really too much of an appetite lately!

Hope you both have a good day and I will see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Oh, Meghan! I hope you both feel better! At least you can stay home and rest.
    Today's forecast: HOT!
    I'm going to take a shower and do my nails. That's it. Just too hot! I stepped on the fancy scale again today and I really think having the other metrics will be a good thing. Here's to inspiration!
    Have a good week, all!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Options
    I hope you and your BF are feeling on top of the world soon, Meghan!

It's been really hot here too, though it's dropping a bit today comparatively.

Kate, I love other metrics too! My family recently got a scale that tracks fat, water, muscle, and bone in addition to total weight... not sure how accurate those measurements are, but would imagine trends over time should tell some kind of story.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Have a long to do list today. Also fasting. I need the heat to go away because am getting my sense of smell back. I live with men. 'Nuf said. Have a great day! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Thanks for the kind words, @KateNkognito and @MelodiousMermaid!!

I slept better last night (Thanks in part to Advil PM) so today I have to say I am feeling a little better. BF didn't have a great night (sore throat acting up) but he said he feels a little better today and less achy.

It is hot, hot, hot, and humid here too. We went outside on the patio last night just to get some fresh air because we both have this odd scent stuck in our nose, which I am sure is the virus but UGH. It was very humid but it still felt nice to be outside. I am grateful to have a nice house and yard to enjoy while on quarantine!

We had some chicken for dinner last night with some veggies and it was good. Since it should be nice, we might make some burgers on the grill tonight. Grateful that we should have plenty of food and groceries to get us through quarantine. Saturday should be the day that we are "free" to start roaming about, per CDC guidelines.

Been reading a true crime book that is difficult to put down and that has been nice to focus on, other than being sick! Work is quiet thankfully.

See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Feeling a little better today, both of us. Which is nice. Slept well last night and didn't need Advil PM. Hot, hot, hot, and humid here this week! A good week to be inside in the A/C for sure.

Today I have a work call at 11:00am, so I put on makeup and did my hair. LOL Feeling a little more human I must say. :)

Not much else happening here. Hope you guys are having a good week. See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Went to a training today over our curriculum since I am changing grade levels. It was so hot in the classroom, they let us out early.
    Meghan, I am glad you are both feeling better! I put on a little makeup today, too. Makes a girl feel good. :)
    The forecast here is still just HOT for the next week. We're way above average for days above 100°. Fun times.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today I am driving my youngest to my parents for a few days. I like car time with my kids. We have the best conversations. Have a good day and a fantastic weekend! Be healthy!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Feeling a little better each day! Last night we went outside and sat on the patio and got some fresh air and it was nice. HOT but less humid. Planning for similar later today.

Thinking of taking a test to see if I am still positive, otherwise I will wait until tomorrow. Don't get me wrong, I love my home but can't wait to break out of here for a bit this weekend! :smile:

Have a safe drive, @KateNkognito and stay cool all!

See you soon.
  • MelodiousMermaid
    Options
    Hello again. Good to hear you're feeling better @Meghan509 . Hope your drive and weekend go wonderfully, @KateNkognito !

This week went reasonably well, with no planning surprises or major hiccups. I'm now playing with a new food toy in the kitchen, the Ninja Creami. I'm hoping to make low-ish calorie frozen desserts that have increased protein compared to their retail counterparts. My first few attempts have been more on the "learning experience" end of things, but I think I'm close to having a few staple recipes ironed out.

Anywho, I hope you both have a great day/weekend/upcoming week.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Hope you both had a great weekend! Ours was nice. Relaxing. We were able to get out on Saturday and get some groceries for the week. I tested negative already on Saturday AM which is nice, so no issues going back in to the office tomorrow for work. Phew.

We are both on the mend. Thank God! Going to make some chicken with peppers in the slow cooker / instant pot for dinner tonight. Looking forward to that. Bought a little whole wheat pasta to have as a side.

@MelodiousMermaid your ice cream and new Ninja machine sounds cool! When I was doing keto, I used to make a "dessert" for us with ricotta cheese, unsweetened cocoa powder, a little monk fruit sweetener, and a dash of cinnamon. Stir and add in some mini semi sweet chocolate chips as desired. Delish!

@KateNkognito hope you had a nice weekend and a safe drive.

See you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    What happened to the weekend? It was really nice! Got the boy up and then picked him up today. He had great time! I got some accidental excercise watering my mother-in-law's yard because her sprinkler system was being weird. I think we have it fixed, sort of. I am starting on a new quilt. So it was a nice weekend, overall.
    @Meghan509 Glad you are on the mend and can go back to work. :)
    @MelodiousMermaid New kitchen gear is always fun! Enjoy trying all the new recipes!
    Have a great week, y'all!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Back at work, in person, today! Luckily traffic was kind today!

Not a whole lot else new here. Just been doing some cleaning up and replenishing of supplies around the office. Fun, fun, fun!

Sounds like the trip was a good one, @KateNkognito happy to hear it! Are you set to return to school? If I recall you guys go back around the same time as my brother in law's kids out in Arizona. For them that means next week! Also, I think same for my nephew in Florida. Jeez, that goes by fast!! Kids here in southern New England go back in late August / early September. Usually a day or two before or after Labor Day.

Fasting from dinner last night to until lunch time today. So far so good. Hope you have a great one. See you soon!