Shape Shifters Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,043 Member
edited September 2022 in Social Groups
kz8wwkmjoilj.png
Here is your Team chat room for August 2022. This is where you weigh weekly, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

We have five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossibles - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and open

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - open! let your Captains know if you are interested :smiley:
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods
Shape Shifters - @angmarie28 & @PatriceFitnessPal

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The August challenge runs from July 31 - September 3. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Every challenger weighs in on their chosen day, every week without fail. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you take a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for longer. You can remain on the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone! You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team!

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month and year begin!!

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,107 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    7buz7ps3aug0.jpg
    FAQ for New Shape Shifters Members

How do I post my weigh in?

Userid
    (Day of Week) Weigh-in
    PW: 204 lbs (previous weight)
    CW: 202 lbs (current weight)
    LTD: 12 lbs (optional loss to date)

Where is the Weigh in stats spreadsheet?
    Start at the Fat2Fit Main Page and under the header information, you’ll see a section at the bottom that says “TO ACCESS THE SPREADSHEETS FOR JANUARY CLICK HERE” followed by the link in blue. Once you click on that link, it will take you to the Summary page. Find Shape Shifters on the tabs at the bottom and click on that and that brings you to the stats page. Also on this page (scrolling down), you’ll find the Step Challenge chart as well. This is where we record your daily steps if you sign up to be part of the monthly step challenge. More info on how to sign up is below! Join us!

How often should I post in the chatroom?

Whenever you have a question, suggestion, story, news announcement or just want to brighten someone's day!! There's never too much...and please share recipes, tips, laughs, challenges, cartoons, pictures of your pets, pictures from walks you've taken, etc...we love it all!!

What if I have to be out of town during my weigh in?

Send a message to one of the Captains (JessicaKrall8) in the chatroom or in a private message on MFP's mail and let her know your circumstance...if it's just for a week or two, you can be excused from the weigh-in. If you must leave for longer than a month, you may be moved to our support team until you return. When you're ready to come back, send another message and the MODS will move you back to active status.

What happens if I miss a weigh in?

If you're late, you'll be marked as LWI (late weigh in). If you fail to report in at all, you'll be labeled as NWI (no weigh in). After two NWIs, you're put on the drop list if you explanation has been provided. It's always best to let your Captain know what's going on and she'll make sure you're covered.

How do I sign up for the Step Challenge?

Send the Captains a message that you'd like to join, provide your daily step goal and tell her your favorite place to walk. It's that simple!

Do I have to re-register each month to remain part of Team Shape Shifters?

No, your membership will carry over month to month. The only place where this is NOT true is for the Step Challenge. You have to sign up each month to participate in it and this gives you the opportunity to adjust your daily step goal.

If I've missed anything or questions arise, just post them! We'll find the information you need as much as possible! Hope this helps!

Welcome!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    alwmkgqh5rr6.jpg

WELCOME TO ALL OUR NEWBIES FOR AUGUST!! Very glad you found our team! We're like a little family here, so hope you find this team to be as inspiring, motivating and a little sassy as your family! LOL! I'm Jessica, your Captain. On behalf of myself and out wonderful Motivators @PatriceFitnessPal and @angmarie28 make yourself at home and let us get to know a little about you and your goals!

Just posted the FAQ file above, which should answer many of your questions. If not, post your questions and we'll try to find answers for you. Introduce yourself and share whenever you'd like in this chatroom...hopefully on both good days and bad ones. As always, you'll get out of this team exactly what you put in, so please don't be a "post your weight only" person...jump in, participate, ask questions, offer advise, share stories, post pics of your pets on a walk, give out new recipes, etc. What you post might just be what several others need for the week!

Looking forward to sharing the month with all of you! Good luck in August...let's make it glorious!
    Jessica :smile:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Hey y'all! The Aug Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 31st. Hope you'll join us for Creative Home Workouts!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870487/aug-week-1-group-challenge-creative-home-workouts#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    o2665xd6rkgb.png

Registration is open for the Aug Step Challenge!

Please post your first name for the chart, your daily step goal you hope to achieve and your favorite place to walk and that's all it takes.

Remember, signing up commits you to post your steps every 2-3 days as it helps me keep the spreadsheet up to date. Also, when you post, make sure you check the chart (located on the same spreadsheet with the weekly weigh-ins, just scroll under that chart on the Shape Shifter page and you'll find it. Please do not post a running list, adding to it each day, as that forces me to go back and recheck all prior dates previously posted. I don't mean to be picky...just trying to save time and effort. Hope you understand.

Looking forward to an active walking month with all of you! Good luck for August!
    Jessica
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Laurie
    Step Goal: 7,000
    I like to walk around my neighborhood-theres a path through a wooded area that I walk although I haven't for the past few days b/c I was being bitten up by mosquitoes and I like walking to the other side of the street where there is a cul de sac - about 15 years ago it used to be farmland and now there are homes that were built in there
  • LaurieWrobo
    LaurieWrobo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Steps
    7/30 10,311
  • frankwbrown
    frankwbrown Posts: 12,193 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Daily Step goal: 10,000 finishing up July
    Fri 7/29: 12,439
    Sat 7/30: 13,970

For August, I want to stick with my daily step goal of 10,000.
    (For months, I've had a goal of doing 10,000 steps/day 30 days in a row (done 4 times since last October), which also accomplishes a second goal of 300,000 steps/month. I've decided to abandon this tactic. Instead, I will still aim for 300,000 steps/month, but I intend to take a break one day a week from hitting 10,000 steps. I think that break will be better for me in the long run.
    So, my daily minimum will be 4,000 steps, and my daily average will be 10,000 steps.)

My favorite places to walk are typically far away. The past few weeks, I've enjoyed walks at Calaveras Big Trees State Park (in the Sierras) and Garrapata State Park (on the coast north of Big Sur), a walk on the beach at Carmel-By-The-Sea and several walks in Monterey and Pacific Grove.
    While wonderful locations, they're all over two hours away, so where I usually walk is a pedestrian trail where a railway used to be. I start early in the morning at my gym, after a yoga or pilates class. It's a half mile up a tree-lined street to the trail, then a half mile to a pedestrian overpass over a busy blvd. There's a bench on either side of the overpass, and it's a quarter mile from bench to bench. I walk over the overpass six times, then return to the gym, giving me a total distance of ~3.5 miles. It isn't that scenic, but it's pleasant enough.

• msashleybing
    msashleybing Posts: 40 Member
    edited July 2022
    Options
    MsAshleyBing
    Sunday Weigh-in
    PW: 198.6 lbs
    CW: 199.2 lbs
    LTD: ~6 lbs

My first weigh in! I know it’s a little bit of a gain, but I just got back from vacation yesterday. I was expecting a bigger gain, so I’m not terribly upset about it. I think I’m finally out of the 200s which is a mini accomplishment since I have been 202-205 since I was about 6 months pregnant.

My step goal is to hit 6000 every day. Im hoping to be able to increase this for September, but want to work my way up. I loved taking walks on the beach last week, but will enjoy looking for a favorite trail near home.

My other goals for August are to work out at least 5 days a week and read a little bit every night before bed.

Edit: I mathed wrong. LTD is 6lbs, not 7.
  • jessicakrall8
    edited July 2022
    Options
    Hey y'all! The Aug Week 1 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Jul 31st. Hope you'll join us for Creative Home Workouts!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10870487/aug-week-1-group-challenge-creative-home-workouts#latest

Jessica :blush:

Come on Teammates!! Some of you have never found the joy of our weekly Group Challenges...they're fun, sometimes unusual, a little challenging, but always interesting! Yet another fantastic opportunity to shine, get to know others from all of our 5 teams AND support your crazy Captain! Would love to see you pop in...the link is above!

Jessica
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

ih64hdip6ro1.png
    y6x7eiuiewns.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    ape4sgbaaoud.png

By Pounds
    911haseqv1uv.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ey532emsb5h5.png

By Pounds
    5s10vgij0t39.png
    j99108deltmo.png

Team Winners
    mmv71j2rimvy.png

• minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

9st1we9uxxfz.png
    8ikwia8kvr3u.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    zdjtmebmobhc.png

By Pounds
    sgirye116uax.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    l9ys7ossojga.png

By Pounds
    pyvak268kdnn.png
    kby83d6hl3fn.png
    1s7yiamu25f4.png

Team Winners
    x989oio19951.png
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS to all of the winners and those with honorable mentions!! YAY! WTG!
    Jessica
  • izzyred9400
    izzyred9400 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    My steps
    7/30 18,067
    7/31 4,339
    Please could you put me down for 13,000 steps for August @jessicakrall8 .I have a few favourite walks in the summer months.One is a path through a park with a river running through it.There are several paths to take & lovely bridges to cross.Also horses in fields & historic houses to look at.I love my local park which is good for uphill & downhill walking.Also along the paths alongside the canal network called the Cheshire Ring.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,098 Member
    Options
    Hi SS...A returning member is joining your team ... Please welcome @leni1us :)
  • JanieD82
    JanieD82 Posts: 7 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Janie
    Daily Step goal: 3000

7/31: 3184

Starting off small on daily step goal. Some days I don't even get 1000 steps. I don't have a favorite walking place, as I usually just walk outside in my neighborhood. I'm hoping to start incorporating this into my daily lifestyle.

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I’ve been out of pocket for a while- but I wanted to reach out particularly to @bearchested - I’m so sorry about your dog. I’ve never heard of home euthanasia- it sounds like hospice and I want to look into it. I’m taking Buddy to his second round of chemo tomorrow so I need to be prepared….

I am also currently in Houston awaiting my husband’s next surgery. What part? I’m in Friendswood.

I hope you were able to celebrate the wedding in Uvalde. Friendswood is near Santa Fe, a forgotten shooting because- what - it was 4 or 5 years ago? But so hard. Those babies.

@PatriceFitnessPal so sorry about your dog as well! You are always so supportive of us here.

• SavageMrsMoose
    SavageMrsMoose Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Posting Steps

7/25 8755 (long bike instead)
    7/26 20464
    7/27 25,423
    7/28 15,337
    7/29 15,576
    7/30 11,562
    7/31 9,384

@jessicakrall8 - is there a chart I can record this for you in the future? I’d like to keep with the challenge in the future but it’s awkward type on my phone and must be such a pain for you!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,098 Member
    Options
    Hi SS... A returning member is joining your marvelous team ... Please welcome @laceyf53 :)
  • Susanna527
    Susanna527 Posts: 1,546 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Since I'm able to comment here, I guess I don't have to re-join the group? I'm sorry I haven't been much of a support here, but plan to get better.

Susanna527
    Weigh-In Day: Monday
    PW: 202.3
    CW: 202

I haven't lost anything, but am happy to know that once I do get to my goal weight, I know how to maintain. I've been pretty much this same weight (up a few ounces, then down a few ounces) since May. But I'm so glad I've stopped spiraling and am getting a better grip on my emotional/binge eating.

Wishing y'all a good week :smile:

• laceyf53
    laceyf53 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm a member from last year whose back because I gained pretty much everything I lost.

laceyf53
    Monday Weigh-in
    PW: 251.3 lbs
    CW: 250.2 lbs

My goal this month is to lose a lot - 20 lbs if possible, as I have an endurance ride coming up October 1st and I really shouldn't be over 200 lbs and riding my horses regularly.
This discussion has been closed.