This August I Will....

themedalist
themedalist Posts: 3,209 Member
2tg6b9lv4x6f.jpg

And Hello August!

There's one more full month of summer. What would you like to accomplish this month? What's on your to-do list? What healthy habit would you like to create this month or continue working on from July?

If it's helpful, you might frame your goal along these lines:

1. My goal for this month (This August I will...")
2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal
3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?
6. What help do you need from us?
7. What does success look like to you at the end of August?

If you are new to our group, welcome! Let us know what your goal is and how we can help. If you're stumped by what to work on this month, our list of previous challenges can help.

OK, let's get to work! The smallest change you make this August can have a big impact on your life and health if you keep doing it.

🌷Denise & 🌸Maddie
@themedalist & @MadisonMolly2017

New to Our Group and Habit Building?
Please read our Newcomer's Guide and our Nuts and Bolts of Habit Building. They will help make your habit stick!

Replies

• jamcnewman
    jamcnewman Posts: 3,973 Member
    This August, I will not eat back my exercise calories through nighttime snacking.

My struggle with this mostly happens if there are still too many unused calories in my regular calorie bank, by evening. The slope is slippery and steep. My tendency is to eat them AND the exercise calories. Then I don’t sleep well and generally feel unwell.

2. The small actions I’ll be taking to accomplish this goal
    a) Pre-plan meals and snacks so I know I will have used up my deficit calories by end of dinner.
    b) Eat protein at every meal or snack to ensure I am getting enough calories and protein earlier in the day to fuel my activity level.
    c) Shut the kitchen down after dinner is finished.
    d) Have cut up veggies prepped in the fridge for the evening moments when and if I believe I am hungry. If I am truly hungry, they will satisfy. These veggies will be tracked, and I can go over my regular (deficit) calories if necessary to eat them.

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit
    a) The night before or in the morning make the plan as to how the regular calories are going to get eaten.
    b) Every meal or snack - eat some protein.
    c) The cut up veggies are (always) there if I am still hungry for food. When feeling extra hunger, test with the cut up vegetables.

4. How often will you do your new habit (daily is best if possible)
    Every single day in August. I will report this by notating the success days with a heart ♥️ , if I had to rely on extra calories to eat veggies I will notate with 🥒 and any misses will have a knife and fork🍴

To date:
    ♥️ ♥️ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

5. What reward will you immediately give yourself for doing your habit?
    I will tell myself that I am doing a great job.

Click “Like” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.

By making this effort to refrain from eating my exercise calories and documenting it, I’ll have a really clear picture of how often I feel the desire to eat them back. I’ll know whether my veggie strategy can pull me through or whether I need to plan an evening protein snack of some kind.

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,929 Member
    edited August 2022
    This August, I am continuing to work on refining my laminated Solid Habit Sheets.
    (Using ‘am’ as opposed to ‘I will … ‘ as it gives me less scope to cop out.

2. The small actions I am taking to accomplish this goal
    a) Continue to organise Solid Habits into Morning, Evening, other categories.
    b) Type up on A4 and print out. Could use double sided?
    c) Set laminating machine and pouches up in hobbies room

3. The trigger or cue to remember to do my habit.
    a) I have set morning/afternoon/evening reminders on phone.
    b) I am setting a timer when I start.

4. How often am I doing my August habit (daily is best if possible)
    Daily from 4th August. (After my holiday)

To date:
    ✖️✖️✖️4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

5. What reward am I immediately giving myself for doing my habit?[/i]
    I am doing a victory 💃🏼💃🏼💃🏼

Click “Like” or any of the feedback responses so I know you are reading? Having this place to report in every few days and knowing someone else is reading is really helpful.

A set of laminated reminder sheets that can be annotated in non permanent markers.

• donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    Report 3rd Aug

Went over on calories as I ate too many tim tams! 👇

Goals/ habits for August
    * Track every blt, weigh the grazing💖
    * Pretrack including w/e👇
    * Aim for winners circle 💖
    * Loose weight in August💖
    * Put weight in app 💖
    *Journal and gratitude 💖
    *Leave work at work 👇
    * Look for another job 💖
    * Hve things to look forward after work and wen im stressed ie Sing, tv show, movie dance, yoga, nails, walk with bub, park & bath 👇
    * Be present with bub after work💖
    * Skin care at night and floss 💖
    * Do 1 thing from personal to do list💖

• snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,453 Member
    I got my lunch time walk in the heat index was close to 100 but the three of us made. Best part my aluminum free deodorant Hey Human is working really well much better than all the others I have tried
  • jamcnewman
    Wednesday August 3

This August, I will not eat back my exercise calories through nighttime snacking.

Each day I will track then report:
    - success days with a heart ♥️
    - used extra calories to eat veggies 🥒
    - a missed day will have a knife and fork🍴

To date:
    ♥️ ♥️ ♥️ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
  • jamcnewman
    @donna25trinity Happy week long holiday ahead! So pleased for you. 🥰
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 2,977 Member
    jamcnewman wrote: »
    @donna25trinity Happy week long holiday ahead! So pleased for you. 🥰

Thanks so much @jamcnewman ur always so sweet and encouraging. Bless u. Xo