Options
steve0mania
steve0mania Posts: 2,940 Member
Yo. How'd you do?

Replies

• steve0mania
    steve0mania Posts: 2,940 Member
    Options
    I'm down 2.8 pounds. I've strung together a couple of solid weeks, and now I'm seeing my weight respond pretty well. I suggested that perhaps my weight really lags behind my intake by a couple of weeks, and the general pattern seems to fit. My plan is to keep on doing what I'm doing, which is basically cutting out after-dinner snacks and alcohol during the week, but otherwise, eating in my usual way and keeping up with regular exercise. I'd like to get back to my personal target weight (130 pounds).

Otherwise, still maintaining.

182/140.4/146
  • whathapnd
    whathapnd Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I'm down .4.

I weigh the same thing I did two weeks ago despite having two good weeks of tracking/eating at a deficit. I'm also limiting junk food.

I'll give this one more week before I re-assess.

My joints have been achier than normal the past few days, so there could be some inflammation at play. I suppose it's possible my weigh-in two weeks ago was lower than it actually was.

I'm not making excuses, just thinking out loud. I feel good about my plan and all food has been weighed/measured.
  • Al_Howard
    Al_Howard Posts: 7,907 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    On Wednesday, at WW, down 0.6#. Still maintaining and wanting to lose. Hungry horrors so far this week.
    :(
  • crewahl
    crewahl Posts: 3,790 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Congrats to Steve, Emmie and Al. Overall, we're a bunch of losers this week,and that’s good!

I’m down 3.2# this week, which is half of the 6.2# I’d gained the prior week after the trip to Kansas. It’s a better result than it might seem, because according to my daily morning weigh-ins, I went up another four pounds between that 6.2# and this week's final result. (That’s a story for another time.)

But I want to comment on a little experiment this Friday night.

We had an early dinner at a local Mexican place we’ve been pleased with. They do a nice tableside guacamole, and their guacamole is the first time I’ve actually enjoyed guacamole. (Usually, the texture turns me off.) So the food here is good, and authentic, and plentiful - you know, a collection of things that lead to high-point meals. I’ve been trying to find a way to eat what I enjoy without wandering out of the healthy eating range or depriving myself.

So when they put the nacho chips on the table, I selected twelve of them. I defined those mentally as “my food”, and the remainder were “someone else’s food”. I used those twelve chips for the guacamole, and passed on the salsa. I ordered a taco salad bowl with chicken. I was able to eat my share of the guacamole (2/3 cup), “my” twelve nacho chips, and the chicken taco salad bowl, and end up with six points still available for evening snacking while staying in the healthy eating range for the day. I didn’t just mindlessly keep digging the basket of chips to use the salsa, and I declined the opportunity to help finish my wife's chicken quesadilla.

So I’m sitting here happy that I ate the things I wanted, that I have a satisfying “full, but not stuffed” feeling, and that I did it while demonstrating a modicum of restraint and staying within the healthy eating range for today.

What’s the emoji for “smug”? 😉

• imastar2
    imastar2 Posts: 5,942 Member
    Options
    Up 1.6lbs this week. Still down 11.8 lbs from my July 15th high.