Downsizers Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Good hot evening. The muggy, hot weather you all have been living with for so long has finally decided to pay us a visit in San Diego.
    Check in:
    Steps - 4268
    Calories - 2527. A bit high.
    Exercise - none. Resting my back. Feels OK but still giving it another day before light exercise.
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    IP2021

Wednesday
    PW: 267.4
    CW: 265.8

This was a good week, although last Friday I was so tired after my first week back at work after my vacation that I didn't feel like making dinner and ate some very wrong things 😕

I've now started weighing myself everyday to see what happens based on my nutrition and exercise and to better understand how these things affect my weight loss. It'll be interesting to see how it progresses after a month over daily weighing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,465 Member
    Diet has well and truely gone out the window this week, im on holiday, theres been parties with friends, drinks and barbecues, so not expecting a good result on Fridays weigh in.
    How does everyone else manage when theres a holiday? Anyone have any good tips on how to still have fun and stick to the diet? Or do you tend to just enjoy yourself and sort out the damage once its over?

I think it’s trying to find a balance. I don’t log on vacation anymore just try to be mindful. I do find when I go away while I eat more I do snack less in the evenings so that helps. I do the same for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, etc. The key during those holidays is to get back logging the next day. Last Christmas I didn’t and it took months to lose the weight I gained. So mindfulness, balance and getting right back on track is the key for me.
  • lindamtuck2018
    @red1185
    Awesome loss! I am sure it will take a bit to adjust to being back teaching.

@IP2021
    Nice loss! Are you using a weight trending app?

@rwood566
    I hope your back feels better. I know I can’t wait for fall to get rid of the humidity. I actually got to turn the air conditioner off for a bit yesterday and open my windows. Its humid still but nothing like the weekend.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 9,653
    Exercise: 2/5

No pool today. A few of us are driving down to Sarnia to get some fish. I guess when they say fish they mean perch or pickerel. I have never had either so it will be interesting. Being a Newfoundlander, when I hear fish, I think cod. We are going to be doing some walking but I will be using the walker so steps won’t be registered.
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 203 Member

No pool today. A few of us are driving down to Sarnia to get some fish. I guess when they say fish they mean perch or pickerel. I have never had either so it will be interesting. Being a Newfoundlander, when I hear fish, I think cod. We are going to be doing some walking but I will be using the walker so steps won’t be registered.

Both Perch and Pickerel are a bit more boney than cod but the taste is marvelous. The Great Lakes are also known for the Whitefish (which is much closer to cod). Either way, it sounds tasty. Safe trip
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    e2ynr6jkkwcy.jpg

AUGUST WEEK 1 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 254,560 steps
    2nd @mari_moulin 108,277 steps
    3rd @888Angie888 81,734 steps
    4th @Bluetail6 71,496 steps
    5th @laura9400 68,805 steps
    GREAT JOB LADIES :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 1,024,529 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYONE :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 7/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @888Angie888 3/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 3/7
    @aactuallyaash 1/7
    @Eatthefruitnotthecake78 4/7
    @mari_moulin 6/7
    @laura9400 4/7
    @IP2021 5/7
    @aneedlecraft 5/7
    @Jpedno 5/7
    @red1185 4/7
    @NanElisaP 2/7
    @Bluetail6 6/7
    AWESOME JOB EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 876 Member
    Weigh Day Wednesday (instead of Thursday)
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 225.8
  • IP2021
    IP2021 Posts: 85 Member
    @IP2021

I started using Libra. So far I'm happy with it.

I tried looking for the app Happy Scale that you mentioned in an earlier post, but I couldn't find it. I have an android phone, so maybe Happy Scale is for Apple phones?
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 38,868 Member
    IP2021 wrote: »
    @IP2021

I started using Libra. So far I'm happy with it.

I tried looking for the app Happy Scale that you mentioned in an earlier post, but I couldn't find it. I have an android phone, so maybe Happy Scale is for Apple phones?

Yes Happy Scale is for Apple phones ... Libra is for android :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    rwillems wrote: »

Both Perch and Pickerel are a bit more boney than cod but the taste is marvelous. The Great Lakes are also known for the Whitefish (which is much closer to cod). Either way, it sounds tasty. Safe trip

We had mackerel and it was delicious.

• lindamtuck2018
    Weigh Day Wednesday (instead of Thursday)
    PW: 225.8
    CW: 225.8

Enjoy your vacation.
  • debbieluck
    debbieluck Posts: 12 Member
    Weigh in Wednesday!

SW. 187
    PW 162
    CW 161

Proud of this week since I hosted a family reunion and celebrated quite a bit. On to week 3! School starts next week and I’m getting ready for all of my new kindergarten sweeties!
  • lindamtuck2018
    debbieluck wrote: »
    Weigh in Wednesday!

SW. 187
    PW 162
    CW 161

Proud of this week since I hosted a family reunion and celebrated quite a bit. On to week 3! School starts next week and I’m getting ready for all of my new kindergarten sweeties!

Nice loss! Enjoy your first week. I volunteered in both my granddaughters kindergarten classes. The kids say the cutest things at that age.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Steps: 4,856
    Exercise: 2/5

PW: 195.2
    CW: 197.6

I know, I had a terrible gain this week. I had a binge Tuesday night. I was dealing with a bit of a stressful situation Monday and Tuesday. Unfortunately, I dealt with it through food. I ate a lot of carbs so I am still bloated today.

NSV: I looked up my blood test results. My A1C was 5.8 which is in the non diabetic range. I know my doctor is going to be pleased with me on Tuesday. No more binge eating as I want to keep it like this.
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Had a rough night of sleep last night. I'm still coughing post-covid. My hubby is now in the throws of a cold, allergies, or maybe just rebound post covid yuck. Anyway he had a coughing fit around 4 am. So I'm a little bleary eyed this morning.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 steps
    8/7 20,292
    8/8 9,961
    8/9 6,600
    8/10 10,619

Summer can be hard for me. I love seasonal fruit baking. I'm dying to make my favorite peach cake. Or a german-style yeasted plum cake. In the past I'd take it into my office for folks to eat but I work from home 99% of the time now...
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    @lindamtuck2018

PW 309
    CW 309

Exercise is up, so is food. The result is that I'm stalled. I had good losses a few weeks ago, so this isn't a big surprise.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    edited August 2022
    Good evening all. Happy Thursday.
    Check in:
    Steps - 8835
    Calories 2371
    Exercise - gym tonight. 8 machines with lighter weight and 19 min walk around the block. Light shopping in morning.

Wednesday Steps- 9932
This discussion has been closed.