Captains Lounge - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    Hi all -
    There are a couple of hard-to-believe losses for this week - 10.2 pounds/4.95% for example. When something like this comes in, especially for a new sign-up, please ask them to verify their starting weight and make sure it was from the previous week and not their top weight of all time, or just an error. If it is true, please advise caution! That kind of loss in one week is not too bad when it is someone starting out who is very heavy (or a guy!!), but 4.95% is very high and could indicate an excess of enthusiasm or extreme diet plan.

I also found a typo-induced high loss for this week! Be careful :smiley: I don't check every weight for that problem...
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,079 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    @jugar
    I messaged any of the new or old people who missed weigh ins up to and including Thursday. I was away all day yesterday so I did not get the Friday people done. All the new people who missed weigh in haven’t checked in with the exception being Arya91Fire.

We have this problem every month. The enthusiasm of signing up, or the fact of signing up to too many things, means we have many no-shows.

Any ideas how we can make better contact at the time of registration? Or any other ways to make sure people take their sign-up seriously? Or do we just let them be grownups and show or not show as it happens?

It would be nice if they would provide an email address so their Captain's could make contact. As we all know, the IM system on MFP is wonky at best. It should also be a recommendation that they "friend" their Captains, of course you can't require it, but at least it opens an extra door of communication. Just my ten cents...

I sent messages two weeks ago to all the names on my drop list and those who were "taking a break" and in support. I got a few notes, but no returns.
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please switch ac204/SS from NWI to LWI. Weight updated. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    I messaged any of the new or old people who missed weigh ins up to and including Thursday. I was away all day yesterday so I did not get the Friday people done. All the new people who missed weigh in haven’t checked in with the exception being Arya91Fire.

We have this problem every month. The enthusiasm of signing up, or the fact of signing up to too many things, means we have many no-shows.

Any ideas how we can make better contact at the time of registration? Or any other ways to make sure people take their sign-up seriously? Or do we just let them be grownups and show or not show as it happens?

It would be nice if they would provide an email address so their Captain's could make contact. As we all know, the IM system on MFP is wonky at best. It should also be a recommendation that they "friend" their Captains, of course you can't require it, but at least it opens an extra door of communication. Just my ten cents...

I sent messages two weeks ago to all the names on my drop list and those who were "taking a break" and in support. I got a few notes, but no returns.
    Jessica

I send friend requests to all our group-- if they don't accept, I can't do anything about it. If they fo, I typically send them a note.
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please switch the NWI to LWI for ewilhelm2487/SS. Thanks! Jess
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,490 Member
    Options
    @jugar

I really don’t know. I message anyone who accepts my friend request to remind them if they miss weigh in. I think more than one message would be overkill. I think if they don’t respond to the first reminder it’s safe to say they are no longer interested. I have had several over the years who had trouble getting in so they responded to my reminder and I was able to get them sorted out.

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,080 Member
    Options
    @jugar

I really don’t know. I message anyone who accepts my friend request to remind them if they miss weigh in. I think more than one message would be overkill. I think if they don’t respond to the first reminder it’s safe to say they are no longer interested. I have had several over the years who had trouble getting in so they responded to my reminder and I was able to get them sorted out.

I think that is about the most we can do. There are always a few who appreciate the effort to find them and bring them back onto the team after a period of time on support or long-term members who drift away for a while. But they know where we are if they want to come back in any case.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Can we excuse @pizzafruit for last week & maybe this one? She has had some medical stuff going on.

Also, I heard from @no_more_weighting and she (?) changed her mind about participating in the challenge and has asked to be removed.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Please excuse Mari from this weeks weigh in. Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please move SavageMrsMoose/SS to the Support Team. Her mother and father are both having medical issues and she needs to concentrate on their care for a while. Thanks!
    Jessica
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please excuse ac204/SS from next week's weigh in as she will be out of town. Thanks! Hope you're having a nice weekend!
    Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Captains, please help to promote:

The August Week 3 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Aug 14th. I hope you'll join us for "DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!" Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10871470/august-week-3-group-challenge-do-something-different/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please switch kateineu/SS from NWI to LWI. She reported in this morning. Thanks! Jess
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please switch walela617/SS from Sunday weigh ins to Thursday weigh ins starting this week (18th). Thanks!
    Jessica
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Can you please add jayenguk back to the team. Her weigh in day is Wednesday and her start weight is 259. Tomorrow will be her first weigh day. Thanks.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar

Sorry to be a pain but can you move my weigh day back to Friday. Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    Captains, please help me promote:

The August, Week 4 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin on Sunday, Aug 21st. Join me for a "Stress-Free Me"...a week of discovery, sharing, learning, relaxing and managing our stress-filled lives. Bring a friend...hope to see you there! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10872013/august-week-4-group-challenge-stress-free-me/p1?new=1

Jessica :blush:
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please switch bearchested/SS from NWI to LWI. I've updated his weight in the chart. Thanks! JK
  • jessicakrall8
    Options
    @jugar Please switch cre804/SS from NWI to LWI. I've updated her weight in the chart. Thanks! Jessica
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @jugar
    Please change both 888angie888 and laura9400 to an LWI. I will update the weights in the spreadsheet. Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.