PW: 168.6
    CW: 168.2

:)
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    ells_bellz wrote: »
    I hope you all have had a lovely Monday :smile:
    Mine was very lazy in the day but in the evening I still worked, well from 5pm and by the time I finished at 10pm I miraculusly stepped 11,000 steps :smiley:

Thank you for lovely messages. I stayed strong and my scales are behaving so far :smiley:

Let's hope they'll play nicely on Friday, too! :wink:

Have a great Tuesday everyone! :blush:

I was just thinking about you. So glad you had a good Monday 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

Here’s to a good Tuesday! 🌺
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Last week's exercise:
    Sunday - 9218 + 45 exercise bike
    Monday - 9620 + 20 Pilates + 30 bike
    Tuesday - 10,498 + 30 Pilates + 45 bike
    Wednesday - 8127 + 15 Pilates + 45 bike
    Thursday - 10,973
    Friday - 10,882 + 45 Pilates + 45 bike
    Saturday -10,637
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    My internet has been mostly down all day / spotty at best. It was a work from home day, so you can imagine it was frustrating. Currently typing this on my phone as I've given up on WiFi.

Lovely to hear about the green weigh-ins. Sorry about the dog situation @bobagurl2017 .. glad you're looking for the silver lining but it's hard when we make a connection and get disappointed.

Brad is traveling for business which puts me on random fridge clean out mode as I always am when he's not home.

I've been eating a lot of sandwiches starring my favorite - tomato!! We don't garden like most of you but we do seem to have an abundance from the store anyway.

Also made an interesting mushroom, onion and corn concoction for wraps tomorrow, and I'm doing a protein smoothie in the morning to use up a bunch of fruit.

Just call me human garborator Ashley :) Don't worry, it's all tracked and MFP likes my fibre intake!!!

We have had a strong week as a step team! Week 2 report coming soon :) (@Kali225 thinking your steps are coming with your weigh in so I'll be waiting for your lovely numbers)
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @MsMcClane I count macros and calories. I have the paid version of my fitness pal and it includes more info and let's you customize more things. Here is a collage of a few of my pages so you can see the difference. The top one is the top of my newsfeed and just shows calories. The nutrients page shows the different types of fats and other stuff. The diary shows macros and remaining calories.
    1teyfgbphi0h.jpg

I'm also adding a picture from my binder that has my wellness coaches recommendations for protein sources. It might give you more ideas. Just FYI, she has beans in the starches section for carbs. I use isagenix protein powder and bars. They have a plant based line and they have quality products.9duaofrpx8c3.jpg

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Your adoption story is both sad and lovely all at once @jugar.

@conleywoods I think the fact that a) you hiked for 3.5 hours then b) only let hunger de-rail you for one meal is a massive achievement. Something for me to aim for! Unrelated; do you find the subscription for MFP worth the cost? I've debated it a few times... I think I'd use the app more if there were no ads in it, it'd be good to give myself extra calories on a Tuesday, and I'd like to not include exercise calories in my goal, which are all premium features.

I gave myself 5.5 hours of sleep opportunity last night, and spent it all tossing and turning, so getting up for training this morning was a challenge! I'm glad I went because we increased the overhead press weight to 28kg - aiming for 30kg (it's a mental block rather than a strength issue!) by the end of the month.

Didn't eat anything after dinner even though we went to the supermarket and I bought some chocolate. Maybe I'll end up intermittent fasting? My current eating pattern - if I skip the late night snacks - would have me eating between 7/8am and 7pm.

We finally had some rain last night, though I'm not sure how much, and should have some later today. The heat has broken at last, and the plants will appreciate it I'm sure. I'd like to make progress at the allotment this evening but with my sister staying, and OH working, I'm probably going to feel like I need to be at home.
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    DD265 wrote: »
    Unrelated; do you find the subscription for MFP worth the cost? I've debated it a few times... I think I'd use the app more if there were no ads in it, it'd be good to give myself extra calories on a Tuesday, and I'd like to not include exercise calories in my goal, which are all premium features.

I find it worthwhile, and justify it as I've thrown away so much money on gym memberships I didn't use, and fad diet foods, that investing in the premium version of the app that actually works for me is worth it.
    Plus you can usually try it free for a month and see if you like it before you're 100% committed for the fee for a year. I'd say try it out, see if it gives you a better interface and then you will know if it's worth it to you or not.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    [quote="DD265;c-46971875 . . . do you find the subscription for MFP worth the cost? . . .[/quote]

I have the subscription and I like it so much better. I am worth the cost and like @PlaneMonkey says: how much money on other weight loss stuff have we all thrown away? It’s easy to cancel whenever you like, too.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    Kali225 wrote: »
    @jugar @ashleycarole86 I am fully a chicken running around with its head off!!! I am probably going to be very late recording steps & exercise this week so lets count me out but I'll report eventually for the monthly total. Can I also be a little late with weigh-in? Scale was the last thing on my mind this morning but I will try to record Thurs (tomorrow is moving day!)

So behind on posts but I know I was on page 11 at some point so I will go back and read this weekend if I remember. My exercise has been non-existent but at least packing up has been a bit of a workout with heavy boxes and stairs. Eating not so great either but should be a little better this week before yet another busy weekend. Any Green Day fans? Wake me up when AUGUST ends. AHHHH!!!

Moving day is very high on the list of excellent reasons for late/excused/blown off weigh-ins! Hope it goes well :heart:
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Sounds good @Kali225
    Have a GREAT moving day tomorrow - so stressful but I can't wait for you to settle in.. hope you love it!!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @DD265 I have had the MFP premium subscription since 2019 and I don't think I would ever go back! It gives a lot more info and no adds is especially awesome. I don't count any exercise calories either. When I set my calories it asks your activity level and I include my workout time and usually mark moderately active. That way I don't get double credit and too many calories.

@PlaneMonkey Wow do you have a lot going on this week. Did you plan it all to arrive this week or did it just work out that way? I know the last time I bought a couch it took 3 months to show up!

@Kali225 Good luck on your move. Hope you are getting use to the new job. Probably hard to feel settled in with so many moving parts right now.

@ells_bellz Great job avoiding the binge! I am finding that when I want to give up and then let things go crazy it is a choice. It's hard to work through but it's worth working on. I definitely struggle in this area too. You are not alone.

@bobagurl2017 That is really disappointing about the dog 😔 I would definitely be upset with that situation. Hope you find the right dog for you guys!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    e1najmmp4im2.png
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    8/14 exercise: 10083 steps + 16 minutes swimming
    8/15 exercise: 10593 steps + 46 minutes Peloton
This discussion has been closed.