WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    @jugar
    Can I get one more row added to the step challenge section for this month? Thank you! Miscounted the first time

@Tcathey45 Thanks for your first week of steps! Even though we're in August, our weeks run Sun-Sat which means Sunday, July 31 is actually day 1 of our challenge. If you have steps for July 31 to add, that'll round out your first week!

My exercise catch-up for week 1:

8/5: 10783 steps + 31 minutes Peloton
    8/6: 5883 steps

Last call for my last few step challenge teammates for week 1! If I can get your steps today, that would be fantastic.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Congratulations @CupcakeCrusoe and @ells_bellz August Week 1 Team Winners!! Well done!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,094 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @conleywoods the discussion about macros is always an interesting one. I have never been particularly attentive to macros, but when things come to a crunch, I do try to balance them better. Out of the 3 things (calories, exercise, macros), it is probably the area where being "off" has the fewest consequences. For me, the macro that makes the biggest problem is fat - sugar can get high without too much problem, but if fat does, I have to watch out! High carbs can also be an issue, but I eat very little grain, which helps a lot with the carbs. Instead of tracking macros, I usually try very hard to keep as much of my intake as possible from whole sources. Few grains, plenty of vegetables and fruits in whole form, no juice, not much added sugar. Then just add some protein and a bit of fat and all goes well. Maybe try aiming for fewer numbers and more the source? In any case, it is good that you are going at it with support, intelligence, and fortitude!

That said, I had one of those no-tracking, lots of stupid stuff days. I figure it is good to throw the whole system off once in a while, right? Back to normal tomorrow.

@christhiann and @MsMcClane - well done!! Both of you bring up a great point - exercise should be fun. Sometimes it won't be, but it sure helps to burn some calories while having a great time and being goofy!

@Terytha - yikes. I hope you feel better soon! Your bout of covid seems to have sent you for a longer ride, so make sure you see your doc if it goes on much more. Hugs flying to you :heart:
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a lively weekend for our group, some fantastic losses too! I came back to 61 new messages so I am copying @CupcakeCrusoe and declaring bankruptcy ;)

What a crazy day, I've been on the go all day for one reason or another and have been fighting the urge to buy a greasy fast food burger, I'm not even a burger eater, it's a reaction to external factors that are out of my control and annoying me.

The weekend was an interesting one, we had tickets to see Nora En Pure and were not allowed in the venue as Mr B had on flip flops and they told us they are 'dangerous' and he didn't have any other footwear (it was a late gig so there were no shops open to buy any either). I was also wearing flip flops but I guess the women's ones aren't dangerous :D

I did really well with my water intake, activity and tracking and am looking to build on all three this week
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak Sylvia, I am so sorry to hear of your mothers passing. Sending hugs and love your way. Take your time to recover from your loss. ❤️

I had an absolutely lovely weekend with my friend. It was so needed. I did really notice my feet and ankles feeling stiff and swollen. Contacted my doctor today and told her I wanted to go back to my old lower dosage of bp meds. I’m monitoring my bp at home. It was really good today. 117/78. I think the swelling is connected to some of my weight gain.

@Terytha I understand about that tiredness. I have noticed since my bout with covid that my resting heart rate is much higher and I get tired faster.

@ashleycarole86 Hope it’s not too late.

Sun 9987
    Mon 5857
    Tues 7312
    Wed 5233
    Thurs 3439
    Fri 12964
    Sat 8187

• deniners2
    deniners2 Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Apologies for being late! I was exhausted after my Sunday 6.2 miles, & I must have left my memory on the route. 🙄

Sunday weight
    PW 151
    CW 152

Yup. I had some great Thai massaman curry.
  • jugar
    Options
    Ready for Tuesday? Our dynamic duo, even after at least one festive weekend, up and ready!
    @Kali225
    @JEB03253

And hoping to hear from those who are late - hoping too that all is OK -
    @deniners2
    @jan110144

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    CarolAnnM2 wrote: »
    Congratulations @CupcakeCrusoe and @ells_bellz August Week 1 Team Winners!! Well done!

And you as well! Great job team - keep on working!
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Tuesday Weigh-in

PW: 244.9
    CW: 249.7

Actually not as bad as it could have been - I was expecting more like 8-10 lbs gained. And I am fairly confident most of it is just bloat from eating out, salty food, etc. So on we go!

I know we have all been saying it but this heat is unbearable. Just walking to the train this morning made me actually angry with my body. Being so overweight, I am typically uncomfortable in my clothes and the sweat and humidity makes it so much worse! I need 60 degree days back. And then precipitously colder than that, please!

I know someone mentioned it, but I also can never attach a picture file from mobile on my android. Works on desktop though.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @kali225 I was cooking last night and sweat was running down my face. If I ever win the lottery, I'm building an eco-home that maintains the perfect temperature all year round! I do wonder how much of my suffering in the heat is related to my weight...
  • MoonlitMuse
    MoonlitMuse Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    So I don't even know what happened the past two weeks! I kept meaning to check in and then I guess my ADD got the better of me :D

Anways

PW: 138.8 (I think)
    CW: 139.9

I've been so slacky in my workouts but I gotta get back on the wagon. I've noticed just how sensitive my body is to being sedentary at all, so I think I'm just going to have to be super vigilant
  • jugar
    Options
    So I don't even know what happened the past two weeks! I kept meaning to check in and then I guess my ADD got the better of me :D

Anways

PW: 138.8 (I think)
    CW: 139.9

I've been so slacky in my workouts but I gotta get back on the wagon. I've noticed just how sensitive my body is to being sedentary at all, so I think I'm just going to have to be super vigilant

Yay! Our second Ashley is back :heart: You are so right about the sedentary effect. Any movement at all helps - bonus weight-loss for the sweaty kind. Of course, that is just getting out of bed in the hot weather some places right now :flushed: We're happily back down to something reasonable, almost cool, even though it is still terribly humid.
  • ashleycarole86
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I am SO sore today from my flexibiltiy work for this yoga inversion program.
    Today is hollow body and line work (so it says) so my body is likely going to be feeling all the new things all week.
    Work stress is high - lots of change is coming which will require a re-org, and a broader scope of my role. Getting more and more entrenched at a higher level. Takes a lot for me to get there mentally - stuck between wanting to progress / achieve and the toll it takes on other aspects of life.
    Careers are such a balance. I've had lots of thoughts lately that I wish I'd gotten into something that combined physical movement with my workday (nursing, perhaps?) A thought I'd never had before, but it seems so efficient!
This discussion has been closed.