WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe
    Wow, great loss! Love your "thread bankruptcy" term you've said the last couple days by the way, made me laugh. This chat can sometimes be VERY quiet and sometimes it's quite busy. We welcome all levels of engagement - whatever helps you! :) Your pasta looked friggin' divine!!!

@ells_bellz
    Great loss for you too - way to start off with amazing steps too. Love those walks that turn into a big one!!

@PlaneMonkey
    The difference is that you're here now, accountable to yourself (and us!), and this will not be a tumble! 180's will be back before you know it!

8/4 exercise:
    10,953 steps + 46 minutes Peloton

My weight was down again today - it's been dropping every day since we returned from the trip but today was the smallest drop yet so I think it'll be normalcy around here from here on out. We are heading out to the lake tonight for the weekend - it's been a while since we've been there because of our vacation. Looking forward to that! It's a bit harder to get quality exercise out there but we will get it done, our steps if nothing else!!

• LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe

My weight was down again today - it's been dropping every day since we returned from the trip but today was the smallest drop yet so I think it'll be normalcy around here from here on out. We are heading out to the lake tonight for the weekend - it's been a while since we've been there because of our vacation. Looking forward to that! It's a bit harder to get quality exercise out there but we will get it done, our steps if nothing else!!

ooooh lake, have fun!
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    CW 190.2
    Not impressed with myself but there is also still some food in transit after my 'too sick to play hockey' pity-party with the cookie box. I heard all of your voices telling me I didn't need another as I reached into the cupboard, but I'm a victim of my success and I fluffed it off with 'I can lose it again, I've done it before' which is the slippery slope I've tumbled down on each of my major weight-loss life events. I will not let it get that far! We are turning this wagon around. Back to the lower decade by next week or else I will have to think of some serious consequences.... Like no cake on my birthday next week... Or having to do burpees... Or something equally horrible!

Feel free to brainstorm team!

Not the burpees :s , I don't think I could do one if my life depended on it. I'm sure you'll be back in the groove and the lower decade next week
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    LoraineGB wrote: »

Not the burpees :s , I don't think I could do one if my life depended on it. I'm sure you'll be back in the groove and the lower decade next week

Burpees are one of the worst inventions on this earth, my knees creak just thinking about them.

If that doesnt keep me from reaching for an extra cookie, I don't know what will!!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    PW 231.2
    CW 230.8

This was actually my weigh in from yesterday before the burgers, fries and shakes. I had been this for a few days and suspect I will be this weight tomorrow. Otherwise I would have to report no loss today and I don't think that really represents my week. All this grocery store talk and that is exactly where I need to go today! I will need to plan some meals first!

I have these little macro cookbooks that I have been cooking from and like. I have the spring and summer books already. I just ordered the treats and fall books. I will share pictures soon.
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options

I have these little macro cookbooks that I have been cooking from and like. I have the spring and summer books already. I just ordered the treats and fall books. I will share pictures soon.

ooh, yes please, I'm very interested in macro cookbooks!
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    We’re on our way to St Charles, MO for the weekend. Probably won’t hear anything from me until Sunday afternoon.

Have a great weekend all!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,041 Member
    Options
    OK folks, things are running a bit behind - you're making me bring out the big guns!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I forgot to mention that all recipes are 40% carbs 30% protein and 30% fats. Every recipe follows this format. They also have a section to help you with getting your calories figured out and give tips to adjust portions to meet calories. They also have a workout section but its pretty skimpy.
  • CarolAnnM2
    CarolAnnM2 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak My condolences on your loss, welcome back (hugs)
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Ohh Sylvia, it's heartbreaking to hear about your mom but she is finally at peace and calm is a good place to be. She was loved and will be missed. Hugs going to you and your family
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @conleywoods Eek! I LOVE those!!! I am definitely going to get them. Thanks for sharing.
  • KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    @eggfreak, I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Sending you big virtual hugs and praying for you.💕 When you are ready, we will crush the our fall weight loss, but for now, take care of yourself and give your self time to grieve.
This discussion has been closed.