WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• KellyBgetsfit
    KellyBgetsfit Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I finally broke my streak yesterday...kind of. It was another Kindergarten Teacher's birthday, so I had a small piece of cake. Then, when I got home, I was so hot from parent pick up, I ate an ice cream sandwich. I logged it and was actually only 50 calories over my goal deficit , and way below what my fitbit said!!! According to my fitbit, which I know isn't always accurate, I burned 2400 yesterday. My macro calculated calorie goal is 1548. This morning, the scale was down a pound from Wed, which is very motivating to keep it together this weekend

@ashleycarole It really depends on the region you live in. East and West Coast states tend tostart after Labor Day (beginning of Sept)but go until June. We start in Aug, but get out before Memorial Day (end of May). Arizona goes back in July!!! They have more of a year round model with longer breaks during the year.

@micki48 That is so exciting that you get to work in Juliette's class. I currently don't have any pants that fit me well, hence the weight loss motivation. I have been rocking dresses since it so hot. My pants, and shirts definitely vary in sizes.

@loraineGB at the beginning of the year, it is insane! This time of year, I just want them to learn to raise their hands, so I allow all kinds of questions and comments and it takes forever to get through a lesson. But, I love it.

@Jugar you are amazing getting all your steps so late in the day. I had a pretty good week, so I might beat you. 😏 Mabel was crying half the night, no idea why, so I am exhausted, but you are motivating to me to get up and move!!!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    @jugar if you can throw in one more step challenge line to the spreadsheet, that'd be great!

Exercise catchup:
    8/11: 16986 steps + 37 minutes Peloton
    8/12: 7676 steps + 10 minutes strength
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    How does the daily step thing work? I have a Garmin.

Got your steps - thanks!

The week runs Sunday-Saturday, so I'll just need your Saturday steps tomorrow as well.
    Additionally, if you do any minutes of intentional exercise outside your step counts, please go ahead and give me those minutes of activity as well as I can convert those to steps and add them.
    Lastly, if you have a daily step goal with that in mind that you are targeting, let me know and I'll also keep track of how many days you hit that.

Thanks!

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,093 Member
    Options
    I just realised that I forgot to put in the Friday night reminder! I think I was tired...

SO - who still needs to weigh in this week?
    @jan110144
    @JEB03253
    @mmarceau2
    @EvMakesChanges
    @veronica1359
    @panera88
    @Shawtytel
    @Terytha

Thanks!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    The August Week 3 Group Challenge is posted and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Aug 14th. I hope you'll join us for "DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT!" Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10871470/august-week-3-group-challenge-do-something-different/p1?new=1

Hope to see you there!
    Jessica :blush:
  • jugar
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe Wow! Those photos are great - and you look amazing. I love the lighting - usually exercise classes are in boring fully lit spaces. I can see why you enjoy this. Great atmosphere, beautiful moves, and lots of muscles and flexibility. WTG!

The truly beautiful colours and flavours are now flowing in from the garden - eggplant, four kinds of tomatoes, red chard, kale, carrots, beans, zucchini, and still some blueberries. Yum. And so far I have not had to start plotting the downfall of the groundhog kingdom! As long as I give the slugs some beer and the cabbage moths some BT, all is quiet and we get to eat it all.

The week is coming to a close! Send in those last weigh-ins, and we'll see how we shaped up alongside the other teams.
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    @CupcakeCrusoe That looks so fun! Thanks for sharing those!

@Terytha The festival sounds like a great time!

@jugar We had a small war with our ground hogs awhile ago and so far they are keeping their distance! Sounds like you are getting a great haul this year!

Last night my macros were in the ballpark but I just didn't feel like I made the best quality choices overall 😕 Today I am on track to hit my macros and I feel pretty good about my food choices 😌 I did have some trail mix which isn't exactly the best but it sounded so good! I went for a nice walk with the dog this morning.
  • jugar
    Options
    Last Call!

Please send me your numbers or ask for the week off by 8 am Eastern - thanks!

@jan110144
    @JEB03253
    @EvMakesChanges
    @panera88
    @Shawtytel
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,241 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

4iuhmv22ek1j.png
    jzuxe5t2olv3.png

Leaderboardgraphic.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    0wgzd5stp47o.png

By Pounds
    v6kwgamwgf0p.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    16l57oyilxth.png

By Pounds
    mh1j6qksiwi2.png
    lthkmt50om9a.png

Team Winners
    e5xymbk9oqab.png
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86

Steps for back end of week:

Th 10,206
    Fr 9,792
    Sa 8,593 ( :| felt like there should be a 1 at the front of that number!)

• MsMcClane
    MsMcClane Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Steps for the week;
    Sun. Aug 7 - 10,295
    Mon. Aug 8 - 12,166
    Tue. Aug 9 - 13,244
    Wed. Aug 10 - 11,968
    Thu. Aug 11 - 11,344
    Fri. Aug 12 - 11,026
    Sat. Aug 13 - 11,026

Question regarding activities on top of steps; Are we to remove our tracker at the time of other activities?

I have seen some talk of macros. I found that I had to choose to either track calories or macros. Both does not appear to be an option. I do keep track of my proteins but being plant-based, my protein comes from beans, legumes, nuts and seeds. So when they are entered in the diary, I get carb and fat 'warnings'. Does MFP differentiate between the "good" fats and the "bad" fats? Is there a way to be mindful of macros AND calories for those who are plant-based?

I have fallen off the tracking train but have drank my water and done my steps. Am curious about tomorrow's weigh in.

Here's to a fab Sunday!

This discussion has been closed.