WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,087 Member
    Options
    What a step group! Congrats @KellyBgetsfit and @bobagurl2017 for flanking me on the podium! The thorn between two roses, as my dad used to say :smiley: Seriously, it is fabulous having such a great group of participants and such results week after week. There are no prizes, not even real competition - just the pleasure of moving more and keeping each other at it. Thanks!

I did not hit my exercise goal today, but got a lot more practicing time than usual, which is at least physical, standing, deep breathing, and trying to figure out how to get all kinds of systems to work together. I also went to a rehearsal by a local dance company I hope to collaborate with this year. Just watching them should have burned quite a few calories, but somehow I don't think it works that way. Bummer!

Time for the Wednesday Heads-Up!
    @AshenMoon
    @KellyBgetsFit
    @lauren_989

And it is not too late for
    @jan110144
    @KayLRZ
    @christhiann
    @MoonlitMuse

Keep well through moves, new teaching year beginnings, and all the other challenges. :heart:
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    The hot tub arrived but the hose and pump system we rigged up to fill it wasn't powerful to pump it all the way up so after a dozen round trips or so up and down the cliff trying different hoses and routings, we finally gave up and used the garden hose and the house pump. We're about 2/3rds full after several hours. Fingers crossed it didn't overly exert the pump. It likely wiped through the filters so we will have to change them sooner than later.

The tub got scratched up a bunch during delivery and a few of the refurbishment items we were promised were not done so overall we're pretty sad with the purchase but once we get it filled and the water chemicals sorted out I'm sure we will perk up. It's pretty with the lights on

As for all the other things scheduled for this overwhelming week, they all just fell in place by accident. Québec has 'construction holiday' where most businesses shut down entirely for the last week of July and first week of August, so if you don't receive your order before mid-July, don't expect to see it before mid-August.... So the window companies should be calling any day now....
    The couch was the last show-room model left in the province and its being shipped to us Saturday from @jugar's neighbourhood store via the warehouse in Montreal. I've already arranged to give away the old couch on Friday evening so that's one thing off the list

I did overeat this afternoon while I was anxiously awaiting the tub delivery. I will have to do better tomorrow. Can't have a complete rebound of last week's progress!

Sadly I took my Garmin off so I could fit my arm into a gap in the tub base to connect the wiring and didn't put it back on before all my mountain goat action up and down the cliff with the hoses. Sigh. Would have liked to know the stats on that!
  • micki48
    micki48 Posts: 2,259 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi everyone. Took a 2 mile hike today but my Fitbit went critically low and shut down. Then I pretty much forgot to put it back on after it charged. I was over my 7k steps anyway, but guessing I would have easily been over 10k.

Have you ever seen that photo of 5 pounds of fat? Well, lately I believe I can see/feel two of those right around my middle. Makes sense since I’ve gained about 2 and a half of them. I don’t like this. Ugh.

@Kali225 Good luck with your move! Moving definitely counts as a workout.

@PlaneMonkey Sorry to hear you ran into problems with the Hottub. The scratches are disappointing too. But once you’re enjoying those jets, you’ll forget about the scratches.

@jugar so glad to hear you are playing your flute with purpose again. You must be so happy to play with other musicians.

• ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Hey team!

Today was good. A smoothie for breakfast, veggie wraps for lunch, snacks that included oranges, radishes, and Greek yogurt, and a celebratory glass of champagne to celebrate my good friend's graduation from her college program.

Work is stressful and will remain so, so I'm focusing on self-care and enjoying my time outside work as much as possible so I'm as refreshed as I can be when i get to work.

Brad got home from his work trip and I joined him for 30 minutes of upper body strength training. Felt so good!

@PlaneMonkey Sorry the tub delivery had bumps in the road. Hope those feelings do melt away when you take your first dip!

@micki48 I have not seen that photo but I'm on my way to find it now!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday 😊
    I am really thrilled that I made a plan for my mother in laws birthday and I stuck with the plan 🙌 A lot of times I make the plan but things start to slide. I had to be pretty strict with breakfast and lunch to get all of the macros to work. I did a ton of cooking through out the day which kept me busy. I did some sewing today and added some more accessories to a clouds and crystals cage set for the guinea pigs. I definitely need a day off from cooking. I made everything from scratch for the party. Coconut shrimp, twice baked potato casserole and salad for the meal. I made a really fun Malibu sunset cake with Coconut rum in the batter and 3 flavors of icing (vanilla, cherry and pineapple). I made Malibu sunset drinks too!
    yxi1zja8dr84.jpg

@PlaneMonkey That is so annoying that the hot tub delivery didn't go as planned and they didn't give you what they said they would. Hopefully they make it right. Either way hot tubs feel nice with or without scratches.

@micki48 My wellness coach has the 5 lb fat gloob model in her office!

@jugar You have had a lot of really interesting musical opportunities lately! Must be a very welcome change 😊 Love hearing about your adventures!

@ashleycarole86 It is great that you are focusing on self care right now. It's amazing how just little things like that can carry you through tough times. Sometimes work can really push It's way to the forefront of our lives. I try and remember that if I work 40 hours a week I still have 128 hours a week at home. I hope you find some nice ways to make that time count! Hugs
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    jugar wrote: »
    Happy GREEN Friday! So many beautiful green numbers happening - you are all amazing.

First big tiara - to @dillyg08 - you are in ONEDERLAND
    lm14vfeiz21j.png
    Second big tiara - gotta have one with that hockey uniform, @PlaneMonkey . In fact, I think this is you as a child -
    zle9m3m5i7xm.png

Thank you so much!
    I need to be more active on here. I've been missing out on some great postings.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    @conleywoods

OMG girl!! Can I crawl through the screen for that cake? Amazing.. so beautiful. Daughter in-law of the year!!

Love to hear that good planning paid off. Your meal sounded so tasty too
  • jugar
    Options
    @conleywoods I'm with @ashleycarole86 trying to crawl through the screen to fight her for that last piece of cake! And I don't usually like cake - the fact that there is no chocolate involved helps a lot :smiley: DIL of the year award!

@dillyg08 you are right that hanging out here more often is good for the mood, intentions, and planning.

@jan110144
    @KayLRZ
    @christhiann
    @MoonlitMuse
    We are missing you! Please check in if you are able to - hopefully you are having wonderful times, but if you are in need of some time off or having any problems that make it hard to participate, just let me know. Thanks!
  • LoraineGB
    LoraineGB Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    e1najmmp4im2.png

We are HOT STEPPERS!!

I am amazed at how much we walk as a team, woot woot!
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    The hot tub arrived but the hose and pump system we rigged up to fill it wasn't powerful to pump it all the way up so after a dozen round trips or so up and down the cliff trying different hoses and routings, we finally gave up and used the garden hose and the house pump. We're about 2/3rds full after several hours. Fingers crossed it didn't overly exert the pump. It likely wiped through the filters so we will have to change them sooner than later.

The tub got scratched up a bunch during delivery and a few of the refurbishment items we were promised were not done so overall we're pretty sad with the purchase but once we get it filled and the water chemicals sorted out I'm sure we will perk up. It's pretty with the lights on

The first time you soak in the tub, all the frustrations will float away. We kept the chemicals in by the pump and put them in after every soak.. The filters were washable, I hope it's the same for you.
  • LoraineGB
    Options
    I am one of those that starts something and doesn't always finish it. I have a membership for Team Body Project and have started many of their two week workout plans and finished none.

Today, I am on day 9 of 10 for their Metabolic Plan and I am so excited about finishing it. Yesterday, I did it in the studio of the gym, it was nice to have the mirrors to watch my form. The studio is about 30ftx30ft and halfway through, a guy from the weights area came in and plotted down right next to me to do floor exercises. There was only the two of us in there and he literally got on the floor two feet from me. I didn't let it deter me, I carried on as if he wasn't there, huffing, puffing and all!
  • conleywoods
    conleywoods Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 and @jugar I know my MIL really appreciated the effort and it was a delicious cake! Really glad there is only one piece left and the kids will have it. @jugar I'm with you, I prefer vanilla based cake and can easily pass on a chocolate cake. I don't bake often but I do alright when I do. My daughter wants me to open a cake shop now 🙄 that would be 👎 bad! Fun fact: to save money on our wedding I baked and decorated our 3 tier fondant cake😲 I was crazy!
  • ashleycarole86
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Congrats @LoraineGB .. way to follow through on completion! Also love that you didn't let the weird guy get in your way, LOL

My yoga inversion program has fell by the wayside... I could relate to the starting and not finishing.. to be honest sometimes I bite off more than I can chew, but I think how I respond to that is key... and sometimes STARTING and not finishing is better than not starting at all (something for this perfectionist to remember!!!) I'll get back to it soon!!

@conleywoods
    I can be there by car in less than a day.. don't tempt me!! No one wants to see me wrestle the last piece of cake out of your kid's hands!! Hahaha

Well I have a filling to get done at the dentist tonight, AND work had the nerve to book a last minute meeting over my lunch hour, so my step count thus far is dismal and not planning to get any better until close to bedtime! My sweet little dog still needs her walk and she's patiently waiting for the temps to drop so that it's safe for her to be out so we will all get what we need in a bit here...

8/16 exercise:
    10636 steps + 30 minutes strength training
  • jugar
    Options
    My yoga inversion program has fell by the wayside... I could relate to the starting and not finishing.. to be honest sometimes I bite off more than I can chew, but I think how I respond to that is key... and sometimes STARTING and not finishing is better than not starting at all (something for this perfectionist to remember!!!) I'll get back to it soon!!
    It is not only sometimes that starting and not finishing is better than not starting - it is almost always better. Starting is the ONLY way to discover if the thing is for you, or if it is but maybe in a different format, etc. You gave it a try, and it was not for right now, or not for you. As long as you keep searching for those programs that can work for you and don't give up on all of them! I have one kettlebell guru whose programs I really like, but at my age, there is no way my muscles build as fast as they would have when I was younger. So I get discouraged because the 30-day or whatever schedule is too fast for me. Finally I have swallowed my pride and I repeat weeks, or only do the first 2 weeks over the whole month, or whatever format I can make work for me. Another site with programs I love in theory did not work at all. I tried a couple of their programs, learned some interesting things, and then said NOPE. Those programs were just not for me. At no time, though, have I given up on the goal to maintain strength (or build where possible!), keep good muscle tone and flexibility, and be able to chase those groundhogs all the way off the property.

But I'm all in there with you to cheer for @LoraineGB ! The serial starting habit is tough to break, and sticking with it long enough to really see a difference is fantastic! I could just picture you keeping at it with the guy doing his floor exercises right next to you - I hope some of your sweat dripped on him! Well done. If you can finish day 9 under those circumstances, I have no worries that you are going to finish up day 10 :smiley:

I am perishing of thirst after a very salty and overindulgent snack today, so off for some H2O and a ride on the exercise bike to sweat some of that snack right off.

Thursday is coming! It's your turn -

@Kali225
    @AshenMoon
    @PlaneMonkey
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86

Thanks!

• CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Good morning WaistAways!

181 on the dot this morning, so I'll drink my water and hope it sticks around for tomorrow.

Going to declare bankruptcy again, I've read all your posts, but I've got to get going for today, so....

Thanks everyone for the compliments on my chair and pole pictures! It makes me feel great, and I can see myself getting better at it. And I'm surrounded by hot girls doing hot things, so win-win-win.

just a quick drive by tagging:
    @conleywoods The cake looks so good! I used to make boozy cupcakes all the time, one of which was tequila sunrise flavored. Your cake reminds me of that. My favorite boozy cupcakes were my irish car bomb ones, though- guinness batter, chocolate whiskey ganache inside, with irish cream infused frosting. :kissing_heart: I think I know what I'm making for my birthday this year...

@ashleycarole86 thanks again for the steps roundup! It's so fun seeing how far we travel as a team!

@LoraineGB ughhhh dudes at the gym, ugh. I'm glad you didn't let his creepdom stop you!

Anyway! Tonight is some more gym stuff! Finishing these two classes today will put me at 5 classes already this week, and I'm scheduled for 7! (Monday with three classes was...maybe too many in one day, lol)

Have a great Thursday, everyone!
This discussion has been closed.