Weekly check in Aug 15-2

Options
opalle
opalle Posts: 234 Member
edited August 2022 in Social Groups
Thought maybe until this group gets a bit more active we can do a weekly check-in thread and just add to it though out the week. See if it gets more traction.

I'm open to ideas.

How is it going? Plans for this week? Goals?

I have an old friend coming to spend a few days with us tomorrow so today I'm throwing on the tunes and cleaning house. I'll also be meal planning but will be more focused on making some great dinners for my guest. I'll try sticking within my limit but if I eat at maintenance while she's here, I'm fine with that. She loves her walks though so even if my food isn't perfect this week, I'll be getting lots of exercise in. I"m just looking forward to spending some quality time with a good friend.

Replies

• ktilton70130
    ktilton70130 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    This week will be crazy with the kids schedule. However my focus is just to remain in a calorie deficit and drink water and get my steps in daily. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday gym days this week. Strength training of course remains the focus.
    Weigh in on Thursday.
  • wildnotions
    wildnotions Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    My goal is to not throw in the towel like I usually do after the first few days with weight fluctuations after the initial loss. I'm on day 4 right now and that is usually when I start to feel more hunger pangs.
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,956 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to get some more activity going in this group... glad to see more folks arriving or maybe we should create a new group all together since the leader doesn't appear to be active any longer.

At any rate, I just returned from vacation. Since March, I had lost 20 lbs. I found 3 of them which isn't bad for being on vacation.

My goal this week is getting back on track with water consumption (half my body weight) and meal planning as well as resting from my vacation!! :)
  • itladyee
    Options
    My goal is to not throw in the towel like I usually do after the first few days with weight fluctuations after the initial loss. I'm on day 4 right now and that is usually when I start to feel more hunger pangs.

Keep with it. Slow and steady. I'm guilty of weighing daily which I know you shouldn't for the reason you mention...as long as the trend (over days) is downward...you are good!
  • itladyee
    Options
    This week will be crazy with the kids schedule. However my focus is just to remain in a calorie deficit and drink water and get my steps in daily. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday gym days this week. Strength training of course remains the focus.
    Weigh in on Thursday.

Let us know how you do with your goals and what we can do to help!
  • itladyee
    Options
    opalle wrote: »
    Thought maybe until this group gets a bit more active we can do a weekly check-in thread and just add to it though out the week. See if it gets more traction.

I'm open to ideas.

How is it going? Plans for this week? Goals?

I have an old friend coming to spend a few days with us tomorrow so today I'm throwing on the tunes and cleaning house. I'll also be meal planning but will be more focused on making some great dinners for my guest. I'll try sticking within my limit but if I eat at maintenance while she's here, I'm fine with that. She loves her walks though so even if my food isn't perfect this week, I'll be getting lots of exercise in. I"m just looking forward to spending some quality time with a good friend.

Let's hear about those great dinners :)
    Ok....i need to focus though!
  • teelabrown7
    teelabrown7 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of a weekly thread! It’s hard for me to check in every day!
    I went for a bike ride with my husband yesterday and kayaking with my sister-in-love today! I’m exhausted!
    Heading home this week. Driving days are difficult as I find it easy to overeat on the road.
  • opalle
    Options

I find it helpful to not look at this as an all or nothing thing. Everyday doesn't have to be a diet. So if you have a day where you are hungry and eat more, it's just a day.

This is round three for me. This time I'm going the slow and permanent route and not focusing on the scale as much as I am at changing habits and relearning hunger/fullness cues. My calorie deficit is only set to half a lb per week. I'll probably take a week off every 10lbs too and eat at maintenance. As long as the trajectory is going in the right direction, no matter how slow its moving, I'm happy.

• opalle
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »

Let's hear about those great dinners :)
    Ok....i need to focus though!

Home-made burgers tonight, with cucumber salad, and pasta carbonara tomorrow. I got called into work yesterday so the hubby BBQed some sausage and peppers.
  • teelabrown7
    teelabrown7 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Opalle thank you for the great advice!
    I wholeheartedly agree!

Home again! It’s great to be home.