August 2022 - Let’s Do This!

Options

Replies

• zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    @Antiopelle thank you for sharing about the mammograms and your kind thoughts

I'm glad you feel better @HoneyBadger302.

That will be a fantastic reunion, @k8richer. Love the picture!

After I got done with the weight class today, I experimented with "running" around the block. I estimated that I did 5 minutes without running out of breath, and I did not try to do more, so I do think I have improved because of the weight training.

Some of the weights seemed not heavy enough today, but I'm glad I paced myself because I couldn't do all of the planks and burpees.

Also the forward arm lift is challenging, even with just 7.5 lb weights. I could do the 10 lb weights overhead with no problem

I have to be disciplined on Sunday and report my weight. I'm sure I have the fluctuations that we have had a lot of comments on, but my eating is definitely not where it should be.

Happy weekend!

• SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    @zenobia9777 Hope you had a great day the Turner Falls. Did your grandson enjoy it? Did you take any pics you'd like to share?
    @k8richer I hope you have a great time in Vancouver. PS, I added you as a friend, thanks for the invite.
    @HoneyBadger302 I'm glad you're feeling a little better, and some exercise is certainly better than none (which is what I did today :/ ) It was pouring rain outside all day, and I was doing a bunch of housework and some cooking, so didn't get any actual exercise in.
  • zenobia9777
    edited August 2022
    Options
    uk1c9vlsgrdb.jpg

777 zipline
    I have trouble with photos...
  • zenobia9777
    edited August 2022
    Options
    kjndx9tdyqso.jpg
    dabonaf9sj57.jpg
    n6th1isrbrb1.jpg
    Turner Falls from above.

@SparkSpringtime69 yes. both did!

We did not do the Zipline. The ride is a two person seater that takes 77 seconds!!!

It was a perfect day. The falls are a bit dry, but the park was deserted. Collings Castle ruins are amazing.

Accountability...
    I continue with weight fluctuations.

Goal weight - 110 by October 26
    IWe go on vacation that day.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @zenobia9777 Wow, that looks like a fun place to spend a day. Glad to hear you all had a good time, and thanks for sharing the pics, they came out great.
  • Iitstuesday
    Iitstuesday Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello friends. On the road - driving all over and looking at colleges for my daughter. Really fun trip in all but lots of driving, hotels, meals out which means completely out of my routine. I packed some healthy snacks but just really not making all the best choices. It is really hard to eat at a ballpark- especially if you don’t eat much meat. Even so “healthy” options are few. Fortunately it’s temporary but as we know one week out of the routine will take me at least 6 to correct. And I had been doing really well. And was down before I left. Oh well - the see-saw of those last 5+ pounds we are all fighting.

@CeeBeeSlim - hope you are well and feeling ok.
    @zenobia9777 beautiful pics - looks like a great time. And good job with accountability- I am trying to stay accountable and track while on the road. Dreading the results when I get home.
    @HoneyBadger302 loved your hike pics. I love to be out in the woods when I can. Sorry about your bad news. Just awful news. Hope you are doing better.
    @k8richer hope your trip is going well. I would love to go to Vancouver one day.
    @SparkSpringtime69 hope the leg cramps are better. They are awful and painful. I have heard about a potassium connection but not sure how valid that is. Hope you are feeling better.

Wish me luck friends - three more states and four more days of lots of driving…two more hotels, another ballpark. Honestly having a wonderful time but just wish I could do all this and eat better and exercise too. Sigh. Isn’t that all of us 😉
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    I hear you @litstuesday. But you are making some wonderful memories with your daughter.

We actually did better on the road trip than at home. We packed a bag of kale salad, cheese, and deli turkey, which we assembled into pita pockets. Also a bag of clementines. The boys had small bottles of juice but then we all drank water after that..
    I have to confess that I split a small bag of Skittles.

I babysat a little boys overnight and that is bad for my eating habits. Some people at my house wanted me to buy cookies. My undoing

Back to it...
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, Pals! Slowly catching up on you all! Glad to be back and thanks for the warm and well wishes.

Good timing as in my inbox this morning was a pyramid graphic illustrating the key principles of fat loss - the most important of 5 - nutrition, sleep, and stress! I’m probably a D- on all three but recommitting today! Missed y’all!❤️

• SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @litstuesday, sounds like a fun road trip even with the challenge to healthy habits. I'll bet you'll get right back on top of things as soon as you get back. My leg cramps seem to have subsided the last few nights-I'm hoping it continues. I read about a potassium connection as well.
    @zenobia9777, kids and cookies (and ice cream) kind of go hand-in-hand, don't they?
    @CeeBeeSlim, my grade is not so good on those either!
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @zenobia9777 : super pics, it seems a really nice place!

I'm a week in, and my net cals are on point for the last 7 days.
    I've clocked in a 87km (54miles) bike ride in one go, I did stop for some drink and a packed lunch.
    3 long dives (around 5 hours in total spent under water)
    1 heavy PT session
    2 gym session - muscle build
    1 walk - 5 km / 3 miles

I feel like being my former self again :smiley:
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    @Antiopelle that is inspiring. I would love to hear about the diving

Welcome back, @CeeBeeSlim. That is a good reminder about the support structures we need. I'm still suffering from my family drama, but at least I finally got better sleep in last night although one of the dogs needed to go outside twice around 2:00 a.m.
    I have an app called Sleep Hypno, which is 35 minutes long and really does help you get back to sleep.

@SparkSpringtime69 of course you are right, but I'm trying to be better so I can keep up with these little kids!!!

Do you know why the cramps have subsided? At least it's better!

Well, I decided to seriously log my food now. I really haven't had a goal for a while, except keeping up the exercise.

I will try to report on my adding of food. It's a lot easier if you don't eat too much or eat expensive unhealthy food. Can't afford to eat out.

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    My weekend was pretty nice. Saturday got some stuff done around the house and did some relaxing (OMG lol) and actually plopped on the couch and watched a movie!

Sunday was up in the mountains all day - cookout at a buddy's shop, then I took off for a ride for most of the afternoon, then a little more hanging out that evening. Despite not getting enough sleep last night by the time we got home, and being slightly cranky from that lol, it was a decent weekend.

Pic I snapped at one stop I took.

mezzeobqmz4f.jpg
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

I'm back again again. Life always makes things harder, doesn't it?

I stood on the scales today after actively avoiding it for months. Heaviest I've ever been. Only by 2lbs, but still. 188lbs at the moment, which puts my BMI at 27.

I changed jobs, my partner has gone through a tough medical time (bulging discs in his c-spine), been on holiday, I've had two lots of lower back spasms in the last 2 months). And then on Saturday I found myself in the supermarket looking for a dessert but was put off by everthing. Ended up with just small pots of mousse, as a lighter alternative. I think a switch has flicked, because that is unlike me.

Basic stats:
    Height: 5'10" (178cm)
    Weight today: 188.2lbs (13st 6.2lbs / 85.36kg)

Not sure on weigh in day. Maybe just when it suits me, rather than a set day. We'll see.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @Antiopelle I'm impressed, especially by the 54 mile bike ride - I can do maybe half of that and would have to stop at least 3 times for drink, LOL. I'd also love to hear more about the diving. Where do you dive? How long did it take you to learn?
    @zenobia9777 I've found that I usually eat much better when I log my food, especially if I plan out the meals ahead of time, but there is a bit of work to doing it that way. Regarding the cramps: someone in another group mentioned that they haven't had any cramps since they quit drinking for a while. I haven't had a drink in four days, and four night without cramps. I'll probably be having a few glasses of wine tonight, so if the cramps come back I'm going to attribute it to that, otherwise I'm going to assume it's some sort of vitamin or mineral imbalance/deficiency. I'll report back :)
    @HoneyBadger302 sounds like a fun weekend. Is that actually you racing in your profile photo!!?
    @rianneonamission nice to meet you. I just joined this group a few months ago and am really impressed and inspired by the members here. I'm sorry to hear about your and your partner's back problems, I hope they clear up for both of you.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @zenobia9777 - So very sorry to hear about your niece. Sounds like she has a great support system around her.

@Antiopelle Diving? I’m so jealous. My utopia NSV would be to just learn how to swim. Never learned. Always scared of water. Too embarrassed at my age to take a class 🥸.

Did pretty well the last few days. Ate well. Exercised. Met daily step goal. Scale going down. Feel better in my clothes.

It confounds me - as great as I feel now - why oh why do I stop being active and just become a lump when I feel so good moving my body and eating well? Maybe it’s just the balance we all need a time. Just hoping I can ride this wave for while. 🤞🤞🤞
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @rianneonamission : welcome back ! I'm just back myself from a long period of "intuitive eating", :lol: , which for me just is a pass to eat whatever I want and see the weight come on. And now we are back and making the best of it, right?

@everyone interested in diving: for me this is more than a hobby, it is a true passion. I've learned on holiday in 1998, then I didn't for a few years. Then we started again in 2003, and that is when I discovered we have some awesome sites nearby in The Netherlands. I started to go there almost every weekend, and now that I'm working 80% (I'm free on Thursdays), I go there twice if weather permits. It is cold water diving, hence the - now way to small - drysuit. This summer with this everlasting heatwave the water is a toasty 22°/72Fht. It will start to go down soon, with lows in February around 1°/34Fht. With a bit of luck I'll celebrate my 2.000th dive end of this year. The divesites where I go are situated in a estuary where a lot of critters from the North Sea come to have their offspring, which makes it super interesting from a naturalist point of view. It's a bit like bird watching, but under water. I'll stop now, as I could go on for a few hundred posts :wink:

@CeeBeeSlim : we have swimming classes for adults, maybe you can see if a swimming pool nearby offer such classes? You are NEVER too old to try something new, certainly not swimming.
  • zenobia9777
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Welcome @rianneonamission. That is so funny about the intuitive eating. I also suffer from scale avoidance syndrome.

Really interesting about the North Sea diving. I have only snorkeled in the Florida keys. but that was a great experience.

I will echo you to @CeeBeeSlim that you're never too old. Our water aerobics classes actually cater to people who don't swim, which might be a good way to get involved with it.

Also on the mystery of why we go through these cycles ... I think we just get lured into whatever the rhythms are of our subconscious mammalian brains. You have to fight that all the time.

I'm glad you are feeling better!

@HoneyBadger302 you must feel so free on those adventures. Love it!

@SparkSpringtime69, please do report back about your experiment. You're so right about planning the food. Bad food can be in the house as long as it's out of sight. I just need to get alternatives to eat and that means you have to plan ahead.

That and using the scales are the only ways I can ever make progress

I had my first good day logging food in a long time and I was only slightly hungry. Started out right with yogurt and blueberries today.

I did well at circuit training except for the planks. Going to a later yoga this morning since I overslept. I still haven't gotten my body in sync to go to sleep earlier. And getting a nap is not always possible.

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    August has been a write off for me. To much crappy eating and booze at the lake. Slowly getting back on track this week but will make it hard core after sept long. Feel like crap… need to get back eating better and working out
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Sticking to the workouts this week, definitely feel so much better when I'm moving more - a lot more energy in general, to the point where I'm almost buzzing sometimes it feels like. Slight downward trend in the blood pressure as well adding the workouts back in again with a little bit of cardio bursts.

@SparkSpringtime69 yes, that's me in the photos :)

@rianneonamission you got this - one choice at a time, one day at a time! I like to pick a pretty stable day for my weigh in and measuring (just started doing that again). So Wednesday mornings after using the bathroom when I get up - mid week, so I'm into my weekday routine a couple days (any weekend fluctuations should be pretty well gone). I do this so it's as controlled as weigh-ins ever can be.

@Antiopelle that's pretty cool on the diving - it's so great when you find your passion!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @Antiopelle @zenobia9777 - Thanks for the encouragement! I researched adult swim classes and found something called Swimbox. Will look into it. 😵‍💫😱

@renaegry @rianneonamission It will come together for you. One meal one workout at a time.

Thinking a dumping my Fitbit. It’s on its last legs. Anyone use a Garmin? Or Apple Watch?