Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,783 Member
    @FushiaKat @davidji82 @cybernurse251 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard, teammates! Well done!

@askewcr Great weigh-in!

@bethanie0825 How terrible. I'm so sorry. It sounds like a busy time, too. That's good you maintained through all of this.

@TeresaW1020 Have a fun time at the potluck! No pain no gain indeed!

Hi all. I am having a pretty good weekend. I started tracking again yesterday. I made a healthy breakfast decision at a cafe yesterday which I consider a big win. Today, I am meeting a friend for coffee. Have a great Sunday!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,046 Member
    19shmoo69
    Week4
    Sunday
    P. W. 281
    C. W. 281

I have to use my old weight. We had to get up early and head out. So no scale steps.
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    edited August 2022
    Weigh In
    Username: Jactop
    Weigh in day:
    PW: 194.4
    CW: 192.2

Steps
    Wed 17 - 7298
    18 - 10678
    19 - 14696
    20 - 11662
    21 - 11971
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 466 Member
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 139.6
    CW: 143.2
    Goal Wieght 135-140

😳
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 688 Member
    Hi everyone. Quick check in before work. I’m still not down to the weight I was a few weeks ago but at least it started moving again. I started lifting weights 3x per week and my body is rebelling lol. My cortisol levels are probably at an all time high but I’m determined to hang in there and see what happens. I also found it interesting that I’ve been having a hard time staying in ketosis while eating the same way I was prior to lifting weights. This morning some of the inflammation and accompanying joint pain eased up and my ketones are back up again. Weird.

I feel like I’m the only person who can stick to a ketogenic diet, work out 5 days a week (on a program set up by a personal trainer), get in 10k steps per day and still gain weight. It’s very discouraging. Im trying to stay focused on my birthday in mid October and see where I’ll be if I keep doing what I’m doing now.

@Katmary71 and @trooworld your posts about cleaning your plate made me laugh. One time my mother made mashed potatoes and mixed in cooked peas 🤮🤢 and I had to sit there until I finished it. It wasn’t even good hot but cold and lumpy was horrid. I’m still scared.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,482 Member
    @FushiaKat Holy cow that room is awesome! Glad the new computer is amazing, they're a pain to learn but fun once you get used to it.

@leti26 I've been wanting to go to the Van Gogh immersion, glad to hear it was worthwhile! Hope you're rocking the veggies and being active.

@bgame Glad the year is looking good so far, I know the start of the year can be pretty crazy.

@trooworld Way to go on the loss!

@bethanie0825 I'm so sorry to hear about the death. Sounds like a crazy day getting your stepson moved in but I'm sure he appreciated your help!

@TeresaW1020 Good luck with the trivia game, ouch on the rear end! That's always a mixed thing, you know you challenged yourself if you're sore but no one likes pain!

@davidji82 @FushiaKat @cybernurse251 Way to go gang!

@Jactop Hm it sounds like ketones are going up with less inflammation so the two are linked or at least are right now, that is pretty fascinating and definitely worth looking into. Chances are if you did weights every day on different body parts they wouldn't go up as it sounds like you definitely need the break for recovery. I know it's common for weight to stall or go up when starting new physical activities so it could have to do with inflammation and recovery. I maintain around 1500 working out almost 2 hours a day, it's so frustrating but I definitely think my health issues are the reason why as I have crazy inflammation. My weight didn't start going down until I was taking nutrition supplements and got my vitamin deficiencies improved and had my pain levels down with the anti depressant and I was definitely eating to lose according to MFP.

Hi team, new week to conquer! I had a great weekend, Bill and I went to dinner for his birthday then went to Dairy Queen for a Blizzard and while we were sitting at the tables the bar next door had a really good band playing so we walked over to check them out and hung out for awhile. Saturday I took him to the food bank farm with me then we watched movies (The Black Phone WAS good, thank you @vegan4lyfe2012 for the review!) and made Skinnytaste's Chicken Caprese skillet https://www.skinnytaste.com/caprese-chicken-skillet/ with herbs and tomatoes from the farm and my yard. Sunday we went to a huge flea market and scored some great produce for next to nothing then came back and I made him watch Fried Green Tomatoes as he'd never seen it (love that movie). I took the weekend off working out but with the farm and walking yesterday I was still pretty active. Did my workout today, it's hard to get started after 2 days but felt great. Have a wonderful Monday!
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    ⚖️ Weigh Day ⚖️
    Previous Weight - 195.4
    Current Weight - 196.2

@vegan4lyfe2012 - I so loved my card!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! It was lovely!

@leti126 - I feel like we’re in the same boat!! I didn’t log diligently and made several bad choices that I wouldn’t have, had I kept up with the logging. Gain was not a surprise but I’ve got my head in the game now! 😉

Super busy time at home… getting home was a chore, barely made it in time to take my son out for his birthday dinner. I had already taken a full rest day on Tuesday which spilled into the next day and ultimately set the tone for the next 4 days! 🤦🏽‍♀️

Thursday was laundry and resting up from very little sleep the two days before getting home. Friday we had to go get a tire fixed and i took the opportunity while in town to get my hair trimmed! Helped the hubs change out the shocks so our ride was smoother this round. Saturday was tattoos with my kids! Sunday I was torn between going to my new church or surprising my mom at hers, ended up going to her house and she wasn't even going to church, we visited but it wasn't the best visit we have ever had. 😔 Her surgery was postponed bc her doctor is having heart issues. Came home and cleaned out the truck, shampooed the carpets, and got it all ready for us to leave out early this morning. We didn’t even make it to where we were loading and his truck messed up. 10 hours later the part just got to us, now he still has to put it on and hope it fixes it. We are still in Oklahoma and scheduled to deliver 8 am in Northern Montana on Wednesday! 😖

I’ve had a headache today from staying up until 2am packing and reorganizing everything and then waking up at 5 to leave. Hopefully it eases up and I can get in a better workout, I brought some dumbbells along.

I didn’t log any food all week, that really led to eating so many things I wouldn’t have had I stayed consistent. I also didn’t drink very much water at all while home and was drinking soda again which I gave up a while ago. The weight gain was no surprise but I’m back focused and ready to work for a loss come next Monday!!! Checking in here really helps me be better! I never should have taken that rest day! 😜

Have a great week everyone! And congrats to the leaders this week!! Y’all did great!

• Divya365
    Divya365 Posts: 70 Member
    Happy Monday Everyone!

@vegan4lyfe2012 It's nice that you get to meet your friend this Wednesday. Hope you both have a blast. :)

@FushiaKat Wow, that sandcastle room looks awesome. I can't wait to see the finished one. Do share the pics. All the best for the competition. Hope you win this year as well. :)

@bgame4 Glad to know that your new boss is good. Hope you are not affected by the budget cuts.

@trooworld Nice loss !! I have never been in a hurricane before but have felt the effects of hurricanes. In 2017 we lost power for 4 days as a result of Hurricane Irma and It was chaotic. I agree, making healthy food choices is such a big win. Hope you had a good time with your friend yesterday.

@askewcr nice loss !!

@bethanie0825 Oh that's horrible. Sorry to hear that. You must be so tired with the packing and all, It's awesome that you could maintain your weight during such stressful times.

@TeresaW1020 Hope you had a good potluck and a fun trivia game night. I feel you, pain after the exercise is such a hassle, it's so hard to move the body afterward. My thighs and back of my shin are hurting like crazy with all the walking I have been doing for the past week. Hope you rested over the weekend.

@FushiaKat @davidji82 @cybernurse251 Congrats on being on the leaderboard !!

@Jactop That's an awesome step count. Ohh it can be so frustrating, but don't lose hope. Hopefully, you will be able to see the results soon.

@Katmary71 I love going to flea markets, I always bring back some interesting pots and use them as planters for my houseplants. I never watched Fried Green Tomatoes as well. Nowadays we watch mostly Marvel movies, thanks to my son. :)

Had to work on Saturday. Our IT Dept. didn't communicate properly with us so I had to do something ASAP, by the time I finished it was already afternoon. We have been getting lots of rain for the past few days and on Saturday while driving I noticed that it was raining quite heavily on half of the streets and the other half was dry. That was pretty interesting. The rest of the weekend was pretty much ok.

Step Count Saturday - 6527 and for Sunday - 10175 so my average for his week came down to 8905. For this week my goal is to log my calorie intake and walk an average of 10K steps.

• trooworld
    @Jactop Congrats on the loss! That's a lot to do at once, I commend you for your efforts. Hopefully your body is just getting used to lifting weights still and you will see a big whoosh. Oh gosh, I would have refused to eat that too lol. I'm sure it was 100% worse once it was cold.

@19shmoo69 Good morning Darren! Thanks for the haha!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'll have to check out the Black Phone. You know I love some horror movies! Sounds like you've been busy.

@shaunarlr83 I'm glad you had a good visit with your mom. Wow, that sounds kind of fun, driving to all those locations! Sorry about your headache, I've got one this morning too.

@Divya365 Thank you! Wow, that would totally stink to lose power for 4 days. Do you have a generator? I don't know what I would do if that happened to me lol. Thank you, I did have a good time. It sounds like the day went by quickly at work on Saturdays, that's the best kind of day! Great step count.

Hi all. I've been experiencing a bout of depression. I didn't track yesterday but will go back and track now. Have a good day.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 140
    CW: 140.5

This weekend my husband and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary with a staycation at an awesome hotel. We ate dinner at the best restaurant in our city, and the hotel breakfast buffet the next morning was incredible. I ate SO MUCH FOOD you guys. It was worth it 😂 On Thursday morning I ran/walked with my sister and we got lost. I think that’s the most steps I’ve ever recorded in one day.
    Hopefully next week I’ll have a big woosh down in weight. I don’t work the rest of this week!

Steps:
    8/15: 6,433
    16: 14,058
    17: 16,231
    18: 19,743
    19: 8,483
    20: 9,793
    21: 6,748
    22: 6,422
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,046 Member
    I started working out again. Today was an eye opener. The workout was good. While getting ready for work I decided to step in the scale. It was 292. Yep I'm going backwards. If the powers that be want to change my Sunday weigh in then feel free to do so.
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 512 Member
    User: FushiaKat
    Weigh In Day: Tuesday
    PW: 147.4
    CW: 150.0

My weight is fine, I'm at that point where it will be difficult to lose more and I'm pretty happy where I am. I'm still trying for 140. I bought the fixing's to make stuffed bell peppers again I will do that tomorrow. I did finish my contest room in a rush because I thought the rooms locked on Wednesday and they actually locked on Monday. I will post a picture in a little while. I'm suffering from terrible anxiety lately, so trying to work thru that each day.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    PW 6/17/2022: 219.5
    Beginning Wt for August 217.3
    Check in weight (8/5/2022): 218.3
    Check in weight (8/12/2022):215.7
    Check in weight (8/19/2022):217.2
  • Katmary71
    @shaunarlr83 Oh no I'm sorry the visit with your mom didn't go well, sounds like things were hectic all the way around (love the tattoo!). Glad you're feeling back on track and focused, I hope this next week is amazing for you.

@Divya365 If you ever get the chance to see Fried Green Tomatoes definitely check it out, there are some upsetting scenes I'd skip with a younger one around though. There were actually some really cool mugs I'd thought of buying for succulent planters, the no drainage had me worried though.

@trooworld Definitely check out Black Phone, I'd think you would like it. I'm sorry to hear about the depression, I hope it fades fast and you're feeling better.

@happysquidmuffin Happy anniversary! Sounds like a great time together, I'm glad you had fun!

@19shmoo69 Congratulations on getting a workout under your belt! Finding out the increased weight always sucks but you're already a step closer to getting it off with that workout and facing the music. You got this Darren!

@FushiaKat I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety, I hope you find something to help with it. It's always been a little of this and that for anxiety though evicting my ex-boyfriend definitely was the one thing that helped tremendously! I swear singing to music when I work out every morning combined with the workout of course helps a lot too. Stuffed peppers sound awesome, I love buying the 6 pack at Costco to make them, I'll have to do that next time, you have me wanting stuffed peppers! I thought of you at the flea market with all the great fruit!

Hi team, hope we're having a great week! I stayed up late catching up with work then woke up early and did my workout, showered, then went to the food bank farm where I made basil bunches all morning. The head of the farm had chopped the basil flowers so I got a reusable bag from my trunk and filled it with seed heads, It took hours to take the pods off but after Walmart pickup I watched some reality TV for 3 hours and got them spread out to dry outside. My neighbor invited me over for a movie and pizza last week for tonight and she canceled a few hours before. I'd been invited to go to an event for charities and said no as I needed to rest after the farm for tonight so I'm annoyed, I had dinner there a few weeks ago then she wanted me over the next day and canceled that when I called, we were supposed to go to lunch the day after and she canceled that, now I could've gone to this event and she canceled that too. She's really close with her daughter and if her daughter decides to come over I think she cancels other plans (canceled twice for the charity meetings as she wanted to check them out) but I'm really resenting her lack of concern about other people's (mine) schedules and time and don't want to make plans with her again. Other than that I caught up with a lot today and have been texting with the head of the charity, she's having fun at the event she wanted me to go with her to so I'm glad for that, I was pretty tired so I'm fine being at home. Have a great Wednesday everyone!
  • shaunarlr83
    @Katmary71 you’re better than me, when someone cancels once I’m too scared to make plans again lol I feel they didn’t want to hang out with me to begin with.

@happysquidmuffin Happy Anniversary and that sounds like a great way to celebrate!

Sending hugs to @trooworld and @19shmoo69 things will get better. Just take it one day at a time!!!

I overate a bit today trying to keep my head from pounding, we made it to get groceries and I’m so excited to have healthy snacks in the truck so hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. Headache finally eased up! 🙏🏼

I didn’t get a workout in today other than organizing again to make room for the food. I haven’t hit my step goal in over a week 😔
  • trooworld
    @happysquidmuffin Happy anniversary!!! Sounds like a great way to celebrate. Up 0.5 lbs after enjoying the weekend I would call a win! Enjoy the time off.

@19shmoo69 Yay for working out again! I'm going to start on Thursday again.

@FushiaKat I'm sorry about your anxiety. I hope today is better for you.

@Katmary71 Thanks for the recommendation! And thanks about the depression. It seems to be hanging in there, unfortunately. I am living for the weekend right now lol. I'm sorry about your neighbor canceling on you.

@shaunarlr83 Thank you! I'm sorry about your headache. I get headaches a lot, I hate them, they can be so debilitating.

Hi all. I'm still fighting my depression. None of my distraction techniques are helping. I will work out tomorrow, hopefully that helps.

• TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @Jactop I know it’s frustrating when you are doing everything right and the scale still won’t move or it does at a snail's pace. Do hang in there because what you are doing will work! :)

@Katmary71 Who is Bill? I went back to see if you had told us but I couldn’t find anything. Sounds like you had a great time together! :grin:

@shaunarlr83 Wow you really have been busy! What kind of tattoos did you get with your kids? That sounds super fun! Sorry that your visit didn’t go very well with your mom. Moms and daughters is a complicated relationship. My mom lives with me and we are so different in personality that I have to really work at not getting super annoyed with her. :)

@happysquidmuffin Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a wonderful time! :)

@trooworld I hope you are feeling better today! <3

Hi Team! Sorry, I’ve been missing but it’s been a very busy week. The church potluck with trivia was awesome and everyone had a wonderful time! I’ve been working a lot the last couple of days on the church budget with our new finance director. It’s such a hot mess and we are determined to get it straightened out for next year. I went to TOPS last night and gained 2 lbs. Drinking with my sister, eating pizza, and then having a potluck probably wasn’t the best plan. :# I’m determined to do much better this week! This morning I have to take hubby for a CT scan to see if he still remains cancer free. Prayers appreciated!! Tomorrow we will find out the news on the scan and we also have to take our sweet Maggie Mae to the vet to get her teeth cleaned. It’s a much bigger deal to clean animals' teeth and the cost is truly shocking. I might need to check into animal insurance if we have to do this once a year as they suggest. She is six and hasn’t ever had her teeth cleaned and I looked and it’s not a pretty sight! OK, I gotta go get in a workout before heading out. :)
  • shaunarlr83
    @trooworld - I’m keeping you in my prayers. Sorry you’re going through this! Hugs

@TeresaW1020 - I so wish I could figure out how to load pics in here….if you’ve ever been to Wichita Kansas you’ve probably seen their Indian statue, it was designed by my great uncle Francis Blackbear Bosin. He was a pretty well known Native American artist. Every year on what would be his birthday weekend the city has all kinds of celebrations and things going on, his statue has become the symbol for the city and there is a museum next to it that is trying to buy back and collect all of his original artwork. We went up there this year and had the best time. My kids wanted a blackbear tattoo to honor his memory. My son found a sort of geometrical shaped black bear face image that sort of looks naturistic, sort of looks native, and we had “Blackbear” (his Indian name passed down through many of my ancestors) written underneath and his birth and death dates printed very small in roman numerals! It holds special meaning to us but also me being a hiker and having a mild obsession with seeing bears out in nature makes me love it twice as much!!! If you ever get bored you can google “The Keeper of the Plains” and see what statute I’m referring to!

Not what anyone wants to hear this morning but I figured out my headaches were probably from being a bit constipated. I ate so much bread last week and didn’t keep up with my daily water but was reaching for sodas instead and I suppose that’s what did it. As soon as I found relief my headache instantly went away!!!

Today I’m 100% logging and going to avoid bread as much as possible the rest of the week. It always causes joint pain and so many other issues for me I don’t know why I can’t stay away from it 😂 I have always said I would never have sweets or desserts again if I could just eat bread and not have to suffer! 🤣 It’s my absolute favorite! 😔

I’m going to get in a workout and catch up on some reading I’ve been putting off! We have made it to South Dakota but won’t unload until tomorrow, looks like we need a load going right back home bc as far as we know my mom will still have her surgery on Monday!

• Katmary71
    @shaunarlr83 Grocery shopping is pretty physical especially if you picked up a lot of stuff! I love the story behind your tattoo. To post in groups you have to do it on the website which is a pain, the easiest way is to send the picture to your laptop or desktop then you can load it with the upload button which will have you select a file. Glad the headache was flushed, haha!

@trooworld I hope working out helps you too, big hug, thinking of you.

@TeresaW1020 He's the man I've been seeing, we started talking before Easter but didn't do anything in person until the weekend we went to the concert last month, he stayed in a hotel that weekend and we went on dates Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that weekend. First dates since the 90s, great way to turn into a basket case is to do so many at once! This time was easier thank goodness! Prayers for the husband! I could see having your sister there being good when you are both on track and bad when you aren't, it would be easy to give in together.

Hi team! Did my workout, went to Winco as I wanted stuff to make zucchini bread, then today's been pretty mellow aside of some time in the yard. I'm starting to think of birthday goals since it's the end of September, last year I wanted to do the side splits by my 50th birthday last year but no matter how much I stretched the few months before I didn't get more limber, it was pretty frustrating! Weirdly my genetic testing said I'm weak in stretching but strong in cardio and strength so maybe it was onto something. I'll probably do something with weight lifting but not sure what yet as I'm pretty limited. Maybe it's time to go back to the gym or perhaps meditate again. Have a great Thursday!
This discussion has been closed.