WaistAways Team Chat - AUGUST 2022

Options

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,086 Member
    Options
    What a day! I had a lot of driving and sitting time, but then went this evening on an amazing illuminated forest walk - I have walked in this park before, but never at night when they have the light show happening. It was fantastic and got me past 12,000 steps!

Thursday people, we are almost ready for your weigh-ins!
    @PlaneMonkey
    @bowens1973
    @ashleycarole86

Things are looking good :smiley: Well, except for losing the barcode scanner and other good things about free MFP. Hmmph.
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 166.8
    CW 162.6
  • PlaneMonkey
    PlaneMonkey Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    CW 189.0

My excused week was spent back up in that "other" decade so I'm glad to be back here even if it records in the red on the team chart (sorry!)

Hockey last night was the final game of the season for my summer league and it was a tie at the end of regulation so we had to play 5 minutes of 3-on-3 and then it went to shoot outs. We lost 1-0. It was a good, even game and we played well but there was no hoisting of the trophy at the end. :( I did burn 580 calories though.... so that's a plus.

I don't remember the last time I logged my food. I've given myself the excuse that life is just too busy at the moment but I need to shift my priorities and get back to planning meals. There's been too much takeout because every evening is spent running errands and fixing issues. I don't need to eat half a pizza while in the car in traffic, I can plan ahead and bring a wrap with calculated ingredients. I have to prioritize my eating and put my foot down with my spouse that I need to be given the time to plan ahead instead of just making due. He wants to lose weight but doesn't want to put in the effort, so it's an endless cycle for him of looking for that next easy gimmick. herbal pills and fad diets aren't what works in the long run. We're ALL HERE because we've come to learn that. It takes work, discipline, and accountability and putting in the TIME to make good choices and not get to the tipping point of being so hungry you don't care what or how much you consume, or emotional to the point that you feed your feelings with "comfort" that just turns into regret.

Regret doesn't taste good.

That's the slogan I should put on the snack cupboard. Maybe it will help me turn up the team's voices in my head when I reach for the box of crackers while telling myself I'll just burn this off later....

My paid MFP renewal is coming up in a month, I'm interested in the other tracking app suggestions as well. Now that I know you don't need the paid subscription to get to this group, I might let it lapse.

• jugar
    Options
    Username ashleycarole86
    Thursday weigh-in

PW 166.8
    CW 162.6
    WOW!! That is a fantastic "getting back on track" for sure! I hope it isn't too much from work stress and not having time to eat :grimace:
    It was a good, even game and we played well but there was no hoisting of the trophy at the end. :( I did burn 580 calories though.... so that's a plus.

I don't remember the last time I logged my food. I've given myself the excuse that life is just too busy at the moment but I need to shift my priorities and get back to planning meals. There's been too much takeout because every evening is spent running errands and fixing issues. I don't need to eat half a pizza while in the car in traffic, I can plan ahead and bring a wrap with calculated ingredients. I have to prioritize my eating and put my foot down with my spouse that I need to be given the time to plan ahead instead of just making due. He wants to lose weight but doesn't want to put in the effort, so it's an endless cycle for him of looking for that next easy gimmick. herbal pills and fad diets aren't what works in the long run. We're ALL HERE because we've come to learn that. It takes work, discipline, and accountability and putting in the TIME to make good choices and not get to the tipping point of being so hungry you don't care what or how much you consume, or emotional to the point that you feed your feelings with "comfort" that just turns into regret.

Regret doesn't taste good.

That's the slogan I should put on the snack cupboard. Maybe it will help me turn up the team's voices in my head when I reach for the box of crackers while telling myself I'll just burn this off later....
    I just love this post. And the slogan! It is perfect. To the point. A bit tough. Sometimes, that is exactly what we need. Remembering that we need comfort also helps, as long as you read the regret slogan first and find another source for said comfort! Maybe put a short list of those next to the regret slogan :smiley:

I'm having some regret this morning - over the past year or so, I have reduced the amount of alcohol I drink, making sure I have 4-5 dry days per week, and enjoying very moderately. It has worked well, but when there is company, especially people who enjoy sampling interesting craft beers with me, the plan goes somewhat out the window! I still have no problem sticking with a limit of 2, but the dry days kind of disappear. What is interesting, though, is how quickly anxiety appears. I'm definitely taking a dry day today, and will remember that it is the easiest way to keep cool and collected. Company is here for a few more days, but this is a good reminder to get right back on plan asap!
  • jugar
    Options
    Laughing at skunk time.

With my daughter's boyfriend visiting, we have been working at attracting the local raccoons so he can see them. He has not seen raccoons much and really wants to. So out go the salmon and chicken skin, and all kinds of attractive stuff. Usually that works!

Not this time. I knew this was a big skunk year by the digging patterns, but tonight we checked if the raccoons had shown up yet, and there was the most gorgeous skunk ever out there gnawing away on chicken bones. It had already taken away the salmon skin earlier, and it was back for seconds. We decided to put out some Tums next! It wasn't a the animal we hoped to see, but this was one beautiful skunk. Blissing out on yummy stuff. At least it wasn't digging up the salad and herb garden looking for grubs!

Your sliding backwards story was quite scary @bowens1973 :grimace: That must have been pretty scary, and I'm glad you were OK. That could not have been a good feeling. Good that you'll get the problem fixed before your race!

I'm feeling more chill tonight. I got many things crossed off the to-do list today, and had time to practice. That makes a huge difference on the stress scale. Hopping on the bike for a light spin while watching something before bed.

Friday folks - line up and hop on the scale! You're next:
    @EvMakesChanges
    @conleywoods
    @micki48
    @ells_bellz
    @LoraineGB
    @dillyg08
    @bobagurl2017
    @CupcakeCrusoe

Thanks!
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,135 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Evening all! Thanks @jugar .. feeling good. A week from now, Brad and I take our last final big trip of the year.. we do have one more smaller trip planned to see his Mom at Thanksgiving, but this is the longest one on the books until 2023.. the one for his race, but there's also a wedding in there, and some wineries, and needless to say, I'll be out of routine. Really glad to be back in my target range.. still on loss mode but I should be able to go back to goal zone in September!

I have been eating plenty for sure, but not overeating. I am someone who overeats in response to stress, but I have been doing well - no issues.

We had a work lunch today, went for dim sum and it was lovely. Nice walk to Chinatown and back - around 20 minutes from my side of downtown so between that and my dog walk I am over 12,000 steps. Brad went biking with a friend tonight so I got a short ride on the Peloton too, but it was getting late and I felt spent.

I too have been indulging a bit more in alcohol than I'd like @jugar ... I find it's easier when I'm not riding the Peloton at night because I don't like to drink before heavy exercise (naturally...) but if I'm just planning a walk, a glass of wine or a beer sounds mighty fine... not something I worry about too much but between my morning latte and coffees with milk I already drink enough calories in a day before adding alcohol on! Not exactly a good choice compared to actual food... LOL

8/24 exercise
    10495 steps
  • CupcakeCrusoe
    CupcakeCrusoe Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    PW: 186.2
    CW: 181.6

gain of 1.2 lbs from last week! eek! It's not a real gain, though, I haven't been eating enough for that. Weight loss can't always be linear. Sorry to be red this week.

And I'm very bankrupt, again! This week has been crazy, and it will only ramp up as we approach the school year, the showcase where I'm going to perform my routine, and after that, disney world! Throw in a couple craft alongs, (one is knitting a whole sweater in two months, and the other is a crosstitch along) and it's madness.

I'm knitting like a fiend trying to get the sweater I have going off my needles, practicing for the showcase, and getting all my lunch supplies together to prepare for making lunches again when the girls go back to school. I'm starting to throw things in bags for Disney. Busy. Good busy, but BUSY.

If you don't hear from me again before then, have a good weekend, everyone!
  • dillyg08
    dillyg08 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Dillyg08
    Friday weigh in
    PW 195
    CW 195

Glad I was able to maintain. Shouldn't had that chipotle bowl lastnight😞
  • AshenMoon
    AshenMoon Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yea @Terytha I use the loseit app, it has its own free version restrictions but I've started preferring it to MFP. I use that for logging and the MFP for this community ❤️
This discussion has been closed.