August 2022 - Let’s Do This!

Options
123457»

Replies

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back on track today. Weight is very much up. Today is 166. Every year I get down to 153ish. I say I’m never going to go into the 160s again. And then summer here I am. I just turned 45 and now is the time for me to get to where I want to be. Would love to get down to 145 and be toned.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 Thanks for the BLC50 information. I’m in!! I need some sort of push to really focus on the nutrition so September 1, some friendly competition, and support from pals like us here has to be a great start. Will measure again.

Is it bad taking a Tylenol pm nightly? My niece noticed just how little I sleep, and gave me a Tylenol on. Whoo baby!! 😴💤. I can get used to that! 😬
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    Super active weekend on the bike for me, so today is going to be active recovery. I purposefully set up my weight lifting split so "day 5" could be skipped without missing too much (arms day, and those get worked in every other set in some capacity, just not "targeted"). That way, on race/track weekends, or like this weekend where all day Saturday and several hours on Sunday I was riding I can have an active recovery day without messing up the lifting plan.

Just going to take the dog for a walk and do some stretching today and give things a day to recover.
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    @renaegry I've done the same thing a lot lately. Get into the 140s, tell myself I won't see 150s again, and then I get on the scale a few days later and the 15x.x is flashing and mocking me (that darn scale can be so mean sometimes).
    I'm trying to stay focused on whole, unprocessed foods and getting a solid exercise routine in place over the next 12 weeks. I think that will help me to finally teach that mean scale a lesson, :D
    @CeeBeeSlim so glad to hear you joined the challenge, what teams did you request? IMHO, maybe you can just use the Tylenol pm on every other night or third night or something like that. You may not want your body to get too used to the sleep aid and then not be able to sleep much at all without it.
    @HoneyBadger302 recovery days are so important. I didn't realize racing/riding a bike used so many muscles.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    renaegry wrote: »
    Trying to get back on track today. Weight is very much up. Today is 166. Every year I get down to 153ish. I say I’m never going to go into the 160s again. And then summer here I am. I just turned 45 and now is the time for me to get to where I want to be. Would love to get down to 145 and be toned.

I get that. On the upside, you don't get too heavy: You quite quickly reach a point of knowing when to look after yourself again. I am the same. I seem to have a few sweet spots (where maintaining becomes easier) along the way too: Around 164lbs is a low sweet spot, then 174lbs is a happy medium sweet spot. At my heavy point of 186lbs I'm very unhappy with myself and generally feel boated, heavy and generally bleurgh. Now that I have dropped back to 186lbs from 188lbs I already feel the "bleurgh" disappearing. I'd like 174/175lbs to become my new high.

Friday in the gym I did my first deadlifts post back issues. Managed to rep 27kg quite comfortably. Sit ups though: I can do them pain free but my core is so weakened! Two sets of 15, then a set of 12 with a break, followed by a set of 7 to utter defeat :D
  • zenobia9777
    zenobia9777 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    It is really helpful to see where everybody is daily.

I had a pretty bad cold yesterday so I didn't do much -- lie around with no energy.
    Today I feel better after a good night's sleep and I walked the dogs for an hour. Only went a mile and a half. So no studio exercise after all yet this week, but I am still managing to log my food every day.

This week I will just be glad to hope I do not gain anything!!!

• renaegry
    renaegry Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Had a good yesterday. Did day 1 of Liift4 was chest and triceps followed by a 3 km walk to get my 10k steps in. And eating was within calories. Think prob a bit short on my water thou
  • SparkSpringtime69
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Hi all, sounds like folks are off to a good week. Me, not so much. I fell last night and my back is killing me. :'( I've been able to putter around the house some, but if I lay down or sit too long, it stiffens up very badly. I'm hoping to be able to get some short walks in over the next few days, but ST is out for now. Hopefully it heals up in a week or two.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 Oh my. How awful. Wishing you a full and speedy recovery! No need for X-rays or more?

I asked for Renogades (full) and Panthers. Excited to get started.

Is everyone ready for September to begin?!

Hope you feel better @zenobia9777.
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I completely missed August! 🤣 Doing well and thrilled, beyond thrilled actually, to be getting stronger! We do planks while jumping side to side. In the beginning I just extended one leg at a time and had faith. The beginning being Spring. Today I was able to do it! My range of motion was not as wide as others, but just the fact that I was able to hop while in plank felt amazing! My arms and shoulders are much stronger. I've been eating more salads as well, eat one almost daily for lunch. Still focusing on overall health one baby step at a time. See you in September!
  • zenobia9777
    Options
    @renaegry I am just like that with the fluctuations. The current strategy is to try to log in every single day to try to avoid this problem. You will get there!
    Hi all, sounds like folks are off to a good week. Me, not so much. I fell last night and my back is killing me. :'( I've been able to putter around the house some, but if I lay down or sit too long, it stiffens up very badly. I'm hoping to be able to get some short walks in over the next few days, but ST is out for now. Hopefully it heals up in a week or two.

Ouch!!!! Take care.
  • zenobia9777
    edited August 2022
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim congrats on signing up. Sounds like a great idea. Thank you, I do feel better. The big goal will be to try to walk the dogs again

Welcome back. @spirittrail. The planks are a major accomplishment. I struggle to do variations on those. Definitely a good indicator of strength

I decided that we would do our monthly budget in a different way to make it less stressful and create a new habit. So I'm going to enter transactions every few days. That might keep me more honest. As in, have you hit your limit for the month? Today I will get ready for this and finish checking August.

Control over money helps translate into feeling control over how I eat! Unfortunately stress will trigger that with me.

Enjoy your day, everybody!

• CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @spirittrail Congrats on getting stronger! That must feel like a great.

@zenobia9777. I know so well the stress and control over eating situation!

Heading on the usual 7 hour road trip back home tomorrow for the next round of parents’ doc appts. Hopefully I will bypass the usual fast food traps!

Think I will because it feels like a new season - new month, joined the BLC 50, added a third day of weight training, heading home, psychologically - I feel like I can finally get my head in the game.

Also - sounds stupid - but I’ve been trying to find ways of getting more protein. Everything I read mentions Greek yogurt. BUT - I. Could. Never. Even. Look. At. Yogurt. 🤢. My niece mentioned hiding the flavor in my protein smoothie - that could work!!!

Just for fun - what foods make your stomach turn at just the thought of it?! For me - yogurt and any mixture of eggs with cheese! 🤮🤣🤣
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    5'7", 44 years old
    Starting Weight 1/3/22: 155.8
    GW: ~128-132ish
    2/23/22: 150
    3/30/22: 147
    4/22: Missed
    5/31/22: 149.4
    6/29/22: 152.4
    7/27/22:150.6

8/4/22: 150.0
    8/10/22: 150.6
    8/17/22: 151
    8/24/22: 150.6
    8/31/22: 151.4

Scale keeps hovering right around 151 which I'm okay with for now, but I expect to see more changes on the measuring tape which I'm not - BUT, I've been pretty loosey-goosey about weighing a lot of my foods (especially at dinner) so there is a fair bit of tightening up my logging, which I'm getting going today after no real changes on the tape measure since my first measurements on the 10th of this month (other than one drop around one measurement). Most around major muscle groups (with plenty of fat cover) have only gone up.

So, tighten up the logging practices, and proceed. Hunger has been very manageable, and this won't change too dramatically since I've been entering all foods, just haven't been good about strictly weighing them all (and I know some are definitely under represented in my diary vs reality).
  • SparkSpringtime69
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim I don't think I need x-rays, but if I don't feel significantly better in a week I'll go to the doctor and have things thoroughly checked out. I hope you have a great time in the BLC50, too bad the Renegades were full, that's the team I'm on. I'm looking forward to great fall as well.
    @spirittrail, wow I'm really impressed by the jumping planks - I have a hard time doing any kind of variation. Congrats on building strength.
    @zenobia9777, thanks for the well wishes. Getting control over a situation that you know stresses you is definitely a good step.
    @HoneyBadger302, I've just recently been getting stricter with my food measuring/weighing and it's really helped with my logging and seeing where I'm getting too many calories.
    See you all in September!! B)
  • k8richly
    k8richly Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    49yrs 5'3"
    CW 131lbs
    GW 125lbs

Aug 5 - 131lbs
    Aug 14 - 130.5
    Aug 31 - 131lbs

Im right back where I started August, but considering how much I ate on vacation, this is a really good thing. I'm determined September will be different! I am going to take new photos and measure myself and get going on a real strength /stretch program. I'm actually considering signing up for a personal trainer at a local little gym, just to get the strength program and accountability. I've never needed such a push before but I feel I might be there. Sigh.

@CeeBeeSlim - thanks for the laugh 🤣 - I think cheesy eggs are the best comfort food ever! I make them for the kids and always sneak a bite. And yogurt is delicious- Definitely throw it in a smoothie or bake with it or whatever! So many ways to love yogurt.

I hate olives. They are like stinky little pieces of squeaky rubber. Why would anyone put that in their mouths!? 😜
  • spirittrail
    spirittrail Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Lol! Thank you so much ladies for the compliments on the planks I thought everyone in the class was from another planet when I first saw them jumping side to side (legs together) while in plank! I was reminded of the mythological creature....half man, half horse 🤣. Yes , I can plank. Yes, I can hop side to side. But at the SAME TIME??? I am a strong believer in listening to your body, so yes, I slowly did a left, right for a few months. Eventually it happened this week. NEVER GIVE UP! REMEMBER THIS IS LONG TERM. (My next goal is legs swinging out further....eventually).
    @CeeBeeSlim Hilarious!! I agree with @k8richer . I love eggs and cheese! And toast!
    What makes me feel sick at the thought of eating it? FAST FOOD 🤢 Just driving by or walking across the street from one. I swear I can smell the heavy grease used for the burgers and fries. A few years ago I could eat "healthier" versions like Subway. But since slowly changing my eating habits, now I can't even drive by or walk by a Subway! 🤣 I much prefer carrying some trail mix and water. Enjoy the last day of the month lovelies. See you in September.....