Options
    Progress on the 21lb by Xmas challenge Well done everyone

q64xev5p1e9m.jpg
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    MarieZI59 wrote: »
    @fatfifties-

I'm a little late to the game; however, I wanted to know if it's possible to still join your 21lb by Christmas challenge ? If it is possible what are the guidelines to join?

Welcome aboard. I've added you to the challenge. :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,485 Member
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    I made it through Labour Day weekend unscathed.

My friends and I had a live Fantasy Football draft at one of my friends. Chicken wings and pizza as far as the eyes can see. My two favs. Plus lots of beer. I didn't touch a thing. I stuck to my carbonated cherry flavoured water and Marijuana has zero calories thankfully lol.

I'm looking forward to being 100 pounds down in a couple days (hopefully).

Great job avoiding the food especially when they are your favourites. As for the 0 calories in pot, I think if I indulged the wings wouldn’t stand a chance. 😂
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Hi all! Back home from Oregon! The half marathon course was beautiful! I got it done and so did my husband. YAY!

More of an update in the next few days -- tired from traveling but wanted to post my steps:

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/28 9594
    8/29 5846
    8/30 7965
    8/31 9091
    9/2 9256
    9/3 18503
    9/4 12439

AND
    9/5 46,215 !! I'm sure this is a record for me! After half marathon we later hiked to a waterfall.

Congratulations on completing the half marathon. Soak those feet and rest from your travels.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    fatfifties wrote: »

q64xev5p1e9m.jpg

I think I got the direction wrong. I need to buy a compass.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 4,301
    7:30 wake up: ✔️

I am proud of myself for getting up at 7:30 even though I am so tired.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MarieZI59 wrote: »
    Good evening everyone,

My name is Marie, and I'm 59 years old and live in Oklahoma.

I'll be 60 in a few months and I decided that I didn't want to go into my senior years dealing with being overweight, pain and mobility problems. There's a whole list of things wrong with me medical, some minor and some very serious.

The main reason I want to lose weight is for my health, and to be more free to move around without as much pain. Not everything, I have wrong with me will be cured by losing weight. Some, I'll have the rest of my life because there is no cure.

But without the cumbersome of this huge body of mine especially in the stomach area making it hard for me to move and do things at least it would be a better quality of life.

I'm grateful that there are groups out there like this one where a person who's trying to lose weight by themselves can go to find some like minded people to find motivation and encouragement to continue.

Again, Thank you all for allowing me on this team looking forward to September challenge and what it has to bring.

Goal for September is to be able to walk further than I can now and lose 10 + lbs with a goal for Christmas of 21+ lb. A girl can DREAM can't she. LOL

Great goals.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Tuesday’s Question

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

• Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Jpedno wrote: »
    Hi all! Back home from Oregon! The half marathon course was beautiful! I got it done and so did my husband. YAY!

More of an update in the next few days -- tired from traveling but wanted to post my steps:

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    8/28 9594
    8/29 5846
    8/30 7965
    8/31 9091
    9/2 9256
    9/3 18503
    9/4 12439

AND
    9/5 46,215 !! I'm sure this is a record for me! After half marathon we later hiked to a waterfall.

Thanks for posting your steps .... I am missing 9/1

@Megan_smartiepants1970
    Oops, I was just off by a day above. 9/2 should be 9/1 and so on down the list. My half marathon was 9/4 not 9/5.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,071 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s Question

What started this journey this time for me is when I was sick with the flu and couldn't breathe and ended up in the hospital for 9 days in 2019 ...only to find out I was type 2 diabetic and found out after I was released that I had pneumonia (doctor didn't tell his nurse or myself) I found out when I went to a check up ..I have been on this journey since 2009/2010 ( I did well up until I lost 3 family members within a month apart ( I was a basket case and gave up on myself )
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 304
    CW: 300

I keep on keepin' on. I was at the gym 5x last week and even went last night after a Labor Day pool party. I've started to integrate some weight training along with the cardio and I feel pretty good about my progress.
  • MadDuck62
    MadDuck62 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    MadDuck62 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 304
    CW: 300

I keep on keepin' on. I was at the gym 5x last week and even went last night after a Labor Day pool party. I've started to integrate some weight training along with the cardio and I feel pretty good about my progress.

I just realized I missed my 8/30 weigh-in. I was 304 lbs. Here are my last three weigh-ins, in case you want to update chart:

8/23: 304
    8/30: 304
    9/6: 300

I guess I'm not always the most attentive member, but this group helps me to maintain accountability anyway!

• Slimmersixties
    Options
    fatfifties wrote: »

q64xev5p1e9m.jpg

I think I got the direction wrong. I need to buy a compass.

Great idea .... might help you steer away from the fridge :);) Seriously i completely get it, after losing so much the motivation dwindles. It's hard to get refocused but I'm sure you can do it
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Why I started this journey? I over ate during covid, then injured my knee and could nt exercise at all for 6 months, so I just sat and ate more! I gained 50lb in 18 months and I was fat before then. Then I saw the following photo!

lyaon9uq0a2p.jpg
  • Bluetail6
    Bluetail6 Posts: 2,874 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

9/2: 3,175
    9/3: 4,322
    9/4: 2,917
    9/5: 2,382
  • MarieZI59
    MarieZI59 Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Why are you on this journey?

I'm on this journey because of my health keeps getting worse: there's a long list of diseases and illnesses that I have, including, that I've already had one heart attack and don't want to have another one.

What pushed you to start?

The Doctors keep finding things wrong with me, both minor and very serious with me and I've been told that if I don't change for the better that my healthy will most seriously continue to decline my quality of life will get worse and worse. And from the way I feel I tend to believe them. Suffice to say, I want to live a long time, as long as God will give me upon this earth. If I keep going the way I am that won't happen. My body is being pushed to it's limit, from all the medical problems and meds that I'm taking.

I'm really truly Tried of being Tried and in discomfort all the time. I want to see what it's like to finally be a normal average weight for my height (I'm 6 ft) and enjoy being that way for the rest of my life.

Hopefully, if I can get my weight under control, a lot of my health issues like diabetes, or chance for having another heart attack may go away or never happen again.

I realize that some of the things I have wrong with me, at least I've been told there's no cure. I just have to hope and pray that once I get my weight under control , that perhaps I can live the remainder of my life, with nothing serious coming from these other health problems. At least I can hope that will be true.

Wish everyone the best for tomorrow's Weigh-In:

• JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s Question

My dad died of a heart attack at age 51 and my grandpa at age 50. I was near 400 pounds and was about to turn 40. It doesn't take a Doctor to tell me where I was headed. I was getting winded taking a shower. I knew it had to change
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,071 Member
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »
    Tuesday’s Question

My dad died of a heart attack at age 51 and my grandpa at age 50. I was near 400 pounds and was about to turn 40. It doesn't take a Doctor to tell me where I was headed. I was getting winded taking a shower. I knew it had to change

Sorry for your losses ...My dad also died of a heart attack at the age of 51 but it was because his 2nd wife pulled a gun on him ughhhhh

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s Question

I literally hit rock bottom before starting. My Dr. called and told me he couldn't renew any of my prescriptions since I hadn't been there for two years. That meant no more b/p meds or cholesterol meds. I had to tell him how bad I really was, being housebound and not fitting into a car. He got me into a program where they came to my home.
  • rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Good evening everyone.
    Check in:
    Steps - 7535
    Calories - 2313
    Exercise - pickliball for 2 hours in a hot gym. Lots of fun and sweat.
This discussion has been closed.