Downsizers Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• rwood566
    rwood566 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    @fatfifties I had a huge amount of help getting my head straightened out. My advice would be to log honestly. You are only lying to yourself and that shows you aren't ready to seriously lose.
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Step count

9/4 9331
    9/5 11816
    9/6 9221
  • MarieZI59
    MarieZI59 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    MarieZI59
    Weigh in day: Wednesday
    PW: 302.2
    CW: 295
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,484 Member
    Options
    Tuesday’s Question

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I started my journey to try and get healthier. I also wanted to be around to see my grandkids graduate, married and maybe even meet a great grandchild. Fear pushed me to start. I was starting to see weight related health issues. I was doing therapy for my binge eating so it was a good time to start.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MadDuck62 wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

PW: 304
    CW: 300

I keep on keepin' on. I was at the gym 5x last week and even went last night after a Labor Day pool party. I've started to integrate some weight training along with the cardio and I feel pretty good about my progress.

Awesome loss! Twoterville is the next stop on your journey.

rwood566 wrote: »
    Tuesday’s Question

Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?

I literally hit rock bottom before starting. My Dr. called and told me he couldn't renew any of my prescriptions since I hadn't been there for two years. That meant no more b/p meds or cholesterol meds. I had to tell him how bad I really was, being housebound and not fitting into a car. He got me into a program where they came to my home.

Such an inspiring journey. Housebound to playing pickle ball for 2 hours is amazing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    MarieZI59 wrote: »
    MarieZI59

Fantastic loss! Welcome to Twoterville!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,506
    7:30 wake up: ✔️

My daughter booked me a trip to the Dominican in December. They booked along time ago but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go. They are taking me for all the help I have given them while she was in school. This hopefully will give me some motivation to get my weight going in the right direction. Anyways, 98 days to go or 13 weigh ins.

It’s interesting reading everyone’s why yesterday. Most of us started to get healthier and be around for family.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s Question

What are your triggers? How can you avoid them?
  • 888Angie888
    888Angie888 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Steps 9/6: 16,903
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,131 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s Question

Pistachios is my biggest one .... I do not avoid them ... I just measure them out and eat the amount and do not go back for seconds
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    cfiex2i7z888.jpg

AUGUST WEEK 5 RESULTS:
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 166,029 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 122,378 steps
    3rd @mari_moulin 89,822 steps
    4th @rwood566 88,628 steps
    5th @Jpedno 72,694 steps
    GREAT JOB EVERYONE :):):)
    As A Group We Walked 818,951 steps
    WELL DONE EVERYBODY :):):):)

RECOGNIZING EVERYONE WHO PLEDGED THEIR STEPS
    @lindamtuck2018 6/7
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 7/7
    @888Angie888 6/7
    @rwood566 7/7
    @Morethanjustanumber 1/7
    @Aactuallyaash 0/7
    @Eatthefruitnotthecake78 5/7
    @mari_moulin 6/7
    @Laura9400 2/7
    @IP2021 1/7
    @aneedlecraft 5/7
    @Jpedno 6/7
    @red1185 0/7
    @Bluetail6 0/7

cwirru3bwaq7.jpg
    AUGUST GRAND FINALE
    TOP 5 STEPPERS ARE:
    1st @Megan_smartiepants1970 1,325,547 steps
    2nd @888Angie888 467,099 steps
    3rd @mari_moulin 438, 521 steps
    4th @rwood566 346,898 steps
    5th @Jpedno 330,133 steps
    As A Group We Walked 4,766,405 steps
    CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE :):):):):)
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    MarieZI59

Well done, fantastic loss!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Wednesday’s Question

Lately it’s been bread. It’s not something I can avoid as I have to keep it in the house for my husband.
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s Question

I looooooove pizza. Love it lol

I started having Vegan Pizza with a cauliflower crust. A MUCH healthier alternative and it tastes great. Having some for supper when I get done work.
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    Wednesday’s Question

Icecream! I've made a commitment, I'm never buying big tubs of icecream EVER ... ì eat the lot in one go. I'm allowed to buy single portions only if I can build it into my calorie allowance!
  • MarieZI59
    MarieZI59 Posts: 36 Member
    edited September 2022
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970-

Can you please put me down for 1,000 steps, at least until we get an idea of what different exercises count towards how many steps.

1) Walking: 5 minutes at a time for total of 30 minutes

2) Squats (20) (with assistance of holding onto something for balance).

3)Wall push ups (20)

4) Hip abduction exercise. (5 minutes) Did while stand behind my chair (very heavy chair) for support it's in living room.
    It's a form of cardio exercise, it's to help people with osteopenia or osteoporosis to strengthen their bones in hip area (kind of like standing yoga).

I'm thinking about getting up and using the back of my chair when there's a break during whatever show I'm watching and doing the exercises several times throughout the program on a daily basis. Hip abduction exercise is only supposed to be three times a week for me, so I'll find some other the kind of cardio to do during the rest of the week.

I know it's not much but it's a start and hopefully as I get stronger I can go to a better routine and longer routine.

Thank you,
    Marie
  • Eatthefruitnotthecake78
    Options
    Wednesday’s Question

I think the only thing that really gets me is chocolate, if i know there is chocolate in the cupboard ill keep thinking about it. Its like its calling me! Sometimes ill just have one square just to satisfy the craving, other times id eat the whole thing, and then be fed up ive given in. I think its probably best to either not keep it at all (thats what ive done this week) or buy a smaller amount for one occasional treat.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970-

Can you please put me down for 1,000 steps, at least until we get an idea of what different exercises count towards how many steps.

1) Walking: 5 minutes at a time for total of 30 minutes

2) Squats (20) (with assistance of holding onto something for balance).

3)Wall push ups (20)

4) Hip abduction exercise. (5 minutes) Did while stand behind my chair (very heavy chair) for support it's in living room.
    It's a form of cardio exercise, it's to help people with osteopenia or osteoporosis to strengthen their bones in hip area (kind of like standing yoga).

I'm thinking about getting up and using the back of my chair when there's a break during whatever show I'm watching and doing the exercises several times throughout the program on a daily basis. Hip abduction exercise is only supposed to be three times a week for me, so I'll find some other the kind of cardio to do during the rest of the week.

I know it's not much but it's a start and hopefully as I get stronger I can go to a better routine and longer routine.

Thank you,
    Marie

Glad to have you join us ... :)
  • Jpedno
    Jpedno Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Wednesday’s Question

I’m behind on these questions so I’ll go backward:
    Triggers: being hungry at 3 pm, road-trips/travel (junk food! New experiences!), delicious things I bake, alcohol or pot-induced munchies, cheese platters. I avoid them by having healthy snacks around, don’t drink often, I am trying not to bake unless I have someone to give the extra to.

Why did I start this journey?
    I want to be around for my husband and my cat. I want to travel the world and make memories so when I’m old and can’t do anything I can smile when I think of my adventures.

Also, my clothes don’t fit anymore and I’m sick of hating what I see in the mirror. I’m almost 42. I always looked so young and now I look my age! I want to at least be fit if I can’t be young anymore!

About me:
    I live in beautiful New Mexico. Originally from the east coast but I’ve been in either NM or CO for 19 years now.

I enjoy group exercise- spin class, bodypump (weights), yoga. Also hiking and walking with friends.
    My interests are plants, nature, history, archaeology, español. Also baking.

This discussion has been closed.