Monthly Post for September 2022

Options
Meghan509
Meghan509 Posts: 1,964 Member
Happy Thursday! Here's to all of us having a GREAT September!

Back soon with a post.

Replies

• Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

@KateNkognito that is cool about the fancy scale! Less fat is GOOD! Woo hoo!

LOL @ the travel plans! I have to say I have noticed a very big increase in business travel over the past six months, give or take. Finally seems like the world is slowly getting back to normal which is good. (Whatever normal means)... :p

Things are good here. Last day in the office physically until Tuesday. Next week is going to be a little busy but that's okay. Makes the time go by faster!

Have a good one and see you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

A pretty morning here in southern New England. Sunny and 64 degrees F at the moment which is kind of cool for us lately!!

We have a fun weekend on tap with friends staying over Saturday in to Sunday and then another couple invited us over on Sunday PM for a BBQ. Seems like a lot of weekends it's just the two of us, but honestly any way to spend a weekend is fine with me!! Planning to go to the beach tomorrow too.

Hope you guys have a great long Labor Day weekend and I will see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I just realized that it is the second day of the month and I am just now checking this board.
    Score one point for the kids today. Until today, it was all teacher points. Thank goodness for a long weekend! Alcohol purchased and pizza ordered. I rarely drink, but tonight...
    Have a great weekend y'all!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    So, I cannot express how happy I am to have a long weekend and then tomorrow is an in-service day. I 100% needed this. I hope you all are having a lovely weekend, or if not in the US, that Monday is treating you well.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!!

We had a nice long weekend, @KateNkognito and it sounds like you guys did too!

We had friends over Saturday in to Sunday. We went to our local beach on Saturday and it was beautiful. On Sunday we were invited to another friends' house and we had a nice dinner there. Good times.

Today it is rainy but I have to say YEA because we have been in a big drought here and we really need it. Took me 45 minutes to go ten miles to work, but hey the grass and plants are happy. LOL

Hoping for a good week and not one where Monday some how gets wedged in to Tuesday through Friday making it crazy! LOL

See you soon!

• KateNkognito
    Options
    Had a nice day. Learned new stuff about our curriculum. Short week with the kids.
    @Meghan509 Send some of that rain this way! We are DRY! Being in the Midwest, the crops have withered. Not looking good for grocery prices.
  • Meghan509
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Good morning!

Yes, I am pretty sure we got all of August's rain in the last few days!! We can already tell that our neighbor's lawn has grown! Our lawn cutting guy has not been coming lately because the grass is so dry and it has not been growing. Crazy... Hoping all the pretty plants and flowers that come up each year on their own are able to return after this dry spell. Sigh.

Doing a little rain dance for you, @KateNkognito! LOL Glad you had a good day yesterday.

Working on a big work project lately. Prepping for a Board Meeting next week, so making some binders. Fun, fun, fun! Been going smoothly the last day or so and now need to get back at it.

Have a great day and see you soon!
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Students were a beautiful mess today. I love my crazy people!
    Meghan, I hope the rest of the week goes smoothly.
    @MelodiousMermaid How's it going? I hope you are doing well!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Finished the big work project by mid day yesterday! Woo hoo. Now tackling a bunch of other stuff for a big meeting happening in two weeks but we are getting there! Looking forward to a Friday at home tomorrow. No traffic to complain about. :)

Hope you have a good rest of the week too, @KateNkognito and stay sane! LOL :p

@MelodiousMermaid hope you are having a good week!

See you soon!!

• KateNkognito
    Options
    My post from yesterday disappeared! And I am old and senile, so I don't remember what I said. :/
    Today was a great day for the kids. I, however sneezed my way through all of the outdoor lessons. Even my ornery class was pretty good! So we will call it a win! I showered and took allergy meds when I got home and had spicy food for dinner.
    @Meghan509 I hope you had a nice work from home day! Enjoy your weekend!
  • MelodiousMermaid
    MelodiousMermaid Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    So I forgot to check in to the group page to get the new monthly discussion thread... lol oops.

Sounds like you are both having a busy month. How the allergies are calming down where you're at @KateNkognito . They've been especially bad around here lately. Hope your Friday working from home was a great one @Meghan509 .

It's been an ok-ish start to the month for me, I guess, other than my relationship with my scale. Not currently on speaking terms... my weight has been staying in a general range over the last few weeks, instead of showing a loss. It's really frustrating, and it's hard to not let that get into my head and mess with my game.

But enough on that... there's been some decent kitchen adventures lately, some including different kinds of cheeses and different ways to have them, and last weekend I tried baking again (it's been years since I last baked something that wasn't pre-set). Made vanilla bean shortbread cookies. Also tried a new recipe for me and made something I have had in more than 10 years: zaru soba (cold soba noodles). Wow I missed those! Delicious!

I also ventured into the world of making my own skyr (Icelandic yogurt). The first batch was a success and netted about 5-ish cups of yogurt (from 1 gallon of milk). This was about twice what I would get in one container, and the price on one container was like 5.99 or so when I last shopped for it. So it's a bit of work (more long than anything), but with the cost savings, I think I'll be continuing to make this. I think my next kitchen trial will be making protein cinnamon rolls.

Hope you both have a good weekend and good coming week. See you next Saturday!

• Meghan509
    Options
    Hi all,
    Sorry for being MIA.
    Work is a little crazy at the moment. Preparing for an offsite meeting next week in NY.
    Forgot to check in on Friday and here we are at just before 2pm Eastern and I still have a coffee sitting on my desk from this AM. Sigh...
    Sorry I don't have time for individual hellos and responses. Promise to come back when work and life are less hectic.
    See you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Today was a long week. And this week is going to be a long month. I hope everyone makes it through.
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Today is definitely better. Not perfect but better! Phew.

My main gripe about planning for this meeting is the total last minute BS that people pull out of there you know where in the final hour. "Oh, we need a hotel room for the speaker". Helloooo the rooming list was due a month ago, couldn't you give me a heads up either then or sooner? UGH. What if the hotel is sold out? Who's going to have to deal with that? "Oh, we would like to hand out gift bags to all 35 attendees." Again, meeting is one week away and items have to be ordered, shipped, received, put in to cute little gift bags and then shipped back out to arrive in time for Friday as people start to check in on Sunday and the hotel needs to give them out. *screams*

Needless to say, diet and WOE are not top priority for me at the moment. But, once this chaos is over it will be. Sigh...

Hoping everybody has a good week. Mine is believe it or not, slowly getting better but I will be happy when all of this is over and I can back to my regular day to day job duties.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Sounds like this is a tough week, all around. Good news is I haven't had anything to eat and am losing weight. Bad news is it is because I have a migraine. Kids are being nice to me. So I guess we will call it a win.
  • Meghan509
    edited September 2022
    Options
    Good morning,

Yes, a tough week indeed. Hang in there @KateNkognito we got this. Hump day is here! And by the time this posts pretty much 2.5 days left to the work week for me!

Slowly getting better here. All of my items arrived for the gift bags, so planning to get those done and shipped out a day earlier if possible. Phew.

Tomorrow morning I have to sneak out of work for a bit to head to a follow up appointment with my Rheumatologist and the good news is the annoying pain and inflammation I was having in my right hand and wrist, is almost all gone. Big thing that I did or changed - I took off my FitBit. I am not saying FitBits are bad, I am just saying that people with known inflammatory issues should keep this in mind when wearing one. I never had any type of pain in my right hand before wearing a FitBit on that wrist for a little less than a year... I read up on this after I had taken it off and felt better and it is definitely "a thing" as a lot of people have similar experiences. Crazy, right?

Trying to stay low key and not stressed. Actually listening to some Led Zeppelin Greatest Hits on YouTube at my desk on low. LOL B)

See you soon!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning,

Quick check in for now. Little crazy here. But it is Friday Eve! And we got this. :(

Hope you have a good day and see you soon.
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Light at the end of the tunnel! Oh, wait! It's a train! I am pooped. Next week is looking like it will be just as busy. I hope everyone else gets some rest. Have a good one!
  • Meghan509
    Options
    Good morning!

Light at the end of the tunnel, indeed! One more day! Happy Friday and happy soon to be weekend.

Busy but crazy at the moment. I will take it.

Have a good day and see you soon. :)
  • KateNkognito
    Options
    Made it through the week. Weekend is jam packed. Then next week is brim full.
    Meghan, I hope you get some rest!