Runners that need some nutritional accountability

Options

Replies

• CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    @avidkeo Just wanted to jump on here and say hi. You have had a really tough go of it lately, so annoying when life does that do you for sure.

I think you are in the right place here, we all know how it feels to lose momentum. We are here to listen to you successes and oopsies and cheer you on!
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Oh @Avidkeo!! Welcome back and sending you so many hugs!! We have missed you too!
    I have heard that the flu was really bad in AU and NZ and they are calling for everyone here to get the flu shot. You have really been through the ringer and then all the issues at work on top! I hope things get straightened out there and the bully gets taken care of by management. Will you be able to get back into more of the on call shifts now? Any chance the schedulers did that because you have been sick?
    I don't know if you follow the running challenge at all but @polskagirl01 also had covid and is dealing with long covid issues now. ☹️

Remember all the things that worked for you before... make a plan, plan your food and start back exercising/running slowly. You'll get there - like you said one day at a time, one step at a time!

This thread has gotten pretty quiet... @quilteryoyo pops in once in a while. @CMorning99 is here pretty consistently and I try to check in too. @swenson19d hasn't been in for a while and last she checked in was pretty busy with school. @rheddmobile has dropped off the face of the earth and no one has heard from her.. I haven't even see a run from her in Strava for a while.
    So maybe we can get it rejuvenated! I miss having a place where we all can just talk....
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    @shanaber the scheduling happened because I ended up picking up lots of weekends and evening shifts because no one else would, and they would get the calls because I was already on shift.

The schedulers have been nice and given me 2 call weekends in a row, and have made an effort to spread things around a bit more. I've also stopped picking up shifts. I admit that's on me, but I was trying to help the team. To realise that no one else was doing it really hurt.

So today is day 1. My plan today is just track what I eat. I'm not worried about goal or anything. I'm just tracking. I also am going for a gentle run, I did weights yesterday so needs to be gentle.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,977 Member
    Options
    @CMorning99 I'm glad you are going to stick to your guns about your retirement plans. And, you are right. If you are in the middle of building the house, that will be a full time job until it is done. Glad your reselling business is picking up. Yeah for not gaining weight. I'm sure the walking will help. Even if you don't lose any weight, I'll be you'll feel better and your clothes will fit better.

Great bloodwork results @shanaber . I am going to try to interact with you guys more. I miss it. I was just super busy last month and tried to not be on the computer too late at night. Didn't really help me get to be any earlier, but at least I felt like it was a positive step. Maybe not. LOL

@Avidkeo I'm glad you are finally feeling better. You have been through a LOT! Glad it sounds like things are going a little better for you at work. It's so frustrating when things like that happen. I find when I track my food, even if I am not trying to meet any specific goal, I'll eat less because it makes me more mindful of what I am putting in my mouth. I need to start doing that again too.

Ladies, I know that I told you all that I was having issues in my private area. Monday, I tried to see the gynecologist, but it was going to be Monday before she is back in the office and they couldn't work me in this week with the other doctor's in the office. They suggested I try to see my PCP and see if he could help. I was able to get an appointment Monday afternoon. He diagnosed me with vulvar lichen sclerosis. Basically a skin disease where the skin in the pelvic region becomes thin, whitened, and causes itching and pain (especially if you scratch it accidently or get a crack). Anyway, they recommend getting a biopsy to make sure that is the correct diagnosis, as it can be a squamous cell cancer. So, he wound up taking two biopsies that day. I'll get the results in a week or so. Since he took the biopsy, he could start treatment, so I am using a steroidal cream every night. Haven't had enough time to see if it is helping yet, but I am hopeful it will and feel so much better that I know it isn't something horrible.

I haven't been running much, but need to get with it since I have a 10 mile race in early Dec. I'm try not to stress about it. I just haven't had enough hours in the day to get it in. I have kept up my walking streak at least.

Hang in there and I will try to check in more often. I do count you all as friends.
  • Avidkeo
    Options
    @quilteryoyo that sounds awful! Hope it clears up fast.

Day 1 went well. I was alone in the house and just logged etc. Felt good.

Today I'm mixing things up and getting out of my exercise rut. I'm starting an 8 week programme. Fortunately that means today is a rest day as I'm on call this weekend.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning!

@quilteryoyo I hope your issue clears up!

@avidkeo Glad day 1 went well!

319 days to retirement :)

Last week went pretty well, it was nice that it was a short week so that made it better LOL

The weekend was standard. Saturday I had a hair cut and I liked the stylist. He was fun but lawdy he likes to talk about himself LOL He did a really good job on my hair. I asked for 6 inches off but I feel it was closer to 8-9 inches...DH just says I just don't know how to measure. I like it so much, perfect length to pull back but also wear down and not have it everywhere. I go back in 2 weeks for a dye job.

I did my usual thrifting and it was a pretty good weekend quantity wise, no real gems though. I am really trying to branch out in to plus sizes and it has opened up a lot of doors. It wasn't I wouldn't pick it up before, but a lot of expensive brands don't have a plus line so I am having to learn how to shop for plus size. Sales were good but I have dropped $200 behind my goal for where I want to be by this time for "full time" income. I am hoping a couple of mom's really nice suede jackets sell.

I got all the paperwork from legal for an investigation I need to do for the Commander. I was reading it and it is a lot. The things we do in the military LOL You never know what you are going to have to learn to do, I told DH I should get an honorary Juris doctorate after this cluster cluck. The fact I have an attorney walking me through this, makes me wonder if I am the right man for the job.

Peloton app sent me a message they have a new program called "you can run" and so I packed up my gym clothes and we will see how that goes. I might log some things in MFP too. DH has been on a cooking kick and so I am not sure on the calories at dinner. They aren't bad things, but I just don't know 100% what he dumped in there.

We had a long talk with the architect on Friday as well. Day and night difference. So many hard questions...like do you want heating in the floor or ceiling? Floor works better but is more expensive b/c you have to have a raised floor then. DH wants photochromatic window too (eyeroll). The carpenter has not finished the stairs and we went to look at them on Friday and the work is meh, not what I would expect for $85 an hour. No nibbles on a mobile home repair company. Still too lazy to call fencing people. We did get the truck smogged and oil change so I can at least checking something of my list.

Clinic called to schedule an appt for my shoulder results...in 2 WEEKS!. I sent a message back asking if I could see the results. They have a whole portal where you are supposed to be able to "manage your healthcare" but nothing loads to it. I haven't heard back and of course the portal is down today.

Well, here's to progress this week!

• Avidkeo
    edited October 2022
    Options
    Well my weekend went to pot. I was on call and basically worked a night shift Saturday night. I was so tired and therefore hungry. Sigh. I'm giving myself a few more days cause I'm on call again tonight. And again the coming weekend.

Oh well that's life.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    @avidkeo Night shifts are the worst. It takes me days to transition and to recover. Thankfully I don't do them anymore (knock on wood).

Got my MRI results. No tear but there is degeneration of the AC joint with fluid in the bursa. Glad no surgery in my future and get validation it is allowed to ache.

I did do the Peloton program. Only thing about their programs I don't like is that you can't pre-download the class (only on individual classes) and I hit dead zones all over with no service.

• Avidkeo
    Options
    @CMorning99 I was lucky and got Monday off work. Haha.

Yay for no tear! The lack of being able to download is silly and annoying!

I kinda fell off the rails again cause I did call again on Tuesday night, ended up with Wednesday off. Been so tired this week. I got up this morning and did a HIIT run, walk/run intervals. It felt great being out there and I definitely noticed I felt much better for doing the exercise.

I'm on call again this weekend, and because it's a holiday weekend, I'm on for 4 nights. I'm going to make a point of getting out for at least a walk each day...

No weight lost yes, and nothing gained. I realised today I've been the same pretty much since April. I'd like to get back to my usual end of year weight, that means losing about 4kg (8lb) by end of Dec. I'm not confident.
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @CMorning99 Sounds like things are getting done. What are you investigating? Sounds interesting. Glad this architect seems to be a lot better. I think I would go with the floor heat since heat rises. If it is in the ceiling your feet are going to freeze and your head will be sweating. Just my two cents worth there. It is annoying that you can't download the workout. Glad your don't have to have surgery on your shoulder and can totally relate to at least knowing it is okay that it aches. Sometimes you just feel like it's all in your head - at least I do.

@Avidkeo Those night shifts have to be hard on your body overall and really mess with any kind of schedule you may have. Good luck with the weight loss. We're pulling for you.

I have been eating out a whole lot more than I should, but have no time to cook at the moment. Still, I seem to be staying close to the same weight and even lose a couple of pounds when I eat less salt, but of course it comes right back on a salty day. I'm just happy that I'm not gaining. I'm hoping some things will settle down and I'll have more time for exercise and cooking, but every time I think it is going to, something else happens. So, I'm doing what I can and not stressing over it any more.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Hi folks! Happy monday!

And so begins the 15 days of obnoxious work LOL

The week was pretty good last week. I got in 2 jog/walk 20 min runs with Peloton app and did 2 20 min Pilates beginners workouts too. I didn't track food and I def did not get all my walk in. I did manage to order the cat's meds so I think that was my 1 to do for the week LOL. I was tired though. On Tuesday night we had a family of racoons start a wrestling match in our back yard around 2am. They were screeching, scrapping, and climbing up and down the wood fence making so much noise. I finally got up and opened the sliding door to the patio from our bedroom and big daddy raccoon stood up (he probably reached my hip) and started growling at me...I went back in and proceeded to yell at them. They meandered off eventually. I was so tired when my alarm went off though. Then on Wed night one of our smoker alarms malfunctioned at midnight. It is the kind that is wired in so if 1 goes off they all do. It would go off for 20 seconds (not the low battery chirp, but the wake the dead screech) and then turn off, then on, then off, then on, then off...finally DH just unplugged it entirely.

This week I am going to try and do better. (I already missed 1 walk this AM). I have interviews all week for my investigation. @quilteryoyo It is for a harassment claim, we seem to have a civilian who is a bit grabby with the females and can pop off his mouth. Next we have the BIG inspectors coming to look at programs and of course my civilian won't be here. Then we have a 2 day big base exercise which I have to head up for the squadron. Oof. But once that is done, I think it is smooth sailing to next year :smile:

Oh and it is DH and my 23rd anniversary this week, well I guess it is next week Monday. He bought me an iRoomba and I got him an fancy air fryer. Guess we are past diamonds and flowers LOL. Oh and this week is Mom's birthday. It was hitting me pretty hard last week but I think I am ok this week. It was the last week I spent with her when we celebrated her 77th birthday. OMG, I can't believe next year she would have been 80!

It is cooling off a bit, last week though we had some pretty hot days (90) but now it is dry with the fog gone and I am coughing like crazy. I need to drink more water. Today I have my phone consult about my shoulder. I am really trying to think about what to complain about next LOL I still need to get my rheum appt, they never got my referral last week.

Last week reselling was ok. I have been doing better tracking number of items I am listing a day, relisting a day and what is selling (if it is new or a relist) and then also the amount made that day. Sales are really tapering off. I know part of my problem is storage...I just don't have anywhere to put stuff. I was having a minor panic attack last night ... my latest big stressor is where we will live while we wait for the house. Hope it sorts out.

Have a great week!

• Avidkeo
    Options
    Hey all. Finally got out for a run today. I have had absolutely no mojonin the last couple of weeks. I set my alarm, and decided I'd do whatever I wanted when I woke up. And I felt like a run so off I went. Watch suggested 50 min slow so that's basically what I did. Ran 30 min before taking a few walk breaks. Felt good.

Student day today. The lady at work is still harassing me. So I've made a formal complaint at work. I think what will happen is we will have a formal sit down with my manager and our team leader. That will be interesting.

Other than that, nothing interesting is happening. Just living life really
  • quilteryoyo
    Options
    @CMorning99 HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Hope you are able to get some good celebrating in, even without diamond and flowers. :wink: Glad other things are working out. Those harassment complaints can be hard if it is a matter of he said, she said, but sounds like more than one female has complained. Hope next week goes well and then you can relax. Hugs regarding your mom's birthday. Those days are hard after a loved one is gone.

@Avidkeo Did you have the meeting? If so, how did it go? I would think that would be a little awkward, but hope it works and she stops harassing you!

Sorry I've been MIA. I miss you all. Just been really, really busy and haven't even opened up the computer a couple of evenings when I get home late and have to be up early the next day. I'm trying to prioritize sleep, but it isn't working, yet. It is better most night. At least I'm getting almost 6 hours. Working on 7.

I haven't been running much either, but am keeping up with my streak of at least a mile fast walk every day. Some days I know that isn't a lot and seems sort of not worth the effort, but I know it is a big deal for me in the grand scheme of things. If I allow myself to get in the habit of "it's too late" or "I'm too tired" or any of the other myriad of excuses I have stored up in my head, I'd soon be making those excuses most days and not getting much exercise at all. So, the streak at least helps me get intentional exercise every day.

• CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning folks!

@avidkeo Good job on reporting it. In my case I am investigating right now, most of my eye witnesses are all clammed up. How do they expect us to do anything if they won't tell us?

Last week went well enough. I made my 2 peloton 20 min runs and 2 20 min beginner pilates. I didn't track calories. Did have a thrifting day and my apple watch said I walked 3.5 miles. I bought a pair of jeans for myself that I liked but alas, I was deluded to think I was still a size 10.

No updates on the property. I am going to email the architect this week and see if he has any questions. As far as I can tell, the carpenters still have not gone out to finish the stairs on the moved mobile home. Freaking seriously. I can't wait till I can be done with people. Still no luck on finding a maintenance company either.

Last day of the month for reselling and me putting a bit more effort into it. Although the last 5 days have been pretty low effort. Mainly because I ran out of listings on my eBay store and FB suspended my account until they can verify my identity for tax reasons. It was very sus. No other platform asks for anything other than your SSN and they take your word for it. FB wanted a picture of my drivers license AND SSN card. I went back and forth a long time with that and finally went with it, it is a another income stream, albeit small one. I don't know what is going on with Poshmark, I started off the month strong with 3-6 sales a day when they announced they were reversing their search function changes (which broke the platform) but something happened about 7 days ago where it went back to the way it was before and now I am getting 1 sale maybe a day or every other day. I am $300 from making my monthly retirement minimum goal. Not likely I will make it, but with a bit more effort and upgrading my eBay store I should make it in the coming months.

This week I need to wrap up my investigations. I have an inspection tomorrow. I also have meetings for the upcoming exercise next week, of course they told last week half my team is getting replaced and hasn't even been through the training. 304 days to retirement.

Today is our anniversary. DH is cooking his "famous" stuffed meatballs and we are watching The Crow. No other plans.

Maybe I will do a November reset...I now have 2 pairs of jeans I like that I can't wear.

Have a great week and stay warm!

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @CMorning99 Dealing with people who won't do what they say is so frustrating. Hang in there. Hope you reselling picks up and the exercise goes well next week. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! Enjoy your dinner and movie.

I didn't have to work today and had no appointments. It sort of felt weird to have no commitments.
  • shanaber
    Options
    @CMorning99 - Happy Anniversary!
    I have to say I am amazed at how difficult the resale business seems to be. Not the actual selling part but all the hoops to go thru with the different platforms.

@Avidkeo - How did your student day go? I hope you can get the harassment resolved. It makes the work environment so miserable.
    A while back you were making snacks/meals to take with you when you were on call I think. Would it help to do that again so you don't get so hungry?

@quilteryoyo - you have been so busy lately not having any commitments must have felt amazing but also so weird. I always worry I forgot something that I was supposed to do and may or may not have had on my calendar!

I have been busy with family and friends who came to visit and then we decided to take a trip to OR and drive the Fall Foliage loop. We also decided to take a day along the way to visit Lassen Volcanic National Park.
    The park was so interesting and not one that I had ever heard of. There are 5 volcanos there and last erupted in the mid-1920's. There are also geothermal mud pits similar to Yellowstone.
    The Fall Foliage loop was a bit of a disappointment. Mostly there were brown leaves. I think because it has been so warm and dry. It did rain really hard when we were heading into Hillsboro and there was winter storm warnings along a portion of the loop we had planned to drive. They got about 10 inches of snow and we decided not to complete the loop and just headed back towards Portland and down to Salem. We did see some pretty trees once we got to Salem on our way back.

I got on the scale Monday and was not surprised to see it up nearly 5 lbs... today it was back down 3 (yay!) but I need to get back on track. With that 5 lbs I am up 10 total for the year. So while I am down a little I too need to lose about 7-8 lbs.
    I am also having another autoimmune flare. I am sure it is a result of not eating or sleeping well on the trip. My DH likes to eat the breakfast at the hotels and they don't have much that I would eat. We never seemed to eat lunch so I would snack on popcorn or whatever was handy. Dinner seemed to be pretty heavy most nights - BBQ one night, burgers another, etc. The last night we landed at our friend's house and grilled steaks. It was a great evening but we ate so much! This week my focus has been to get in some gentle workouts and get back to our normal eating patterns and foods. I'm feeling a bit better, not quite so achy and I am sleeping like a rock (9 hours solid last night).
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning and Aloha Friday! Oof, what a week and 1 more to go.

@Shanaber I love how you guys just took off to travel! I can't wait till we can do that, although DH is not a huge traveler. I think I can only get him off base maybe 2-3x a month LOL.

This week was so hectic! We had a no notice OSHA inspection and I can 100% check off that I will never work with, for, or around them again. I know they are helping but we got the psycho inspector who likes to remind us the 2-3 times a day she calls to ask for so some document that this is a "federal inspection". That has sucked away at least half my week. We also had our scheduled Air Force inspection on other programs, my stuff was fine and they actually asked me for advice on how to do things better LOL. I finally got my interviews done, I spoke with the gentleman who is the one who is allegedly harassing, prior Army tough guy...he worked for the Sheriff for a bit but now is a box kicker (aka supply). He puffed on about his law enforcement days and how he "knew things" and once I put him under oath, he clammed up. He did vehemently deny the allegations though. Whatever, I am just taking their statements. I was asked my initial impression and I said the guy was an alpha *kitten* with a huge ego that lets him think he is important enough, smart enough, and bad *kitten* enough to get away with things...and fully believes in "tough leadership". Snort, don't impress me much :smile:

But I haven't had a chance to run. I have been eating complete crap and fast food. Bugger. I ordered new jeans a 12 and a 14. I can now feel my stomach when I slouch and it drives me nuts. Fingers crossed I can find the desire to fix this.

Cold weekend with rain scheduled, Black Cat needs B-12 shot and a weigh (he has lost a lot of weight). Grey cat had 2 cases of the zoomies in the middle of the night and then proceeded to barf everywhere this AM...he is such a tough old bird.

I need to go the ranch and drive the truck around and check on the horses. I should cover the travel trailer too but holy cow that is a PITA. 3 weeks and nothing from the new architect.

• quilteryoyo
    Options
    @shanaber I saw your pictures in the other thread. Such a pretty trip and I forgot to comment on that boulder being thrown 5 miles. The power of nature is amazing! I'm sure you will be able to lose the weight you gained this year. I need to do the same. You were right about the day off, it's like I felt like there was something that I should be doing, but couldn't quite put my finger on it. LOL Sorry your autoimmune has flared up again. Hopefully getting back into your normal routine with exercise, sleep, and eating will help calm it down again.

@CMorning99 Sounds like a tough week with the OSHA inspection. Also, just from what you said, it sounds like the harassment allegations are probably well founded. Some people need to bully to feel important. I hope your cats start feeling better again. It's so hard when they are sick. I'm surprised you haven't heard from the architect, but maybe he is working on it and just waiting until he has something to show it. Seems like I recall not hearing from ours until he had it drawn up and then we had him completely change the outside 3 times before he hit upon our vision - which we really weren't sure what it was. We just knew it when we saw it. LOL Fortunately, he was very patient with us.
  • CMorning99
    Options
    Good morning everyone!

Last week for the big push before the holiday period starts!

The weekend was ok. Nothing exciting. Black cat had his appt and he has lost 4 oz in the last month. We also went up to the ranch and the guys never came back to finish the stairs, it has been 3 weeks. I messaged my builder who hired them for me and said they don't need to come back, my handyman will finish it for me (in like a year LOL). The first set of stairs look good, the second set they totally sucked. I looked at them and they even used termite eaten wood! Well, at least I know now we have termites on the land. All else was fine up there, it was so pretty and perfectly clear and you could see the 120 degree view of the ocean.

After that it was chores and reselling. It was dead all weekend and I only made $28 per day...ouch. I also have a couple returns coming back...boo. I got my new jeans, they are Eddie Bauer. The 14s were tight in the hips and 8 inches of extra fabric in the waist...DH was so confused why they would cut jeans that way LOL. I got the 12s in and they were relaxed fit and they fit PERFECTLY! DH actually got mad for a minute he was so confused on what was going on LOL Welcome to the world of women's fashion.

I am in a quandary for sure. I need to have a heart to heart with the builder and the architect on how long this house is going to take. DH and I need to be out of base housing in approximately 7 months. If the current trend is going to continue and it could be 2+ years to build I mentioned to DH we might as well buy a house near base. With housing shortages it will always have a renter once we are done and it could become an investment property. The concerns: interest rates suck! The cheapest houses here are about $650K. I would have to get a W2 job probably when the time came to get a construction loan. Also the issue of what would we qualify for if we already had a mortgage? Would having a mortgage make getting a construction load even harder? Who do I talk to about these things?

It is supposed to rain all week and with as busy as I am at work, I didn't pack workout clothes. I did tell myself I would count calories at least. Maybe try to lose 5 lbs by 1 Jan? I wish I wanted it more instead of just dreaming about it.

Well, best get to it.

• shanaber
    Options
    Happy Veterans Day @CMorning99 and @quilteryoyo!! Thank you for your service!!