TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (December)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.

Replies

• JbeanR0212
    JbeanR0212 Posts: 721 Member
    Options
    Hi frinds! My name is Jenn. I am sum time hirt mi brane am for tri very hord for to be get bac I yous be. Wirk hord lot in al theges for kepe tri be strog! I am be sum time get trubel for to say rog theges or be luz trol but am tri for pashit pindens. I hav be do Fitnes Pal for al sef naw so for nede hep or stugel be tel me for fic plese. I tri for stad propreeat but am stil lirn sum. Lisa be jus frind for viset sum naw I be wate nu pursin for no be spect to be do mi TBBT me. I am no can tri for luz wate yet but am do pramis for be hord wirk eviry day. I am luv mi kids but me Jordan fite lot al days. I be love you al lot an thak for!
    Jenn

TRANSLATION:
    Hi friends! My name is Jenn. I suffered a traumatic brain injury months ago. I am working very hard on my rehabilitation so I can get back to where I used to be. I work hard on a lot of things from physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, cognitive/behavioral therapy, counseling & literacy. Some days are very frustrating and difficult but I keep reminding myself that I am strong. Sometimes my frustrations or difficulties to understand get me in trouble. Other times I struggle to contain my impulses. I am trying to be patient as I work towards regaining my independence. My former caretaker helped manage My Fitness Pal account but I have to do it all on my own now. If I forget to check in, please remind me. If I say something wrong, gently correct me. I want to be appropriate and learn from my mistakes. I’m still waiting for a new permanent caregiver to be assigned but my friend Lisa said not to expect them to do all the things that she used to. I’m not aloud to focus on weight loss yet but I promise to work hard on my therapies every day. I love my kids! My oldest and I struggle a lot these days. She is in charge of me and it has been a difficult life change for the both of us. I love you all and am very thankful for your support. - Jenn
    *Translation provided by her dear friend Lisa. For a deeper understanding, refer to Jenn’s introductions/posts from the past few months. Neither Jordan or I are monitoring her virtual activities anymore. Admittedly Jenn is still acquiring skills for her social toolbox but her capabilities are often misjudged, she is worthy of dignity & respect! She deserves privacy and to be treated like the adult she is. Sorry @Daffygirl88, the moderation falls to you. Your notification about the December thread was perfectly timed with my social visit. I’m happy to be of service one last time (Jenn asked me for advice/help). You may need to invite her over to the December posts at the start of the month. Jordan (daughter), Susan (friend) & her therapist are narrowing down on some strong candidates for my permanent replacement. Thank you all for your continued support. Your interactions are a true encouragement and mean the world to Jenn!
  • Tomsgal1985
    Tomsgal1985 Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    @susanshaughnessy80
    December Week 1
    PW: 211.8
    CW: 211.6

So sorry I have missed so much! We’re back in our house now that our road is passable once again. So thankful! I’m struggling with food choices & getting back to tracking. I think of you all often and pray for you ❤️❤️❤️
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    December week 1
    CW 185.5

Looking forward to seeing what happens this time. So want to keep going in the right direction! Good luck to all!
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    I am so hapy for you Susan! You are a strog wuman you can got this! I am theke you lot for big hugs.

Nice for to mete you tslose the lades on this grupe are best! I love my TBBT so mush!
  • DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,493 Member
    Options
    Sunday 4 December
    Track: yes
    Under: yes Woot!
    Exercise yes
  • DaffyGirl88
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Sue, and I am 62 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 2 grandbabies (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐶. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on for.ev.er. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge (you've probably figured that out LOL) and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. 📚🚶

I have been on MFP for 10 years now and part of TBBT for a little over 2. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I officially hit my goal of 140 lbs in September but sadly have been on a steady climb since my vacation in October. :/

My goal for December is to nip that weight gain in the bud. It's going to be a challenge for sure. For the next two weeks I will be in contract negotiations at work which means sitting in a conference room with 20 other people. Lots of bagels and doughnuts, working lunches with pizza or Jimmy John's delivered, and very few breaks to get up and get the blood flowing. That coupled with the usual holiday gatherings, platters of cookies and the occasional egg nog means I have my work cut out for me.

Good luck everyone!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    How to make The Biggest Loser Challenge more "user friendly"
    • Don’t keep losing us!! If you’re here reading this now go ahead and bookmark this thread at the top right of the page; then we will always appear in your “bookmarks”. Once you’re in MFP and have clicked on “Community”, you’re “Bookmarks” will be on the Community’s landing page. You’ll also be able to click your profile picture and find “notifications” from your book marked pages.
    • Want to respond directly to what someone posted? At the bottom of their post click “quote”, scroll down and you’ll see their message prefilled in your text box and you’ll respond below their quotation.
    • Need to get someone’s attention? When you’re typing out your post you can put an @ symbol in front of their username and that will tag the person, they’ll then see a red “notification” when they go to click on their profile picture to get to their bookmarks.
    • Still confused? Its ok! Tag me or better yet! Click on my name next to this post. Go to my profile picture and send me a friend request then you can send me a message or look at my food diary, or just be my friend!

Oh yeah and Welcome!!! 🤗
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    tslose wrote: »
    December week 1
    CW 185.5

Looking forward to seeing what happens this time. So want to keep going in the right direction! Good luck to all!

@tslose Welcome to The Big Butt Theory (aka TBBT) :)
  • majork29
    majork29 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm Kira, a little bit late on the weigh in, life has been hard lately. I'm not feeling great, my AS (Ankylosing Spondalitus) has been acting up and I am in the middle of getting paper work completed for when my special needs girls truns 18 in the fall.

Username: majork29
    Weigh in week: Dec week 1
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 183.8
    Todays Weight: 185.6

I note that i gained. This is normal when I take more of my pain meds and I ahve learned to ecpect it.
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Welcom majork29! Hapy to hav you here. Do no wory mush for wate this grupe very sportiv no win wil jug you jus lift you up. Sory I no I am no good riter yet but am wirk hard for al to esy unstad.

Daffygirl 88 Sue, mi fone tel me to wate but I am theke spose for Thursday? I am cofuze you want me for to way mi self?

I am stil kwartine in rume so no thirpy exises gin yet. I hav wate for no cof.
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    majork29 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm Kira, a little bit late on the weigh in, life has been hard lately. I'm not feeling great, my AS (Ankylosing Spondalitus) has been acting up and I am in the middle of getting paper work completed for when my special needs girls truns 18 in the fall.

Username: majork29
    Weigh in week: Dec week 1
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 183.8
    Todays Weight: 185.6

I note that i gained. This is normal when I take more of my pain meds and I ahve learned to ecpect it.

@majork29 Welcome to the group!!!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @JbeanR0212 I'm sorry for the confusion. The moderator wasn't able to get December up and running so we (the captains) decided to just add an extra week onto November and start December a week late. Believe me, it was confusing even for those of us who do NOT have a TBI. ;) I am just rolling over anyone who missed a weigh-in. I don't want anyone to get lost in the shuffle.

I'm sorry you are still in quarantine and having to watch your kids through the window. Hoping you feel good though!? You'll be able to hug on them again soon. <3
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    ABOUT THE CHALLENGES & REQUIRED WEIGHT POSTINGS

We are going to be running a daily post challenge or MUAC(Mini Ultimate Accountability Challenge) Based on another MFP Challenge called the UAC

Participation in this challenge is optional but highly encouraged for the following reasons:
    - Helps to keep your goals in focus daily
    - Motivating to see others working on the same things and having the same struggles too. It's definitely a reminder that we're not alone and we are a team
    - Many of us who participate and have successfully lost weight, m would all agree that the daily posting MUAC really is the key!

The way it works:
    #1. Track EVERYTHING you eat that has calories.
    #2. Stay inside your allocated daily budget. (you set your own budget)
    #3. Try to do at least 20 minutes of activity a day (anything: walk, run, cycle, swim, gardening, housework, yoga, gym, etc.. As long as it gets you active and off the couch)
    #4. Check in daily (tracking yes/no, calories yes/no, exercise yes/no).

****End of the week. those who have managed to keep to plan for 6 out of 7 days are recognized in the thread as being part of the weekly "Winners Circle". Our weeks always start on Sunday so we started tracking Sunday, December 4 😉

Your MUAC Posts should look like this:
    Daily Post (Sunday)
    Track: Yes/no
    Calories: Yes/no (were you under)
    Exercise: Yes/no (what type and how long)
    Goals/Day/Comments: (Tell us a brief description about how your day went or your goals for the day)

Your Weekly Weigh-In Posts should look like this:
    DaffyGirl88
    Week 1
    PW =(previous weight)
    CW=(current weight)

Also, if you have any suggestions for the team or fun ideas to spice things up a bit, please feel free to share them, we look for new ways to help engagement and keep people motivated!!

Welcome to the Challenge!!
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    12/4
    Tracked: yes
    Under: yes
    Exercise: yes 60 min training session

12/5
    Tracked: yes
    Exercise: yes spin class
  • JbeanR0212
    Options
    Daffygirl88 I am be ok just sum cof. I am hapy for to hav Lisa be me just for won to leve rume and love mi kids. I am mete nu cargivir to cide win beter am lot nirvus scare but Lisa be tri for to com me big breths. I can get to make pinon al bode say hir nise. Won minit day time.
  • HASWLRS
    HASWLRS Posts: 7,997 Member
    Options
    Hello, Team TBBT

I have tried twice to "come back" only to have it last about one day. That is not fair to anyone, especially in a team setting. So I would like permission to participate, but in an unofficial capacity. I need to prove to this team and to myself that I can participate and give my best effort for the whole four weeks. It may not mean that I am successful, but it will mean that I am trying. That's all we ask of anyone who joins this group. I have come to realize recently that life will surprise you...all of a sudden it does not look like what you thought it would look like, and the tomorrow you are putting things off for may never come or it will not be relevant anymore when it does come. My mother passed away two weeks ago after a month of suffering in hospital, my niece who has been married for three years is getting divorced and my son and his live-in girlfriend had a huge blow-up on a family vacation and they may not make it as a couple either. So, I guess I want to tackle my weight and fitness issues now more than ever, because it is something that is within my control today.

Okay, enough of the sad violins...

@DaffyGirl88 If you would rather not have me clutter up the team thread and wait until I am committed to coming back as a full fledged team member, then just shoot me a message. If you are okay with it, I will post more later, including an introduction.

Have a great December everyone!
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Monday 5 December
    Track: yes
    Exercise: yes

Will be offline for the rest of the day. Have a great Tuesday everyone! B)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @HASWLRS Are you kidding me?? You are always welcome, official or not. You decide. Those who know me know that I am all about the support that we provide each other. I could not care less about winning or losing the weekly contest. I have done nothing but gain for the last two months. I'd have to bench myself!!! :D
  • mooreshelly09
    mooreshelly09 Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    @HASWLRS - throwing my opinion out there and hope you stay in whatever capacity you can do! I myself need to get my butt back in gear and get back to posting my daily's <3
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just can’t get it together. Haven’t done any other exercises except walk. Haven’t stuck to a meal plan- been snacking. Need to turn it around now!!