Weekly updates go here

13»

Replies

• SimpleSimonEU
    SimpleSimonEU Posts: 151 Member
    @JuliaGirl132 Great that you are back at the plan! I recognize the cravings: once you fall off the wagon for a day, it's hard to get on. Sometimes even after one meal, for me it happens when eating something with a lot of sugar. Must be something with insulin: after a sugar bomb insulin spikes, causing eventually that your blood sugar drops and you get a craving. Whole foods keep your insulin low!
  • SimpleSimonEU
    Weekly update.
    Goal: 89.9 kg by Christmas (= lose 8.0 kg)
    Week 0 (August 7): 97.9 kg (= start weight)
    Week 15 (November 20th): 94.7 kg
    Week 16 (November 27th): 94.7 kg
    ==> lost 0.0 kg this week, 3.2 kg in total
    ==> still 4.8 kg to go within 4 weeks
    No loss this week, but some weird outliers both high and low. I'll stick to it and see where it goes next week. Hope to get in a lot of physical activity this week...
  • SimpleSimonEU
    Weekly update.
    Week 16 (November 27th): 94.7 kg
    Week 17 (December 4th): 95.0 kg (ish)
    ==> gained 0.3 kg this week, 3.2 kg in total
    ==> still 5.1 kg to go within 3 weeks
    ==> new goal: lose 1.1 kg in 3 weeks to get below 94.0 kg (50% of initial goal)
    Just 1 reading this week, as I was away all week for work. Did not get as much physical activity as hoped. For last 3 weeks new goal is to get below 94.0 kg. Chaleging with the upcoming holidays, but doable (<0.4 kg per week loss). Let's go!
  • SimpleSimonEU
    Christmas is getting closer and so is my (adjusted...) goal!
    Week 17 (December 4th): 95.0 kg (ish)
    Week 18 (December 11th): 94.3 kg
    ==> lost 0.7 kg this week, 3.6 kg in total, 0.4 kg to go in the next 2 weeks
    ==> new goal: lose 1.1 kg in 3 weeks to get below 94.0 kg (50% of initial goal)
    Week 17 was just 1 measurement, week 18 was only three because scale broke down... So not sure how reliable these last two weeks were.
    But with 2 weeks to go, I'm still aiming to get to <94.0 kg. Should be doable!
  • JuliaGirl132
    JuliaGirl132 Posts: 91 Member
    edited December 2022
    Goal: 150 lbs (68.04 kg) by Christmas Adjusted 157 lbs (71.2 kg)
    Sept 25: 173.5 lbs (78.7 kg) Starting Weight
    Oct 30: 162 lbs (73.48)
    Dec 11: 161lbs (73.28)

Loss since last post: 1 lb (0.45 kg)
    Total loss since Sept 25: 12.5 lbs (5.67 kg)
    Lbs/kg to go: 11 lbs (about 5 kg) Adjusted 4 lbs (1.8 kg)

So, I am trying to make peace with the fact that I simply don’t do well with highly processed foods. The chemical additives, processed sugars, and alcohol seem to mess with the parts of my brain responsible for food cravings. :o And I don’t even seem to care for most of the foods all that much anymore that it causes me to crave. Go figure. Anyway, back to primarily whole food, plant-based and loving it. My weight has responded accordingly and, of course, feeling better/sleeping better again too.

I may not reach my goal that I set for Christmas, but I still plan to finish strong and I’ve still lost almost 6 kgs (12.5 lbs) since the end of September.

2 Weeks till Christmas. If I could lose 3 to 4 lbs (1.36 to 1.8 kg) during the next 2 weeks, I will still be “over the moon” happy as I sit by the Christmas tree waiting for Santa! o:)
  • SimpleSimonEU
    ONE WEEK UNTIL CHRISTMAS!

Week 18 (December 11th): 94.3 kg
    Week 19 (December 18th): 94.9 kg
    ==> gained kg this week, lost 3.0 kg in total, 0.9 kg to go in the next week
    ==> new goal: lose 1.0 kg in 1 week to get below 94.0 kg (50% of initial goal)
    One weird outlier today bumped up my average, so it will go down. Very tough weeks to stick to the good plans: lots of distractions, very little energy. Let's see how close to 94.0 kg I can get in this last week.
  • SimpleSimonEU
    @JuliaGirl132 You're doing great! Lost so much over the last months, celebrate your success!! And enjoy the last week of the challenge :-)
  • SimpleSimonEU
    Final weight on Christmas 95.4 kg. Lost 2.5 kg in total.
    Not the final weight I hoped for, especially last week is almost a full kg over the average of the weeks before. On the other hand: still lost 2.5 kg in the busiest and most stressful time of year, so confident that I can do it again in the spring. I'll be back! :)