Replies

• shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 183.2
    Current weight - 183.2

@Cornanda - Hugs! I’m struggling in certain areas too! This time of year I thinks it’s normal to loosen up a bit, don’t be too hard on yourself. Just enjoy the holidays as much as you possibly can.

@trooworld - your house looks so lovely!! 😍 Awe, your lil birthday girl looks adorable!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - your tea obsession has me reeling. 🤣 I’ve actually been thinking so much about tea this week it’s crazy! I brought in my machine that holds the 5 gallon jugs of water just because my mom and I wanted to drink more tea and putting water into a mug and heating it up in the microwave took too much effort 😂😂😂 I even own a percolator but let be real here, if a microwave is too much work I could never hang with waiting on water to percolate! 🤣 Being able to dispense hot water has indeed helped us both step up our tea drinking game! Now I’m going to have to see if I can talk her into a horror Christmas show. 🤣 I think that will definitely be a NO! 😂 Congrats on one of each how exciting!!! Standing ovation for shedded that bloat!! I’ll jump on board with reporting a win everyday!!

@bethanie0825 - I’m gonna have to take the time to read the no zero days! I’m sorry for the struggles and I haven’t been hitting my steps at all. It’s blowing my mind bc I used to ride in a truck all day and hit my steps with little effort just at the few stops we would make going in and out of stores, now I’m working out almost everyday and I’m up moving and still can’t seem to get back in the groove. 😔

@Katmary71 - I can’t look at people’s diaries either or I want what they had! I love the idea of no zero days in 2023. I love to hear about y’alls date nights. Sorry you couldn’t sleep well. My nights and days are getting mixed up again hanging with my daughter.

I was up at 1:30am eating an extra helping of stew and two pieces of cornbread and drank a huge cup of sweet tea. Still fighting sweet cravings so I caved and had two cinnamon toasts also, slept in late today and was bombarded by kids earlier than I anticipated so we got everyday done (including the gym) so that they could get ready to head off to their jobs! My son got to drive his car to work again today! 🥳🥳🥳 I really will never be able to repay my mom for all she has done. We are heading out tonight armed with a grocery list to stick up on good healthy foods and treats. These heavy carb days are killing me but I can see changes in both myself and my daughter after just one week at the gym!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @hlnnan Way to go!

@cornanda @laurelfit57 Didn't catch it the first time but I had to go Google it after Lisa said that, haha! I bet my fur niece would like those.

@Tamevv Hugs my friend, yes keep plugging away, hopefully things will improve soon. I know people talk about motivation but you don't always have that, some days it's keeping up good habits and some days you feel it. Nothing wrong with treading water for a bit. I like sticking to no zeros!

@trooworld Chili and cornbread sounds awesome. Look at that party animal, love her!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yes you did, way to go! Is your mom like you about horror movies? I see an older you rubbing her hands together asking the couple left if they're actually scared of a little blood! We watched Nosedive, season 3 episode 2, it was prety good. I've watched most of the first 2 seasons and most of the fifth. Wow amazing job on the cards! I'm glad you're able to help your Mom with her cards, that's a great idea. Congratulations on the grandson news, woot woot!

@shaunarlr83 Sounds like we have a year challenge coming up, woohoo! Oh no, I've done the late night munching a few times recently, I always feel so bad after I do it too. Glad you got everything done! That's wonderful you and your daughter are already seeing results, so happy for you both. As for date nights Bill and I are about 120 miles apart so we have nights where we watch the same movie or show together then our cooking nights we decide on a recipe and talk on the phone while we make it and while it's cooking (when we made meatloaf we FaceTimed since it was an hour cooking time) then usually watch something on TV together. Social media definitely makes the long-distance thing easier.

@soaness You sound very busy, way to go on getting the workouts in! Good luck with the jump rope!

Hi everyone! Had another weird night's sleep, I actually had a dream a doctor sat me down and told me my uric acid was high from my marijuana tea I drink at night and if I didn't stop it that and high liver enzymes would kill me. I had no clue what uric acid was aside of being something in the body (thank you subconscious because apparently you absorb everything I read and forget) so I woke up and had to Google to see what it was. There's apparently no coorelation as I read a bunch of medical journals to make sure but adding it to my tea tonight was a bit nerve-wracking! I hate dreams like that. Did my workout, got my work done, and got a pair of jeans for the concert and most of the week's grocery shopping done so no zero day from me today, woohoo! I got my new recycle can today finally and wrapped all but a couple presents, Bill and I plan to play with my nephew's drum machine I'm giving him when he comes so I'm fairly caught up aside of some cleaning over the next two days. Have a great Tuesday team!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Have you seen Christmas Bloody Christmas? Boy that just sounds weird to type that after "vegan", lol! I looked up the other one on Fandago and saw this and thought of you.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 lol, tuna brownie sounds so gross!! Lol, but dogs love anything that's the stinkier the better. I love how you trained your pup on the treadmill. I might give it a try after Christmas is put away. Lol, right now all my Christmas bins are stacked on the treadmill.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats at being a nana!! There's nothing like a grand beauty to make your heart melt in ways you didn't know it could.

Hey y'all, I love all the pictures. I got on the scale yesterday and I was almost 158 lbs., my starting weight was 164 lbs. so, I can't have that. Today, I have eaten as clean as I possibly could have and today, I walked for about 20-25 min around the house until I reached my 10,000 step goal. One good day down, tomorrow is a brand new day!!

My stomach has been hard, bloated and achy. I've been having a lot of heartburn and acid reflux/indigestion for a couple days. Right now, it is sort of feeling better and I know I need to take the weight back off. This wasn't happening when I was down about 15 lbs.

I think I might be snapping out of this depression for awhile, I hope!! I still want to see a therapist but I want to wait till after the holidays.

Alright, y'all have a great evening/day!!
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    hlnnan wrote: »
    Weigh in day - Monday

PW 46.2kg
    CW 46.1kg

Considering we,celebrated one family birthday in the week I am OK will that weight. Will be putting in all the effort to loose next week!

Just noticed that I transposed my weight numbers! Should be 64 not 46, sorry!

Also, I stepped on the scales this morning and I am 43.5kg! I blame hormones!! :D
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Howdy - so what was your non-Zero today? I actively avoided the staff room today because there was a birthday morning tea so that’s a win. Also skipped proper dinner because I knew I had eaten quite enough in my “tasting” of the meal while I prepared it. So two wins, but we won’t talk about the cake for afternoon tea or the cookie with lunch…… 🫤
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    @tamevv- there was a breakfast tea AND an afternoon tea?! That's a lot to resist. Your wins were good ones- Hooray for you! Thank you, I like this idea and let's keep it up as much as we can this month.

Non Zero Monday:
    -my "weekend eating" was on point
    -I avoided most of the snacking I seem to do when hubs is at the office

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    jseex6p7kg3a.png

Okay, team! Whatcha got? What is your non-zero win for the day?

https://meganeholstein.com/the-no-zero-days-productivity-mindset-might-change-your-life/
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,909 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Woo hoo! Congrats on that loss! WTG! Hahaha that's funny about your tree! Thanks, she is cute if I don't say so myself! How exciting for Hunter to find out today. Yay for a boy!!! Congrats!!! I think it's a great idea to report our wins! Thanks for the idea!

@shaunarlr83 Thank you so much! That's great that your son's car is working again, that makes things easier, doesn't it? Great NSV, seeing changes and getting healthy groceries.

@soaness Congrats on the loss! Great NSV, working out 3 times.

@Katmary71 Thanks! Strange and scary dream. You are lucky you wrapped all your presents, I'm jealous!

@DrewsAnna Great NSV, reaching your 10,000 step goal! WTG!

Hi all. My non-zero win for yesterday was eating 4 servings of fruits and veggies. I didn't have such a great day other than that. But I won't go into that. I need to drink more water. That is my focus today!

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    @shaunarlr83 – Oh my…please don’t microwave water for tea anymore! Just like how when you microwave food, there are still cold spots, the same thing happens to water. You just can’t get a good cup of tea that way. Definitely use your water cooler. Much better choice. That’s what I use at work for my tea. Have you discovered what type you like the most yet? Black tea is my favorite. Green tea is my least favorite…I can taste the grassiness and it doesn’t suit me.
    @soaness – Nice job fitting in those exercise days in between those 12 hour shifts…impressive!
    @Katmary71 – Yes, my mom enjoys horror, too. I scoff at the people that left the theater. Wussies. Anyway, Nosedive is a really good one. Scary to think China uses social scoring like that. I have not watched Christmas Bloody Christmas…yet. Someone in my Facebook Horror group shared it, but I don’t have the streaming platform it’s on right now. I’ll have to wait on it. And what a super wild dream you had!
    @DrewsAnna – That sounds so uncomfortable (your stomach). I hope it calms down soon. Good to hear your coming out of your depression. Yes, still see a therapist…but can I recommend you find one now? Sometimes you have to wait a month or two before they have openings available.
    Man o Man. This sinus infection still has a grip on me. Ears occasionally close up and now I’ve got that deep smoker’s cough. I was so tired last night I was nodding off on the couch. My son’s out to sea on a mission, so he doesn’t have access to the internet and asked me to preorder Final Fantasy XVI for him. He told me it was releasing at 10pm our time. UGH. I couldn’t figure out why it wasn’t allowing me to order, so I googled it. It didn’t release until MIDNIGHT our time! So I fought through the sleepiness and ordered the spoiled man his Collectors edition…that was freaking $400, mind you! Glad I have one of his credit cards still at home! The things we do for our children. Anyway, I’m super tired and have a headache this morning. Just fixed myself some Hazelnut Vanilla black tea from Ohio Tea Co. Thanks for letting me gripe!
    Monday’s No Zero Day Win for me: I went to my local natural foods grocery store (completely vegetarian store) and stuck to my list! They have a lot of different vegan candy options and I left with NONE!
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Monday’s No Zero Day Win for me:
    -Walked instead of taking taxi while going home from office
    -did a little exercise before going to bed
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 138
    CW: 137.5

We’ll I’ve been at a plateau for a while, but I’m happy I’m not gaining any holiday weight! Last year from Halloween to New Year’s I gained 9 lb. I’m still only 1.5 lb above my low. Granted, I haven’t hit a new low (136) since Oct 18th, but… I’m just practicing maintenance! Lol.
    Strength training at my athletic club is going well. No visible difference yet, but I feel stronger. Treated myself to 2 new protein powders. I have a protein smoothie about 3-4 days a week now.
    I hope you all are doing well! Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas 🎄🎁
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Wow you knocked it out of the park today, way to go! I'm so glad you're feeling a bit better, one day at a time and keep trying to do a little better each day, you got this.

@hlnnan That's great you went down, hormones are worth blaming, they're stinkers!

@Tamevv Way to go on avoiding the staff room! Two good wins!

@Cornanda Great job on avoiding snacking!

@trooworld That's an awesome No More Zero Days poster, love it! Your no zero win of more produce is awesome, it could've been 4 cookies instead of produce so great job on getting vitamins in!

@vegan4lyfe2012 You're an awesome Mom, I bet your son is super happy about that! I hope you get some great sleep and feel better when you wake up, sinus infections are the pits. Wow way to go on avoiding vegan candy!

@Ftofit Way to go on fitting lots of exercise into your day! I think those are great ways to do it like parking further or walking home, way to go.

@19shmoo69 Darren that's so awesome, I'm very happy for you! Wonderful someone is giving you the gift of health.

@FushiaKat Hugs Kat, we haven't forgetten about you! Celebrate every win, you've done so well you deserve it. I have a hard time around now, it's gloomy, my pain is worse in the cold, and I can't spend time in the yard or at the farm plus the financial stress of Christmas. I got real bad a few years ago so I'm trying to avoid too much stress and stay on top of everything, I hope you're able to avoid getting too down this year as well. Keep up the great work with your steps and goals!

@happysquidmuffin Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas! Keep up the great work maintaining, way to go on the .5 loss!

Hi team! I actually slept well, I started taking Ashwaganda but it couldn't have worked after the first dose right? Anyhow, I'm totally fine thinking it did if the placebo effect works on me and it didn't so I choose to believe it! Got up early and worked out then had a telehealth appointment to get my blood pressure medication increased, I really hope after the spinal cord stimulator trial goes great (I hope) it may not be needed once I get the final implant. Picked up meds and met my Dad for a late lunch then went to a craft fair and out to dinner with a friend. There was a painter there who does beautiful paintings and I bought some small things from her, two remind me of my aunts in Washington so I got cards for them and will send them tomorrow. Her succulent paintings are amazing but I can't really afford stuff for me right now!

No zero- all of the house is clean except for the family room, did my workout, and talked my friend into dinner over sundaes so those are wins to me!
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Am loving the creative ways people are “winning” 😁👍. Mine today is a step class and a short strength session for good measure.
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all! Well, I shopped all day, I'm so tired lol..... I swear shopping just wears me right out but, I'mmm done 😀

I did have a cheap cheeseburger while I was out because I was absolutely starving. I don't feel bad about it though. I had a healthy breakfast and because of the cheeseburger I had yogurt and berries with granola for dinner.

My fitbit said, I needed about 1500 steps to reach my 10,000 steps goal so, I walked around the house till I reached my goal. Really, though I didn't need to do that because, I forgot to put my fitbit back on after charging it. I feel like that is a win.

No zero wins, *Walking to reach a goal that I knew I had already reached but, my fitbit didn't know that.
    *Having yogurt for dinner because I had; had a double cheeseburger for lunch.

***FINISHING MY CHRISTMAS SHOPPING***

Happy, happy dance 😃💃🏼 Y'all have a great evening/day!!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

I found an un-posted message here from Monday night. I think I fell asleep before posting!

I would love some advice - what finally motivated you to start losing weight? My body is screaming at me all the time, but I keep failing over and over. I just need the right catalyst to start counting calories and just keep at it. It’s happened in the past and unfortunately I just woke up in the morning one day ready to make it happen.

Non-zero day: I did actually succeed in not eating anything past supper time. I went to bed at 9:30 which I really needed, so it’s hard to eat while you’re sleeping! Win! Haha
This discussion has been closed.