Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - your post is amazing! It really moved me. Thank you.

@Katmary71 - what a wonderful event- I'm glad you got to take part in it.

@trooworld - one of the kids had a stye years ago and I think they take awhile to look better? Keep on with those compresses and meds.

No zero Sunday- had a light dinner.

Got a LOT of Christmas stuff caught up over the weekend, but I will have to push to finish. My daughter arrives tonight! She took some time off work, so she will be able to stay longer than usual. This will be a joyful week!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,910 Member
    Options
    @Vegan4lyfe2012 @megnolia82 @Cornanda congrats on your leaderboard positions this week! Woo hoo!

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@FushiaKat Great advice.

@Katmary71 Oh that's great about your older nephew. My eyelid IS uncomfortable and embarrassing lol. You are right about organizing! I got some done and it looks better but I got this cube storage thing that we have to put together to really help organize stuff. That probably won't happen for a while as my husband is really busy on the weekends. I am off on Friday, I may attempt it myself. The Let It Snow project sounds wonderful. What a treat to be involved. It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend!

@DrewsAnna I hope you had a great time over the weekend.

@Cornanda Yeah, it's sure taking a while for this stye. :( The compresses feel good on it. Great no zero win! Enjoy the time with your daughter and the week!

Hi all. I got some stuff done yesterday which made me feel accomplished. My craft area is not such a disaster and I made another gift for my best friend. My stomach was hurting really bad after eating an unhealthy breakfast yesterday. I suffered all night with it into my sleeping hours. Ginger tea helped some. Today, it is better. I just need to watch what I eat.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I didn't snack yesterday. Between the options of a ready-made meal and a grocery store build-your-own salad, I picked the salad for dinner.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda it is good that you like journaling.i m a lazy person and easily gets distracted.i have wrote for last four days without a miss .i m suffering from anxiety and depression for some time.i read in an article that journaling will help but it is not easy .writing about my worries made me more anxious and i left journaling in few days .so i m writing about things that lift my mood.i m using this list and write for 10- 15minutes.
    https://daringtolivefully.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/60-Lists1.png

My no zero win-planned my meals and took healthy snacks with tea.
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    ⚖️WEIGH IN⚖️

Weigh day Monday
    Previous weight - 183.2
    Current weight - 180.6
  • shaunarlr83
    shaunarlr83 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Busy busy busy….
    Friday my sister - in - law asked me to help do her girls hair for homecoming. I had fun spending time with my nieces and doing girlie stuff. Saturday I rushed a photo shoot with my daughter and her friend out at the mountains, I was bummed I didn’t plan things out better to get a hike in. Then stopped by and cut my two youngest nieces hair and had a good visit with my sister, came back and helped my mom swap out her dining room table and chairs and then we shopped yesterday for new material to cover the cushions. Made it into the gym before getting dressed and going to see the Christmas lights at the zoo with my kids and my sons gf. Didn’t get home until almost 2am and had my counseling appointment at 8:30 today. It was so nice to just talk to someone, who knew exactly what I dealt with. We visited for almost 2 hours and determined I’m in a pretty good place the only area I’m lacking is actually getting to work. She knew someone else who had applied for the same job I was looking into and it was 6 months before she was hired so I’m going to have to do something else in the mean time. More shopping today for snacks and finger foods at our family Christmas on Christmas Eve and then I plan to sit and relax a bit. My daughter is working too much, trying to do all the fun stuff on her days off, and not resting so I told her no gym until she catches up on sleep. We have our first winter storm coming in Thursday. I’m hoping to get a hike or at least a nice walk in before the blizzard hits. I’m doing okay with eating twice a day and exercising regularly even though food choices aren’t great I’m trying no to over do any unhealthy options. I am very ready to get a bit more serious and shed some major weight before summer.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just checking in a sits busy busy this week. Non zero yesterday was that I did a short step class after my usual morning exercise and added some crunches.

👋👋
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @trooworld vannie does not like getting dressed up at all lol she will tolerate it for long enough for me to take a picture🤣. I wish she was more like Daisy! I really hope your eye is improving and will be 100% for Christmas. I really understand about getting hungry and how those fast food restaurants just call our names! It sounds like you are getting super organized and right on track for Christmas. How is your eye doing?

@Katmary71 you made me laugh, telling your story about your flapper, it reminded me of something that happened with my cousin. Last summer we met her, my mom and I met her for lunch when we travelled to Calgary (about three hours from here). We were sitting there enjoying a lovely lunch, when all of a sudden, my cousin covered her mouth and said “oh no!” Apparently her crown had broken off of her front tooth earlier and the dentist had temporarily fixed it, so that she could meet my mom and I for lunch. Poor dear, it fell out when she took a bite of her salad of all things! Luckily, we all had a very good chuckle about it🤪. Your let it Snow Project. Sounds like it really was amazing!

@Cornanda that Tex-Mex mix sounds too good for words! Good for you and getting all that Christmas stuff done. I know you were going to have an amazing time with your daughter, these are such special times enjoy.❤️!

@Fushiakat good for you and your battle with the cookie demon, I am nowhere near there! I definitely subscribe to the plan of giving all of those types of foods to my kids, the only time they are in my house is if we have had a big family meal here. Those things always go home with my kids :-). You have done so well on your amazing journey!

@happysquidmuffin that sounds like a super realistic goal, I know you can do this!

Sounds like everybody has been super busy, the month of December is always crazy.
    Last week on Thursday I tried doing my two classes and I thought I took it easy. By about 1 o’clock I was feeling really rough by about 3 o’clock. I was laying on the couch and shaking, I understand it was a buildup of lactic acid, but honestly, besides stretching a few times, I was toast! I thought I was going to be in rough shape on Friday, but I was just fine.
    It is so darn cold here, there is no getting out and walking that is for sure! It is about -36°C here. I take Vannie out for really quick potty breaks and she hast to have her boots on for those because it is too cold to go out without them even for a couple of minutes. There is a Mall about five minutes from my house, so I have done mall walking a couple of days to make sure I am getting my steps in lol.

I was supposed to do my first fun agility match on Saturday, but unfortunately, it was cancelled as our weather here has been horrendous the last week. It’s OK, I was super nervous about it. Lol. But I have signed up for one in January. I messaged my agility instructor about something I was trying to learn with Vannie and she said that she could see Vannie and I going to regionals and then nationals (it is because Vannie is such a quick learner and so FAST, I just try to keep up)! I told her that scared the daylights out of me! For right now we are having a lot of fun and just trying to figure out what the heck is going on :-) :-).

I gained a half a pound this past week, but I figured that is the half pound I lost last week, so I am good with that. I only have one birthday dinner this week and then, of course Christmas dinner this week, I am really going to try to stay on course the rest of the week! My clothes are getting too tight and I refuse to buy larger sizes. I need to get back into my goal range, but for December I am OK.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Oh no hope you're feeling back to normal, drink lots of water and keep resting! Sad when we were young we could hang with wild nights so much better, now you do a half wild one and you're absolutely exhausted for days.

@Cornanda Glad your daughter is on the way and you're not too far behind. Yes it will be a joyful week!

@trooworld Is the eyelid any better? Funny with things like you you're positive the whole world is staring at you but they really aren't, I hope it clears up soon! Glad you're feeling better today, that build-your-own-salad sounds awesome!

@FtoFit I love that list!

@happysquidmuffin I love your enthusiasm, sounds like a sexy bathing suit will be in order for the trip!

@shaunarlr83 You sound really busy but it's all good stuff aside of waiting to hear bout the job! I'm glad couseling went well, the right therapist helps a lot.

@laurelfit57 Your poor cousin, how embarrassing to lose her tooth then! I kept thinking of me eating without a eyetooth at the dinner table on Christmas Eve without a tooth and I couldn't do it but at least the flapper is here if it comes out. Wow are you thinking of taking Vannie to regionals and nationals? I'm glad you're having fun whether you do that or not.

Hi team! I'm still really worn out, I worked out this morning and felt real weak so I skipped weights and just got through cardio and stretching as I had an appointment. When I got to it I was told my insurance won't cover the exam until January so no new glasses yet for me. It's chilly for CA today, I need to go to 3 pairs of pants instead of 2 and it's only 40 degrees but makes my legs go bonkers. I came home and got in bed to warm up and conked out for 2 hours. Got a lot of work done this afternoon, I cleaned most the kitchen after I made a huge mess making cookies and need to finish cleaning it then going to bed early. Have an awesome Tuesday!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    That book looks real good!

Well I had started one more Christmas book and didn't have time to read when Bill was here, I was supposed to have 3 weeks to read it but the library deleted it from my Kindle before I could finish it and I was 20% in. I think I'll stick to the magazines for now as I haven't been reading them at all.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @happysquidmuffin You sound determined! You've got this!!!

@shaunarlr83 Congrats on the loss! How fun to do girlie stuff with your nieces. I'm tired just reading about your weekend lol. I hope the storm isn't too bad and you get to hike.

@Tamevv Thanks for checking in.

@laurelfit57 LOL poor Vannie! Thank you about my eye. I will definitely be avoiding pictures until it is healed! My eye isn't that much better but I'm doing all the treatments the doc recommended so hopefully it makes a difference. I am super organized, I've got a spreadsheet and it's mostly filled out, just have to get two more gifts! :) Are you ready? I'm glad you are taking precautions in the cold with Vannie, I bet she looks cute in her boots. That's great you are doing mall walking.

@Katmary71 Not really better. Maybe a little? Thanks for asking. I love the build-your-own salad option! It is cold down here, too. I hate walking my dog in this weather. That's a bummer that the library deleted the book you were reading. I completed my Goodreads challenge for the year and I'm still reading, I have read 57 books so far!

Hi all. My eye isn't much better but I'll give it a few more days before I contact the doc with a pic and ask her if I'm supposed to be any better by now. This week at work will be hard, I don't feel like working lol. I am off on Friday so I just have to get through until then.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: I didn't snack yesterday, I drank 60 oz of water which is double what I did the day before, I ate a healthy dinner (salmon, broccoli and roasted sweet potatoes).

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There is now lots of confectionary in my house and I keep being offered it! This is going to be a tough, tough week! :cold_sweat:
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    happysquidmuffin
    Weigh in: Tuesday
    PW: 137.5
    CW: 137.5

Hi guys lots of NSV wins yesterday. I worked out like a beast this morning. Shauna, I’m going to kick your butt this week 😉 (7-day challenge started today). Haha thanks yeah I’ve got a brand new size medium swimsuit waiting for me for this cruise! Can’t wait. Make it a great day, guys n ladies. Rock it.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding me? I've been running around doing all kinds of Christmas prep and it looks like I'm going to be snowed inside for the entire 4 day Christmas weekend?!? I'm in the St. Joe area on this map. Post your weather warnings so I don't feel so alone!
    kl8pfqho7462.jpg
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 I don’t know if I would ever go beyond fun competitions, Mikayla (trainer) said that would be a goal for 2024 :-). But it was just a huge compliment because she has always been really tough on us, and I have never heard her give a complement. Fun first🥰.
    I am so sorry that the cold has such an effect on you. Have you ever thought of fleece lined pants? I have some that I got at Costco, they are outdoor pants, but I am wondering if they might actually keep you warm (https://www.costco.ca/stormpack-sunice-women’s-windproof-lined-pants.product.100852099.html). It sounds like you have been super busy. I hope you have a nice restful sleep tonight.

@trooworld I only have one more gift certificate to get, make some fudge, and then wrap presents. I definitely don’t have the system going on that you do! I am so sorry that your eye is taking so long to turn around. I don’t know anybody who likes to be at work the week of Christmas :-).

Well it is 5 pm and I am at the gym which is a first for me! I took my mom for some medical appointments this morning so I had to miss my class. I booked this class but I didn’t know if I would actually make it. I am like @Cornanda, if my butt hits the couch I have a REALLY hard time convincing myself to get off it. This is actually the first afternoon class I have done in years! I prepped a chicken stirfry so all I have to do is heat it up when I get home. I had a really hard time convincing myself to leave the house it is -40°C right now 🥶
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m looking forward to going back and catching up on what has been happening with you all - but that won’t happen till at least Friday 😔. For now my non zeros :

Yesterday I walked to and from a venue instead of hitching a ride, and today I passed on all the meats and just ate salads.

Tomorrow is the long-awaited staff party which I’m looking forward to and going to eat everything, so will have to slip some exercise in somewhere. I’ve been too busy and exhausted to do scheduled exercise for the last two days but more than covering my goals with just activity.

Hope it’s a good day for everyone 👋
  • trooworld
    Options
    @FushiaKat WAY TO GO, GIRLFRIEND!

ewocbhxq0bhi.png
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

@vegan4lyfe2012 dont worry, I’m on the north side of the lake and it’s going to be pretty awful here, too! I’m in the red.

Stay safe everyone!

fb0ig2gu5obp.jpeg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @hlnnan Oh gosh. Food pushers + sweets? That's tough. What happens if you stand your ground and say you don't want any?

@happysquidmuffin Great job, you are doing awesome!

@FushiaKat CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so proud of you! You are a shining example for us all, Kat. Well done! HUGS!!!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no!!! Wow, that's awful. I'm so sorry. You aren't going to like what I post lol, see below, I'm trolling you a bit. ;) Are your kids coming for Christmas? Will this affect those plans?

@laurelfit57 Oh gosh, you remind me I have to wrap my presents. I HATE doing that, I am so bad at it. Thanks about my eye. I am picking up another prescription this morning. No, working this week stinks! What a great NSV, getting to your 5pm class! Woo hoo!

@Tamevv Great job, I hope you have a fun time at the party.

Hi all. At work today, we are going to a restaurant for our holiday luncheon. I already picked out what I will have: a seared ahi tuna salad. I'm looking forward to it. I won't get much done today lol.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: No snacking or going to the cafe at work, I had what I planned for lunch and dinner and I didn't eat much at lunch. Dinner was a reasonable portion/smaller than my normal. I drank a decent amount of water.

dtefs2n12dd8.png
This discussion has been closed.