Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - DECEMBER 2022

Options

Replies

• happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Christmas Party at the athletic club tonight. The indoor snowball fight was definitely the highlight for my kiddies. Ok ok, and me. I ate lots of veggies, 3 tbsp of dip, 1 s’more, then finished most of my sons s’more he decided he didn’t want, and half a cookie. I’m only 60 calories over my calorie goal for the day, so guess who’s about to head back to the club for a workout… meeeee.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Wow that's a lot of books this year! That salad sounds delicious, enjoy your luncheon!

@hlnnan It IS a tough week! I'm trying not to throw caution to the wind for the rest of the week but it's hard!

@happysquidmuffin Rockin those NSVs! LOL, so Shauna's going down hm? Too funny! When I was doing the step challenge when I first started this group @bethanie0825 would beat me by like 100 steps but not until after I went to bed so I was always second-place but thought I was ahead when I called it a night. Since I couldn't do steps anymore just arm flaps it wasn't fair to stay up late flapping my arms though my nephews laughed hysterically when I told them how I kept being beat and I was going to flap my arms +1 just so I'd win by 1 and drive her crazy back! You did amazing at the Christmas party, wtg!

@FushiaKat Woot woot, you're so awesome, congratulations! You earned this success, way to go!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no, that weather situation is the pits! If I post mine from CA it will probably make you want to move, it's thankfully not raining over Christmas here just a little cold. My parent's neighborhood puts luminaries out when it's not raining and it's really pretty, he gets real upset when it rains and they can't so I've been hoping it's clear and so far so good.

@laurelfit57 That is a great compliment from the trainer, something to think about! I've just been layering clothes but I'll look into those, thank you for the link! Way to go on doing the afternoon class, I hope it's fun!

@Tamevv You're doing amazing! And you checking on me has made me good at remembering to do side situps, thank you!

@megnolia82 Stay safe and warm!

Hi team! I was at my neighbor's last night, she'd invited me over and I picked up a pizza for us and she made a salad then we drank wine and talked for hours, it was a nice night. I did talk to her about her being flaky and it IS because she's struggling with anxiety since her husband died, I'm glad we discussed it since if I understand why it's happening I'm less likely to be frustrated with her. Not feeling the best today but had to get my cleaning over with since Bill's coming tomorrow and I'm going to coffee with a friend in the afternoon. Finished up my Christmas cards, I just need to decide what to write in Bill's and I'm ready for Christmas. Oh and my hold on Stephen King's book came through so I'm going to go to bed early so I can read for an hour first! Have a great Thursday everyone!
  • hlnnan
    hlnnan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    hlnnan wrote: »
    There is now lots of confectionary in my house and I keep being offered it! This is going to be a tough, tough week! :cold_sweat:

@trooworld @Katmary71 This is tricky because it is my 15 year old and it is an expression of love. It is her birthday chocolates that she is offering me. I am accepting a couple a day but trying to put a limit on it by explaining my aims re waist needing to fit into my clothes. She loves sport and is an athletic build so I think she understands how she would feel if it was her with the excess weight. I do struggle with boundaries,and so I am working on that. It can so emotionally draining! I am really looking forward to Xmas though!! :)
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    MFP say's that I can only eat 49 more calories a day if I want to maintain my current weight. I was hoping it would be more like 200 I did not get any yardwork done today, with the exception of moving the bagged-up leaves into the pile to be hauled off. I will be super busy tomorrow too; I don't think there will be anytime for yardwork. I have to drive an hour each direction to take care of the paperwork for the Jeep we are selling. My friend and her husband both have Covid. They are postponing Christmas until they feel better. They live back East so we are not in contact with each other. They want to visit us next month. For my Anniversary gift my husband got me a Milwaukee heated jacket. I love it. I wear it in the house in the afternoons after lunch. I'm freezing every day after lunch for some unknown reason. A battery lasts a long time but he got me 2 extras so I can rotate them out. Today was baked potato day, I forgot and ate Taco Salad. I don't know when I will get to eat tomorrow.
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - thank you for saying that about being cold after lunch. It happened to me for years, and avoided to mention it to anyone. At work I wear a light jacket after lunch every day, and the one with our big logo in front fits the bill perfectly.
    I keep to light lunches , so if that much energy is redirected to digestion to the point of skipping essentials then I must accept that my machine is not a fine engineered one Made in Germany, but a knockoff or something 😂
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,912 Member
    Options
    @happysquidmuffin That sounds fun.

@Katmary71 Thank you! The salad was good. That sounds like a fun time with your neighbor. Have fun with Bill!

@hlnnan I get that, my husband's way of expressing love is through food. I think the way you are handling it is good.

@FushiaKat I hope you have a good Christmas. That's too bad about your friends. Good luck with the Jeep sale. That's an excellent gift your husband gave you. I love taco salad, I actually had put that on the menu next week.

Hi all. I am almost ready for Christmas, just have to get one more gift. I ordered a special edition of Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut for my husband from Folio Society in the UK and I thought it wasn't going to get here for Christmas but I just got a tracking update that it will be here tomorrow! I'm so happy, all of my gifts for him worked out perfectly. His for me, on the other hand, have been a comedy of errors: twice, Amazon has ruined the surprises, the first time, I answered the door and the box had what was inside on the outside. Then last night, Amazon came to the door with an opened package and I saw what was inside lol.

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: No snacking, stuck to the salad at the luncheon at work, didn't finish my portion of dinner. I drank a decent amount of water.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options

Weekly weigh in
    PW: 74.3
    CW: 73.8

Non-zero yesterday - I only had one plate (which I did not finish) did not bring any sweets home after the lunch.

Did not do any focussed exercise but had enough incidentals to close my rings.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,579 Member
    Options
    @hlnnan That IS tricky, I'm glad you found a way to compromise that makes you and your daughter both happy.

@FushiaKat Your anniversary jacket sounds amazing, how cool! I love taco salad and haven't had it in ages, I may copy you tomorrow!

@trooworld I'm glad all your gifts for your husband worked out! Haha your poor husband, how frustrating! I couldn't believe my Mom's came when she was here for the only time in months but at least the picture wasn't on the box like it was with my brother's air fryer. He must be so frustrated!

@Tamevv Way to go on closing your rings! Which fitness tracker has rings, is that Apple or Garmin?

Hi team! I've been worn out, think my new blood pressure medication is making me super sleepy. I'm definitely less fiesty but I also don't have any energy to work up a good mad since I keep wanting to take naps! Having high BP brings a new meaning to fiery temper especially when it's around 180/85 like it was a couple weeks ago! I should be able to stop it when I get the spinal cord stimulator but that's going real slow, I haven't even heard about the MRI yet. Bill's on his way, I went out with a friend for coffee then straightened up and am now just waiting for him to come. I had too many cookies today but am trying not to stress about it for a few days. Have a great Friday everyone! I did my morning workout but it dragged and was hard to get energetic for especially weights but got it done.
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 236
    CW: 235
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in: Thursday
    PW: 155.2
    CW: 157.1

Hey Y'all, I haven't been very active on here, I've been really busy. A lot of eating out and doing some baking. Christmas is Sunday and I still have so much to do. Next week I promise to be more active on here. If you don't hear from me before Christmas, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!! I hope it's perfect however, you choose to celebrate.
  • Tamevv
    Tamevv Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    @katmary71. Hi 👋. I have the Apple Watch. Goals are set such that if I do my regular sets of exercise or have a very active day I can close them, but lazy days I have to make an effort to get something specific done. Like today it got to 8:30 and I was going to be short so had to get on the elliptical for 15 mins to get there. Got it done tho 😁👍

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Battened down here for the big storm. I’m also sick as a dog so there is no chance I would even attempt to leave the house today.

Stay safe and warm everyone! Is there anyone avoiding this weather today?
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    edited December 2022
    Options
    Got busy this week, but I took today off to get ready for Christmas and I promised myself a catch up post as a treat!

@trooworld- how is your eye doing? That's funny/too bad about your husband's gift surprises getting ruined.

@Ftofit - I also have some anxiety and depression. Journaling helps me because I am an emotional thinker and sometimes all those emotions affect my thoughts. When I put them down on paper, I can evaluate the truthfulness of my feelings- "is that really so, or is my brain telling me something that's not true?" I get that it can also magnify things- so you do you. I'm glad you are journaling. Don't tell yourself you are a lazy person if you don't do it every day. I don't think that's true.

@happysquidmuffin - You go girl and get that new swimsuit for your trip. The health club party sounds fun!

@shaunarlr83 - You are so busy! Everything you are doing sounds fun- workouts, doing hair, catching up with family.

@vegan4lyfe2012 @megnolia82 - Hope it won't be as bad as predicted and stay warm and safe! Coldest Christmas in Florida in 30 years! Floridians are excited to be able to wear sweaters. A person at my husband's office gets angry when it's not cold at Christmas- one year she turned her AC way down so she could run the fireplace.

@laurelfit57 - Stay warm! That's really cool about your agility work. Try to be open to the possibility and see where it takes you. Enjoy Christmas with your family!

@Katmary71 - It's way too warm for them here, but someone once gave me a pair of leggings that had a soft, warm lining- like flannel or fleece, maybe that would help your legs? That's great that you got to spend time with your neighbor. Have fun with Bill!

@Hinnan- food love is a hard one- sounds like you are handling it well.

@FushiaKat - Hooray you met goal! Wow you have worked hard and come so far! You are amazing! Your heated jacket sounds nice!

@DrewsAnna- this is definitely a busy week for me too. Enjoy!

@Tamevv - way to go on closing those rings and keeping up with the NSV every single day!

Things got busy at work this week. And at home with the final push to get ready for Christmas and my daughter here. I have not done any exercise besides walking all week. I did some extra walks on my lunch to try to make up for what I missed. I've tried to eat well in spite of some treat events- did OK.

Merry Christmas to all!

Lisa

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 172.6
    CW 172.3

• trooworld
    Options
    @Tamevv Congrats on the loss and non-zero win! Great job closing your rings.

@Katmary71 I know, right? Hahaha he's so mad and frustrated! I'm sorry you can't work up a good mad lol. I like that you are feisty! I am a bit feisty as well. Enjoy your time with Bill. Don't sweat the cookies!

@davors19 Congrats on the loss!

@DrewsAnna Merry Christmas to you as well!

@megnolia82 I hope you stay warm and dry, and I hope you feel better. I'm sorry for all you guys that are affected by the storm, where I live it is going to be in the mid-70s for Christmas so I get to avoid it.

@Cornanda I am taking today off as well! Yay! My eye is a bit better, less itchy and the bump is slowly reducing. Thanks for asking. Yes, he's quite PO'd about the gifts lol. Well at least you did the extra walks on your lunch, that's great! Merry Christmas! Congrats on the scale going down.

Hi all. I am so happy to be off today. I have things to do though, going to get some groceries, getting an oil change, cooking and wrapping the last of some presents. I had a gain this week, not happy about it but then again, I'm not tracking my food and that's always dangerous.

Stay safe and warm, everyone! Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to you!

MY NO-ZERO DAY WIN FROM YESTERDAY: No snacking, had a poke bowl for dinner with lettuce instead of rice.

My phrase for the year: "Something needs to change…so I will take no crap and eat no crap!"
  • trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 225.4
    CW: 227.2

LTD: 20.8
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Hey team, I had 3 days in a row under goal, but then last night I was so tired I napped on the couch after kids went to sleep and woke up at like 9pm when my hubs got home from Wal-mart and half-asleep shoveled in some cookies and naan crackers like they were going out of style. I literally sleep-ate!
    I spread those calories out over the next few days in MFP instead of logging them for last night, so I don’t get discouraged seeing so much red after a few good days. Do any of you ever do that? Give yourself “penalty calories” that you log ahead? Lol.
    I get a free trial personal trainer session today! I hope it’s helpful.
    Merry Christmas & Happy Everything Important to You!
  • GabiV125
    GabiV125 Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    Username: GabiV125
    Check in day: Thursday
    PW: 137.0
    CW: 136.6
    Bad weather here today and tomorrow so I’ll ‘entertain’ myself cooking and cleaning. If I get over everything today, I’ll get three relaxing days.
    The non-zero and 5-min-daily for yesterday was the 30 minutes abs challenge my coworker roped me in- one session a week. Last week (first time) a couldn’t sneeze/cough without cringing for two days afterwards, and today I’m planning hours of vacuuming 😂.

Stay safe wherever you are and wish you the best holidays!
  • Ftofit
    Ftofit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Username: ftofit
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 160.8
    CW: 165.2

Gained 4.4lb this weeks.totally expected.it's been too cold and i want to stay in my quilt all the time.i m eating a lot of snacks and can't stop myself.only 8 days are remaining in this year.let's hope i will break this bad habit till next year.i dont have any problem in lunch or dinner.the only problem comes with tea time snacks.i drink tea 5 times a day and with each time i eat snacks.mostly they are deep fried spicy snacks.once i start eating them i found them so tasty that i just cant stop.any suggestion guys?

This discussion has been closed.