TEAM: The Big Butt Theory (January)

Options
AB0215
AB0215 Posts: 7,141 Member
Welcome to the Challenge new and returning teammates!! This is the conversation/weigh in thread for your Team :) Keep on losing because our first weigh ins begin THIS Sunday! Should you need anything, please post here and your team Captains will answer as soon as possible.
Β«134567

Replies

• DaffyGirl88
    DaffyGirl88 Posts: 4,527 Member
    Options
    Greetings everyone and Happy New Year! I am traveling today and tomorrow but hope to be back online Tuesday or Wednesday. I will catch up with everyone then. Here's to a great 2023!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰
  • cmhubbard92
    cmhubbard92 Posts: 5,018 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year TBBT!

Things have been beyond chaotic and I'm afraid this month is going to be as well. Last month was a complete bomb for me, so I've been really trying to get back on track logging my food, walking, etc. I am regaining control, and can get back to the progress I was once seeing... I just have to stay focused!

This month I have two trips, one to California for my vacation and my brother's wedding, and then a four day trip to Atlanta for training for work. There's about 5 days between my two trips so I am trying to prevent as much damage as possible over this first month of the new year!

I am making it a plan to check in(participate) at least once a week this month, because this has become one of my biggest struggles. I want to be the interactive and encouraging person that I have been, but I've realized I need to take small steps to get there.

Wishing you all a safe and happy new year!
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year, team! g1u5857akzev.jpeg
  • therealbluenote
    therealbluenote Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Holy cow it worked! I never could get a picture to post! 🀣
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I look forward to this challenge-I want to clarify, we are posting our first weigh in on Sunday the 8th?
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @downongreenacres depending on which day your weigh in is, your first weigh in is this week. I peeked at the spreadsheet and your first weigh in should be today, Monday January 2nd. :) welcome to the team!
  • tslose
    tslose Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Here is to January where I stay on track and lose some of this weight I gained! Plan is to log everything I eat and drink, get back to consistent exercise!
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @tslose great plan!

This is a reminder for the start of the challenge:

Sunday Weigh-In:
    @cmhubbard92 (I did not weigh, so will check in tomorrow morning)

Monday Weigh-In:
    @downongreenacres
    @kading55

I hope everyone has a great day and stay focused! :)
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    @therealbluenote I love the picture! I'm happy you got the picture to post, some of the icons can be deceiving.
  • cmhubbard92
    Options
    For those of you that have not posted in this month's thread, I am tagging you as the January challenge has begun!

@chloeguo
    @susanshaughnessy80
    @ajdvegan
    @brandi_84
    @maryphum
    @sandkp
    @Italiana
    @mooreshelley09
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Happy New Year, team! g1u5857akzev.jpeg

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    I'm going to tag @JbeanR0212 and @HASWLRS also. Somehow Jen keeps dropping off the spreadsheet and I just keep adding her back. πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Lisa pops in periodically to say hello.

I shirked my duties a bit in December between work, holidays, traveling to VA and Seattle and I didn't check in with people like I should. But I will be back home tomorrow and plan to pick up where I left off. ☺️
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    @cmhubbard92 that's so nice that you are going to CA for your brothers wedding. I just started planning a trip to northern CA for the end of April. We're going to San Francisco, Napa 🍷, Yosemite and Redwood National Park. I'm excited.πŸ™‚
  • downongreenacres
    downongreenacres Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    This week's weigh in:
    Let me know if this is right!

Downongreenacres
    Mon Jan 2
    SW 174.4
    CW 169.2
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    This week's weigh in:
    Let me know if this is right!

Downongreenacres
    Mon Jan 2
    SW 174.4
    CW 169.2

@downongreenacres looks fantastic! β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘
  • MamaSunflowers
    MamaSunflowers Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    After a tough couple of weeks away in England (I don't think I can even count that as a holiday..), I am back in my lovely Spain and hopped on the scale this morning. The results were not unexpected but also not welcome!

Starting 2023 at 151.6lb

Happy new year everyone

(Formerly adjvegan)

• DaffyGirl88
    Options
    After a tough couple of weeks away in England (I don't think I can even count that as a holiday..), I am back in my lovely Spain and hopped on the scale this morning. The results were not unexpected but also not welcome!

Starting 2023 at 151.6lb

Happy new year everyone

(Formerly adjvegan)

@MamaSunflowers Welcome back! :)
  • DaffyGirl88
    Options
    Hi everyone!! My name is Sue, and I am 62 years old. I live in southern Maryland, am married, have two grown kids (1 in Seattle, 1 in VA), 2 grandbabies (VA) and 1 fur baby 🐢. I work full time, currently teleworking which appears may go on for.ev.er. I love to read, ride my bike, quilt, and make greeting cards. I am always up for a challenge (you've probably figured that out LOL) and am usually involved in multiple reading, fitness and Fitbit challenges at any given time. πŸ“šπŸšΆ

I have been on MFP for 10 years now and part of TBBT for a little over 2. Wow...time sure does fly!! I joined TBBT after COVID/teleworking caused my weight to climb. I officially hit my goal of 140 lbs in September but sadly have been on a steady climb since my vacation in October. :/

My goal for January is to get back into my normal eating and exercising routine. If I can return to my normal way of eating I know that I can lose the vacation / holiday / travel weight that has crept up on me.

Welcome to our new teammates and welcome back to those returning. Here's to a great New Year!!

Good luck everyone!!
  • kading55
    kading55 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    MFP USER NAME: Kading55
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY: January 01, 2023
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT: 194.4
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT: 200
    TEAM PREFERENCE: No preference
    Target Weight: 165

January 01, 2023, Weigh in: 191.2 lbs. (-3.2 lbs) from date of sign up; (-8.8 lbs.) from heaviest; 26.2 lbs. to target!

Hey Team! I didn't have access to my laptop until this morning; was supposed to post weigh in yesterday....

I have had MFP app for some time... but have never taken it seriously to get real benefit from it. This is the year I take my physical health and mental health seriously! I look forward to getting to know the team more as we progress through this year on our health journeys!

-Best
    Alan